Not your girl ( Fred Weasley...

By izzylizardlol

The instigator, the most troublesome and the chaotic Fred Weasley may be seen as a king at Hogwarts but as so... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 4

8.7K 162 222
By izzylizardlol

Y/n's POV:

When I walk up to the owlery I spot Fred who's already up there, he's wearing a winter coat with woolly hat.

I go to make a comment but I stop myself and decide to ignore his presence, finding an owl.

" are you stalking me princess?" He asks and I roll my eyes, I should have made a comment when I had the chance.

" as if" I respond turning to him, his letter is in his hand and not even in an envelope yet, he sees me glance at it and walks over to hand it to me.

" take a read"

' Hi Mum, sorry I didn't tell you sooner, it slipped my mind, yes of course I remember, I remember complaining every two seconds about her opinions that she wouldn't and hasn't stopped sharing. She's well, still getting O's in everything, I think she came out with like 10 or more OWLS. She says hello.
Love Fred'

I hand his letter back to him.

" as sweet as ever" I say while doing so.

" you're turn to show me yours" he says reaching for my letter.

" no" I say moving back away from him but I slip and fall back, he takes this opportunity to grab my letter instead of helping me up.

Fred's POV:

" Fred don't you dare read that!" She demands.

" why? Who's it to? Adrian's parents?" I tease.

" give it back!" She says protectively, chasing me around in circles in the short space but I'm already reading and her reflexes aren't as quick.

' To Dad,
I'm sorry that you've found out I only got 85% on my defence against the dark arts OWL, I know you're angry with me for not getting 100 but it was really difficult. I'm not using Mum as an excuse, but she always used to tell me to put all my effort into the subjects I enjoy the most and in all honesty, defence against the dark arts isn't my favourite. Also I'm staying at Hogwarts for the Christmas, and you probably won't respond to this, so I'll see you in the summer.
- From y/n'

My face falls as I read her letter and she takes my moment of weakness to snatch it out of my hands that it gives me a fright.

" you're an absolute jerk!" She says, she looks furious, I want to apologise but I don't, y/n and I don't exactly have those soft, sympathetic moments...

Flashback to third year:

" 89%?! That's terrible!" Y/n exclaims in potions class, right next to me in my eardrum since we are sadly sat next to each other.

" attention seeker, I got 50!" I say but she doesn't hear me, she stares blank at her test result that I take it out of her hand.

" 89%?! Oh no! I'm going to die! It's the end of the world!" I say mocking her, doing the same actions she does where she clutches the paper in her hands, a few people hear and laugh at my impression.

" go to hell Weasley" she says yanking her paper back from me, she looks upset.

" take a joke y/n" I say lightly pulling the back of her ponytail to wind her up.

And it works because she forcefully pushes my arm away.

" easy!" I say holding my hands up at her aggressive touch.

" stop making fun of me!" She says stressed like she's about to cry, I stare at her blank, confused by this female reaction, hormones...

" I'm not making fun of you"

" yes you were! I watched you! Just stop" she says panic - like, her face goes red and she starts taking deep breaths.

I cautiously place my hand on her back and when she doesn't push it away I start rubbing her reassuringly as he places her head in her hands.

When she's calm, she composes herself and sits up straight, going back to looking like her strong minded self, I remove my hand awkwardly, unsure of how to act.

" are we going to pretend like that didn't happen?" I say and she nods immediately.

" yep and you're not going to touch me again" she says avoiding eye contact.

" you make it sound weird"

" it was weird" she admits and I let her have it.

" well I won't need to comfort you again if you don't lose your head again" I say rudely.

" I don't want your awful, so - called comfort anyway!"

Present later on:

Y/n followers me into the common room where we sit in the corner, she sits as far away from me as possible and I laugh.

" this is too public, everyone can see us" she says anxiously.

" and sitting so far away from me where we have to talk loudly to hear each other is going to fix that, isn't it?" I say smartly.

She gives me a dirty look and moves the tiniest bit closer to me, i scoff before grabbing the bottom of her chair and pulling her closer to me myself.

" you can't just do that!" She says because her face was close to mine for millisecond.

" relax!" I say tiredly.

" I have a bad feeling about this already" she says and I lean forwards to talk to her.

" we'll be fine" I say but I don't believe my words.

" will we?" She asks like she knows I'm unconfident.

" we can't even have a normal conversation without us biting each other's heads off!" She says.

" and that's what I love about us, we haven't changed since first year" I say patting her on the thigh.

" look it's no challenge, we just need to act like a couple in front of my mother" I say shrugging but I know it will be easier said than done because Molly isn't gullible.

" trying to like you itself is a challenge" she says calmly.

" the feeling is mutual" I reply just as coolly.

" lace" she says.

" what?" I ask.

" your shoelace is untied"

I look at my feet to see she's correct.

" could have let you trip but I didn't" she says raising her hands.

I bring my leg up and rest it across her lap as I tie my shoe lace, " aren't you a gem" I sarcastically say.

In this moment, Adrian walks in and y/n quickly pushes my leg off her lap and fixates her hair that's wavy down to the front, he begins walking over to us.

" hey, am I interrupting something?" He says in his deep voice, looking between the two of us.

" not at all! Is everything okay?" Y/n asks looking up at him, he grins at the sight of her.

" I was wondering if you could help me study" he says and when she smiles at the ground he quickly and slyly gives me a threatening look, I raise my eyebrows at him.

" sure let me just grab my things" y/n answers and I'll give it to her that she's hiding her nerves well.

When she stands up, I grab hold of her wrist.

" wait right now? We were having a discussion" I say.

" it can wait until later" she says before pulling away and following Pucey.

" are they a thing?" I hear Hermione ask Harry.

" I think so" Ron says, he's the only one not doing work.

" they could be just friends but he looks at her like she's a piece of meat" Harry says disturbed.

" Christ sake they're not bloody together!" I accidentally shout out loud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While I walk back from dinner I see y/n exit the library, on her own, she catches my eye but doesn't say anything until I do.

" how was your study date?" I ask her.

" it wasn't a date"

" but you wish it was" I say and she doesn't deny it and I ignore the fact that it bothered me that she didn't.

" he's charming" she says shrugging but smiling.

" aren't you worried?" I ask her.

" about what?" She says.

" that he's using you obviously"

Her face scowls at me as she looks at disgusted.

" how could you say that?"

" For your wits! Jesus y/n! I'm just saying everyone knows you're smart and he's not the brightest, did you do his homework for him?" I ask genuinely curious but it strikes a nerve.

" I helped him with his homework! I didn't complete it for him!"

" and what did he say when he left? Did he ask you out on a date or did he ask if you could help him again tomorrow?" I say knowing what his charming yet cunning personality is like.

" I - he did but maybe he's just shy, and he doesn't want to ask me out just yet" she says like she's in deep thought.

" I've witnessed your small moments for years now and even I've asked you out before him" I chuckle but she doesn't find it funny.

" you always do this!" She says irritated, walking past me and I follow her.

" do what? Talk to you!? You're going to have to do a lot of talking to me when we fake date!" I say chasing after her but she stops in her treks and turns around facing me.

" no! You always must make me feel bad! Why do I let someone as pathetic as you get into my head?!" She says flustered.

" here we go again" I sigh.

" no! Why couldn't you have just walked past me? Or ask how I'm doing? Instead of purposely ruffling my feathers and make me feel like a hopeless, stupid teenage girl!" I bounce on my feet as she lets me have it.

" oh come on, why do you think that I asked to annoy you? How do you know I wasn't just looking out for you?"

She scoffs at me like my words were ridiculous before proceeding to walk away.

" wait" I groan chasing her once again, it's starting to feel like a routine.

" go away Fred!"

" no" I say once again putting myself in front of her, placing both hands on her shoulders to prevent her from walking.

" look I'm sorry! I wasn't trying to upset you! Please don't change your mind about the fake dating! The sooner my mum responds the better, I'm sure she'll want to meet you soon!" I explain to her while she death stares me.

" She'll be watching Harry in the triwizard tournament anyway so she'll be wanting to see you, just- once this is over you can merrily be with Pucey or any guy you like" I tell her and she rolls her eyes like I've said the wrong words.

" it's not about Adrian, Fred! This whole fake dating thing is a disaster and we haven't even started, I don't have the time to put up with these petty little arguments" she says.

" alright, let's go out tomorrow, I'll take you for a butterbeer"

" did you not just hear what I said?" She asks confused.

" I did and that's why I said it, we'll go out for a butterbeer and not argue" I say and she genuinely laughs.

" what? You don't think we can do it?" I smile.

" I don't actually no"

" oh well it's a bet, come on I'll walk you back to your dorm" I say, for once she smiles after rolling her eyes at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.2K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
517K 14.5K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
23.8K 724 21
"if you've got something to ask me, george, just get on with it." he stares at her blankly. "you know it's me. you can actually tell me and freddie a...
579 41 8
❝freddie, focus on the letter. your grammar's atrocious.❞ ❝you know i can't focus when you sit so close to me.❞ arabella sayer is unusual. not quirky...