23

Spencer followed through on his promise of protecting you

Spencer followed through on his promise of protecting you. For the entirety of the case, he was attached to your hip. You wouldn't usually mind because it meant you could spend more time with him. However, after his actions on the jet, everyone was watching the two of you closely. Being a profiler yourself, you knew they would figure it out soon enough. The only reason they hadn't as of yet was because of your rule about no relationship activities on FBI property or cases.

But, when Spencer began to act the way he did, he showed the side of him that was fully concerned with your safety. You appreciated this, it made you love him even more. And it wouldn't be an issue except for the fact that in doing so, he had been touching you every moment including planting kisses on your forehead, holding your waist, and massaging your shoulders.

And for a supposed germaphobe, this was seen as weird. Especially to his team.

As he stepped near you to do one of those things, you flinched in your seat. Spencer looked hurt** but stopped in his tracks. "Y/N?"

"Reid, I think the geographical profile has an issue," JJ said from across the room, causing him to begrudgingly turn away from you. You stayed at the table, skimming through files, letting out a huff. Your eyeballs were stinging and you desperately needed caffeine. As you stood up and took a step, you began to feel light-headed all of a sudden.

"Spen" you breathed out as the room started spinning. One second you were standing, the next you felt a pair of arms around you as your eyelids drooped.

You awoke to Spencer's fingers raking through your hair as he flipped through the case files. He looked down at you, worry written across his features as he placed the files on the table next to him. "What happened?" you asked, trying to sit up.

"You fainted. And scared me, again," he replied, shaking his head as he pushed your shoulders down slightly, keeping your head in his lap.

"Everything just went dark I'm so sorry Spencer," you said, looking up at him. He looked down at you, frowning slightly. "Hey," you continued, reaching up to caress his face, "I'm alright. I had you to catch me."

"I'll always be there to catch you," he replied, smiling at you. You lifted yourself up, leaning on your elbows. "My love, perhaps I should take you back to the hotel so you can rest."

"No no, I'll be fine."

"Y/N, please," he pleaded, making you soften. You nodded, sitting up. Spencer stood up and held out his hand for you. You held it gently, ultimately wrapping your arm around his, holding him tightly. The room was still spinning and Spencer picked up on that.

"Maybe in a bit? I'm still a little dizzy and I have a feeling a car will make it worse."

Spencer nodded, sitting back down, repositioning your head in his lap. He played with your hair, telling you about the case so far. You listened patiently, closing your eyes due to the harsh light, and eventually dozed off. Spencer smiled, looking down at your peaceful figure.