paper bag // little nightmares

By vestiree

(name) found themselves in a strange forest, alone, at the beginning of it all. with no memories to recollect... More

- a/n
- lost and found
- the boy
- chase
- pale city's school
- adventures alone
- together again
- the doctor
- we'll meet again
small ch. 13 !?

- the thin man

224 3 1
By vestiree

     i groaned, opening my eyes.

the weight of a literal couch was on me, and i could feel pain on the lower part of my body as my head hung low.

my arm and my head were still intact, unfortunately.

clank

mono.

"help." i rasped out, holding out my hand. mono rushed towards me and pulled.

thud

that hurt.

i sat up, putting an arm over my stomach. mono had already found our way out, possibly.

i boosted him up with not enough power as before, but he still made it.

i followed him into the abandoned house, the atmosphere darkening. we went inside a room with drawings of a tall dark man. 

the room was dirty and messy, and there was nothing useful to help or benefit us.

i waited outside the room for mono, since he was convinced i was still hurt from being crushed from the couch that was literally on me.

hell, it almost broke one of my bones. 

mono took his sweet time, until i heard the static growing louder.

this again?

i sighed heavily, going into the room mono went in.

ZZZZZZZ

and like last time, i pulled him from the television. but this time, it didn't shut off.

the static blared.

"what?"

and i saw him.

the thin man.

the one that took my last friend away.

approaching us from the tv.

"mono!"

i moved back as hands appeared on the tv. 

mono stood up, almost putting his own hand on the screen before bits of white dust went into the tv.

mono was holding his own head, probably hurt.

probably just dead weight on me.

i decided to save myself before the monster would get me, running out of the room. 

time seemed to slow down when the thin man was around. 

i hid under the table in what seemed like a child's room, hidden in the toys.

i saw mono hiding under the bed. 

zzzz......

i looked up.

..

the thin man was staring at me, still as a statue. i took the risk and tried to hide under the bed with mono so he couldn't reach me.

trip!

thud

shit. shit, shit shit. 

i tripped over a damn toy box.

i looked up at mono, knowing my impending doom was coming for me.

but i still wanted to live.

i reached out for him, but he just sat there, covering his head with that paper bag of his.

....

that was it. 

he already got me.

mono's pov :(

i covered my ears, hearing the scream of my own friend. 

i looked up just to see a shadow; a soul left behind by them.

the figure sat up, kneeling on the ground. 

i couldn't just get the soul. 

i knew them.

and i know i have to get them back.

the shadow faded, and i went back to the room with the tv, tuning it again. 

instead of the door with the eye, i was falling down and down into the place. i almost fell on an eye looking at me.

i shrieked, being pulled back out. 

i fell down, landing on a mat. 

shit.

i cursed, climbing a bookshelf and onto the chair on top of it.

i climbed up the floorboards, televisions all around.

i ran towards it, trying my luck. 

zzzz

i went in and out; almost like using the tvs as a transport.

i landed probably outside the room out of a tv hanging on a rope. 

if i could use tvs as a form of transportation, i could..

i spun the lever, putting the tv to the other end. i went back inside, bursting the door down and pressing on the television.

i fell on the roof, and immediately went to climb the ladder.

long story short, i've had to do parkour to get across. 

eventually i made it, but i still don't know how to get to (name) if the tvs don't work as a key to the door anymore.

i climbed down the ladder, and i was in another abandoned environment with a tv shut off on the bottom floor. 

i turned it on with the remote, pressing on it to figure out where i go now.

i fell on the ground, and i was on the other side. i wasted no time, using more tvs to get across. i went into a room, and there was a female human staring at static on a tv.

i pulled out the remote i had kept earlier, and switched the tv off.

the woman had growled, running off. she must've heard the static from the other tv outside.

i switched the tv open again and went through it. i fell down onto the roof from the tv which the woman was watching, and that was when i finally saw one of their faces.

it wasn't human- it was deformed. 

i mean, completely no facial features and a bent head. 

what happened to the people here? 

i went up, finding another person- viewer, looking at the tv. i switched the tv off, turning on the one on the other side. 

the viewer growled, immediately going to the tv- but he fell.

i turned the tv back on, and went through it.

i had almost fell, the tv screen bursting. it was broken.

i pulled myself up, and went through another course.

eventually i was in a place where a bunch of people were standing on the edges of the floor. they were standing in front of the signal tower.

now that i look at it, it looks much more familiar.

thud

what the hell?

the people started committing suicide, apparently, when i barely came near them.

what the hell is going on with this place?

[ small time skip, dont wanna write shit that actually wont benefit the readers cause its all just gonna be some boring ass parkour and turning on tvs. ]

i jumped down, falling onto a pile of mess that at least softened my fall. i went into the next room, and there was an elevator with a tv inside it.

if you think it would've been that easy, you are pretty mistaken.

i had almost betted that (name) would come by and boost me up to that lever, but apparently a lot was much more harder now that they're gone.

i pulled the briefcase below the lever, jumped on it and pulled the lever. 

i fit inside the gate, and pressed on the tv. i came back upstairs, so i went back into the tv.

i was back in the elevator, of course, and i jumped on the tv to pull the lever.

the elevator's music played, mechanical creaking and groaning were heard as i was being elevated to wherever it would stop. there was nowhere to go since the gate didn't even crack open when it went back upstairs.

i pulled the lever again and used the tv. i jumped on the top of the elevator with it going down. 

i jumped off when it came to the middle level, standing up.

i pulled the box covering the hole to get to the other side, crawling to it. 

it was a bathroom, full of water and electricity.

damn, not even a 'wet floor' sign around here?

i jumped off the toilet into the bath, which made a noticeable small noise that attracted the viewer. i could hear it growling before dying to electricity and wet floor at the same time the light went off.

i went into the room, and the tv was broken.

i pulled the stool over to the closed door, pulled on it, and fell in a garbage pile. 

there were viewers down here; audibly growling as they stared at an open tv in the alley while it was raining.

i made my way across and found another television i could use in a small shop.

i pressed on the tv, falling through as i was now in yet another bathroom with no bath included at all.

i jumped on the tv again and jumped over a windowsill.

okay, more viewers. but now, they were staring straight where i was supposed to go and i bet there were more under me.

i jumped down on the ground; luckily they didn't see me.

i opened a television in a shop, going straight to hide in the shadows. the tv in front of them shut off, so they went to the next thing. 

the viewers were this close to bursting down that fence, so i immediately went and opened the tv, going through it before any of them could lay their hands on me. 

i had went back out to the shop which was luckily locked down, so i could roam for a while.

the viewers groaned, hitting the windows. maybe because i may or may not have broken their tv. suddenly, the glass broke as i was pressing on a tv.

luckily, i went through and away with them. unluckily, i had to suffer a chase from them before i could go through.

i went through another hole in the wall, and i still couldn't find (name). they would probably hide somewhere here, right?

i thought. 

i saw a door, similar to when we first met. i couldn't reach it, but i could break it.

suddenly, there was a figure popping up on thescreen of a tv.

i went closer, and there they were.

"(name)!" i exclaimed, rushing to the tv screen. their voice was inaudible, but their hands were on the screen.

i used my new tv powers - apparently - and struggled to pull them through back here.

i grunted, almost getting them fully out. "mono. run." (name) spoke, a screech coming from none other than the thin man.

i had gotten them out, but was back in the grasps of the thin man. 

i fell on the ground with a thud, looking up.

(name) shrieked, being pulled back inside the tv. i started running after seeing the hands on the screen. 

an axe dropped on the floor as the thin man came out of the screen. 

i wasted no time and started hitting the door.

CRASH

that was easy.

i dropped the axe as the thin man seemed to stare at me as i climbed to the hole in the wall. 

i hid under the floorboards, the thin man still chasing for me.

he had almost seen me when he looked in the broken planks.

i had to do one thing; free (name) and get the hell out of here.

and i was determined to do so.

i dropped down from the hole, pulling the stool to get to the boarded-off window as the tall figure of the thin man approached me from the end of the hallway. 

i pulled off the plank; the thin man almost grabbing me as i dived off the roof. i pulled myself up on a train, still running from the thin man.

how does he know where i go?

i sprinted faster, if that was possible, and pulled the lever. 

the train was separated before the thin man could catch me. 

haha, suck on tha-

CRASH

BANG

THUD

ow. 

i groaned, holding my back which was hurt from the impact of getting thrown into the metal surface and off the train completely.

i stood up, seeing a mere shadow of (name) on the tracks in front of me. they were fading in and out whenever i got close with them.

there would be a shadow where they would try to balance on the tracks, but fail miserably.

the shadow faded away and it sat on the stair, waiting. probably not for me. 

i grunted, pulling myself up the stairs, it disappeared again, now in front of a ladder.

it disappeared again, so i climbed up.

i pulled myself up, the vent creaking as rain water poured into the vent. i grunted, walking forward.

but i stopped, feeling like something bad would happen. 

the lights flickered, and there was the thin man right in front of me.

i fell to my knees.

it already hurts. 

you've taken (name) from me. what else do you want?

i set my paper bag down, completely giving up.

as the heavy footsteps of the thin man came close, i..

not yet!

i stood up, determined to end this once and for all and find (name).

i held out my hand, some.. dark form of my powers attacking the thin man.

i grunted, falling back. my back hurts already, damn.

i stood up once again, attacking the thin man. 

i groaned, falling back again.

it was like some sort of.. setback that prevented me from erasing the thin man. 

as i stood up, the thin man did too.

the thin man was weak at this point, so i used my powers against him one last time.

after all that, he's still standing; or, well, kneeling.

i couldn't stand up anymore. 

i laid on the ground, watching the thin man struggle to at least stand up.

his body cracked, and he fell to the ground; turning into dust.

after a moment, i stood up.

there was only one thing left to do now.

.

.

.

 i screamed, feeling a hand wrapped around my torso.

the thin man caught me.

for the record, i don't blame mono for not coming out, i understood his fear.

but there was no time forgiving mono, i was being carried away by the thin man.

i grunted, slamming my fists onto the thin man's hand. he can't keep me forever.

i kept struggling and yelling when i could, and i could tell the thin man was becoming irritated.

"shut up." the thin man bellowed; his voice awfully similar to mono's. i looked up, glaring at the thin man as we entered some sort of.. dimension full of eyes staring at me.

i was put in a cage with a chair inside; like one of the rooms from the school mono and i went to. well, not really a school, but, y'know...

i was left alone in the cage, but i couldn't squeeze through the bars because it was small; like it was designed specifically for me. and there was a lock.

the thin guy wasn't too stupid, but he has to have left something in here, so i began looking around.

there was nothing else other than a tv and a chair, unfortunately the tv was shut off and there was no remote here whatsoever.

i was wondering why thin guy here hadn't killed me like, immediately when he caught me. what does he want, if not my death then?

eventually, i found a paper clip around the chair. i picked it up, then i knew what i could do with it.

i gently set the padlock down on the ground; the gate creaking as i slid out of the cage.

i started sprinting wherever the heck i'm sprinting towards; the eyes following my every move with obvious interest as it does.

i heard the loud roar of an angry thin man, but i kept running.

the creepy sounds and flesh.. merging together as one made a really horrifying noise.

i almost wanted to go back to the room full of nothing but a chair in the middle.

large footsteps invaded my privacy. but that's when it hit me-

why is the thin man so desperate to catch me?

it's like he wants to have his exact revenge on me.

glancing behind would be a risk, but the empty hallway was still long. i can't possibly bump into anything and trip again.

the loud roars of the enraged thin man faded away, as well as his form when i swiftly turned around the corner.

i hid behind a pile of flesh on the floor, controlling my breathing.

the thin man was at an intersection; looking to my side first.

and that's when i saw his face.

okay, that was absolutely disgusting.

-1/10, never doing again.

his face was literally deformed! how did he even survive down here?

the only thing similar with this.. dimension that the thin man brought me to was the television.

wait, mono has some sort of connection with the tvs there. maybe he can get me out.

i ran past the televisions from before because, well, thin man. so i went out to look for more in my path. the thin man went the other way, silent as a mouse.

wasting no time, i sprinted further away from him.

i knew that it was a large risk to take since the thin man's hearing is apparently good that he heard the pitter-patter of my own footsteps while i put my hands on the television.

i could see the outside; but that was only when i clicked the remote. that was when i spotted a child.. with a paper bag.

"mono!" i rasped out with my dehydrated as shit voice, slamming my hands on the television while i could hear the thin man's footsteps pounding against the floor.

mono was pulling me out somehow, and i got out.

only for a split second, though.

after all, he was just a child.

SCREEECH

"mono, run!" i shouted, being pulled back into the screen with a shriek.

the tv was left open, and i was thrown to the ground.

the large, thin figure of the quite literally thin man went through the screen, presumably to chase mono.

i swiftly went back on my feet; turning around and sprinting to find a new way out of here.

one thing i've learned this entire journey is to never, ever, risk your own life for another's.

you'll just end up delaying their death, your sacrifice rendered useless. and even if they survived, you don't.

it was almost like it was kill or be killed in this world.

so i've got one choice to make; right, or left?

obviously, i chose the right path. not the right right path, but the right path.

and that right path was actually, well, surprise, wrong.

i groaned, the static in my head growing louder and louder. i couldn't even run back, since something was like.. corrupting my body.

it was turning me into something else other than a human. a monster.

falling onto the floor, i could see a purple glow above. somehow, it seemed to have noticed my pain, but it was doing nothing about it.

not like ceilings could even move by themselves in the first place.

i crawled forward, entering another room. the room was practically blessed by the purple glow from above, and there it was—

my music box.

there were toys all around the room, something you'd see in a child's room.

but there was another.

a child?

i crawled closer to get a better sight of it. but it was futile with my now-hazy vision.

it didn't have a paper bag on, so mono's crossed out. no red poncho around their body, so not him.

who could it be?

my train of thought came to a halt when the child was in a defensive stance, almost like they were cautious of me.

i slowly looked down on my hands, the walls practically moving in my vision.

they were.. long.

what happened to me?

wasn't i just.. a normal child moments ago?

my hair already grew long. i was surprised at how fast it grew. it was covering up my face unless i looked up.

i glanced at the small child in front of me, but that was when i realized i wasn't humane anymore.

it didn't take long before i realized that i was a fallen victim.

a monster.

one that the thin man had already turned.

and this was the result.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 117 20
In a whole tire different AU It had all started with a curse that had cast children that who had lived terrifying lives, that they could grow up to b...
98.2K 2.1K 31
This world is scary, but with friends things are easier to do. Maybe even having fun! Who knows what will happen? Maybe even having someone who is mo...
2.1K 72 16
Mono wanted to be free, oh how bad he wanted to be free. He had been in that chair for almost 2 years now. Mono could only think of vengeance, until...
65K 1.7K 20
I've had this idea for awhile and I finally decided to write it <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> "This story is about a person named y/n just...