Red Hood - Vengeance

נכתב על ידי The_Pugg

Y/N Todd was the second Robin, taken under the Bat's wing he was taken off the streets and pushed into a life... עוד

-- Introduction --
The Beginning
Training Commences
The First Night
-- Villains you'd like? --
Familiar Faces
Clash with the Clown
Tragedy
A New Start
-- Apologies!! --
Anger of a Father
Loyalty to the League?
The Power of Rage
The Investigation Begins
A Tense Meeting
A Shocking Revelation
-- A Break --
Threats and Opportunities
The Crafting of an Allegiance
A Battle of Brothers
The Makings of a Monster
League Vs Legion
The Clown's Plan

Deceit and Warnings

883 24 1
נכתב על ידי The_Pugg

Y/n touched down on the building, looking around for indicators for the location of the so-called Lacey Towers. So far, he'd had no luck in locating the building, if only he could ask someone.

As he looked down at a nearby alley, he noticed a young woman being accosted by a man. He was loud and drunk, but undoubtedly a criminal...a clown.

Y/n dropped down into the Alley, though he was unnoticed by either and he begun walking towards the pair.

"If only I could hide this ability and look." Y/n thought, "then she wouldn't freak out."

Eventually he stopped before shouting "Leave her alone!"

The pair both looked over at y/n's words before he slapped her to the ground and started walking towards you.

"So, she called for help? Better run along before I kill you, boy." The man spat, drawing a knife from his pocket.

"Kill me? Please." Y/n sighed in response, shaking his head.

The man became enraged and flung his arm forwards, attempting to slice at the gut. The woman screamed before y/n sidestepped the blade and grabbed the man's wrist.

With a swift movement the wrist was held behind the guy's back and his legs were swept from under him as he fell to the floor.

The man made a movement to stand once more before a fist descended onto his head and he was out cold.

Y/n stood fully before turning over to look at the woman, expecting a fearful face, but instead he saw the face of a thankful person.

She rushed over and threw her arms around Y/n's lower back as she fell against him, sobbing at how scared she was.

Y/n simply patted her shoulder.

Could she not see who she was hugging?

As he patted her shoulder, he noticed the glow of the Red ring on his right hand.

It was concealing your appearance?

Eventually the woman stopped crying and let go of Y/n before standing as sirens drew closer.

Y/n made a move to head away but the woman grabbed hold of his arm as a pair of police officers ran into the Alley, guns drawn.

Seeing the woman grabbing ahold of your arm as you tried to get away they aimed their guns at Y/n.

"FREEZE! DON'T MOVE!"

Y/n froze and weighed his options.

He can't be stopped now, slowly he dropped his arm, reaching for the gun on his waist.

As his fingers grasped the handle of the weapon, the woman rose her hand.

"No! This man was the one who helped me!"

The two cops looked at each other before lowering their weapons slightly.

"Are you certain, Dr. Young?"

"Yes, the man on the ground is the one who attacked me." The young doctor stated as she gestured to the unconscious man on the floor.

As the cops holstered their weapons and made a move to arrest the unconscious man, the doctor turned back to you.

"The police know you by name?" Y/n breathed, pulling his arm away from his weapon.

"I work at the Asylum, when they bring the psychos in, I'm usually the one waiting for them." She stated, picking up her bag.

"Psychos, huh? You must know plenty of them then." Y/n guessed.

"Yes, all kinds."

She began walking over towards the police before looking over her shoulder.

"I'd like to offer you dinner, as thanks." She said, looking into Y/n's eyes.

"I don't really do public meals-"

"It can be at my place, I don't mind," She pressed the topic, "I just want to say thanks."

"I don't know..." y/n said, rubbing his neck.

"C'mon, come to my place at Lacey Towers and then decide." She finished, turning and walking towards the police once more.

Lacey Towers?! She could lead you there?

Perfect.

Changing his mind immediately, Y/n caught up to the young doctor and walked beside her, earning a genuine smile of joy from the aforementioned woman.

The police initially offered a ride to the pair, but she declined and although the police insisted, she remained unmoving.

The doctor led Y/n through the streets of Gotham and made small talk about a multitude of subjects: occupation, family, friends, even love lifes.

Y/n, knowing nothing about himself, had to lie about all the answers. He didn't know what his job was, he didn't know if he had any friends or family, nor his love life.

Eventually, they reached the building and the young doctor allowed Y/n entry to the property.

The pair then entered an elevator, pressing a button the doors closed and they rose to the 10th floor of the tall tower. The doctor was oblivious as she led the man who concealed his form from her to her apartment.

Apartment 302.

Y/n's eyes travelled left and rested upon the apartment next door.

Apartment 301.

The young doctor unlocked her front door and stepped inside, allowing Y/n entry.

Once he entered, she closed the door and turned away to remove her coat.

"Apologies." His voice stated before, in one swift movement, she was out cold.

As she began to fall, Y/n caught her slumped form and carried her to her bedroom. Laying her down, he threw her blanket over her body and immediately left.

Exiting out the apartment entrance and closing it behind him, Y/n walked over to stand in front of the door labeled "301"

He drew his gun from his holster and raised his foot before kicking the door in.

The door led to a large room that led into another, even larger room with a slight doorway.

Immediately noticing two men who sat on stools, Y/n raised his weapon and fired twice, dispatching the two.

One was thrown backwards from a bullet to the brain and rested leaning back onto the wall behind him. The second, recieving a bullet to the heart, fell forwards and crashed to the floor.

After the two men were dead, Y/n surveyed the open room to find it empty and unmoving.

He took a few steps before the sudden slam of the door leading into the larger room shutting rang through the room.

Y/n walked forwards and stood at the door, his gun pointing upwards.

He listened.

Footsteps.

The cocking of guns.

And then the silence.

They're waiting for him to kick the door in.

Y/n surveyed the room once more and noticed a window to outside the building.

Holstering his weapon, he walked over and elbowed through the glass, looking towards the room that the men were waiting in.

A large glass window overlooking the city stood in the wall.

Perfect.

Taking a few steps back, he got a running start before leaping out the broken window and flying into the distance. He flew a few streets over before slowing to a halt and shooting back towards the apartment.

The men in the apartment all remained silent and nervous, all pointing their guns at the door.

Eventually one spoke up.

"Do...do you reckon they left?"

The nervousness was apparent in his voice.

"They can't have," another says, "Kill the guards and then just-"

The next second, the large window shattered and the figure of the red-masked monster skid across the room, throwing the man closest to it onto the floor.

Immediately the men turned to try to shoot the superpowered assailant but were met with a transparent red shield.

The bullets connected with the shield and ricocheted around the room, killing one of the men.

Y/n spun to the side of the pair of shooting men and changed his shield into a large sword and brought it down onto the men, slicing the two of them clean in half.

Their top halves fell forwards while their bottoms fell backwards.

The man who was thrown to the floor got up and gave a roar of anger mixed with fear.

Y/n simply threw his leg backwards and knocked the man clear out of the window.

His cry of terror as he fell from the tower slowly quietened until a loud crash and a car alarm sounded in the distance.

Now Y/n only stood with two criminals.

"Which of you is going to tell me where I can find the Joker?"

"We ain't working for the-" one began but he was cut off as Y/n grabbed his throat and slammed him against the wall.

Y/n looked over to a table and saw a clown mask, using the ring a red hand grasped the mask and pulled it to float in front of the criminal.

Tightening his grip, the criminal began to gasp.

"Care to try again?"

The second criminal suddenly made an attempt to dart out the room, only to meet a bullet to the knee from Y/n's gun.

Holstering the weapon once more, Y/n lessened his grip.

"Alright...alright..." the criminal gasped

"...you can find him at the fun-fair by the Docks," the criminal admitted in defeat, "You can...find it at night...Joker uses it as a front." The criminal chokes, "look for the...purple and green lights."

Satisfied, Y/n placed the barrel of his gun on the criminals chin before squeezing the trigger and blasting the wall with a red mess.

The headless corpse slid down the wall as Y/n turned to the crawling criminal on the floor.

Y/n stepped on the man's knee, earning a scream of pain before grabbing the man's collar and slamming him against the wall.

"You remained quiet..."

The criminal pleaded for his life, terror in hie voice.

"You shall be my warning..."

A slit appeared on the red helmet as he leaned above the pleading man.

Grabbing the man's face, the slit opened to reveal jagged teeth. A boiling, red liquid shot out of the mouth and landed on the criminals face, he screamed in horror and pain as his face slowly melted.

Eventually the man went limp, his head resting against the wall behind him.

Y/n quickly tore the clothes off the criminals torso before unsheathing his sword and plunging it into the man's body.

He carved a message.

I

AM

COMING

FOR

YOU

Finally, y/n retrieved the clown mask and laid it over the burned and melted face of the now-dead criminal.

Surveying the room, he concluded none were left before taking off and flying up into the sky.

---

Dark with a chill of the cold, the computers whirred within the damp cave, the bat-clad vigilante sitting before a giant screen that listed recent murders in Gotham.

"I'll never know how you're comfortable down here." The red and blue clad super commented.

"Complete opposite of the liberation of being amongst the clouds."

"Seeing as I can't fly, like at all." The bat commented, slightly irate.

Suddenly, a call came through and the visage of Gordon appeared on the screen.

"Our culprit?" The kryptonian asked.

"Afraid so. This time he hit a group at Lacey Towers."

A number of pictures appeared on the large batcomputer screen, all showing different elements of the crime scene.

Dead bodies, broken windows and doors, blood and security footage.

Gordon ran the pair of heroes through the various deaths and what he believed transpired before the black-clad billionaire called attention to the camera footage.

"Ah, these are of the cameras in the halls and lift of the building. It shows how our culprit gained entry."

Making the image larger, the picture of a woman walking beside a figure in a battle suit with a red helmet was displayed.

"The woman-?" The Man of Steel begun.

"Dr. Penelope Young, works at Arkham." The Batman finished.

"Yes, she claims that she entered with a normal looking man, fair build, (h/c) hair. She claims that when they entered her apartment he knocked her out and that when she woke, the murders had already happened. She has no idea who the being in these images are."

"You believe her?"

"Two of my officers corroborated her story, they saw Dr. Young with a man of a similar description earlier in the day."

A short silence filled the air before the Commisioner spoke once more.

"This crime does tell us our culprits target, though."

"It does?" Superman asked.

Gordon sent across an additional image that opened onto the screen of the batcomputer.

A man slumped backwards with a clown mask on, a carving in his chest-a warning.

"He also has a melted head under that mask."

The Batman came to the realisation and stood.

"Joker."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

41.6K 1.5K 10
In the world of Young Justice, Jason Todd was the second Robin after Dick Grayson. But Jason didn't last very long, dying in the line of duty. His de...
85.6K 1.8K 18
237K 6.4K 52
"Where's the other one?" the man wearing a black ninja-like outfit stated as he pointed to Damian. "The other what?" Both Damian and his father said...
36.5K 1.1K 10
❝WHEN HE LEFT, IT FELT AS IF A PIECE OF ME LEFT WITH HIM.❞ ❝DO YOU STILL FEEL ALONE?❞ ❝SOMETIMES, BUT THEN I THINK, HE NEVER DID LEAVE. I WOULD JUST...