Sun/Moon x reader

By Juankandus

The reader is going to be kept as gender neutral as possible Still working on this cuz I made this on a whim... More

Info Sheet
Chapter 1: New Job
Chapter 2: New Employee
Chapter 3: Welcome to the Daycare, y/n
Chapter 4: Getting To Know The Place
Valentines Day Special
Chapter 6: Learning The ropes
Chapter 7: THEIF!
Chapter 8: Drama
Chapter 9: What a Surprise
Chapter 10: Stuck Between Two
Chapter 11: Who Will It Be?
Chapter 12 (1/3): With Sun
Chapter 12 (2/3): With Moon
Chapter 12 (3/3): An Eclipse
Chapter 13: I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me
Chapter 14 (Part 1): Loud Whispers
Chapter 14 (Part 2): Loud Whispers
Chapter 15: A Performance
Chapter 16: No breaks
Art And Quick Update
Chapter 17: The Aftermath
Chapter 18: Strange Dreams
Chapter 19: New People New Foes
Chapter 20: A Normal Day, Right?
Chapter 21: Hallucinations
Chapter 22: Slumber Party (Part 1)
Chapter 22: Slumber Part (Part 2)
Chapter 23: Slumber Party (Part 3)
Announcement
Chapter 24: Missing Child(ren)
Chapter 25: Painful Information
Chapter 26: Healing
Q&A With Characters
Chapter 27: Chaos, Utter Chaos
Chapter 28: As The Storm Clears
Q&A With Characters: Part 2
Chapter 29: Collecting Your Bearings
Chapter 30: What A Day
Chapter 31: Confusion
Chapter 32: The Lockdown Continues
Chapter 33: Back To Schedule
Chapter 34: Paintings and More
Chapter 35: Daycare Shenanigans
Chapter 36: Another World
Chapter 37: News
Chapter 38: Twists and Knots
Chapter 39: Complicated Friend-Enemies
Chapter 40: Getting Ready
Chapter 41: What A Day
Season 2 Trailer
Head Canons And Concepts
I'm Not dead (Yet)
S2 Chapter 1: Surprise After Surprise
S2 Chapter 2: "Y/n, long time no see"
S2 Chapter 3:New Faces And Old Faces
S2 Chapter 4: Surprise Guest
S2 Chapter 5: Promises
S2 Chapter 6: Fun Games With A Distant Family
S2 Chapter Chapter 7: Dumb Ideas
Late Schedule
๐ŸŽƒHalloween Special!๐ŸŽƒ
S2 Chapter 8: Confusion
S2 Chapter 9: Ideas Or Schemes?
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ„!Christmas Special!๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ
Rotating Masks
AU Chapter: Super Ordinary
What's This? Not A Chapter?! Ew
S2 Chapter 10: New Changes
S2 Chapter 11: "Saved? More Like Under New Management"
S2 Chapter 12 (Part 1): Staying With Sun
S2 Chapter 12 (Part 2): Moon's Melody
AU Chapter: Centuries Of Light (2)
Au Chapter: Centuries Of Light
Chapter Au: Centuries Of Light (3)

Chapter 5: Y/n?

4.7K 141 166
By Juankandus

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

(POV y/n)
Last Chapter:
"Well I have to go clean the Daycare up for the children when they wake up. Have fun you two" Sun said as he waved goodbye.
And with that, Sun closed the doors and I was left alone with Moon and a roomful of cranky children.
'This was not in the job discerption' I groaned internally.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I turned to Moon who was already tucking some children in.
"How does this usually go?" I asked.
"With some kids crying about not wanting to go to sleep, and some kids going out like a lightbulb. Those are the ones I tuck in first" Moon replied.
I looked around and saw some kids already asleep so I went over to pull the sleeping bag closer to them. As I got up I felt a hand grab my ankle which made me flinch slightly, I looked down to see a kid holding my ankle on the verge of tears. I gave a quick sigh of relief before bending down and sitting on the floor next to the kid. Once I sat down two other kids moved their sleeping bags closer to me, The kid from earlier and the others laid their heads on my lap and I froze. 'Wait what do I do???' I panicked. I looked for Moon but he was no where to be seen. I looked back at the kids and started rubbing their heads hoping it would make them go to sleep faster. It didn't take long before two of the three kids fell asleep. I gently laid them down but one kid was still awake. I picked the last kid up and held them in my arms, swaying slightly. I felt the kid go limp from sleep. 
"Uuh... how do I put this kid back down without waking them up?" I whispered to myself.

I felt a pair of hands touch my shoulder before making their way in front of me and taking the sleeping kid from my grasp. Moon put the kid in their sleeping bag without waking the kid up.
"I've been doing this for a while now, I got the hang of it. I'm sure you will too" Moon whispered.

Once we made sure all the kids were asleep we went to a desk by the entrance. Moon pulled up a chair for me.  When I sat at the desk I noticed the Sun and Moon figurines. on the desk, a small lamp that made star shaped lighting on the ceiling. There were extra blankets, pillows, sleeping bags, and stuffed animals underneath the desk (Only the Glamrocks and of Sun and Moon).

"You going to tell me more about the story from earlier?" I asked looking up after inspecting the desk.
"Hmm... Depends" Moon replied.
"Depends?"
"Depends if I get something out of it~" Moon said as he leaned slightly closer to me, he seemed like he was up to something.
I decided to match his energy. I rolled my eyes and mentally sighed. 'Might as well match his energy'
"Well what do you want? Hm?" I replied back with the same vibe.
"Hmmm..." Moon thought for a moment.

Moon opened his mouth but the doors were opened, cutting him off.
"Kill joy" Moon mumbled upon seeing Sun at the door.

Sun peeked his head inside and scanned the room. Most likely getting used to the sudden light change. He spotted me and Moon and quickly walked over. Maybe it was the dim lighting but Sun seemed a bit mad. Once he got over to the small desk Moon and I were sitting at and leaned against it slightly. 

"Sorry Moony but can I borrow y/n? You two doesn't seem like you're doing anything" Sun said.
"Moony?" I turned to Moon with a confused look. 
"Tch... Its a nickname Sunny repeatedly insist on calling me" Moon grumbled out, he seemed embarrassed by the nickname.
I looked over to Sun who was smirking.
"Right well I need y/n for... Manager stuff. It was in their job description that they need to help restock snacks, make sure any lost toys are put in the Lost-And-Found bin, and other manager duties" Sun said giddily. 
"Whatever... You can have them" Moon hissed out. 
I got up but was briefly stopped by Moon grabbing my hand gently.
"But y/n, before you go" Moon began.
"Hm?" I hummed out.

"The 'depends' offer is still out there if you want to take the chance~☆" Moon mentioned with a mischievous tone.  
My face turned a light shade of pink, thankfully unsaleable due to the dark lighting, my nervous laugh was less concealable. 
'I'll think about it" I smiled softly. 

Moon let go of my hand and my other hand was soon taken by Sun's. We exited the Nursery quietly, waving at Moon goodbye before we left.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

Sun and I made it to the daycare where I quickly got to work. Nap time lasted from 3pm until 4:20pm. Sun already cleaned up the craft section so I had to restock and get the snacks ready, find any missing toys in the play structures and ball pit, and get rollcall on the computer ready. I got started on the restocking snacks under the security desk. From what Sun told me I had to go to the back of the kitchen and look for a box labeled "Daycare Snacks".
"Since it's your first day I'll help out with the lost toys business. Plus I fully expect you to get lost on your way there" Sun commented cheerfully.
 "Wouldn't it help me more if you got the snacks and I did the rest?" I asked.
"Don't want to go too easy, you have to get used to the halls one way or another" Sun answered.
'oh how nice of you' I thought. 

With a heavy heart and heavy legs I walked up the stairs to exit the daycare once again and headed to the kitchen. Half way through walking aimlessly through the halls I realized I was lost. The rare map or two I found on the wall was outdated and told me nothing.
"A useful map would be nice" I grumbled.
Hands grabbed my shoulders and spun me around. I let our a surprised gasp and saw someone with an all white attire, a fanny pack, a strange hat, and an "i" on the front of their shirt was holding me.
"Did you say map?" They asked as they took out a piece of paper from their fanny pack. "Please, take this free map!" They said whilst shoving the map in my face.

I shakily took the map and they left. I was once left alone in the empty hallway wondering what if what I experience was real, the only proof that the interaction happened was the free map I acquired. I opened the map and found the cafeteria on it. 'Now to figure out where I am' I thought. I wasn't as far from the kitchen as I thought. I few turns here and there and I found my way to the kitchen. I pocketed  the map and started looking for the box. As I searched my thoughts wandered.

'My co-workers seem really strange. At least they make the job a bit more interesting. I wish they didn't push and pull me around like their little toy though...' 

I searched high and low, 'where could it be?'

"Looking for this?" A mysterious voice said.
I turned around and saw a lady with a short brown hair parted down the middle, skinny build, wearing a chef's uniform holding the Daycare snack box.
"Oh! Yes actually!" I said with a sigh of relief while reaching out for the box.
"That's it? No thank you or please?" The lady said with a huff.
I paused.
"Huh? Oh sorry I was just-" I was cut off.
"Seriously what is up with people? I do something nice and I don't get a thank you? Do you think about yourself first before others?" She asked repeatedly. 
"I-I was- it's because.. I really was" I stuttered, the sudden rage from this unknown person threw me off.
"And here I thought I was doing a nice deed for a seemingly nice newbie. I'm hurt!" She kept blabbering on.
'Well if you'd let me explain! geez a bit self centered much?' I thought angrily.
I reached for the box before the lady put a hand on my chest to stop me, raising the box away from my hands.
"Hey- I really need that!" I yelled out "Pl-...Please?" I asked nicely, almost reaching the box.
The lady let go of me and threw the box at me.
"Oof-" 
"See? Having some manners doesn't hurt anyone. You knew workers are treating veteran employees like me like trash!" She huffed out. "get out of my kitchen"

I practically ran out of the kitchen before she could push me around anymore.  'What was her deal? She didn't even let me finish my sentences' I  thought. I once I was a good distance away I paused to catch my breath. I was so made I could barely hold my tears. I took out the map and started searching for my way back. 'Me, me, me! Geez why did that person have to act like such a self centered bitch?' I mocked her internally 'I wasn't bothering her!'. The more I thought about the interaction the more the tears flowed. 

I found my way out of the employee halls, those eerily light halls that made me feel like I was being watched. It was a completely different world in there when you compare it to the brightly lit mall.

I did my best to wipe my tears and after making my way to the Daycare doors I stood there for a bit. Trying to calm down. I was mad at myself for not speaking up, mad at that random lady who I knew nothing about. I took a deep breathe and opened the doors.

"Y/n?" I heard someone call my name.

..••°°°°••.. A/N ..••°°°°••..

Whoa this was long. I uh... don't know how to write an unlikable character so I'm basing this new character off people I don't like. I probably won't be posting everyday anymore because school and some small stuff on the side. I'll try to post everyday after school though. 
(;﹏;)
Total word count: 1677 words

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 12.1K 101
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
943K 16.2K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
87.1K 3.1K 32
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. โ” Lando Norris x Fem!OC ยฉ KissLeclerc , April 2024
2.9M 75.5K 111
She's got the eyes of innocence, The face of an angel, A personality of a dreamer And a smile that hides more pain, Than you can ever imagine. #1 bel...