Not your girl ( Fred Weasley...

By izzylizardlol

The instigator, the most troublesome and the chaotic Fred Weasley may be seen as a king at Hogwarts but as so... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 16

6.2K 139 86
By izzylizardlol

Fred's POV:

" you and y/n?" Angelina asks me as I stand with her while I wait to see George and Lee.

" huh? Oh yeah" I say as I realise what she said.

" that's adorable, you know I always wondered if yous would get together one day"

" really?" I ask intrigued, I love it when I'm the subject and I love it just as more when y/n is involved too.

" yeah, yous claimed to hate each other but I only ever saw yous speaking to each other" she says as she laughs.

" yeah, I guess I realised how much I like her attention" I admit.

" it's funny though, I remember you told me in first year you'd never go out with someone as bushy haired and specky as her" she says and my face heats red.

" yeah I did say that" I say ashamed.

" well I'm happy for yous, I assume you're taking her to the Yule Ball?" She asks.

" that's if she says yes" I say forgetting she doesn't know it's fake.

" why would she say no?" She asks.

" oh, I just meant because she's... unpredictable" I say and Angelina laughs.

I see someone who is in y/n's muggle studies class walk out and wonder if she's still inside because I've been standing nearby for ages and I don't think I would have missed her.

" see you around Angie" I say as I walk over to her class, I peek my head into the classroom to see her sitting there at her desk, her professor is talking to her and i eavesdrop.

" 91% is the lowest score you've got in my class y/l/n" they say.

Y/n sits there disappointed and the rest of the noise are mumbles and I can't hear what they're saying but I quickly move behind the door when I see y/n get up.

I chase her as she walks straight pass me oblivious to where I was standing.

" hey there" I say joining her side.

" hi" she says sadly.

" what's up with you?" I ask even though I already know.

" nothing" she responds.

" come on, talk to me" I say as she shuts me out.

" it's nothing, I have to go revise" she says as she jumps up into the common room.

" better get used to this" I grumble under my breath so she doesn't hear as I pile in with her.

" it's unhealthy to not talk about your feelings y/n" I say pulling her book away from her.

" I get you're trying to be nice but now's not the time Fred" she says seriously.

I do get the urge to walk away since it seems like it's what she wants but I think about how I'm trying to win her over and walking away when she's clearly sad won't be the best place to start.

" I'm going to regret this but- is it because you got 91%?" I ask as she looks at me with daggers for eyes.

" how do you know about that?"

" I overheard"

" on purpose?"

" no it was an accident, I was going to pick you up from your lesson" I lie to protect me.

She rolls her eyes at me, " 91% is good y/n" I tell her.

" it's not good enough!"

" 99% wouldn't be good enough for you" I tell her in all honesty.

" false, I draw my line at 97%" she says and I smile while shaking my head.

" you're too hard on yourself"

" leave, you're distracting me" she tells me.

I put my hand on top of hers and give it a reassuring stroke as I lean forwards and give her a peck on the forehead before getting up and walking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When it's dinner time I go back to the common room to see if y/n is done revising but when I walk in she's fell asleep on top of her homework sprawled out everywhere with her quill in her hand.

She looks peaceful sleeping and she's been working hard so I debate whether to wake her up or not. I scratch my head in deep thought wanting to make the right choice.

" please don't be moody" I say as I walk over to her, I gently poke her shoulder waiting for her to wake up.

" y/n" I whisper loud enough for her to hear.

" mm" I hear her say lightly.

I chuckle a little bit, " it's time for dinner" I tell her.

When she doesn't respond and remains with her eyes closed, I lean in closer, " y/n? Are you hungry?"

She shakes her head tiredly, " do you want to stay asleep?" I ask and she nods as her head remains in her arms which were used as her pillow.

" alright love, I'm going to take you to your dorm" I say as I scoop her light body weight up, she flops on to my chest as I carry her bridal style up to her dorm.

When we get there I place her down and put a blanket on her and she must be extremely tired because she doesn't open her eyes once, I'm not even sure if she knows it's me.

I watch her adjust herself as she gets more comfortable and continues sleeping.

" Y/n?" I ask in my normal voice, loud enough for her to hear if she was conscious, but she doesn't so I know she's completely dozed off.

I stroke a strand of her hair away from her face, " I really want to date you for real" I say out loud knowing she can't hear me before I walk away and close the door. I'll check up on her later once I've ate dinner myself.

The next day:
Fred's POV:

The following night I did in fact check up on y/n who was still happily sleeping once I had finished dinner so I didn't bother staying with her without her permission but I got a later from Mum this morning.

I go to y/n knowing she won't be at breakfast yet so I can show her the letter.

She opens the door the first time I knock it and I'm surprised.

" morning" I say, she's already dressed and is in the middle of brushing her hair when she lets me in, I spot her large glasses on her night stand.

" what are you doing here?" She asks nicely.

" just thought I'd say hi, also Mum sent a letter"

" where is it?" She says as she looks at my hands expecting me to have it.

" just said how she enjoyed being here, enjoyed meeting you and told us to take pictures at the Yule Ball" I say and y/n looks at me with realisation.

" oh yes the Ball! I forgot about that"

" are you going with me?" I ask to make sure.

" kinda have to, don't I?"

" don't sound too happy about it" I respond not liking her lack of enthusiasm.

She rolls her eyes but laughs, " that's okay, we can breakup afterwards, you can write it in a letter"

I step forwards to her before we get ready to leave, grabbing both of her hands in mine.

" what?" She asks at my profound face.

" I don't want to breakup with you"

She nervously laughs, " you know this whole thing is fake?"

" I do know that it was my idea" I remind her.

" then why would you want to continue it?" She asks.

" I think you know why" I say raising both her hands that are in mine up to my chest.

" Fred" Y/n says as she slowly shakes her head like she can't believe it.

" what?" I ask calmly, her keeping her hands with mine means something to me.

" I - I don't know what you're saying or suggesting" she says bashfully.

" what I'm saying is that I don't want to fake breakup with you, if that happens then people will expect us to stop being around each other because we're broken up and I don't want to stop being around you" I say honestly.

" we don't have to avoid each other, we'll say we decided to stay friends" she says like I'm silly.

" we could... or..." I go to say hoping she catches on and she does.

Her hands pull away from mine slowly.

" I'm not going to date you Fred" Y/n says, walking to her night stand, looking at what book she wants to bring with her today.

" okay... is that ever or?" I ask following her.

" what?" She says reading the back of a new untouched book.

" when you say you're not going to date me, do you mean never?" I ask and she looks at me like she's thinking about it.

Y/n gives me a coy smile before saying " no" which is all I need to hear.

" good" I say as I grin at her.

" shall we get going?" She asks about to get out the door.

" one second" I say.

I grab her glasses off her night stand and put them on her face for her, admiring her natural beauty.

" now we're ready to go" I say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.6K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
1.1K 104 9
❝freddie, focus on the letter. your grammar's atrocious.❞ ❝you know i can't focus when you sit so close to me.❞ arabella sayer is unusual. not quirky...
2K 146 71
Written in first person, this is story of a Ravenclaw, Mary, who falls in love with Fred Weasley. At first, it's perfect, but she learns that he has...
4.9K 97 33
June Potter is a girl unknown to the masses. A girl overpowered by the shadow of her older brother who was shrouded in the fame of being the Boy Who...