Friends with the Football Team

Just_peachy21

Book 1 in the "Friends with the" series Being the only girl in a male family is a little harder than it seem... Еще

Character aesthetics
1~ Greenhill
2~ Football Boys
3~ Sleepover
4~ Dinner with the Erickson's
5~ Football Practice
6~ Pickles
7~ Kenzie's Crush
8~ Snow Cones
9~ Mad Woman
10~ Pool Day
11~ The Great War
12~ Summer Game
13~ New Friend
14~ BaByQ
15~ Parent's Night Out
16~ Stargazing
17~ Never Been Kissed
18~ Road Trip
19~ Beach Day
20~ Last Day
21~ Dancing in the Rain
22~ Happy Birthday Snowflake
23~ Good in Red
24~ Love at First Bark
25~ Surprise
26~ Laser tag
28~ Drive In
29~ First Day of School
30~ Deep Talks
31~ #1 in My Heart
32~ The Fight
33~ The End
Bonus Chapter~ Date Night
Friends with the Frat!
10k!

27~ School Shopping

5.2K 59 9
Just_peachy21

"Hey Dad, can I use your credit card today? The girls and I are going school shopping today and I need money." I asked as I plopped down on the couch next to him and Harper.

"As long as you don't spend all my money on clothes and stuff you don't need." He answered with a laugh. He pulled out his wallet and handed me his credit card.

"Great thanks Dad" I kissed his cheek and ran back up to my room to get ready.

The boys were all at Cole's, but I had my girls date planned all week so I opted out.

I put on my black ripped denim shorts and a black and white leopard print tank top. I paired it with my white air forces and simple jewelry and I was ready. I left my hair down.

After I sprayed my perfume, I heard the door open and Dad calling me from downstairs. The girls were in their way up to my room.

They busted in with excitement. Bandit jumped up off my bed to greet them. They happily obliged to his begging for pets.

"Are you ready to go shopping?" Remi squealed as she jumped on my bed.

I swiped chapstick across my lips and grabbed my wallet and phone. "Okay I'm ready let's go"

We walked downstairs. Bandit followed at our ankles.

"Wait who's driving?" Lena asked as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"We only have Dad's car here so I vote one of you two" I said. The boys took their cars to Cole's house.

"I'll drive" Remi said and pulled her keys out of her purse.

I smiled over at Dad and Harper cuddled on the couch together. I walked over and hugged and kissed Dad. "Bye Dad, we're going shopping for school stuff. I think we're going to grab lunch first though. I don't really know how long we're going to be gone, but I guess we'll be back soon. I've already fed Bandy this morning and I should be here in time for his second feeding"

"Okay. We're having the Erickson's over for dinner, be back before then please" he said. "And don't spend all my money on clothes, school stuff only please"

"You got it, I love you Dad" I hugged him one last time.

"I love you too, Coco" He laughed.

I hugged Harper too. "Bye Harper, I'll see you later I guess"

"Bye Cora" She smiled at me.

The girls and I headed out to Remi's car. Lena got in the back, I got in the passenger seat, and Remi obviously got in the driver's seat. I immediately grabbed the AUX and began to play music for the three of us to jam to as we made our way to Riley's.

"Aren't you guys excited for school? I personally can't wait." Lena said from the back.

"I just don't want school to be over" Remi admitted. "This has been one of the best summers I've ever had. I met Cor and her brothers, I became friends with half of the football team, I met Lena, and I had a vacation that I could never forget. I just don't want it all to end."

"But think of all the things we'll gain when school starts." I started. "We'll still be friends with all the boys, we might sit with them at lunch, there'll be pep rallies, Friday night lights, victory parties, and let's not forget that we will see each other everyday and get to have Friday night sleepovers." I listed all the things good about the fall.

They both nodded in agreement. "You're right, maybe it won't be so bad after all"

"Okay but is everything good about fall, football season to you" Lena joked.

We laughed and I shrugged my shoulders. "That's how we roll" I said as Remi pulled into Riley's parking lot. I realized that some of the boys' cars are here, including Will's truck. They must've come for lunch.

We all walked into the restaurant and the boys were all sitting in the corner booth. None of them noticed us as we walked in. I saw the perfect opportunity to scare the hell out of Coop. I put an evil smile on my face as I walked over to the boys. Will and a few other boys saw me, but I put my finger to my mouth, hoping they got the hint.

Coop still had his back to me when I came right up behind him. I grabbed his shoulders and screamed in his ear. He jumped up from his seat and screamed like a little girl. We all busted into laughter. Coop glared over at me.

"Cora Maeve Barnes you scared the ever loving shit out of me" He growled with a hand over his heart. His face was bright red.

"Sorry Coop all is fair in love and war" I shrugged. Will scooched his way out of the booth.

He wrapped his arms around me and lightly kissed my head. "Hey darling."

"Hey babe" I reached up and pressed a quick kiss to kiss lips. It wasn't long enough to satisfy me, but my brothers and their friends were here. No one wanted to see us kiss right now. I turned to the table and ultimately my brothers.

"I thought y'all were going to Cole's?" I said interrogatively. 

"We got bored and hungry so we came here" Connor shrugged.

"You do know, y'all have to be home by dinner, right?" I asked the boys. Sometimes they don't listen and end up not having any idea what's going on.

They assured me that they know we're having dinner with the Erickson's tonight and they'll be there on time.

"Cor, we got you chilly cheese fries and a root beer" Lena announced as she walked over to me and the boys.

"Thanks guys" I said.

Connor was the next to get out of the booth. "Hey babe" He said before crashing his lips on Lena's without a care in the world who was watching.

"Hey baby" She smiled as they pulled away.

"Ugh y'all are gross." Remi stated and stuck her tongue out in disgust. I pretended to gag and vomit.

She rolled her eyes at us.

"We've got to get going," Cole said.

All the guys all nodded in agreement and started to get up and grab their drinks. They said their goodbyes and left Riley's.

"Looks like we're out of here" Will kissed my cheek. "Bye snowflake" he smiled at me.

"Bye Will" I waved at him. "I'll see you tonight" I smiled.

He blew me a kiss and left with all the other boys. I shook my head at him as he almost ran into the door when he was walking out. He was a dork, but he was my dork nonetheless.

The girls and I quickly ate so we could go to the store to get our school shopping done. We spent a total of thirty minutes eating. We really couldn't wait to go shopping.

I was really excited when we left the house, but the closer we get to it the more I think about how school is going to affect my relationships with my friends and boyfriend. This summer has been a dream and I don't want school to be the nightmare that wakes me up. A knot curled up in my stomach just thinking about it.

"Cora" Remi said and pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"I said we got here. Are you okay? You look a little pale" She worried and put a hand up to my face.

I took her hand off of me and gave her a small reassuring smile. "I'm fine. I was just lost in thought. Let's go shopping"

"That sounds good to me" Lena said and hopped out of Remi's car.

Remi looked worried but we followed Lena out of the car. Remi and Lena pulled me into the store and into the school section. They squealed with excitement and grabbed a shopping cart.

For the next hour, we talked about school, what we would wear on the first day, the teachers, and pretty much everything that comes with starting school.

"I just feel bad for the class that has Mrs. Atkins. She's so strict and if she doesn't like you she calls you out for everything." Remi shuddered at the thought.

Why did that name sound so familiar?

"I hope I don't have her class" Lena said.

"You probably won't. She's a sophomore and junior English teacher. Not many people like her."

I just realized why her name sounded familiar and I stopped in my tracks. "Wait, you mean she could be my English teacher?" I asked, fearful of the answer.

Remi nodded slowly. "Yeah, but she'll probably like you. You're nice and I don't think anyone could hate you" she waved me off.

"I think it might be too late for that." They both looked at me in confusion. "One day I was with Will at the store, we were just messing around and she got all angry at Will because he 'wasn't showing proper behavior in public'" I air quoted. "I got so mad and I told her in so many words to f off."

"You what?" Lena laughed.

"You are literally my hero" Remi laughed.

"She's going to hate me now. I should've kept my mouth shut. Now she'll hate me and I'll probably fail English class" I groaned.

Remi laughed at me. "She doesn't fail people just because she hates them. She's just really hard on them. Don't worry it's not the end of the world. She probably won't even recognize you"

We were there for almost another thirty minutes before we checked out and went back to my house. The girls both had to go once we got there, but we had fun for the day anyway. I waved goodbye as I walked inside. The boys' cars were here as well as Will's.

As soon as I walked in the door, Kenzie and Will fought their way to me. Kenzie won and got to hug me first. I laughed and gave her a big hug. I haven't seen her in a while.

"Hey Kenz" I smiled.

"I missed you, Cor. You've spent too much time with my brother and not enough with me" She complained.

"Don't blame me, blame Will. He's the one who hasn't taken me to see you"

She turned to punch Will in the arm.

"Ken, don't punch your brother" Micheal chastised from the living room.

She mumbled something under her breath and followed her dad. Will hugged me without a second to lose. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. He picked me up and spun me around. He kissed me softly. I loved it when he greeted me like this.

"Hey" He said softly as he gently placed me back on the floor.

"Hi" I giggled. "Wanna bring my school supplies to my room?" I asked after I decided to be lazy and let my boyfriend do all the work.

He nodded and grabbed the majority of the bags from the store while I grabbed a few. We hauled the bags up to my room.

"Where do you want them?" He asked.

I nodded over to my bed and set them there. He sat there himself. I put the bags I had in my hand on the bed. Before I had the chance to move, Will grabbed me by the hand and pulled me into him.

I giggled as I fell into him and he laid back on the bed. "Will" I squealed.

He crashed his lips into mine and cupped his hand on my cheek. I kissed him back passionately. He pressed me into him with a hand into the small of my back.

"Will, our families are downstairs, we have to go socialize and eat dinner" I giggled and kissed him one more time before I climbed off of him.

He stood up with me. "Just one more?" He asked with puppy dog eyes.

I reached up and kissed him. "You're a dork" I rolled my eyes at him.

A whine pulled me away from him and at Bandit's crate. I just realized he was in here all locked up. No wonder he didn't greet me at the door like he normally did. Why is he in here? He's great around people and he loves everybody here.

I walked back downstairs with Will, confusion evident on my face.

"Dad, why is Bandy locked in my room?" I asked.

I walked into the kitchen and Harper was there holding a little girl. She looked a lot like her. I assumed this was her daughter.

"Cora, this is Harper's daughter Skylar"

"Hi Skylar, I'm Cora" I cooed at the child. She looked like she was around four years old.

She looked at me in confusion. She probably didn't know what was happening.

"H-hi" She waved at me.

"Dinner's ready" Dad called and we all went to the table together.

I sat next to Will and Kenzie. The dinner was amazing. Dad made burgers and everybody thought they were amazing as they should. Dad's burgers were the best on the planet and no one could convince me otherwise.

After dinner, all the kids decided to go to the loft and watch a movie. The silence brought the thoughts of earlier to my mind. Soon enough my mind was filled with what ifs and worries about school.

"We need to talk" Will whispered in my ear. He slowly stood up and held out his hand for me.

I took his hand with my mind racing and wondering what it could be about. We walked to my room.

"Door open" Connor warned. Neither of us touched the door and he brought me to sit on my bed.

"I can tell you're worried about something. You've been really quiet since dinner." Will said and pressed a kiss on my cheek. "Talk to me, Snowflake. What's wrong?"

"I'm worried about school. I don't want summer to end. It's been the best summer ever and I don't want it to ever stop."

"I don't want it to either, but life goes on." he smiled. "That's not it, is it?"

"Will, you're going to be a senior and I'll be a junior. We won't have most of the same classes. We won't see each other as much. It's not like summer where we can see each other whenever we want. We'll hardly see each other" I ranted.

"And what about everyone else? Or Bandit? He's going to be alone all day everyday for a week. What if something bad happens to him and I won't be here?"

Will took my hand is his and rubbed it comfortingly. "Cora, snowflake, sunshine, marshmallow, babe, darling, love, I will always have time for you. I will see you everyday at school and after school and at football practice. I'll take you on dates every weekend, if that's what it takes. I promise I will try my hardest to make this relationship work. As for Bandit, he'll be fine. He'll get used to it eventually."

I looked at him. "How did I get so damn lucky to have you?" I smiled.

"I think it's the other way around babe" he smiled and kissed me. He cupped my cheek and deepened the kiss.

We pulled away and kept our foreheads touching. "I promise to never let you feel alone, or unappreciated. To me, you are the most important person and I never want to make you feel otherwise, okay?"

I nodded and pressed a soft kiss on his lips. "I don't want to go back out there" I admitted.

"Me either" He laid back on my bed and motioned for me to lay with him. I laid back and he wrapped his arms around me and we stayed there for the rest of the night, or at least until he left.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Head Over Heels Stephanie Zimmerman

Подростковая литература

127K 2.6K 38
Lila Daniels has spent all of her life living under the protective wings of her three older brothers, Charlie, Lucas and Tucker or in the gymnastics...
Friends with the Frat Kyla Grace

Подростковая литература

47.4K 623 38
Book 2 in the "Friends with the" series After a summer of fun with Will, Cora has to go back to her small town in Texas. She is bummed about her new...
Pregnant By Dad's Best Friend #1 Leona Miller

Любовные романы

203K 2.8K 16
Age gap series #1 (WILL BE BACK WITH PART 2 SOMETIME SOON) ____________ Angel Thomas: An eighteen-year-old high school student who happened to fall i...
My Brother's Best Friend 2 | ✓ ✨whiterose✨

Подростковая литература

367K 9.7K 25
This story can be read as a stand-alone but it's recommended to read My Brothers best friend to understand as this is a continuation of that story. H...