How hard could it be? • LM...

By allisonslover1

• BOOK ONE • "That makes me her best friend, not a fucking mind reader!" When a witch with terrible fashion s... More

Act I
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Act II
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Act III
Helpline numbers
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Announcement!
Act IV
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
SEQUEL

Chapter 9

1.7K 59 10
By allisonslover1

  "Ask me why my heart's
     inside my throat."

"You know we have to tell him the truth," Max rolled his eyes up to the ceiling, walking through the hallways. It was lunch already, the day after flying by. He didn't know how people got things done in twenty-for hours; he needed sixty just to think about starting the tasks!

"I did!" Jade exclaimed, shrugging as she tried to avoid the subject. God, since when had her brother became the one that always wanted to tell the truth? Since when did he grow a conscience.

Max shot her a glare, refusing to drop it. You told him he was hallucinating the 'purple wisps' and that Derek send the hunters packing."

"Well, he believed it didn't he!" she hissed, throwing her hands up in the air in exasperation. What more did he want from her?

Scott had woken the pair up an hour before school, demanding answers. She proceeded to spew him a buzzard- yet believable- story about how him and Derek were both wolves, but that she never sent a ball of fire at the hunters. She told him that he was hallucinating, a combination of the arrows that had been shot at him, as well as it being his first full moon.

"We've got to tell them soon, Jade. It'll be easier if him and Stiles know."

"You just want Stiles to know so you can show off your powers because you like him," Jade raised a brow in a matter of fact fashion.

Who cared if they were lying? It wasn't hurting anyone and it was for a good cause! Besides, everything just got awkward and complicated when they found out the truth. It was easier this way.

"I do not have a crush on Stiles!" Max hissed, his cheeks turning a light pink as he almost tripped over his own feet.

"Keep lying to yourself because you're not fooling anyone."

                                          ~

"You both ready?" Jade wrapped her red flannel closer to her body as she rocked backwards and forwards on the balls of her feet.

Max and her had decided to come down and watch the lacrosse practice, considering they had nothing better to do. They genuinely did want to watch, purely out of curiosity, but they also needed to keep an eye on Scott. Anything that made his pulse rise, like anger, would trigger his wolf side, and they knew lacrosse wouldn't exactly help that right now.

"Born ready," Stiles exhaled, rolling his shoulders back. He threw Max the spare lacrosse stick, before rushing onto the field and running laps with the rest of the team. "Mind this for Coach."

"McCall's gonna do it again! McCall's gonna do it again."

Scott crouched down and ran at Jackson, knocking him clean off his feet.

"Max?" Jade asked, concern lacing her tone as she raised a brow. Her cheeks were rosy from the cold nip in the air, the breeze strongly blowing despite the sun peeking out through some clouds. This was why she loved spring; it wasn't too cold, yet wasn't too hot either. It was just in the middle.

He dropped the lacrosse stick with a clatter, acting as if it had burnt him and recoiling away from the object. "Scott's gonna change on the field!" Max whispered in an urgent tone, trying to keep an eye on the match at the same time. "I saw it."

Panicked, they both glanced towards the field, but it was too late. Scott had knocked Jackson to the floor, the anger practically blinding her from his aura. You could definitely tell that he was a beta, even just from the way he had no control over his shift or his emotions.

They jumped from their seats on the bench, rushing towards the field in a hurry. Stiles grabbed his friend, wrapping Scott's arm over his shoulder. Max took his other arm, doing the same thing, while Jade ran in front, throwing doors open. They had knew it was a bad idea for him to play lacrosse when he was a newly bit beta. But did stubborn Scott ever listen? No. Maybe they should have pushed more though, insisted that he wasn't going to play.

They burst into the boys locker room, knowing that it would be empty with all the players on the field. "Sit down, Scott, okay?" Stiles said, lowering his best friend onto the floor and leaning him against a row of lockers.

"Get away from me!" he growled. He was now fully transformed; yellow eyes that signified he was a beta, his claws flicked out and fangs baring dangerously at them.

The trio stumbled away from the werewolf, Scott climbing his way up onto the wooden beams on the ceiling.

Jade pushed her brother and Stiles behind, an arm out to keep them there. She took small steps towards her cousin, but he growled at her, warning her not to come any closer. He genuinely looked like he was going to attack them- there was a glint in his eyes that showed he wasn't joking. He jumped off the beams, landing on the floor a few metres away from them.

Muttering an incantation, she shoved her hands forward, a trail of purple magic following them. Scott went flying into a nearby locker, holding his ribs in pain.

"Agua!" she sighed effortlessly. Water spilt over him as he gasped at the sudden coldness. It was like when you were having a panic attack or feeling overwhelmed, you were meant to hold some ice cubes or dunk your face into a bowl of ice water. It was supposed to regulate your nervous system and make your heart beat go back to normal. She let her hand drop to her side, the water slowing to a stop.

Silence consumed the room as he turned back to a human, the only sound being his heavy breathing and the final remaining trickles of water going down the drain. Well, keeping their powers a secret hadn't lasted long, huh? And she definitely couldn't use the excuse that he was hallucinating now, not when all of them had seen what happened.

"What the hell was that?" Stiles screeched, pointing an accusing finger at her as he scrambled out of the way.

"I know for sure I wasn't hallucinating that time," Scott grumbled, grabbing a towel and drying the dampness out of his hair.

"So you're a supernatural?" Stiles observed, more so a question that a statement, his arms folded in defiance. Scott looked curiously at his cousin, waiting for a reply. She looked at her brother for guidance, biting the inside of her cheek when he nodded.

She knew that there was no way that they could get out of this now. Curse Scott, and his urge to maim and kill everything in sight. Sighing, she turned back to the group. "Yup."

"So... what are you?" Stiles asked, a brow raised as he flopped onto a bench. He had thought she would elaborate when he asked the first question.

"I'm a witch," she answered shortly, annoyed that she had to give away even the slightest bit of her identity. It was her's, the part that no one could strip away from her.

"What can you do?" Scott asked. He couldn't deny that he was intrigued by the new information, intrigued to see what she could do.

"A lot, I guess. I can control the elements, energy manipulation, healing. There's a load of spells too but they're kind of a whole bunch of things together. And other stuff," she said, listing things off on her fingers vaguely.

She looked up, feeling slightly uncomfortable with how quiet it had gotten. Stiles was staring at her with his jaw hanging open, Scott's eyes were wide and Max was fidgeting with his rings, suddenly finding great interest in the bland colour of the ceiling.

"Oh, and telekinesis!" Max snapped his fingers, pointing at her.

"So are you like Scarlett Witch? And do you have a spell book?" Stiles asked, eyes lighting up with excitement. God, he always wanted to know what it would be like to live inside of one of his comics, and now it was happening in real life!

"Yes, I have a spell book. And I don't know. Kind of but not really," she responded, biting her lip as she thought about it. To be like Scarlett Witch would be really cool. Without the whole murderous part, of course.

Stiles spun on his heels, turning the interrogation over to Max. "What are you?"

"I'm a seer. And an empath," Max dug his hands into his pockets, shrugging casually.

"You can feel peoples emotions?" Scott asked, his eyes growing so wide that they looked like flying saucers. He hoped that was a joke. It would be okay if he could feel, maybe like sadness... or anger, just not... other emotions that teenagers felt.

"And you can see the future?" Stiles jumped in.

"Yes and yes."

Stiles looked around the room, a plan already forming in his head. He began to run full blown into a nearby locker, falling to the floor in agony.

Max grabbed his head in pain, gritting his teeth as he resisted the urge to slap Stiles across the face. He should have guessed something like that was coming; it was very in style for the boy. "You really had to test that one out, huh?"

"Yep."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Scott interrupted, feeling slightly hurt. Why hadn't they told him? Did they not trust him? Sure, Stiles sometimes had a big mouth, but the both of them wouldn't have said anything! Not about something this important!

"We just thought it would be easier for you all. You guys wouldn't have another thing added to your already full plate," Jade explained. She did feel guilty for not telling Scott, but the twins had just wanted to protect them. It meant there was no collateral damage weighing on their shoulders, something that they wouldn't have to worry about.

He understood, nodding. They were just trying to do the right thing.

"But you know now," Max added, trying to look on the bright side of the situation.

"You can't tell anyone. Do you hear me? No one," Jade sternly said, looking around. They all nodded, Max leading the way out of the locker room. There was no point in going back to practice now, not when it was nearly over anyway.

"This is so cool," Stiles grinned like a child, and they couldn't help but to grin along with him. It was like it was contagious, an excited energy making them hyper beyond control.

A weight had lifted off both of their shoulders, finally able to share the secret that they'd shamefully kept for years.

"Oh yeah, by the way, I forgot to tell you both, Allison's dad is a werewolf hunter. He was one of the hunters from last night," Scott said, trying to play the news off casually, but failing horribly.

"What!"

A/N

Again this is kinda a chapter that has sort of just one scene in it, but I wanted to go into depth about Jade and Max's powers! Also Max's first vision!

The 4 of them >>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 1.2K 88
Rayne Stilinkski is a 15 year old girl who's brother woke her up to look for a dead body with their friend. Suddenly her friend gets bit and then bec...
1.3M 42.2K 45
HOSTAGE [ BOOK TWO ] ✧ WARNING: SMUT Harper Verum's sophomore year had not turned out at all how she expected it to. In fact, everything changed last...
236K 6.6K 30
You never forget your first High School crush. Claire wished for nothing more than to forget everything about him and what happened between them. If...
1M 22.7K 98
"we'll figure this out 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳." x fem!reader season 1 - 6 highest: #3 in teenwolf : #1 in stilinski : #1 in...