Light Of A Crystal

By ShayPC0

Title subjected to change. Naruto knew it! He knew the main purpose of the bell test. But unfortunately, Sas... More

1. The Beginning
2. The Bell Test
3. Criminal
4. The Second Bell Test
5.The Bridge Mission Begins!
6. Mask
7. The Wave Mission begins
8.Is it a girl? Is it a boy? Its Haku!
9. The battle of Bridge
10. Pre Chunin Exam period
11. Meeting Rock Lee ;The Chunin exams begin
12. Team Death
*13. Chunin Exams
15. Preliminary arc- part 1
*16. Preliminary arc- Part 2
17.Jiraya
18. Wind vs Blade
19. The Fox and the Cherry Blossom
20. Sound and Sand Joint Invasion Operation
21. Hiragane
*22. Prophecy*
23. Omens
24. The Weasel and the shark
25. The Uchiha Brothers
26. Lady Tsunade
27. Itachi's 3 conditions
28. Mist Village
29. Hatred
30. Sasuke's goal
32. Predictions
33. Good bye Hidden Leaf Village! Next destination:Sand Village! Here we come!
34. Gaara of the Sand

14. Preliminary Exam begins

452 10 3
By ShayPC0

[Gasp]

[Gasp]

[Gasp]

Naruto began to breath deeply as he the building came into his sight.

He smiled in relief as he had to fight at least 2 teams trying to get his heaven scroll. But, it doesn't matter as he had won against these teams without much effort.

He looked around and saw Sakura carrying an injured Sasuke, while Sai just ran in front of Sasuke.

Sasuke? What happened to him? Naruto thought as he shook out his thoughts from his head.

Whatever, I must attack them before they attack me and take the the Heaven scroll...that is if they need. Naruto thought as he quickly jumped on a tree bark and started jumping on the branches of the other trees.

As he got above them, he quickly concealed his chakra and took out a crystal blade from his hand. 

Ok, Crystal blade... check. Speed... check. Height... Check. Distance... Closing in 3...2...1!

Naruto was just about to lunge with his crystal blade aiming towards Sakura. The jump failed as a black bird suddenly attacked Naruto at which reflexively struck down. The bird burst into black ink blinding Naruto for a second before realizing that his target was gone.

"Interesting ability you have Sai." Naruto complimented as Sai quickly appeared with his ink brush and scroll on his lap.

"I am honored to be praised by you, Naruto san." Sai said as he suddenly noticed a heaven scroll in Naruto's pocket.

"That's a relief." Sai said as Naruto looked confused. "We also have the heaven and earth scroll so there is no need for us to attack each other."

Naruto just turned around and asked "What exactly happened to Sasuke?"

"Long story short, we were attacked by Orochimaru who appeared out of nowhere and we fared badly in the battle. That is until a hooded and masked man in black cloak with red clouds appeared out of nowhere and rescued us." Sai said as Naruto just nodded.

"Exactly same thing happened to me also." Naruto said as he frowned. "I don't understand who that man is exactly."

"Yes. I agree. He managed to remove the curse seal from Sasuke which is quite surprising as according to the reports no one has been able to remove it."

"Wait. Did you just say a curse seal?" Naruto enquired.

"Yes. Orochimaru bit Sasuke in his neck and a black seal formed on it which I immediately recognized as the infamous curse seal from the documents which I found while rummaging through the library of someone whose name I cannot speak out." Sai said.

"Hmm, that's quite strange." Naruto said as he fell into a deep thought before opening his lips to speak. "Anyways, we should keep going. But let me drop a little warning for you. The next time we meet each other, I will treat you as my enemy. Is that understood?"

Sai just smiled but didn't reply. 

Forest of Death building

That was quite a strange meeting. Don't you agree brat? Kurama asked as Naruto nodded.

"Now, I only have to use these scrolls to end this exam." Naruto said as he pulled out the scroll as per the instructions.

Opening both of them, he threw away and a puff of white smoke appeared to reveal Iruka Umino.

"Iruka sensei!" Naruto exclaimed in pleasant surprise.

"Yo Naruto. You have passed." Iruka said with a graceful smile as Naruto bowed down to show respect.

"Thank you." Naruto said as his face suddenly darkened. "I have bad news for you. We have two major intruders into this forest."

"And who are they?" Iruka questioned, getting serious.

"A man from Akatsuki and... Orochimaru." Naruto said as Iruka's eyes widened in shock.

"What? Are you alright, Naruto?" Iruka enquired as he checked for Naruto's injuries.

"Don't worry about me Iruka sensei. I will be alright." Naruto said with a smile before explaining what happened.

"Hmm, this is quite strange. I need to report this Sandaime sama. And Naruto. You need to stay here for at least 1 more day until the exam ends." Iruka said as he disappeared.

"So what are we going to do about it... Obito sensei?" Naruto asked as Obito came out from the shadows and removed his orange spiral mask.

"Well, this development is quite... Disturbing and unexpected." Obito said as he put his hand under his chin while both of them sat down on a stair.

"You have been saying the same thing since Noka appeared for the first time." Naruto commented as Obito nodded.

"I just can't seem to rake my brains and decide properly what to do since the day when that bastard appeared for the first time. But what matters right now is the present. Congratulations Naruto for passing the second round." Obito said as he smiled and put his hand on Naruto's head, who gladly accepted the gesture.

"Thank you, Obito." Naruto said as Obito vanished, nor before saying a "Good luck for the next round."

With Sasuke

"Tch. You don't need to take care of me." Sasuke said as he pushed Sakura away.

"Yes Sasuke kun." Sakura said, little hurt about it.

"Its ready." Sai announced as he laid the scrolls and the puff of smoke appeared.

"Danzo. When are we going to initiate the operation Deer, operation Mind and Operation brawn?" Sasuke said in an impatient manner.

"Soon Sasuke. We will initiate them very soon." Danzo tried to reassure the mad Uchiha.

"When is the soon? At least give me some hint or reason for the repeated delays." Sasuke said, getting more impatient.

"The moment Naruto leaves." Danzo replied after a long silence.

"Why?"

"Because, he is too strong for the anbus as he has a jutsu which is a rival to sharingan and wood release. We cannot afford to risk it." Danzo said as Sasuke gritted his teeth.

"Fine. I will wait as long as Naruto remains in the village. But, the moment he leaves, I will bleed Konoha into your and my submission." Sasuke finally relented and walked away to sit in a corner for the rest of the day.

Danzo pulled Sakura and Sai aside and said in hushed voice. "I want you to keep me informed about Sasuke as he is very likely to rebel and disobey me completely. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Danzo sama." Sakura and Sai bowed down to show the man respect, while he disappeared in a puff of white smoke.

Sasuke Kun. Sakura frowned as she shook her head.

With Kabuto

"So, what are we going to do about Sasuke now that our plan has failed?" Kabuto asked Orochimaru who just stayed silent.

"Kabuto. I want you not to withdraw from the exam." Orochimaru said as Kabuto nodded.

"And what about Sasuke?" Kabuto asked.

"It would be better to prepare for the invasion as we have failed in giving him a curse seal. For now, just stand down in that matter and prepare for the invasion." Orochimaru ordered.

"Understood."

2 days later

"At least 8 teams that is 24 members have passed the Chunin Exams." Hayate announced after all the teams assembled. "They are Team Kakashi, Team Sasuke, Team Kabuto, Team Guy, Team Baki, Team Kurenai, Team Asuma and Team Dosu. Now, we will hold the preliminary matches on Knock out. If anyone likes to withdraw can withdraw now." 

No one raised their hands as The Sandaime smiled.

"Now, here is a box from which you need to draw sheets of papers at random." Hayate announced.

After the shinobis drew the papers from the box, Hayate asked them to tell their name along with their numbers. 

And here is the list generated from RANDOM.ORG ;D

1.Kagari

2.Sakura

3.Neji 

4.Naruto

5.Shino

6.Choji

7.Lee

8.Gaara

9.Kabuto

10.Zaku

11.Hinata

12.Oboro

13.Sasuke

14.Dosu

15.Shikamaru

16.Kin

17.Temari

18.Mubi

19.Yoroi

20.Kiba

21.Ino

22.Misumi

23.Kankuro

24.Tenten

"So that means here are the match ups: Kagari vs Sakura, Neji vs Naruto, Shino vs Choji, Lee vs Gaara, Kabuto vs Zaku, Hinata vs Oboro, Sasuke vs Dosu, Shikamaru vs Kin, Temari vs Mubi, Yoroi vs Kiba, Ino vs Misumi and Kankuro vs Tenten. There will be no bye. This will be an interesting match. I request the members to take a break and warm up before beginning. You have at least an hour." Hayate annouced. 

Kakashi: And that brings an end to Chapter 14.

Obito: Shay san recently changed the book to mature rating. In case, if you have missed the announcement, this was done because this book will soon turn into absolute violence. 

Kakashi: Or rather a genocide. 

Obito: We hope that you will be able to stomach the description of violence as it will be in gory detail. 

Kakashi: About this chapter, Shay san has decided to change the pair ups because he wanted to write this book differently. 

Obito: On other news, Shay san has finally found the plotline which this book will follow. So get ready for tons of plot twists as there will be many.

Kakashi: And finally as usual, keep reading and.....

Obito: PEACE OUT!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 11.4K 48
Who decides worth in this world? ... No one does. Next Update : Who knows (Akatsuki Naruto fanfiction) Naruto had always been left out in Konoha. Th...
193K 5.3K 18
(Highest Ranking: #4 in anbu) *Edited summary* Uzumaki Naruto is an enigma, he is quiet, orders random people around expecting them to follow those o...
9K 1K 26
(A Naruto-themed fanfic- Book 1 in its series) Just recently promoted to Jonin Status as a medical shinobi of the Hidden Leaf Village, Katsu Inazuna...
20K 674 105
Sequel to crystal in Light " "Those who break the rules are trash but those who break the rules are worse than scum." These were the words from my se...