Chapter 16

Fred's POV:

" you and y/n?" Angelina asks me as I stand with her while I wait to see George and Lee.

" huh? Oh yeah" I say as I realise what she said.

" that's adorable, you know I always wondered if yous would get together one day"

" really?" I ask intrigued, I love it when I'm the subject and I love it just as more when y/n is involved too.

" yeah, yous claimed to hate each other but I only ever saw yous speaking to each other" she says as she laughs.

" yeah, I guess I realised how much I like her attention" I admit.

" it's funny though, I remember you told me in first year you'd never go out with someone as bushy haired and specky as her" she says and my face heats red.

" yeah I did say that" I say ashamed.

" well I'm happy for yous, I assume you're taking her to the Yule Ball?" She asks.

" that's if she says yes" I say forgetting she doesn't know it's fake.

" why would she say no?" She asks.

" oh, I just meant because she's... unpredictable" I say and Angelina laughs.

I see someone who is in y/n's muggle studies class walk out and wonder if she's still inside because I've been standing nearby for ages and I don't think I would have missed her.

" see you around Angie" I say as I walk over to her class, I peek my head into the classroom to see her sitting there at her desk, her professor is talking to her and i eavesdrop.

" 91% is the lowest score you've got in my class y/l/n" they say.

Y/n sits there disappointed and the rest of the noise are mumbles and I can't hear what they're saying but I quickly move behind the door when I see y/n get up.

I chase her as she walks straight pass me oblivious to where I was standing.

" hey there" I say joining her side.

" hi" she says sadly.

" what's up with you?" I ask even though I already know.

" nothing" she responds.

" come on, talk to me" I say as she shuts me out.

" it's nothing, I have to go revise" she says as she jumps up into the common room.

" better get used to this" I grumble under my breath so she doesn't hear as I pile in with her.

" it's unhealthy to not talk about your feelings y/n" I say pulling her book away from her.

" I get you're trying to be nice but now's not the time Fred" she says seriously.

I do get the urge to walk away since it seems like it's what she wants but I think about how I'm trying to win her over and walking away when she's clearly sad won't be the best place to start.

" I'm going to regret this but- is it because you got 91%?" I ask as she looks at me with daggers for eyes.

" how do you know about that?"

" I overheard"

" on purpose?"

" no it was an accident, I was going to pick you up from your lesson" I lie to protect me.

She rolls her eyes at me, " 91% is good y/n" I tell her.

" it's not good enough!"

" 99% wouldn't be good enough for you" I tell her in all honesty.