sickening blame (on hold)

By --suw4

It was as if he was going insane. He doesn't know who he is anymore. Everything goes so bad no matter how har... More

star-struck.
it's you, it's me.
framed photo.
friend.
hide away.
saviours.
heartbroken.
confess.
talk to me.
you're jealous.
happy birthday.
once again.
promised.
sorry.
both liars.
burn.
i miss him.
changed.
for us, for bruno.
relieved.
visit.
cracks.

past.

1.4K 90 27
By --suw4

"9...10! Ready or not, here I come!!" a young glasses-wearing girl shouted as she ran around in the Casa Madrigal. She giggled, looking at each corner of the rooms and corridors. "Tio Bruno! Tio [Name]! Where are you?"

[Name] and Bruno went their separate ways and hide away from their niece. [Name] watched Mirabel from the top floor and let out a muffled laugh. He asked Dolores to cover her ears in a very low tone and let out his and Bruno's signature whistle.

Do, Mi~

Mi, Do~

Somewhere in the house, Bruno managed to immediately whistle back, earning Mirabel's attention. "Ohhh!! I'm gonna catch you now!!" She laughed as she ran towards the stairs leading to the second floor. The older couple laughed as they hurriedly move to their next location.

"Tio!! It's not fair if you keep moving around!" She pouted as she continued searching for the older males. [Name] chuckled lowly as he backed up slowly. Trying to not create any sound. As he did that, he had gotten bumped by someone behind him "Oh, Sorry about that- Oh, it's you...~"

"It's me~" the other man giggled. He had bumped into his now husband. [Name] had gotten completely distracted with Bruno. He smirked lightly and leaned down for a short sweet kiss on his lips. Then brought the smaller male a hug. "[Name], you're really lovesick," he commented. "Am not," the other tries to deny.

"I found you!!!" a high pitched voice exclaimed excitedly. The couple turned their head to the side and saw little Mirabel pointing at them with a big smile on her face. [Name] dramatically gasped. "Oh no! You found us!" he laughed and gently picked up Mirabel, letting her sit on his forearm. "Good job, Sobrina. You found us," Bruno added, feeling proud of her. "Yeah!! I found you guys!!" the little one cheered as she hugged [Name], making the said male chuckle.

"Ay, Mirabel. There you are," Julieta, who was coming up the stairs, sighed. Along with Agustin beside her. "Playing with your tios again?" Mirabel nodded along with a short enthusiastic hum. Her parents smiled. "Well, play time's over. You gotta bed. Tomorrow's a big day for you, Mi Vida. Come here, I'll put you to bed,"

"Oh, Julieta. It's fine. We can put her to bed. You should rest for the day. Agustin you too," [Name] immediately offered, flashing them a sweet smile. "Silly, don't you think you've been helping us too much? You should take a rest, [Name],"

"Oh, it's fine. Besides, I'm a part of the family Madrigal. That's what we do," Julieta pursed her lips and looked at her husband then back to [Name]. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Yes, don't worry about me. We'll get going now," he quickly says trying to avoid the topic of the conversation. He looked at Mirabel. "Let's get you to sleep," he softly says and Mirabel started to become sleepy and nods.

[Name] and Bruno was on their knees, right beside Mirabel's bed. Tucking the young girl into bed. "Goodnight, my little Sobrina. Sleep well," the [h/c] head whispered, stroking her hair curls. Mirabel's eyes fluttered closed, slowing drifting off to sleep. He softly smiled at the sight and let out a sigh. A hand squeezed his. Earning his attention. He looked to the side, seeing Bruno looking worriedly. "[Name]?"

"Hm? What's wrong?"

"Are you... Are you alright?"

"...Why the sudden question?"

"Well, you seemed troubled back there so I figured something's...wrong?" [Name] shook his head and grinned. Lightly squeezing his hand. "Nah, nothing's wrong. Don't worry," Bruno bit his lower lip and leaned against his lover. Letting out a short hum as a response. They sat in that position for a moment. Looking out the window. Enjoying the night atmosphere. "Hey, [Name]. This is random but what do you hate the most?"

"The smell of burning wood," Bruno raised a brow at [Name], making the said male nervously chuckle. "I-I uh. I know it's specifically weird. I mean me being a carpenter and all. There are times wood would burn from the cutting but... this is different," the shorter male gently caresses [Name]'s arm. "No, it's alright, Vida. I'm pretty sure there's a reason for it. May I ask what is it..?"

"Well, it's a pretty heartbreaking story from the past. For me- at least. That's why I don't really talk to you about...myself," he trailed off. "Oh. I'm sorry for bringing it up,"

"Oh, no, no. It's okay. I should start opening up myself to you more," he paused, fidgeting with the hem of his ruana that Bruno gave him. Bruno notices it and gently slid under [Name]'s arm. Intertwining his fingers with the others. He gave him a comforting look to which [Name] was appreciated of. Taking a deep breath, he started. "It's a short story actually. That night, I had an argument with my parents..."

"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE SUPPORTIVE OF WHAT I WANT TO DO?!" younger [Name] cried out. Tears uncontrollably fell as he tightly gripped onto the wooden horse that he spent hours on making.

The wooden horse that was gifted to his parents. He just wants to show them what he had created. Trying to make them happy. Even though he knows that he couldn't. He knows he couldn't at all. But with that little spark of hope he has, maybe. Just maybe. His parents would accept the thing he loves to do. That night just proves itself that they don't care.

"How dare you raise your voice at mother!"

"We just want what's best for you, [Name]!"

"You don't get it. You guys don't get it! You don't want what's best for me, you just want what's best for you! You don't care a single shit about... me...," his words trailed off. Running back to his room. Slamming and locking the door close. He plopped down to his bed. Crying his heart out. Why is it so hard for them to think and care about him?

The [h/c] head cried to sleep that night. Somewhere in the middle of sleeping, a couple of hours later, he got woken up by loud rustling in his room. His eyes slowly fluttered open. Blur covered his vision until he took a couple of blinks. A figure swiftly walked out of his room with a stack of something in its arm. One fell off, making a very similar sound of wood clanking. His eyes shifted to the box that held all of his woodworks projects. He gasped. Seeing horrible cuts and slashes across the cardboard box. It was split open. None of his projects was there. He panicked. Stumbling, he hurriedly got off his bed. Going after whoever took his beloved works.

"Wha- Dad? Dad!? What are you- What are you doing with my stuff!? How the hell did you even open my door?" [Name] shouted, chasing his father who's the one who came into his room. His father stayed silent and continued walking away from his son. [Name] called out to him again, following him out of their house. "Dad?? What's-"

The younger [L. Name] had his eyes wide open, in extreme shock. The sound of fire crackling reached his ears. The heat waves gently touched his skin. He hates it.

His works. Burning in a huge flame. Slowly turning from pure light brown to dark scorching black. Dark smoke emitting from it. The bright orange reflected off his watery eyes. He can't. He can't handle that heavy dread rising in his chest. [Name] let out a shaky breath.

His parents said something but he couldn't hear a single thing. The haunting sound of fire crackling grew louder. Drowning out any other noises. The smell from the toxic smoke filled his nostrils. It made his nose twitch. [Name] gagged. Covering his mouth, not wanting to vomit. He dropped down to the ground and tears fell onto the warm grass.-

"That's about it," the current [Name] shrugged. Not giving a care about that story. Though deep inside, he's still hurting. Bruno eyed him, speechless. Tightly squeezing his lover's arm. "[Name], I-...,"

"It's alright. You don't have to say anything," [Name] reassured him with a small smile. "It's in the past. There's nothing you can do about it. Why are you asking me this question anyway?" Bruno sighed softly and broke contact with [Name], looking out the window. "I was expecting a different answer... Like maybe you hate how the village people now criticise you because of...me," [Name] chuckled and shook his head. "Ay, Bruno. Those words mean absolutely nothing to me. So don't worry, Mariposa," he says as he planted a small kiss on Bruno's forehead. The said male smiled a little. The [h/c] head look up, out the window. His little smile fell.

"...Hey, promise me something?" Bruno hummed. "Don't- Don't leave me," The shorter male's face softened and straddled onto [Name]'s lap. Cupping his face. "Silly man. Didn't I promise that a long time ago?" he giggled and kissed him. [Name] smiled in the kiss. They both pulled away. Bruno looked over to Mirabel, the other followed after.

Bruno stammers. "A-also... Since you're good at kids and like playing with them... Do you want to have kids of our own..?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 257 14
CW: Alcohol abuse, suicide attempts, sh (yes, i know this is a kids movie, i'm sorry) [Probs rewriting] You had been a family friend of the madrigals...
68 9 4
It was a normal day. I was on a bus coming home from work and then, this cute guy sat next to me on the bus. That was supposed to be it. The end. Why...
23.2K 883 16
Upon returning to his family, Bruno Madrigal runs into serious problems: angry, scared townsfolk, involuntary visions, and nightmares. Just as things...
600K 10K 80
ratman and y/n oneshots fluff and smut but mainly smut because im out of control completed on the 14th of April 2022