(AU) Hogwart's Champion

By Sparrowblueowl

*SEQUEL TO SOLEMNLY SWEAR*Kara and Lena's return to Hogwart's does not go as smoothly as they'd hope for. Wha... More

Representing
Over
Reason to Fight
Training
Fire
For Her
In the Water

Welcome to Hogwarts

170 13 2
By Sparrowblueowl

(Song for chapter: Goodbye by Ramsey )

The train's infamous whistle sounded and students ran to the windows lining it, waving goodbyes at family members. New students walked nervously through the train searching for a place to sit, off in the distance a sweet and welcoming old lady shouted if anyone wanted anything off the trolly. Kara and Barry always asked for more sweets then either of them should've been able to handle, and yet they managed to eat every last magical piece.

Kara loved every moment of the train ride to Hogwart's. Currently Winn and Alex were discussing how important it was for her to pass her O.W.L. this year if she wanted to get into a good University. James set across from Kara polishing his broom and going over new strategies he had for the Gryffindor team this year that he'd created all through summer holiday. Kara commended him but smiled as she affirmed that the true winner would be Hufflepuff this year. Both James and Alex stopped what they were doing to yell and say how ridiculous it was and that Gryffindor was on a rise. Winn and Kara began laughing and begging for them to take a seat before they caused a scene.

While Kara was more than happy in this exact moment, there was one person she was anxiously awaiting their arrival. Her girlfriend Lena Luthor.

The couple had been writing letters to each other all summer, and had even met up a few times for dates that left both of them with butterflies. Kara couldn't believe she was dating Lena. She was brilliant and funny and always took Kara's breath away when she was in her presence. She couldn't explain what it was about Lena, just that it had felt like she'd finally met her equal. No one brought out the best in Kara the way Lena did.

As if knowing she was thinking of her, raven hair peeked around the corner and through their compartments doors came none other than Lena Luthor. Kara immediately brightened and ran to hug her girl. Lena's emerald eyes sparked when they landed on Kara's face and they hugged tightly in the middle of the space. Soon people made vomiting noises and they broke apart blushing fiercely. A mess of brown hair came through the door and entered Lex Luthor, Lena's sometimes malicious brother. True he had been an annoyance to the supersquad last year but in the end he had been welcomed into their little group. He shook Winn's hand and awkwardly gave James a fist bump.

Finally everyone was here.

Kara turned to Lena who was entwining their hands.

"I missed you so much," she whispered into her ear.

Lena blushed and giggled slightly from Kara tickling her ear.

"I missed you too Supergirl."

Kara groaned dramatically, "Not that name still."

Lena laughed, "Whyyy I think it absolutely suits you."

"What does?" James asked bringing the others into the conversation.

"Kara's nickname, Supergirl."

Alex laughed out loud, "Oh yes the infamous Hufflepuff's Supergirl. Let's see if she lives up to that name this year on the quidditch pitch."

"With me as Slytherins captain this year, you'll all be trying to live up to your names I'm afraid," Lex stated with a smirk.

James smiled from ear to ear, "Oh it's on Luthor I'm gonna make you eat your words."

"Yeah! We're gonna take you down," Alex shouted and her and James cheered.

"This is going to be the best year," Kara stated as she leaned into her love and laughed at her friends.

Soon she'd learn how wrong she was.

The group arrived at Hogwart's and soon they were in the Dinning Hall at each of their respective tables with their houses. Alex and James sat at the Gryffindor table. Followed by Winn and Lena at the Ravenclaw table, Kara and Barry at Hufflepuff, and Lex at the Slytherin table.

This years welcoming speech did not go the way it usually did though. Dumbledore approached the podium and instead announced that Hogwart's had been chosen to play host to a wizarding tradition that had gone back for centuries. They would be hosting the famous Triwizard Tournament. Some students clapped others turned to one another with confused faces. The Triwizard Torunament came around only every few years and the schools that would participate were always chosen at random. According to Dumbledore this years competitors were Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Beauxbaton.

At the mention of their name Beauxbaton students came flowing through the main door and into hall. Both boys and girls covered in head to toe in blue uniforms did a delicate dance that ended with butterflies flying from their fingertips as if beauty literally poured out of them.

Kara clapped along with the others and looked over at Lena to see her reaction to her old schools arrival. Lena looked nervous biting her lip and hardly clapping as much as the other students. Kara tilted her head and wondered what could be bothering her. Before she could think about it more Barry grabbed her attention.

"Oh man who is that girl, she's the most beautiful person I've ever seen."

Kara turned her head to see where he was looking and smiled.

"Ah yes even I know her. That's Iris West, she's one of Beauxbatons greatest journalist students. I've read a few of her articles on Quidditch and I have to admit her works pretty dang good."

Kara's comments seemed only to further ignite Barry's trance as he gawked loving at her.

Next Dumbledore raised his hand and asked everyone to welcome the boys and girls from the notorious Durmstrang Institute. A horde of students came through the doors covered in brown fur coats and all wearing the same serious strict facial expression. It was like watching soldiers march down the aisles. Kara couldn't help along with others stare up at them.

Dumbledore preceded to explain the rules of the tournament to everyone. As he spoke a tall and cloaked object was brought into the hall. Peeling back it's covers revealed an ancient looking stone cup with blue flames flickering wildly out of it. The Goblet of Fire.

Here, student's in their sixth year or more could place their name within the cup and a single student from each school would be chosen by the Goblet to compete for glory as their schools champion within the tournament. He warned the students that the Triwizard Tournament was not for the weak, the challenges were often dangerous and wearing on both the students bodies and minds. Some were even driven to near insanity...

On that depressing note, Dumbledore wrapped up his speech and the feast began. Kara and Barry smiled wildly at each other before tearing into their plates. Candles drifted above them dreamily and students chatted amongst one another with excitement over the tournament.

"Do you plan on entering ?"

Barry asked her with a mouth filled with chicken.

Kara thought for a moment, " Nah fame and glory aren't really my thing if it's not on the quidditch field. You ?"

"Nah me neither."

"Oh yeah, even if it did catch the attention of a beautiful journalist?"

At that Barry stopped and looked up with a blush, "You know what fame and glory doesn't sound too bad."

Kara laughed and pushed him playfully. She caught Lena's eye and smiled. Lena blushed and smiled back and waved her hand. She seemed to be in a better mood. Kara had to remember to ask her about her reaction to her old school later. After kissing her for a few hours Kara added in her head.

Soon the feast wrapped up and the students were allowed to go to their dormitories for the night. The moment they were dismissed Kara ran to Lena hugging her from behind and placing a kiss upon her cheek. She giggled and held on to her tighter.

"Staring at you from across the tables was sweet and all but I prefer being next to you."

Lena smiled at Kara lovingly, "I prefer being next to you as well. Distance from you never suited me well."

Kara laughed, "And to think just last year you were trying to give me some excuse on why we couldn't be friends and all."

Now it was Lena's turn to laugh as they exited the hall and met up with their friends, "Hey! I wanted you I wasn't used to someone wanting to be my friend, especially someone as warm and kind as you."

They joined their friends and just as they were going to head to their dormitories a voice called out behind them.

"Hey Luthor."

Kara turned around, a Beauxbaton girl with long chestnut hair and deceptive brown eyes walked slowly towards them. She wore a smug smile and Kara swore that as she walked towards them it was like a challenge in her stride for anyone to dare be better than her.

Who the fuck is this?

Lena tensed up in Kara's arms, hesitant to turn around. She seemed to silently roll her eyes up and whisper something before turning around to greet the voice.

"Hello Sam."

The girl's smile became even more smug which Kara didn't even think was possible.

"I see you and your evil ass brother are still trailing around together."

Lex smirked beneath his curls, "I'd say it was a pleasure to see you Samantha but truthfully I'd thought we'd finally gotten rid of you when we left the academy."

Kara interrupted, "Sorry, what am I missing here?"

The girl, Sam, looked Kara up and down slowly determining how much of a threat Kara was.

Kara stood up straighter, this girl may have been from a prestigious academy but she sure as hell didn't scare her.

Lena cleared her throat, "Um Kara this is Samantha Arias... she's my ex."

Kara could feel the others gasp behind her, but she herself seemed at a loss for words.

The awkward silence didn't last long as Winn piped up,

"Uhh well welcome to Hogwart's."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253 15 15
It's been a year since Darkseid was defeated. National city has had a year of peace. So why not finally get married? I mean nothing could happen righ...
9.5K 490 15
(AU Hogwarts) In Kara's fifth year at Hogwarts she meets mysterious siblings, Lex and Lena Luthor. Upon Kara's first sight of her she can't shake the...
892 61 8
Supergirl travels to another dimension to save the multiverse but soon discovers that Lena and Kara are married there, and it awakens her feelings fo...
92.3K 3.4K 20
When a fifth dimension's imp gives Kara one wish and she accidentally wishes for something when she gets mad at James her world turns up side down. S...