Light Of A Crystal

By ShayPC0

Title subjected to change. Naruto knew it! He knew the main purpose of the bell test. But unfortunately, Sas... More

1. The Beginning
2. The Bell Test
3. Criminal
4. The Second Bell Test
5.The Bridge Mission Begins!
6. Mask
7. The Wave Mission begins
8.Is it a girl? Is it a boy? Its Haku!
9. The battle of Bridge
10. Pre Chunin Exam period
11. Meeting Rock Lee ;The Chunin exams begin
12. Team Death
14. Preliminary Exam begins
15. Preliminary arc- part 1
*16. Preliminary arc- Part 2
17.Jiraya
18. Wind vs Blade
19. The Fox and the Cherry Blossom
20. Sound and Sand Joint Invasion Operation
21. Hiragane
*22. Prophecy*
23. Omens
24. The Weasel and the shark
25. The Uchiha Brothers
26. Lady Tsunade
27. Itachi's 3 conditions
28. Mist Village
29. Hatred
30. Sasuke's goal
32. Predictions
33. Good bye Hidden Leaf Village! Next destination:Sand Village! Here we come!
34. Gaara of the Sand

*13. Chunin Exams

588 12 9
By ShayPC0

Naruto never expected this to happen. It was indeed getting interesting yet very frightening.

Wiping a sweat from his brow, he looked towards his right, where he heard the body of the snake mistress, Anko falling on the ground.

"KU KU KU. I won again, Anko chan." A creepy voice said before suddenly disappearing in shunshin

Carefully twirling his kunai into his pouch, he came out of his hiding place while trying to remember what just happened a few minutes ago.

Flashback

After the passing of the first part of exam, Naruto and the others were led to the Forest of Death where they were told the rules and regulations which they must follow.

A few minutes after entering the forest, he encountered Anko who was searching for her uncle.

"You mean that creepy guy with long neck?" Naruto asked as Anko nodded.

"Well, I can sense his chakra from the above of that tree." Naruto said pointing towards a tree before a crystal wall suddenly appeared out of the ground and they heard the sound of liquid crashing into the wall.

"OI GAKI! STAY OUT OF THIS BATTLE." Anko shouted sternly as she threw a multiple kunai towards the tree.

Deciding that it was better to listen to her, he attempted to run from the scene to take shelter before suddenly being intercepted by a snake which appeared right in front of him.

"Tch!" Naruto muttered as the crystal silently erupted out of the ground in a protective manner so as to allow Naruto to escape.

The large snake broke through the wall and the next thing Naruto knew he was gobbled up by the snake.

"OI GAKIII!!!" Anko shouted before she looked towards Orochimaru with hatred in her eyes. "HOW DARE YOU? HOW DARE YOU KILL HIM LIKE THAT?"

"Says the one who is proctoring an exam that kills a lot of children." Orochimaru said, rolling his eyes.

Anko gritted her teeth and threw snakes out of her sleeves. These snakes bound Orochimaru, whose smile didn't falter at all.

Ignoring the smile, Anko attempted to slash a kunai into Orochimaru's hand.

"I am going to borrow your hand for a few moments." Anko said as she went through a few handsigns using Orochimaru's hand before realising that he was a fake one.

"My! My! How weak have you gotten, Anko chan!" Orochimaru exclaimed from her back before quickly binding Anko with his own snakes.

"What do you want Orochimaru?" Anko spat angrily.

"Hmm, what I want? Interesting question. Why don't you take a guess?" Orochimaru asked.

"Kill the Sandaime Hokage sama?" Anko asked as Orochimaru grinned.

"Correct. But its only half of what I want. I need Sasuke's body to survive. Using the sharingan I will be the strongest." Orochimaru said as he took out a kunai and held it over his head with its pointed tip directed towards Anko.

Knowing that she cannot escape the impact, she closed her eyes, accepting the faith as Orochimaru brought the kunai down.

Suddenly an orange object was seen rushing towards the kunai and both of them collided with each other.

"How did you manage to escape the snake? Mind explaining that... Naruto kun?" Orochimaru asked in a chilly manner.

"You are a great genius yet a fool Orochimaru." Naruto said in an unamused manner. "I admit that you had done a lot of research and everything but what you didn't take into account was the sharpness of my crystal which I wield effectively. So it wasn't long before I cut through the snake from inside before being able to come out safely."

"Heh! Nothing I expected from the one who wears horrendous orange clothes." Orochimaru said as he knocked out Anko by striking a chakra point on her neck.

"Tch, I was hoping to meet a man who can fight against two ninjas simultaneously. Turns out you are not that man." Naruto commented with a deadpan look on his face, before capturing Orochimaru with his crystal spears.

Orochimaru broke the crystal easily and rushed towards Naruto with a sword in his hand.

[Crystal style: crystal javelins]

Immediately, a large javelin formed on his hand as Naruto jumped towards Orochimaru.

The two blades struck with each other before Naruto suddenly smirked and took a deep breath.

[Wind style: 10 needles jutsu]

As Naruto blew out the wind, Orochimaru felt his head cutting down into several pieces before falling down on the ground.

Without checking the body, Naruto tunred around, while retracting his crystal javelin and started walking away.

He abruptly turned around and threw a kunai, with a paper bomb attached to it, towards a tree causing Orochimaru to come out of his hiding place.

"Heheheheh!!!! You are a strange one. Aren't you?" Orochimaru asked.

Naruto knew that it was hard for a genin to fight against a Sanin but he remained calm before going through several handsigns and bringing his hand on the ground.

[Crystal style: Great Fields of blades]

Immediately, the field of the forest was covered with hundreds of blade with their sharp sides pointed and moving slowly towards Orochimaru, who just continued to smile.

"You know you could have made a great vessel for me if you weren't a jinchuriki. I cannot afford to use my curse mark against a jinchuriki as your Biju will automatically break it." Orochimaru complimented Naruto before suddenly breaking the crystals in a blink of an eye, causing Naruto's eyes to go wide.

Orochimaru appeared in front of Naruto before the latter felt a blade on his neck.

"But unfortunately, I am going to kill you so as to prevent my dear Sasuke kun from being bested by a blond brat." Orochimaru said with a gleeful look on his face. "Any last words?"

"Are you an yandere?" Naruto asked with a smirk

"Poor choice of words." Orochimaru said with a smirk before raising his kunai.

Tch! Seems I will die now. I cannot use my crystal jutsu as I cannot use it if I am held as a hostage as it will be inaccurate. *Sighs* I really need to improve on this type of situation. Naruto thought as he closed his eyes, already accepting his fate.

But, nothing happened at all.

Cautiously opening his eyes, he saw a hand holding Orochimaru's kunai.

Behind Orochimaru stood a man wearing a black cloak with black clouds splattered on it. He had white hair coming out of his hoodie and was also wearing a black mask.

"You would be wise to surrender." The man said as he continued to hold Orochimaru's arm.

"Noka Kurianagi. Would mind explaining why are you here?" Orochimaru asked as he tried to move his arms but to no avail.

What's this power? So powerful his aura is. I need this power. Orochimaru thought as he continued his attempt to escape.

"Because I need to save him for I will need him for my future plans. And yes! Please don't try to escape as it will prove futile since I already know your power." The man said.

"How do you know about my powers?" Orochimaru asked.

"Coming from where I was gives you certain advantages." Noka said as Orochimaru could swear that the hooded man was smiling under his mask. "And one more thing, if you want to catch Sasuke, I will advise you to run fast as he is already about to complete his test."

With that, Noka released the hand and Orochimaru disappeared leaving a large hole on the ground.

Noka sighed as he felt a kunai on his neck.

"Naruto. You already know that you cannot kill me." Noka said as Naruto continued to put the kunai on the former's neck, while sweating bullets.

"Why did you save me? What did you mean by you will need me for your future plans?" Naruto asked in a dangerous manner as Noka smiled under his mask.

"You will soon know. And by the way, did you forget about the so called kage bunshins?" Noka asked before suddenly vanishing in thin air.

This time, Naruto felt a cold blade on his neck. Looking down, he saw that it was the blade of a katana.

The blond started sweating profusely, knowing that if he makes a single wrong movement, he will be killed immediately.

"Very well. You got me." Naruto said, admitting defeat.

"Why did you save me?" Naruto asked before hastily adding "And please not that you will need me in future shit."

"First of all, I cannot allow you to speak swear words. And for your question, its  because I promised someone." Noka said in a sad voice while letting Naruto. "I will keep on coming to save whenever I deem important. But still be very wary of me as I am most likely to kill you the moment I get a chance."

The next moment, Noka disappeared leaving a heaven scroll and note behind.

On the note was written:

"Go to the tower directly without any stopping. I don't want to interfere the exams once again. ~Noka Kurianagi, the silent gurdian of your childhood."

Silent Gurdian of my childhood? What does he mean? Naruto pondered confused. Arrgh, this is getting frustrating. Its better that I should go to the tower.

As Naruto ran towards the tower, Noka watched from above the tree before he took out a headband from his pocket and looked at it.

The headband had the insignia of the Leaf Village imprinted on it and the colour of the cloth on which the cold metal lay had black colour.

A smile appeared in Noka's hidden lips while he laid on the branch of the tree.

Naruto. I hope that you can save the world from me. Noka thought as he put back the headband and stood up before disappearing in flock of black ravens.

Kakashi: And that brings an end to chapter 13.

Obito: This chapter is actually a hint to Noka's true identity. Best of luck in finding the true identity.

Kakashi: Hmm, I wonder who it is under his mask.

Obito: Anyways, Shay san was bored of writing the previous book so he decided to write a chapter of Light of A Crystal.

Kakashi: In case you are wondering...yes... Shay san has changed the name of the book. Hope that you liked this little change.

Obito: With that being said, we hope that you liked this chapter and as usual...

Kakashi: Keep Reading and...

Obito: PEACE OUT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 6.9K 40
Sasuke Uchiha never left Konoha. The Uchiha massacre never happened. Itachi Uchiha - Sasuke's older brother, didn't join Akatsuki. Sasuke was never c...
468K 14.4K 43
What happens when a young (and bratty) girl's body is taken over by.... herself? Well, from the future. Konohagakure is in the midst of a deadly war...
21K 675 105
Sequel to crystal in Light " "Those who break the rules are trash but those who break the rules are worse than scum." These were the words from my se...
313 31 24
Sakura isn't what she seems Sasuke's acting suspicious around his teammates Naruto is having personality changes , like he's has another self . Peop...