Capable

By memberackan

[COMPLETE] [MATURE CONTENT] [MAFIA BOOK] Just like the astronomical event she's named after, Nova is one of... More

Introduction
warning and aesthetics
Playlist
1 - Super Nova
2 - The Assignment
3 - Coincidence
4 - The Video
5 - Almost
6 - Against My Will
7 - Winner Stays On
8 - Oh Hellz Yes
9 - Two Girls In A Pod
10 - Change of plans
11 - Two Against The World
12 - bleeding out
13 - Reunited
14 - Little Warrior
15 - The devil Wears Ball gowns
16 - Fixated
17 - A Turning Point
18 - Thump, Thump, Thump
19 - Piece Of The Puzzle
20 - The Morning After
21 - The Only Empty Seat
22 - Three From Three
23 - A bloody mess
Authors Note
24 - Book Worm
25 - Golden
26 - Do me
27 - A Cold Shower
29 - I'm driving
30 - Screaming
31 - Damian, where's Nova?
32 - just... stay alive
33 - sleepless nights
34 - A Tad Mad
35 - As Stubborn As Stubborn Can Be
36 - bored out of my mind
Authors Note
37 - Target Practice
38 - The first time
39 - His
Epilogue

28 - ignorant bliss

3.2K 114 8
By memberackan

Hey omg you know what would be awesome???

If everyone that saw this voted on the chapter ;)))

I'm smooth aren't I

I placed the black, jewelled dagger in my laced bra as my dress was too tight and short to wear a thigh holster without it showing.

It had been three days since Asher and I had made the plan to capture Arseny and tonight was the first time we would be going to the club to see if he shows up.

I had chosen a dress that I had only worn once a year ago so I knew it would be as tight as possible on me to catch Arseny's eye.

I wasn't wearing a wig but I had done my makeup very differently from what I usually do. I had done a black smokey eye to match the colour of my dress and put small black make-up jewels along the wing of each eye.

The rest of my makeup was quite natural and I had paired my long-sleeve dress with semi-opaque tights and black, narrow heels so I could use them to stab someone if I needed to.

I had my dagger but if something happened, I wanted a back-up especially because I wouldn't have a gun on me.

I'm pretty sure Damians been avoiding me these past two days because I had only seen him once and as soon as he noticed my existence, he walked out the room.

I'd also got to call Daisy yesterday. At first, I wasn't going to fill her in on what had happened between me and Damian because they were siblings and I didn't want to be responsible for getting in-between the two of them.

However there was so much going through my mind. I was confused and upset and Daisy knows Damian a lot better than I did so I thought she would know why Damian hated me like it was clear he did now.

So I made Daisy promise to remain mutual between the two of us if I told her what had happened and she reluctantly agreed.

It felt good to say what I had been thinking over the past two days and it was even better to hear Daisy thought what Damian did was dickish as well which meant I wasn't going going crazy.

I looked at myself if the mirror before I heard a knock at the door and Ashers voice "Hey, commet, we're all downstairs waiting, let's go."

"Okay coming now, no need to get your panties in a twist."

I didn't hear a responce but I assume he had rolled his eyes as he walked off.

I readjusted my hair in the mirror before I walked to the door and opened it, closing it shut behind me on my way out.

I made my way down the hall and toward the stairs that led to the front door.

I reached the top of the stairs to see a group of ten guys and Asher were waiting at the bottom, waiting for me I presume.

I caught Ashers eye and smiled at him as I made my way down the stairs but as I got half way down and looked down briefly to check my footing, Damian had walked to Asher with his head down at some papers he held in his hand.

He was talking to Asher and hadn't even noticed I was walking down the stairs but by the time I had gotten to the last steps, the other guys all had there eyes on me.

A few of them whistled and clapped whilst another that I recognised, came forward to take my hand and spin me around to display myself for the guys.

I rolled my eyes and laughed at their games as did they but my laughter stopped when I turned to see Damian staring intensely at me.

It was the kind of stare that either said 'you look so good I don't have words' or 'I want to kill your ugly ass face you skank-bitch' and honestly, I'm not sure which would I would rather.

"This is gonna be so fun, you're gonna beat him up so bad, his face is gonna be smashed in and bloody and bruised and theres gonna be brains everywhere and-"

"Yeah, dude, we get it, she's gonna beat him up."

I chuckled at the guy who obviously liked a good fight before turning back to see Damian who still had his eyes on me.

His jaw was clenched and he was gripping the paper that he still held, a lot tighter from before.

Why was he so angry about seeing me?

I must of looked like an idiot simply standing there like a dear in the headlights as he looked at me from top to bottom whilst the other guys were talking between themselves.

"Let's go."

Asher commanded us to walk to the cars and the guys all checked to make sure they had their guns before stepping outside.

I followed but as I stepped out the door I heard a deep voice, his voice tell Asher something in a somewhat hushed voice.

"I'm coming."

I could still feel his eyes on me so I continued walking until I got the black car where the guy who was rooting for me to make someone bleed tonight, opened the door.

"I'm Cole by the way, I've seen you around, always thought we'd get on well seeing as... you know... you can make a grown man cry and I think it's funny."

I smirked but all I said in response was my name.

"Nova."

I ducked the roof of the car as I slid in the front passenger seat.

Cole sat in the back and five minutes went by before Asher came out of the front door with Damian by his side.

I heard the drivers car door and turned, expecting to see Asher but to my surprise, Damian climbed in and started the engine as Asher opened the door and got into the back seat next to Cole.

He looked at the road in front of him with intensity like he didn't want to be here, his hands were gripped firmly on the wheel.

I stopped glancing over at him and decided to pay more attention to outside my window, watching the dark buildings and people which were lit by street lights, go by.

I found it peaceful to look at others, people that lived a 'normal' life. The life in which you can go out to the shops to buy milk without having to take a gun with you or go to school where the only problems you have are rumours.

They were all so clueless about the monsters that walk among them it was like they had a bubble of ignorance covering them and following where ever they went.

Even the police weren't completely on their sides. They were normally bought of by people like Damian so we could do and kill what ever and who ever we wanted.

And yet no matter how many times I told myself it would be horrible to live in a world where you were clueless of the horrors of which you were sheltered of, I still felt somewhat jealous of the people who live in ignorant bliss.

I turned my head to the wind shield to see a pink light had consumed the glass. It was the light of the neon sign which stood above the nightclubs entrance, big enough for everyone in a 5 mile radius to see.

"Okay, Nova you're going to go in and watch to see if he comes in. Keep a low profile in case someone recognises you and if you find him say 'fire ablaze' into this microphone you'll be wearing."

Asher handed me a small microphone as he gave me the instructions and I pinned it to the inside of my dress so they would be able to hear me clearly before he continued.

"If he comes in, lure him out and we'll come to take him."

I give him a glare to give him a chance to correct himself which he did once he realised his mistake.

"Sorry, you will beat him up and capture him. We'll just carry him into the car."

"I could always drag his sorry ass." I muttered under my breath so Asher didn't hear but I think Damian did as he chuckled a little before stopping suddenly once he had realised what he did.

I took a deep breath before opening the car door and stepping out then I made my way towards the club entrance.

Ciao, I think I have about one more language to say hello in before I run out, I was always pretty shite at language

and yes I know thats not how you spell shit but I meant it as like shite you know where you pronounce the I and in I am and not I like an e if that makes any sense at all

but anyways I just wanted to say that I'm from England and this is obviously based in America so if I get words like 'color' wrong its because we spell it as colour and also you guys say trunk and we say boot.

Theres like a million more but I can't be asked to say more so yeah hope you enjoyed the chapter.

oh and this is Nova's dress :

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 189 12
Amina is 23 years old and just ended the college for nursery and has been working at a small hospital at big New York for 2 months. Her dad is a doct...
19.8M 915K 70
Nova can't escape the rich town of Riverside, where a tragedy follows her every step, but she can work to uncover who's been lying to her all these y...
1.1M 26.2K 25
Elena Russo has never lived a normal life like most. To her normal was having a constant bodyguard and not being able to indulge much on life at home...
18.1K 359 39
He opens his mouth,"Once that blade cut open my wrist,I knew that there was no coming back from it." The man known as Nicola Castello says in front o...