Unique | Charles Xavier I

By shortfilipino

Bethany McCoy, originally known as Bethany Daniels, is now part of the first class of X-men. At a young age... More

CAST + PLAYLIST
0 - Prologue
1 - Mutant Relations
2 - Friendly Conversation
3 - Mutant Scouting
4 - Day out with Charles
5 - Code Names
6 - Sebastian Shaw
7 - Xavier Mansion
8 - Too Much Thinking
9 - I love you, too
10 - Today's the day
11 - Please, do not.
12 - Loss
13 - Kiss and Tell
15 - Epilogue
Sequel
Trilogy
A/N

14: Shackles and Chains

5.4K 134 0
By shortfilipino

Beth had her hair pulled back in a tight bun as she spoke to the small group of students in front of her, she was entrusted to teach history, engineering, and mathematics to the students. It was weird thinking that the school had been opened for a while now. Moira was still having issues with the CIA, especially when it came to the location of the Xavier mansion which was kept a secret for the safety of the mutants who lived inside of it.

Once class was dismissed the hoard of children bustled out into the halls, followed by Beth. She looked outside the window and saw Charles speaking with Moira. It was weird thinking that she was kissing and was with Charles but neither had particularly spoken about what they were to one another. They just clicked together like a puzzle piece.

"Miss McCoy." A young boy reached out to her, he was barely eight years old, "Is Professor Xavier and that lady together?"

Beth had felt a clenching in her chest, a lot of the children had asked her that, especially when Moira would come to visit, "No, Tyler, they are not together."

"So, how many students do you have now?" Moira asks while looking up at the large mansion, Alex outside with some of his students. Charles was proud of how far Sean and Alex came, especially to deal with students.

"Uh..." Charles pursed his lips, "Beth is usually the one who keeps track of those numbers, but I can give you a rough estimate."

Moira stopped wheeling him forward, she slowly walked around to face him, "You know, I'm working really hard. Soon the government is going to realize how lucky they were to have Professor X on their side."

"Oh, I suppose I am a real Professor now, aren't I?" Charles spoke teasingly, he quite enjoyed his talks with Moira, there was some sort of normality when she was around, "Next thing you know I will be going bad." Moira's laughter made him smile, "You know we are still on the government's side, right? We're still G-men, but without the G."

"No, you're your own team now. It's better, you're..." Moira breathed in with a small smile, "X-men."

"Yes." Charles chuckled, "I like the sound of that." He leaned forward in his seat, "Moira, for us, anonymity is our first line of defense."

Moira crouched down now, so her face was in front of his, "I know, they can threaten me all they want, Charles. I'll never tell them where you are. Ever."

"I know you won't."

"I thought you said they weren't together?"

Beth gave Tyler a confused expression and looked back out the window, a frown quickly replaced her confusion. She had absolutely no idea what was going on down there, only this feeling of intense jealousy in the pit of her stomach. She knew that Charles would never dare to cheat on her or play around with her feelings, but it hurt to see his lips on someone else's. This was a feeling that Beth had not felt in a long time. Her hands ruffle Tyler's hair, "Why don't you go find some of your friends, they must want to play?"

"Okay, Miss McCoy."

Beth rubbed her palms along the front of her jeans, the adjusted the belt around her waist and with a huff walked outside. Alex looked up from his class and saw her going towards the front gate, "Beth, where are you going?"

"I need some air, I'll be back later." Beth pulled her hair down, "I just want to cool off."

Beth stuffed her hands into the back pockets of her jeans, her eyes down on the pavement as she paced along the sidewalk. There had to have been a reason for Charles to kiss Moira, there must have been a really good reason for it. But nothing could come to Beth's mind. She still never forgave Moira for what happened in Cuba, there was still part of her that blamed Moira for what happened to Charles, but he had forgiven her so easily.

"God..." Beth breathed out, "Why must girls have such convoluted feelings like this?" The metal on her belt was suddenly being tugged in a specific direction, "Erik, what are you doing here?" When she turned to face him, she realized just how far she walked from the mansion, "No, what is it that you need?"

Erik stood, his arms crossed over his chest, wearing the same helmet that Shaw created, "Beth, I have come to ask for your assistance."

"What exactly do you need my assistance for?" Her eyes squinted in his direction, her trust with him was wary.

"You care for every mutant alive, correct?"

Beth continued to eye him, waiting for what he was really after, "Of course, I do."

"Then you will agree with me when I say we must free Emma." Erik took a step towards Beth, who took a step back, "I need to get Emma out of the CIA's confinement but I need your help with this."

Part of Beth was screaming and telling her to disagree with him and go back to the mansion, to tell Charles that she had seen Erik and that he was trying to break into another CIA base. But her feelings were being jumbled around in her brain, she was clearly upset with Charles and her sense of judgment flew out the window, "Fine. How long will this take?"

"Not long." Erik spoke out, he reached out to take Beth's hand in a similar fashion from when he took Raven from them, "Come, Azazel shall bring us."

Azazel appeared beside him, his own eyes looking warily at Beth. He did not seem to want to trust her but Mystique and Erik did.

Beth looked down at Erik's hand before she took hold of it, once inside the CIA facility Azazel gave her a wink and then disappeared. In confusion, Beth looked around the area wondering where she was.

***

Beth screamed loudly as she thrust her legs in the air, kicking the ground heavily. Erik had tricked her, Azazel had tricked her. They needed a distraction so they could get Emma out of the facility, and Beth was that distraction. Her arms were bound back to the wall with needles pressed into her birthmarks, preventing her from using her mutations to escape. She wore the very same clothes she had on the day she left the mansion. Beth was not sure the date anymore other than it being far past a week since she's been locked up. She continued to curse and scream, cursing Erik the most. He tricked her into this. She trusted him, even after everything he did on Cuba. She used that sliver of hope that he was a good person to agree, but now she was bound to a wall.

She remembered for a minute seeing Moira but the woman had walked passed as if Beth was not even there. This made her even angrier and more upset.

Beth couldn't remember the date anymore, it felt like years since she's been locked up deep inside the CIA base. She was broken. Mad. Upset. Every emotion that did not involve happiness. It was like she had forgotten the feeling of being happy. It had been so long, yet Henry, Sean, Alex, and especially Charles had not come to her rescue. She felt lucky that they did not experiment on her, simply because Moira put a stop to it. Apparently, she did not remember anything about the Xavier mansion, or them even meeting int he first place, yet there was this odd respect for Beth somewhere deep inside Moira that the woman could not place.

Beth did not know how long it has been anymore other than it has been more than one year by now. She heard talk about a war but was unable to uncover more. She had no more hope in her eyes, especially about leaving this place. Her hair was a mangled mess, dark circles brightened Beth's dull blue eyes, she even smelt like utter trash now. Moira had been the one coming in and giving Beth her lunch.

"Miss McCoy." Moira spoke softly, she remembered searching up the CIA database and found out that Beth had worked under Platt years ago, which caused even more sympathy for the shackled mutant, "The CIA has promised to let you leave, only if you tell them the location of some mansion."

Moira said every word slowly so Beth heard each and every one of them, she set the tray down with the food. She had to feed Beth the food since the people did not want to take any chances of her escaping. Moira purposely dropped the spoon, something Beth had caught since the woman was not that clumsy. She snuck a key into Beth's hand.

"Go fuck yourself." Beth's words were harsher now, "I refuse." Despite the feeling of resentment and betrayal that she had towards those at the mansion, she still cared about the students and personally wanted no harm to come to them.

Moira leaned forward in a hushed whisper, "When the lights go out, get out."

Beth spat at Moira's face, but Moira could not if it was purposeful or for show so the other agents would not get suspicious of her actions, "Fuck off!" Beth slumped back and waited for Moira to get up and leave. Silence drove Beth insane but whenever Moira would appear, it was something she craved. Moira was this constant reminder of the mansion and she did not want it anymore.

The lights had suddenly shut off around Beth, she could hear the worried yells from the agents. Beth unlocks the cuffs with the key while yanking the I.V. needles from her arms, she could already feel her energy returning to her. The lights go back on, allowing Beth to see where the door was now. She walked forward and pressed one of her hands against the metal, she melted right through the door.

"The prisoner has escaped!" An agent yelled from her right. Beth lifted her hand up, anger in her eyes as she froze the blood and water in his arms, making him scream in agony. She shut her hand into a fist and watched as his arms crumble like broken ice. She could hear the footsteps from outside the door. She waited patiently for them, taking all the water in the air and covered her arm, freezing it so it looked like a long dagger. As the troops marched in, Beth took this chance to slash them open. Multiple bodies fell to the ground, but Beth had made sure if they were alive or not. Though, she knew the extent of the injuries she had delt on these men.

Beth strode through the halls setting areas on fire to no other agents could get through. She saw Moira from one of the windows and gave her a small wave, then she winked and turned into one of the agents. It was surreal being outside after such a long time, especially to feel the sun on her face now.

"Find her!"

Beth followed the group of agents before she slipped away into a crowded area, turning into a new face. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 10.4K 32
War is brewing, and the people of Middle Earth are preparing for it. Among them is Averael: a Ranger from the North, and one of the last of the Duned...
26.7K 806 12
"All I know at the end of the day is you love who you love There ain't no other way If there's something I've learnt from a million mistakes You're t...
184K 6.8K 13
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
231K 6.4K 20
(Book 1) Elleanora Carter has been living with her grandfather, Professor Digory, from the tender age of 8 years old. Since arriving at the manor tha...