Brooklyn Boys|Marvel x Male OC

By cj_writes_310

After his two best friends join the war, Lawrence 'Laurie' Marty Emerson accepts the opportunity to join Pegg... More

1 - December 25th, 1938
2 - The Expo, 1943
3- The Serum Project
4 - In The Field
5 - "Our Trio's Down To Two", 1945
6 - Alone Again
7 - The S.S.R., 1946
8 - On The Job
9 - Progress
10 - Truth
11 - Belarus
12 - Capture
13 - The First Mission
14 - Ohio
15 - The Winter Soldier
16 - Sokovia
18 - The New Life
19 - Ultron
20 - The Battle of Sokovia
21 - The Compound
22 - Training
23 - Happy Birthday!
24 - Trouble
25 - Even More Trouble
26 - Yet More Trouble
27 - Siberia
28 - Home
29 - Threats From Outer Space
30 - Wakanda/Tragedy
31 - Downtime
32 - Tony's Back
33 - What Now?
34 - Back In Brooklyn
35 - Five Years Later
36 - Time Travel?
37 - Running Tests
38 - Time Travel!
39 - The Battle
40 - The Funeral
41 - 'Captain America'
Author's Note - Update on the Story

17 - The Avengers

773 23 0
By cj_writes_310

The building I live in is on the outskirts of  the town, it's a small but liveable building. It's a few stories tall and I live on the top floor. Pietro informed that the rent isn't too bad, and that the Landlord would pay for my first month while I get some money for myself. I've got a job at a construction site to earn some money for a while- they were wondering how I could move the heavier things, but of course I couldn't tell them.

My part of the apartment isn't very big, but I prefer it that way. The kitchen and living room are in one, like a studio apartment, with a murphy bed for the couch and the bed. The bathroom is pretty small as well but that's fine. Wanda and Pietro got me a few decorations for the flat, a journal or two after I told them what I could remember about my past, along with a sketchpad and some pencils. The main windows overlook the bustling streets of Sokovia. People going between different market stalls and back and forth between town and their homes.

I change into my regular clothes - black jeans and t-shirt with a casual blue blazer - and head out into the market. When I get out the front door, Pietro is leaning against the wall and Wanda is talking to someone across the street.

"Mornin', Pietro." I nod, slinging my bag onto my back.

"Morning, English." He chuckles, throwing an apple up and down in his hand.

"That's a new one," I laugh, walking over to Wanda, "hey."

"Laurie, hi." She smiles.

The three of us head into the market so I could get a few supplies for the week. After, we wander aimlessly around the town, talking about our childhoods and how my previous life was very different to theirs.

"How did you get around to being with Hydra anyway?" I question, both of them going quiet for a few moments.

"When we were ten," Pietro begins, "Wanda and I were having dinner with our parents and the city was bombed."

"He grabs me and we hide, with one bomb still in sight," Wanda continues, "and one word painted on the side."

"Stark." Pietro says.

"Stark?" I question, "like Howard Stark?

"Yes."

"I know Howard from the S.S.R."

"Laurie," Pietro sighs, "Howard was killed in 1991."

"What?" I gasp softly.

"His son, Tony, took over the Stark Industries business." He replies.

"Wow," I sigh, a slight lump in my throat, "I really wanted to see him again."

"What was he like?" Wanda asks.

"One of the most intelligent people you'll ever meet," I laugh slightly, "yeah he would get distracted every so often but he had some brilliant ideas."

"We worked on the pod that Captain Rogers used for the serum," I trailed off into a different thought, "you know Captain America, right?"

"Yeah," Pietro nodded, "he came out of the ice two or three years ago."

"I thought he died."

"What do you mean?"

"I was friends with him growing up but I lost him on a mission."

"Laurie," Wanda says, "your friend is still alive."

"How?"

"He was frozen in ice for around 70 years and he's now part of the Avengers."

"Avengers?"

"A team of enhanced individuals, led by Tony Stark or the 'Iron Man.'" Pietro rolls his eyes.

"Who else is an Avenger?"

"Uh, Hulk, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye. They-"

"Hold on," I interrupt Wanda, "Black Widow?"

"Natasha Romanoff. Why?"

"I- she was- I worked in the Red Room unit at Hydra and Natalia was there." I pause for a few moments, trying to process what I've just been told.

"Is there any way I could get to Steve or Natasha?" I question again.

"If you're trying to stay hidden from authorities," Pietro answers, "no."

"Great." I sigh.

~~~~~~

A years passes and I still live in Sokovia. I've been working on the construction of a block of flats for a few months and have managed to blend in with the locals. I head back into town after I finish my shift, to notice a few odd things about the fort that stands across the river. There's a lot of shouting mixed with screaming and gunshots, a few explosions and someone flying up to it.

Suddenly, something very unfamiliar happens. Blue and sliver robots land in front of citizens, telling us that "this quadrant is unsafe" and "we are here to help." I stare at them for a moment or so before I notice the Stark Industries logo on them. I sprint back to my apartment and call both Pietro and Wanda, only to have no one to pick up either phone. I rush back out onto the street and towards the forest, realising that this was probably a dumb idea but I've already committed to it.

On top of a heap of snow, I observe the battle. People in black suits with the Hydra logo sprint towards a woman in a Black Widow suit, a man with an arrow, one with a red cape and long blond hair, a green-skinned man and Captain America. Captain America?! Steve! I sprint towards him, knocking out a few Hydra Agents on the way. I get yelled at a few times by both the Hydra Agents and who I believe to be the Avengers. I skid across the snow to Steve, grabbing his attention.

"Steve!" I yell, as he quickly turns around.

"Laurie?!" he shouts, surprised and confused, "what are you doing here?"

"Just found an... old friend." he says to someone after I hear a faint murmur.

"It's a long story." I chuckle slightly.

"You see that jet over there?" he says, "go hide in there. I'll come get you in a bit."

"Steve, let me-"

"Go!" He yells, pointing to the jet. Just as I go to leave, the woman in the Black Widow suit lands next to me from jumping off one of the ledges.

"Laurie!" she smiles as I stare at her blankly, "it's me, Natalia."

"Natalia?" I gasp, "oh my god." She quickly pulls me into a hug, then stands in disbelief.

"Nat! Get Laurie to the Quinjet!" Steve shouts as Nat leads me to the plane.

"Wait here." She says, and heads back into the field.

Shortly after, the blond man carries one of his teammates into the jet and lays him on the table.

"What happened to him?" I question.

"Who are you?" The man says, his voice deeper than most.

"I'm Laurie," I smile, "I'm a friend of Steve and Nat's."

"Wait," the man on the table winces, "are you the Laurie?"

"The Laurie?"

"Nat told me a lot about you," he smiles, clutching his side, "I'm Clint and he's Thor."

"Thor? Like the Norse God of Thunder?"

"Yes, yes, that's me." Thor chuckles and walks out the jet.

"Is he going to help you with your injury or?"

"More than likely not," Clint laughs, "I wouldn't expect him to."

"Do you want some help?" I chuckle.

"Sure." He agrees and I help him with his wound.

"What happened anyway?" I ask.

"Some punk ran past me and caught my side; he was too quick to see though."

"Did he say anything?"

"All he said was 'you didn't see that coming' then he ran off." He mocks the person.

"Pietro." I whisper to myself.

"Who?"

"Just a friend from around here." I smile and Clint nods.

"Alright, that's it, all wrapped up!" one of the men say as the rest of the team enter the jet, "why is there a slightly abandoned looking man sitting in my jet."

"Tony, that's my friend Laurie," Steve says, "Tony, Laurie Emerson, Laurie, Tony Stark."

"Stark?" I question.

"Emerson?" Tony asks at the same time as me.

"I'm confused," says a sheepish man, "what's going on?"

"You're Tony Stark?" I ask, "son of Howard Stark?"

"Yep," he smiles, "and you worked with him at the S.S.R."

"Yes, that's me." I sigh.

"Wait, you're British?" Nat asks.

"And he's British," I laugh, mocking an American accent, "sorry."

"Can we get back to the tower before I die?" Clint asks.

"By the way," Steve begins, "that's Doctor Bruce Banner." He points to the one person I hadn't been introduced to yet.

"What does Clint mean by 'the tower'" I question.

"The Avengers Tower in Midtown Manhattan," Steve answers, "it's where we live."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.1K 2.3K 13
๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ฆ | "ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ (ส/ษด) แดขแดสŸแดสœแดแด  ส€แด‡แดœษดษชแด›แด‡s แดกษชแด›สœ สœแด‡ส€ sษชsแด›แด‡ส€s." โง— ะฒฯƒฯƒะบ ฯƒฮทั” ฯƒฦ’ ั‚ะฝั” zฯƒโ„“ฯƒะฝฯƒฮฝ ั•ั”ัฮนั”ั• "๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™™๐™ง๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ช๐™จ ๐™–๏ฟฝ...
298 10 12
~PSA~ this is the scrapped version of this story, so please go to my page and click on the more recent one. thank you!!!! Jeanette Carter never exact...
8.4K 121 91
Three friends are challenged and separated thanks to the tragedies of war. But a USO tour brings two together once again and the three are soon reun...
12.5K 580 23
~~Completed~~ Margaret had arrived almost 6 months ago now to visit her friend Natasha. After being rescued from the Red Room when she was just a you...