Light Of A Crystal

By ShayPC0

Title subjected to change. Naruto knew it! He knew the main purpose of the bell test. But unfortunately, Sas... More

1. The Beginning
2. The Bell Test
3. Criminal
4. The Second Bell Test
5.The Bridge Mission Begins!
6. Mask
7. The Wave Mission begins
8.Is it a girl? Is it a boy? Its Haku!
9. The battle of Bridge
10. Pre Chunin Exam period
11. Meeting Rock Lee ;The Chunin exams begin
12. Team Death
*13. Chunin Exams
14. Preliminary Exam begins
*16. Preliminary arc- Part 2
17.Jiraya
18. Wind vs Blade
19. The Fox and the Cherry Blossom
20. Sound and Sand Joint Invasion Operation
21. Hiragane
*22. Prophecy*
23. Omens
24. The Weasel and the shark
25. The Uchiha Brothers
26. Lady Tsunade
27. Itachi's 3 conditions
28. Mist Village
29. Hatred
30. Sasuke's goal
32. Predictions
33. Good bye Hidden Leaf Village! Next destination:Sand Village! Here we come!
34. Gaara of the Sand

15. Preliminary arc- part 1

422 10 2
By ShayPC0

Sakura vs Kagari

The digital board flashed the names as Sakura pulled her gloves with a smirk and disappeared in cherry blossoms.

She reappeared in the middle of the arena almost immediately with the cherry blossoms dancing around her as she smirked.

Naruto just watched with keen eyes.

Kagari just jumped towards the arena with a kunai in his hands and twirled it by its hole.

I think that I need to concentrate on this match as I need to know how powerful my opponents are. Naruto thought as he leaned against the railing.

"Yo Naruto." He heard Kakashi calling him. "Short time no see."

"Kakashi sensei. How powerful is Sakura compared to when we last saw her?" Naruto asked.

"Not even a reply to my greeting. I am hurt. Anyways, I dunno." Kakashi said nonchalantly as Naruto looked at Sasuke who walked towards him before leaning against the railing.

"Oi Dobe." Sasuke said as Naruto and Kakashi looked at him in a cautious manner. "I just came here to offer an olive branch until we get to fight each other. What do you say?" Sasuke asked as Naruto just stayed silent, with his eyes on the match.

Why is that bastard offering me an olive branch. Something is really fishy. Naruto thought.

"Very well. I accept." Naruto said after a pause.

In the meantime as Sasuke turned back, he touched his eyes and pulled out a lens to reveal an activated sharingan.

Naruto. You have fallen into my trap but I will not yet use you. Not yet. Sasuke thought.

Sasuke just stayed silent as Hayate raised his hand to signal the beginning of the fight.

Kagari quickly brought his hands on the ground and immediately the whole arena was filled with water, causing Hayate to quickly jump on the high ground to be safe.

The man in strange yellowish white jumpsuit quickly started creating clones out of water causing Sakura to quickly retreat to a safe distance.

"What is that technique?" Tenten exclaimed.

"That is his nature transformaton ability. Using this one can create transform any element into whatever the user wishes. This is getting interesting." Kakashi said.

Sakura carefully looked at Kagari's clone before going through handsigns and bringing her hand on the ground.

Immediately, multiple cherry blossoms covered the whole arena and Sakura suddenly vanished.

Kagari desperately looked for Sakura before feeling a punch in his gut and he fell down on the ground unconscious.

Hayate raised his hand after making sure that Kagari was unconcious to signal the end of the match.

"Winner of the 1st match is Sakura." Hayate announced.

Tch. What a disappointment! I was hoping to learn more about her ability. Naruto thought before carefully taking a deep breath.

"Well done Sakura." Sasuke praised as Sakura perked up and smiled at Sasuke for the first time.

"Thank you Sasuke kun." Sakura said as Sasuke turned around and smirked. Everything was going according to his plan and if he waits for the correct opportunity, he will be able to seize half of the Konha 12 to his side.

Soon, the water was cleared up and Hayate announced for the next match.

"And now, the next match is Neji vs Naruto. Will the requested ninjas please come down on the arena?"

Neji quickly held the ran as he ran towards it and jumped over it while he spun in the mid air.

In the meantime, Naruto humbly walked towards the stadium without any style.

"Alright Naruto. Before we fight, I just want to tell you one thing. Since you already know that I will be shifting to your team, I want to know your strenght and weakness. You also need to convince me why I need to join your team by proving me that you will be my perfect teammate right here. What a better way it is to test it here!" Neji said as he smirked.

Thank God that Obito managed to save Hizashi sama. Naruto thought as he sighed in relief before suddenly smiling.

"YEAH YOU BET! COME ON NEJI! GIVE ME ALL WHAT YOU HAVE GOT!" Naruto shouted in joy as Neji took his pose.

"That's what I would like to hear." Neji said as he smirked in joy.

"Alright, are you ready? Begin!" Hayate said as he coughed.

Both of the opponents quickly jumped away at first and carefully looked at each other for a few moments.

Alright. This is about to get exciting! Naruto thought as he quickly rushed towards Neji who took his position.

[8 triagrams: Palm Rotation]

Neji started rotating as Naruto quickly formed a crystal staff and attempted to land a hit on Neji only to be thrown away.

Quickly jumping by rotating, Naruto started sending a barrage of Crystal waves, which Neji avoided effectively.

"Nice reflexes! But do you think that you were my aim?" Naruto asked as Neji's eyes widened when he looked up and saw a crystal wall behind him being struck by the monstrous wave and Falling towards him.

Neji quickly gritted his teeth before brutally destroying the wall with Air palm.

"Did you really think that I don't have any long range attacks to protect myself?" Neji asked as Naruto shook his head.

Naruto took out his crystal blade on his hand and rushed towards Neji, brandishing it as he moved quickly.

The Hyuuga prodigy smirked and quickly started rotating once again, causing Naruto to stop in his tracks.

Before the rotations could even stop according to Naruto, Neji suddenly seized the opportunity and rushed towards the blond with an extended palm.

"2 palms" Neji yelled as he began inflicting damage on Naruto.
"4 palms... 8 palms....16 palms....32 palms....and that's 64 palms. You cannot move now. Its all over. After all, Hyuugas are the strongest among the Konoha." Neji declared as he pushed for the final strike.

"Heh!" Naruto muttered as he smirked. "Ya know that ya should really be aware of what's behind you."

That's when Neji looked around and saw Naruto on his back.

"What?" Neji thought out loud as he quickly tried to strike Naruto once more but he just disappeared again.

"Maybe..." Neji heard and felt a heavy object on his back. "You should try to training with a clone."

Neji tried to punch Naruto but, he again disappeared and the next thing he knew he found himself pinned with crystal.

"WHAT? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?" Tenten yelled in shock.

That's when all the clones came out of the shadows of the surrounding cherry blossom trees, which started to reacting even if there was no wind.

Very impressive. You managed to create a clone before Neji was giving lecture to you and that clone managed to create other clones. Kakashi praised mentally. He saw Naruto creating cones with his partially exposed sharingan.

Hmm, Naruto Uzumaki. He will be a formidable opponent and maybe mother will be satisfied with his blood. Gaara thought.

That brat never ceases to please me. Hiruzen thought.

How is that even possible? Sasuke thought angrily gritting his teeth.

In the meantime, everyone was waiting for the injured clone to vanish but nothing happened causing everyone to tense.

"So w-what d-do you t-think Neji? W-Will I be your p-perfect teammate?" Naruto asked as he let the scarlet liquid to flow out of his mouth.

That boy has sacrificed for the clones to defeat me even if he could have done the opposite. Neji thought as he smirked. That's the kind of ninja I have dreamt of meeting. Lee was perfect for me but now, I don't think that I will be handle any of his antics with Gai sensei.

"Yes Naruto. You will be my perfect teammate." Neji said as he smiled gracefully. "I yield."

That's when the crystal covering half of Neji's body retracted.

Naruto looked at Neji with eyes filled with joy before collapsing on the ground only to be caught by Kakashi who broke his fall by holding him by his shoulders.

"Kakashi Sensei."

"Naruto. You did well." Kakashi said as he gave an eye smile and laid him on a staircase in such a manner so that he can watch the rest of the matches.

The screen started display the words of "Shino vs Choji"

"Will Shino and Choji please come down the stage?" Hayate requested as Shino appeared in a swarm of bugs.

"I WON'T GOOOOOO!" Choji yelled in absolute fear.

"Come one Choji. You only have to fight against him." Asuma said.

"No. I will get injured and even worse, I will have to stay on a diet after that!" Choji shouted as Asuma just sweatdropped.

"Tell you what? If you fight against Shino, then I will make sure that you will get a lot of treats."

Nevertheless to say Shino won the duel easily by seeping out the chakra from Choji, who fell down the ground due to Chakra exhaustion.

Everyone just sweatdropped at the loss of Choji.

Here are the results of non important battles as the author sama did not want the story to stretch unnecessarily.

1. Lee vs Gaara

Winner: Gaara.

A/N: Story is same as canon.

2. Kabuto vs Zaku

Winner: Kabuto (Zaku forfeited)

3. Hinata vs Oboro

Winner: Hinata (Won by striking a vital point)

"The next match is Sasuke Uchiha vs Dosu Kinuta. Will the mentioned ninjas please come down on the arena?" Hayate announced as a fireball was suddenly seen raging in the air and Sasuke appeared out of nowhere as the flame was doused while Dosu arrived without much showoff.

Suddenly the Third Hokage whispered something into Genma's ear. He nodded and bowed down before Hiruzen and disappeared.

Genma appeared in front of Hayate and whispered something.

"Sasuke Uchiha. You have been disqualified from the round." Hayate announced and everyone became silent as Anbus suddenly appeared and restrained the Uchiha.

Obito: And that brings an end to Chapter 15.

Kakashi: Shay san didn't see any point in writing some of the battle which were quite unimportant to the plot.

Obito: And if you didn't like about the missing battles, we would like to apologize on the behalf of Shay.

Kakashi: As usual, keep reading and...

Obito: PEACE OUT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Outcast By Sage

Fanfiction

74.2K 1.4K 28
Naruto is mad. Sakura is annoying and Sasuke is a jerk. Naruto is already S-Level, but only a few know about that secret. Team 8 is bored. Konoha is...
4.6K 241 11
For the first three years of her life, Sakura has only known the inside of the Senju compound, until a few days ago that is. Who knew all the unexpec...
16.9K 279 17
This story Naruto uzumaki finds out the most horrible truth about his wife and friend on team7 aka sakura Haruno when he does find out he realizes ho...
27.6K 376 17
CURRENTLY BEING FULLY REWRITTEN, THIS STORY WILL STAY HERE, BUT IT'LL NO LONGER BE UPDATED (maybe just it ask what's wanted in the other story) (Y/N)...