Vellichor | S.R.

By grangerspureblood

"What's your favorite word?" he asked, making you knit your eyebrows together, blinking at him as your mind t... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22

23

1.2K 34 5
By grangerspureblood

Spencer followed through on his promise of protecting you. For the entirety of the case, he was attached to your hip. You wouldn't usually mind because it meant you could spend more time with him. However, after his actions on the jet, everyone was watching the two of you closely. Being a profiler yourself, you knew they would figure it out soon enough. The only reason they hadn't as of yet was because of your rule about no relationship activities on FBI property or cases.

But, when Spencer began to act the way he did, he showed the side of him that was fully concerned with your safety. You appreciated this, it made you love him even more. And it wouldn't be an issue except for the fact that in doing so, he had been touching you every moment including planting kisses on your forehead, holding your waist, and massaging your shoulders.

And for a supposed germaphobe, this was seen as weird. Especially to his team.

As he stepped near you to do one of those things, you flinched in your seat. Spencer looked hurt** but stopped in his tracks. "Y/N?"

"Reid, I think the geographical profile has an issue," JJ said from across the room, causing him to begrudgingly turn away from you. You stayed at the table, skimming through files, letting out a huff. Your eyeballs were stinging and you desperately needed caffeine. As you stood up and took a step, you began to feel light-headed all of a sudden.

"Spen" you breathed out as the room started spinning. One second you were standing, the next you felt a pair of arms around you as your eyelids drooped.

You awoke to Spencer's fingers raking through your hair as he flipped through the case files. He looked down at you, worry written across his features as he placed the files on the table next to him. "What happened?" you asked, trying to sit up.

"You fainted. And scared me, again," he replied, shaking his head as he pushed your shoulders down slightly, keeping your head in his lap.

"Everything just went dark I'm so sorry Spencer," you said, looking up at him. He looked down at you, frowning slightly. "Hey," you continued, reaching up to caress his face, "I'm alright. I had you to catch me."

"I'll always be there to catch you," he replied, smiling at you. You lifted yourself up, leaning on your elbows. "My love, perhaps I should take you back to the hotel so you can rest."

"No no, I'll be fine."

"Y/N, please," he pleaded, making you soften. You nodded, sitting up. Spencer stood up and held out his hand for you. You held it gently, ultimately wrapping your arm around his, holding him tightly. The room was still spinning and Spencer picked up on that.

"Maybe in a bit? I'm still a little dizzy and I have a feeling a car will make it worse."

Spencer nodded, sitting back down, repositioning your head in his lap. He played with your hair, telling you about the case so far. You listened patiently, closing your eyes due to the harsh light, and eventually dozed off. Spencer smiled, looking down at your peaceful figure.

You fell asleep for a bit, Spencer refusing to move until you woke up again. He pressed his lips to your forehead, hovering his body over yours. No one was currently at the station and yet he still felt the need to protect you, shielding you from the world.

"Spencer, you're stressing again," you muttered, pressing two fingers to his forehead. He smiled softly, shaking his head and relaxing his eyebrows.

"Move in with me," he said softly.

"What?" You asked, sitting up and turning so you were leaning against him

"Move in with me. I hate that you have to go home all the time. I know we don't live far but it's unnecessary. Just move in," he continued, holding your face in both of his hands.

You moved your hands, gripping his as they continued to hold your face. "Ok."

"Ok?"

"Yes Spence, I'll move in with you. I practically already live there," you replied. He smiled at you, holding your face lovingly. Your faces were close together, it would take just a few inches for your lips to meet his.

"Am I interrupting something?"

You and Spencer turned to see Morgan leaning in the doorway, his hands releasing your face but your hands still gripping his.

"Oh hey Morgan," you said nonchalantly, leaning away from Spencer. You could feel him stiffen as you did so. "Spencer was just telling me about something science-y."

"Y/N was still feeling a bit faint so I was just trying to help restore blood flow to her head. It's a procedure called CranioSacral Therapy that was invented in the 70s by a biomechanic at MSU," Spencer elaborated, trying his best to not blush as your hands, which were still holding his, sat in his lap. "It basically helps increase the rate at which your blood flows and thus causes those vessels to dilate. This allows for more oxygen and less feelings of lightheadedness, which are often caused by reduced blood flow or low glucose levels."

Morgan shook his head as Spencer rattled on about why someone could faint, smiling. "Ok Mr. Genius. How about you take our little lady here back to the hotel? It's getting pretty late and she should rest. Your science talk cannot be good for her brain in this moment."

Spencer nodded, standing up. You released his hands and wrapped an arm around his. "You ok?" he asked, looking down at you. You nodded, even though everything was still a bit hazy.

"I think I just need to hydrate and sleep."

"I told you it was too early for you to be back in the field."

"Reid I'm fine. Don't start," you argued, letting go of his arm. He felt you waver as you took a step away from him. Without a word, he wrapped an arm around your waist, his hand resting at the base of your ribcage, holding you up. You huffed, resigning to his hold on you as he led you out of the station to the cars. He opened the passenger door of the suburban, sliding his other arm under your legs and picking you up.

You frowned and looked away as he placed you on the seat. You hated being infantilized and that's exactly what was happening here. Spencer ignored you minor temper tantrum and closed the door, walking around to the drivers seat and sliding in. He leaned over and kissed your forehead. "I hover because I love you," he whispered before pulling away and putting the car into drive.

10 minutes later you were at the hotel. Everyone was paired up for rooms and you were with Spencer, again. Any other time and you would love it. But now, it felt like the universe was playing a joke on you. He got out, rushing to open the passenger door before you had the chance.

"Y/N, I'm going to pick you up again. I'm not trying to baby you, I just need you to get better soon and then you can kick my ass. Ok?"

You turned to look at him, a small smile on your lips. Of course he always said the right thing. You nodded, letting him lift you bridal style in his arms. He refused to put you down until you reached the room so you settled into his arms, your head tucked into his chest.

Having you in his arms made it a bit difficult to open the door. You laughed at him fumbling, taking the key card from his hands and slipping it into the notch. He blushed and kissed your forehead, closing the door and placing you on the bed. You looped your arms around his neck, smiling up at him. "I'm going to go and get your bag from JJ's car," he said removing your arms and moving away.

"Stay. I'll just have her leave it by the door," you replied, grabbing his arm.

"Y/N..."

You frowned. "Stay." Spencer hesitated and it was enough for you to pull him onto the bed. He landed halfway on top of you, his face inches from yours. "Kiss me," you whispered. Spencer flushed slightly before he looked into your eyes.

"You've had a long day," he said, trying to scramble off of you. "You need to rest."

"Stop telling me what to do!" You yelled, catching him off guard.

"I will when you start taking thing seriously!"

"You know what, stop treating me like I'm five years old!"

"Well then stop acting like it," he yelled back, heading for the door.

"You're being cruel," you said, your voice cracking. Spencer faltered, turning around to see you sitting on the bed, looking fragile as ever.

"Y/N, you have to understand," he began, sitting on the edge of the bed, his back to you as he held his head in his hands. "I need you to be safe."

You sighed, getting up and sliding yourself into his lap, holding his face in your hands as he did to you earlier. "I am safe. Whenever I'm with you."

"No. The only way you'll ever be safe is if you stay away from me, from the BAU, from profiling in general."

"I'm not doing any of that."

"But why not?" he asked, finally meeting your eyes. "Do you not love me enough?"

You shook your head, wiping away one of his tears. "It's simply because I love you too much. I'm never leaving you or this job or anything else that lets me stay close to you. So you better not change the locks on your apartment, well, our apartment."

The last part made Spencer's heart jump out of his chest. "I just need to know you're safe. I can't lose you."

"I am when I'm with you. And you're never losing me, promise." Spencer nodded, finally leaning in to kiss you. You smiled against his lips, deepening the kiss. Spencer pull away as your hand began fussing with his shirt.

"Not today," he said, grabbing your hands. You pouted, making him chuckle.

"You always say that."

"That is inherently false," he muttered, kissing you again softly. "I'm gonna go get you some water and something salty. Do not move until I get back."

You rolled your eyes and nodded, leaning against the headboard and crossing your legs. "I solemnly swear I will not move from this spot," you said as he left the room.

-

I am so terribly sorry for not updating sooner. Life got in the way but I'm back and I really want to finish this. I'm thinking 2-4 more chapters but we'll see how I feel as I tie up the loose ends. I hope you're all doing well!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 5.7K 30
"It's been awhile," I looked at him with a small smile. "What brings you back here? You're not here because you missed me, are you?" I raised my eyeb...
2.2K 20 24
Where the BAU's Genius Spencer Reid and Quanticos Best journalist Hazel Rossi met 5 months ago in a small coffee shop library in one. They both had b...
191K 3.9K 30
I wasn't like everyone else. When I was growing up, I didn't have any friends. My best friends were books. I read more than half the school library w...
434K 12.6K 48
in which a psychologist, who actually can figure out roman numerals, experiences 3 things along the way: a new, maybe not so new job a new, maybe n...