What Could Have Been (Attack...

By ImalaTasubaki

(Y/N) D'Angelo is an only child. She lives with her parents in Shiganshina District. Her dream was to become... More

Prologue + Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 4

59 4 0
By ImalaTasubaki

(Third Person POV)

"Hello, everyone. My name is Erwin Smith and I'm the current commander of the Survey Corps. A few days ago, I received a letter from someone who I believe is here." Everyone was suddenly paying attention to Erwin. He looked at the letter, read the name in his head, and then said it out loud.

"(Y/N) D'Angelo." It's safe to say that (Y/N) almost died right on the spot. She wanted to grab a knife and stab herself to death. She was brought back to reality when Eren hit her side. She then stood up. Everyone, including Erwin, looked at her.

"You must be D'Angelo. May I speak with you?" (Y/N) didn't even respond. She just followed him, she was tired of life. She expected them to just throw the letter away and go on with life. But nope, Erwin Smith just had to show up. Erwin led her towards another building. That was where the inspector's office was. Once they were there, Erwin sat on the chair while (Y/N) stood in the middle of the room. Dying inside.

"The letter was written by you right?" Erwin asked. (Y/N) slightly jumped.

"Yes." She responded. Erwin grabbed the letter and read it again. There wasn't much, just the important stuff.

"I'm assuming that this was written quickly. That there is more to it?" He asked with a smile. (Y/N) nodded.

"Yes, I described it very briefly in that letter." (Y/N) responded, trying to keep calm.

"I see. Could you tell us the story again, with the details as well?" Erwin asked. (Y/N) blinked.

'Us?'

"There's not a lot more to say but, I'll try. So as Wall Maria fell and the Titans got inside, my house was destroyed. I just saw the Titans approaching and I run towards the Inner Gate. And as I was running, I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings. I just wanted to get away." (Y/N) paused for a bit.

"That's understandable." Erwin commented and (Y/N) nodded her head, agreeing with him.

"As I was running, a Titan grabbed me and lifted me." Erwin placed both of his hands on the table and began to pay close attention.

"I tried to get away but that just wasn't happening. I saw the Titan open its mouth and I was like 'That's it. I'm going to die.' But that didn't happen. I was sure that it was going to eat me, but it stopped. And then it placed me on the ground. I stared at it for a few seconds before I began to run away, just in case it decides to attack again. But as I looked at it again, it wasn't moving. It was just kneeling on the ground." (Y/N) finished talking. Erwin stared at her for a few seconds which was making her nervous.

"What do you think?" Erwin asked. (Y/N) blinked out of confusion.

"I'm very much interested!" (Y/N) quickly looked to her side and there was a person. She had brown hair tied in a ponytail. Brown eyes and glasses. That's Hange Zoë. (Y/N) was confused. Was she there the whole time?

"Well, I think that it's a bunch of bullshit." (Y/N) looked to her right and saw a man sitting on a chair.  That man had black hair and gray eyes. He was Levi Ackerman. Humanity's Strongest Soldier.

"Hmmm is that so." Erwin leaned against the chair. (Y/N) was still looking at Levi. She couldn't believe that he was there. Like with her, in the same room. But as soon as his sharp gaze fell on her figure, she looked away.

"Hey, tell me. How did the titan look? Was it small or big?" Hange made her way towards (Y/N). Excitement was written all over her face.

"Uhhh. I think it had about 4 meters?" (Y/N) questioned herself because she wasn't sure. Hange's eyes sparkled.

"Really? Was it scary? How many teeth did it have?" (Y/N) backed away from Hange just a bit.

"Calm down four eyes. We don't even know if it's real." Levi leaned against his palm. (Y/N) turned to look at him.

"If it wasn't real, why would I even write that letter?" (Y/N) asked Levi, there was a bit of venom in her words. He just looked at her.

"I don't know. Maybe you just wanted to waste our time with a made-up story." He said. (Y/N) then send a visible glare his way. But he wasn't bothered one bit.

"You think I would-" 

"Please, calm down." Erwin said. (Y/N) shut her mouth and scoffed before looking back at Erwin.

"(Y/N) D'Angelo." Erwin said her name. He placed his finger on his chin, he seemed to be thinking.

"Are you by any kind of chance related to Lucas D'Angelo?" Erwin asked. (Y/N)'s eyebrows slightly twitched as soon as she heard her father's name. Her gaze fell to the ground.

"He's my father." She answered. Hange smiled brightly.

"No way! You're his daughter!? He was a good man and soldier, you know!" Hange placed her hands on (Y/N)'s shoulders. (Y/N) awkwardly giggled.

"Yeah, he was." Levi raised his brow and looked at (Y/N). He eyed her carefully, he found her way of saying that very suspicious.

"What happened to him?" Hange asked.

"Um... He died the day Wall Maria got breached. He was um... Eaten by a titan." (Y/N) said, still keeping her gaze on the ground. Hange's smile then dropped.

"Oh. Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No it's okay! Don't worry about it." (Y/N) quickly gave Hange a reassuring smile and raised her hands up in defense.

"How old are you again?" Levi suddenly asked. 

"16." (Y/N) shortly answered. She didn't notice this, but she wasn't as nervous as before, Erwin was oddly quiet. He was thinking. And as Hange asked more questions about (Y/N), he thought about what to do with the information and (Y/N).

"I have a question." Erwin suddenly said. All three of them were now paying attention to him.

"Before the titan put you back down... Did you say anything, did you feel anything perhaps?" That was a rather odd question. (Y/N) blinked at Erwin and thought about it for a few seconds.

"Oh! I did! I don't remember it well, but I said something like 'Please don't eat me' or 'I want to live'. I also felt a weird shiver run down my spine and I had a really strange feeling in my gut." (Y/N) explained, looking straight at Erwin. Erwin kept his eyes on her and then he smiled.

"Thank you. Be so kind and wait outside." (Y/N) was confused, again. But she did as she was told to do. She walked outside the house and sat on the wooden stairs. The other cadets were practicing close combat not too far from her. (Y/N) sighed and leaned against her palm. 

After a while, Hange came out but she went somewhere. She then returned with their instructor and went back inside the building. (Y/N) groaned. And then, after what felt like hours, but was actually like 10 minutes, Hange came out again.

"(Y/N)! Come, come!" She said with a big smile. Hange dragged (Y/N) back inside the building and into the office. Now, (Y/N) felt nervous one more. Nobody was saying anything, and this was making (Y/N) anxious.

"(Y/N) D'Angelo." Erwins stood up from his chair and smiled. (Y/N) quickly fixed her gaze on the tall male.

"We've come to the agreement that starting tomorrow, you're going to be under Captain Levi's command. I'm accepting your enlistment into the Survey Corps. Captain Levi is going to be responsible for you. He's going to teach you everything you need to know. You're going to participate in the winter training with the other cadets, and the graduation as well. After you pack all your things, we're leaving to Trost District. And you'll continue your training there, with Captain Levi and his squad. Any questions?"

-The next day-

(Y/N)'s POV)

"So you're leaving?" Eren asked. I nodded while tying the bag with all my things to the saddle. Then I turned around. Only Mikasa, Eren, and Armin were here. We stared at each other for a few seconds before Armin walked towards me and hugged me.

"We'll miss you." He whispered. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his shoulder.

"I will miss you guys as well..." I mumbled. After a while he let me go and Mikasa hugged me. I wasn't really close with Mikasa, but whenever we talked, we got along quite well. After she pulled away, Eren hugged me.

"Thanks for everything." He whispered. I nodded my head. I looked over his shoulder at Armin only to see him tearing up.

"No! Don't do that, darling! I'll cry as well!" I pointed my finger at Armin. He wiped away his tears with his sleeve and looked away. I hugged him one last time before I mounted my horse.

"Are you ready to go?" Erwin made his way toward me on his white horse. There was a smile on his face. I nodded, then I looked at the trio.

"I hope we see each other soon. Mikasa, take care of them." Mikasa gave me a small smile and nodded. Both Eren and Armin looked at her annoyed. Then I heard Erwin's horse trotting away. I pulled the bridle to the side and clicked my tongue. The horse began to gallop toward Erwin and the rest. We all rode our horses up the hill. After I was up there, I stopped and glanced down at the trio. They all waved at me. I smiled and waved back. After that, I began to catch up to Erwin.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 229 19
≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫ ➢DISCONTINUED!! ❃ ➢Y/n is a girl 1 year younger than Eren and she i...
7.5K 300 15
DISCONTINUED!!!!!!! "𝐈 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮...𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬" "𝐈 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔....�...
373K 10.2K 94
L/n Y/n was found at the doorstep of the Yeager Household at the age of 7. Eren vowed to protect Y/n ever since he saw her that day, with their bond...
368 19 10
Your name is (y/n), your now a junior in high school and ready to do as much as you can to enjoy it! You always dreamed of being a songwriter to expr...