The Villain Integration Progr...

By Calybear7

It always felt like you didn't belong. Your parents were villains and you just didn't seem to fit that kind o... More

The Offer | Chpt 1
First Day | Chpt 2
Out of Place | Chpt 3
Scarface | Chpt 4
Lost Book | Chpt 5
The Girls | Chpt 6
The Boys | Chpt 7
A Halloween Party | Chpt 8
The Baked Goods | Chpt 9
Friends | Chpt 10
Embarassment | Chpt 11
Stitches | Chpt 12
Visiting | Chpt 13
Best Friends | Chpt 14
The Recording | Chpt 15
Enough Reason | Chpt 16
Decisions | Chpt 17
The Verdict | Chpt 18
My Birthday | Chpt 19
Romance | Chpt 20
Camp | Chpt 21
Toga | Chpt 22
Finding Out | Chpt 23
Copy Cat | Chpt 24
Can't Talk About It | Chpt 25
Romance Manga | Chpt 26
Hands | Chpt 28
Spin The Bottle | Chpt 29
New Family | Chpt 30
Laser Tag | Chpt 31
Basketball | Chpt 32
An In | Chpt 33
Date Night | Chpt 34
Secrets | Chpt 35
Hibiki | Chpt 36
Partnership | Chpt 37
The Package | Chpt 38
Signed | Chpt 39
Journaling | Chpt 40
Kirishima's House | Chpt 41
Romance Show | Chpt 42
Bakugo's House | Chpt 43
Snow-person | Chpt 44
Sedated | Chpt 45
'Villain' | Chpt 46
Color | Chpt 47
Ketamine | Chpt 48
Eating Habits | Chpt 49
Snakes | Chpt 50
Meeting Mom | Chpt 51
Picnic | Chpt 52
Change | Chpt 53
Winner | Chpt 54
The Future | Chpt 55

Effort | Chpt 27

5K 217 67
By Calybear7

Hello. Check out my Ko-fi! Link in bio

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I was sitting out at gym again. It was better for me and I knew that, but it was sort of alienating to be the only one not participating. The worse part was that everyone knew exactly why I was sitting out, which was pitiful. Sitting here, I started to think about everything and so I forced myself to roll out my ankles. I was just taking care of my muscles that was all.

I watched Mina glide past, some of her acid and Mina herself floating up after Uraraka managed to touch her. I wanted something to do and the book Bakugo had let me borrow was tucked safely in my bag. I had even put it in a plastic baggie to ensure that there was no chance of it getting wet. I, of course, didn't want to just read it out in the open in the off chance that someone figured out that Bakugo did in face read romance manga.

It was sweet really, such a touch terse guy indulging in the simple romantic clichés of writing. I had already breezed through half of it last night after returning to my dorm. It made me wonder if he really did like the idea of having someone romantic. This particular book was best friends to lovers and as my eyes trained in on Bakugo and Kirishima, it seemed like Kirishima might be the dense one. At first glance, you'd think that Kirishima was just so nice that he liked whoever he was talking to way to much. Bakugo obviously didn't want to accept any kind of attention like that, at least that's what he put forward. If Kirishima didn't so obviously like Bakugo, it would be apparent that Bakugo was pining for his best friend--just like in the book.

"Whatcha starin' at?" Mina asked, plopping down on the bench beside me. There was a soft hiss of residual acid tearing the paint off the bench seat.

"Nothing," I said, shaking my head.

"You bored?"

"Tell me about it," I sighed.

"You seem weird tired," she pointed out and I looked her way.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean...like sluggish," she added. "It would make sense that you are, given all the craziness, but I don't know you just seem subdued."

"I...don't know," I replied, shrugging my shoulders. "I kind of feel tired? But not like I can't get up or anything."

"Hmm, well take a little while to yourself today. Maybe we'll do face masks later or something," Mina suggested. I nodded and she got up to rejoin the class. I looked to see bloated handprints on the bench where Mina had been sitting.

After classes, I quickly finished the first volume of the manga. I decided to head over to Bakugo's dorm again, to get the second one if he'd let me. I knocked holding the baggie with the book inside. He opened it up, pulling out a ear bud to glare at me.

"The fuck you want?" he asked, clearly on his way to work out.

"I was just wondering if I could swap out this one for the second one to read," I said, pulling out the copy. He took it from my hand, leaving the door open and heading over to his bookshelf.

"Damn, did you even digest the book?" he asked, finding my quick reading to be discerning. "You're like shitty hair when he eats."

"I just read fast," I stated. He swapped out the book and handed me the second one. I put it in the bag, which Bakugo eyed.

"Why?"

"So it doesn't get wet," I pointed out, holding the second book to my chest. He narrowed his eyes, but grabbed his gym bag to let himself out and shut his door. "Thanks."

"Tch, whatever," he scoffed. I started on my way back to my dorm. "Oi wait."

"Hmm?" I hummed, turning around to face him again.

"What you just not going to talk about the book?" he asked, shaking his head and walking up beside me. "Come, we're going to the gym."

"I'm not allowed to--"

"I know, you'll fucking sit there," he scoffed, walking past me. I stood there for a flabbergasted minute before heading after him. It was quiet for a moment before he sighed. "This is the part where you talk about the book."

"Oh, right," I said, shaking my head. "Uhm...well I think Eichi is probably my favorite."

"You think Miyo should ended up with him?"

"Of course," I said. "They're best friends."

"Naoko."

"Oh, well he seems nice," I said. "But they just introduced him in the last chapter. I don't get what Miyo is so confused about."

"He's charming, duh."

"Yeah but Eichi has been around the entire time. He took care of Miyo when she was sick and everything."

"Naoko is new."

"I guess...you'd have to draw the line at loyalty somewhere. Maybe Naoko just seems like a nice option because Eichi and Miyo were friends first. I don't know, I'd have to read the second one," I said, entering the gym behind Bakugo.

"Oh hey! I didn't know you were coming with," Kirishima called. "Were you guys hanging out?"

"No, she came for the second book," Bakugo said, setting his bag down.

"Dang, fast reader huh?"

"It was a whole day," I stated, shrugging my shoulders. I sat down on a bench again, letting them set up. After a while, I felt as though I had been talking forever.

"You're fucking with me, there is no way that Miyo should've accepted Eichi's dumbass apology after he literally ditched her," Bakugo said, curling his bicep.

"He didn't mean to," I pointed out.

"No, that's stupid as hell."

"Maybe I should read it so I know what's up with your book club," Kirishima stated.

"What is there to really know?! How many times is Eichi going to fuck up before Miyo realizes that he needs serious fixing?"

"Bakugo, there's such a thing as forgiveness," I said.

"Don't fucking patronize me, he's a dick."

"This isn't fair, you just like Naoko because you've read the second book," I stated.

"Well then get fucking to it speed reader," Bakugo said, dropping the weights.

"Let me hop right on that, reading at the gym like a weirdo," I scoffed. I glanced over at Kirishima who was sat on a machine, smiling and glancing between us.

"The fuck are you looking at Shitty Hair."

"It's nice to see you bond," he stated.

"Oh gross, get the fuck out of here," Bakugo scoffed. Kirishima looked at me knowingly and I just smiled, shaking my head. I just sat back for the rest of the time, watching them. I figured that was what I was looking at earlier, or it had appeared that way. Mina had been speculating. Bakugo carried a lot of his muscles in his arms and his shoulders and it was extremely defined. He was very athletic looking and Kirishima had once said Bakugo was shaped like a dorito. It was true, Bakugo had a fit waist. As for Kirishima, he was muscular and very strong but was less defined. I had seen before that he had a soft stomach, which was extremely adorable. Everyone in class was fit for their quirk, as I had seen. Tsu was built like a swimmer, for obvious reasons, and Shoji had extremely muscular arms. The most powerful and impressive muscles I had seen were from Uraraka, who could squat more than any one else in the class.

"Ugh, I hate feeling so sweaty," Kirishima groaned and I stood up to follow them out. I received a message, I could feel by the buzz, so I took my phone out. I saw that it was Aizawa asking for my presence.

"I'll see you guys around," I stated.

"Where you going?" Kirishima asked, draping a towel over his head.

"Aizawa wants to see me," I replied, giving a soft wave to them.

"Later (y/n)," Kirishima called and I nodded, heading down to see Aizawa.

I was admitted into the teacher's lounge, receiving an almost noogie from Present Mic, accompanied by his friendly nickname 'oogs'. I placed a hand on my head, walking to sit across from Aizawa.

"So, I wanted to know what you were thinking about regarding Toga. I've made it abundantly clear to her case workers that if you were to go speak with her, that it would be for you. Not for the case," he stated.

"Mmm," I hummed uncomfortably, picking at the leg of my pants.

"You don't have to see her (y/n). If it's too much for you then we won't," he stated. I just glared at my legs, shivering slightly. As much as I didn't want to see her, I thought that maybe I could find some closure if I did. Maybe I wouldn't panic so hard every time I thought about what happened. I let out a sigh.

"I...want to."

My stomach immediately knotted up and I played with my fingers nervously.

"Today? Or another day."

"Today, I don't want to wait and stress," I said softly.

"You're absolutely sure."

"Yes."

Suddenly I was there. I didn't know if I had mentally blacked out, but I was standing on the side of one-way glass, feeling like shit now.

"You sure?" Aizawa asked and I looked his direction, nodding along like a liar. I was admitted and sat down across from Toga. She was sat, restrained and eyes narrowly watched me. I felt my heart racing, like I might just have a heart attack, despite the fact we had changed positions.

"Hi (y/n). You really miss me that much?" Toga asked. The sound of her voice sent my stomach plummeting towards the chair I sat upon. I looked over at her, knowing that she was scared. She didn't speak as confidently as she had, like she was trying to do. Her voice wavered just slightly and her expression was off. I held my hands in fists.

I had been here before. Aizawa had been in my chair and I had been where Toga was sitting. He had asked me what I wanted and I didn't know, snarky and sarcastic because I was alone. I had nobody.

"You're wrong," I said and Toga looked to me with an intense glare. "You were right about the part where we're alike, but you've got it wrong."

She was silent.

"I thought that I didn't have somewhere safe to go or have a home. But I do and that place exists for you too because we are the same. It hurts when people look at us with disdain. It hurts when we feel like we don't have family. It's just not true, I've figured it out," I said. "But the way that we're different is that I would never hurt you or anyone else. You hurt me. I'd just hope that maybe if given the opportunity you wouldn't choose to hurt anybody else."

Toga was still quiet. I didn't have much to say, that was really it.

"If they offer VIP to you, just take it. My kindness extends that far to you. Just don't come near me again," I said. Toga was still quiet and it seemed like I had shocked her. I probably had. That was fine, I didn't need a reaction. I stood up and they let me out of the room. Aizawa placed an arm around my shoulders, escorting me out. It seemed kind of pointless to come here and talk at her for 2 minutes, but it was necessary and Aizawa knew that.

I knew that.

When I returned, I went to find Mina so I could talk to her about what had happened. I wanted to clean out the last bits of my hesitancies. I found her in her room with Bakugo and Kirishima, the 3 of them talking about Kaminari and Sero. It was apparent that Sero had invited Kaminari exclusively somewhere, which seemed suspicious of their relationship.

I settled in, sitting on Mina's fluffy rug and letting her place pastel goop on my face.

"So where have you been?"

"I went to go see Toga," I said, Mina holding onto my chin gently so she could turn my face.

"Wait really? What for?" Mina asked.

"Aizawa asked if I wanted to and I just went," I said, letting out a sigh. My eyes flickered over to Kirishima, who had a ridiculous looking sheet mask on. It actually felt a little easier to think and talk in this environment, when it wasn't so serious. Bakugo, being the sourpuss that he was, was sitting out just in the environment to be here. He had perfect enough skin anyways.

"How are you feeling?" Kirishima asked.

"Fine. Kind of better," I said. I felt like I was always bringing the mood down and talking about myself, but that clearly wasn't the case considering my classmates, especially the group in the room wanted to know what had really happened.

"She say anything?" Mina asked.

"Not much. It was weird to see her again. In the time that I was with her, she spent most of it trying to convince me that we were the same. That I was no better than her or any other villain," I said. "I just told her that we were the same. The only difference would be that I actually have a real place to call home. I...kind of feel bad she's so disillusioned. She thinks the League is really her home, even if the other villains treat her well. I just told her to take a spot with VIP if they offer it to her. Just...stay away from me if she does."

I looked up to see that Mina was gripping her applicator and all 3 members of this dicussion were staring at me.

"...what?"

"You think here is home?" Mina asked, her voice wavering.

"...yes, I do," I replied, clasping my hands together. She gave me a sweet, solemn hug, rambling something about us being like sisters for life. I smiled slightly, placing arms around her as well. I glanced over at the boys, seeing them simply watching--each with a different expression.

"So...that's what happened to you?" she asked, letting go of me.

"Yeah. After Toga managed to get a hold of me, Dabi picked me up and took me to this abandoned office building. Eventually...All for One did come by. Before he went to fight All Might and everything, he let me know that he wasn't interested in me or any of the other children he may have bargained for. I was essentially...his failure, which was relieving to hear, but also a disappointment I suppose. After that, I saw...Bakugo was captured and rescued. Toga came by often for more blood to keep my image going. I thought that she might act like a villain and turn...me against you all? She never did, just wanting information from the inside but I doubt she got anything from you all," I explained, cringing before the next part. "So for a while she would come by and take more blood or...brush my hair...feed me...it was so strange. After a while it was hard to really hold my head up and she laid on heavy with the whole 'you and I are the same you know'. It scared me how compelling she was, but eventually I coaxed Kutsu out when she was gone and made a run for it. I've never been in a situation like that, to a point where Kutsu felt the need to really defend me and I couldn't stop him. All the times in my childhood when I felt...in danger, I was always able to keep him under wraps. I think after all that...I just couldn't stop myself from panicking you know?"

"(y/n)..."

"That's why I was probably all over Deku for a while, it wasn't me obviously. She would tell me all kinds of things about him. Whenever she mentioned you all, I was genuinely fearful that she would hurt you," I said. It was quiet. "That's the most I've ever spoken."

"I didn't know you could talk that much!" Mina said. "Oh...sorry is that rude?"

"No...I already said it," I said, smiling slightly. "I'm sorry to have worried you guys, sometimes it's hard for me to recognize that I actually have people thinking about me more than the average person."

"(y/n) are you kidding? Don't be sorry for anything. I'm...sorry you had to go through all of that. We're just all glad you're back," Kirishima said. I didn't mention running into the poor woman on the street heading back. That was another concern for another time.

"It's...in the past now," I said. "I figured that after seeing Toga again. Let's just talk about Kaminari and Sero being friends with benefits."

"Wh--where did you learn that??" Mina asked.

"...Kaminari."

"Figures," Bakugo scoffed. I glanced his way and he narrowed his eyes. "Fuck that chick Toga."

"Yeah...fuck her," I agreed. It was more complicated than that and I had a weird feeling I would hear more about her, but Bakugo was clearly making his version of an effort. I glanced to Kirishima who offered me a pitiful smile. I smiled back reassuringly.

"Okay, but Sero so totally flirts back but he definitely doesn't know," Mina said. "Kaminari just tries too hard and Sero is a criminal tease."

"They should just...kiss or something," I added, trying my best to add to the conversation. Mina snorted.

"Oh, they've had to have done more than that already and still just say no homo."

~Caly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 11.5K 35
[Completed] - (Y/n) is the oh-so-very lucky teenager who gets to experience life as a hero at the prestige hero's academy: UA high school. One littl...
969K 34K 55
L/N Y/N had been the centre of attention during her middle school years. Always being the one others would talk about, teachers taking full notice of...
123K 4.1K 31
f/n l/n was accepted into UA, even though she didn't pass any entry exam or physical test. The class who supposed to only be composed of 20 students...
327K 13K 51
(I do not own the cover picture or MHA/BNHA or most the characters in this story, I just own the plot and writing) (This story includes triggers, se...