Best to Have Met You | LK Ada...

By liliesandliliac

At a blood donation event, seeing a beautiful signature from one of the donors, she takes a piece of paper an... More

Note :
~ Prologue
Chapter 1: The Third Rib
Chapter 2.1: Diplomat
Chapter 2.2: Diplomat
Chapter 3: Support Group
Chapter 4: School Reunion
Chapter 5.1: Unusual Joint Roads
Chapter 5.2: Unusual Joint Road
Chapter 6.1: Right and Proper
Chapter 6.2: Right and Proper
Chapter 7.1: Attracting the Bees & Butterflies
Chapter 7.2: Attracting the Bees & Butterflies
Chapter 8.1: To Turn from Passive to Active Behaviour
Chapter 8.2: To Turn from Passive to Active Behaviour
Chapter 8.3: To Turn from Passive to Active Behaviour
Chapter 9.1: Know Whether It is Cold or Warm by Oneself
Chapter 9.2: Know Whether It is Cold or Warm by Oneself
Chapter 9.3: Know Whether It is Cold or Warm by Oneself
Chapter 9.4: Know Whether It is Cold or Warm by Oneself
Chapter 10.1: If You Don't Want to Hurt Me Then Don't Hurt Me
Chapter 10.2: If You Don't Want to Hurt Me Then Don't Hurt Me
Chapter 10.3: If You Don't Want to Hurt Me Then Don't Hurt Me
Chapter 10.4: If You Don't Want to Hurt Me Then Don't Hurt Me
Chapter 11.1: The First Snow
Chapter 11.2: The First Snow
Chapter 11.3: The First Snow
Chapter 11.4: The First Snow
Chapter 11.5: The First Snow
Chapter 12.1: The Most Pale Memories
Chapter 12.2: The Most Pale Memories
Chapter 12.3: The Most Pale Memories
Chapter 12.4: The Most Pale Memories
Chapter 13.1: What's Most Precious?
Chapter 13.2: What's Most Precious?
Chapter 13.3: What's Most Precious?
Chapter 13.4: What's Most Precious?
Chapter 13.5: What's Most Precious?
Chapter 14.1: To Understand, To Love and To Promise Ourselves to One Another
Chapter 14.2: To Understand, To Love and To Promise Ourselves to One Another
Chapter 14.3: To Understand, To Love and To Promise Ourselves to One Another
Chapter 14.4: To Understand, To Love and To Promise Ourselves to One Another
Chapter 14.5: To Understand, To Love and To Promise Ourselves to One Another
Chapter 15.1 : To Read You,Learn and Understand You for an Entire Lifetime
Chapter 15.2 : To Read You,Learn and Understand You for an Entire Lifetime
Chapter 15.3 : To Read You,Learn and Understand You for an Entire Lifetime
~ Epilogue 1:
~ Epilogue 2
Weibo Random Scenes 01
Weibo Random Scenes 02
100 Questions & Answers : 01
100 Questions & Answers : 02

Chapter 9.5: Know Whether It is Cold or Warm by Oneself

437 8 2
By liliesandliliac

It was shopping day again. Although it has been a while since the last shopping outing, she was still on the third day of her period. Why was her corpse being dragged out to be exposed to a scorching sun?

The weather in early December was cold, but with intense sunshine. Lisa was sitting on the stone stairway in the public square to wait for Mao Mao and Qiang Wei to come out from the opposite clothing store. Compare to the air conditioning inside, it was a bit safer to be exposed to a scorching sun during this particular period of time.

When she was bored to death from waiting, Lisa started to unconsciously hum the tune of songs but not very well. Until two kids ran over to ask for directions by saying: "Auntie, may I ask how to go to KFC?"

"Call sister, or else she will not bother to tell you." Two voices softly instructed them.

"Sister, may I ask how to go to KFC?"

Lisa: "......"

When Qiang Wei and Mao Mao came back, they saw Lisa giving directions to two kids. Mao Mao immediately criticised her: "Too appalling! How old are they ah yet you bullied them? Be careful brother-in-law sees this and exterminates you directly." After saying that she laughed heartily in a 'meaningful and naughty' way three times.

The two kids were frightened. They hurriedly said goodbye to Lisa and ran away.

Lisa was thinking, compared to Mao Mao's witch image, her 'auntie' image was still quite affable, right?

Qiang Wei: "Hungry ah."

Lisa got up and walked over to help Qiang Wei to carry her things: "I did not eat breakfast today, yet I don't feel hungry ah."

Qiang Wei: "You are strong ma. I ate a bowl of oats, three bananas, an apple, a big box of yogurt, three vegetable buns and a meat bun this morning."

Mao Mao jumped up: "Are you a pig?!"

When the trio arrived in McDonald, Qiang Wei has already collapsed. Mao Mao went to order their meals. Currently she was chasing after a man so she was exceptionally happy and eagerly gave them a treat.

Qiang Wei lamented: "I want to find a boyfriend who has a boyfriend more than finding a boyfriend."

Lisa turned around quietly and happened to see Mao Mao crawling on the counter: "A box of egg tarts please!"

Lisa turned around again and heard vaguely: "Why you don't have ah? Isn't this KFC ah?!"

The streetscape is really good in winter. Lisa was admiring it and subsequently saw —— Zhang Qi tugging back and forth with a guy. In the end, the other person forcefully held senior brother Zhang's hand. They ignored the stares given by the passer-by and entered the water screen movie area in the public square.

Too, too shocking.

Lisa's first reaction was to send someone a text message.

"Jungkook, I saw senior brother Zhang (Lisa will address anyone older than her as senior brother without exception but of course someone is an exception). He was with a guy." It was not that An Ning is gossipy, but this was really too shocking.

He replied back: "Oh."

Too indifferent, right? Lisa said with righteous indignation: "I am telling you the truth."

"That is reasonable." Indeed he is leader Jeon ! Without waiting for Lisa to finish lamenting, he has already called her: "Where are you now?"

"Oh?"

"I'm coming over." He paused a little before explaining: "Accompany me to buy a computer."

Fifteen minutes later an outstanding figure pulled open McDonald's entrance door. Mao Mao waved her hand and called out "Brother-in-law, over here!" This attracted a lot of attention from all sides. Jungkook calmly walked over and nodded his head slightly at the two persons sitting across the table. When he saw the drink in front of Lisa, he could not help but frowned slightly, "Why are you drinking cold drink?"

Lisa has the foresight to change the topic: "Let's go."

After being sent off by Mao Mao and Qiang Wei, Lisa took the initiative to be brought out of that place.

Digital City is nearby, so the two of them walked directly there. While they were walking past the public square, they met those two kids again. They were holding 'KFC family bucket' in their hands. When they tilted their heads and saw Lisa, they called out from the bottom of their hearts and in unison 'sister'.

"Oh." Lisa was satisfied now. Jungkook who was standing next to her, glanced at her thoughtfully.

On reaching the destination, Jungkook walked directly to the sales counter of a particular brand name. When the sales staff saw him, he has already taken out a computer.

Lisa strolled around the sales counter, "Jungkook, this one, this one is pretty good." She did some research before when she bought her computer. However it was too expensive at that time so she did not buy it.

Jungkook took a quick look and said: "Ah Ding, please take that one and install the system. Then send to my place later, thanks."

"No problem."

Lisa was a bit startled when Jungkook has finished buying and was walking over. In fact, he was merely here to finalise his purchase?

When the two of them walked out, Lisa preached to him gently: "You've too much money? Why did you buy two computers?"

He merely said, "You are able to use it in the future."

"......"

On that day, Jungkook did not drive her back to the university. Lisa was wondering: "Where else do we have to go?"

"Control Yuan (a watchdog under the constitution of Republic of China)." The driver said at his leisurely pace: "Why, you have other things to do?"

...... This threat was too obvious, right? Lisa turned back her head to continue to look at the streetscape.

Jungkook moved his lips gently and the laughter in his eyes were obvious.

This was considered her second visit to his place of work. From the time she entered the entrance door until she reached his office, Lisa cannot help but suspected that a turtle was painted on her face? Why everyone also wanted to glance at her?

Su Jia Hui knocked at the door and came in with a cup of coffee. She smiled and handed it to the person sitting on the sofa, "I am pretty good at making coffee so give it a try."

"Thank you."

Jia Hui leaned against the armrest of the sofa and was making fun of Jungkook who was hanging his coat: "Everybody is talking about Jungkook bringing a girl here. The power is comparable to an atomic bomb."

Jungkook only gave a smile but did not comment. On the contrary, the person who was drinking coffee choked twice.

Jia Hui immediately held out her hand to stroke her back: "Are you okay?!"

"Okay, all right ......" As it turned out, she was an atomic bomb?

Jungkook lifted up his wrist to look at the watch: "Don't you have a meeting outside at four o'clock?"

Jia Hui complained, "Date before mate". Anyway she made a tactful exit.

Since only both of them were left in the room, Lisa looked around. Jungkook's office is not big, but clean and tidy. The document folders and books on the bookcase are arranged meticulously. Jungkook poured a glass of purified water and brought over to her. "Don't drink too much coffee."

"Oh." Lisa calmly walked to the front of the bookcase, "You get busy, I'll find myself a book to read."

Jungkook looked at the slim silhouette with a faint smile.

On a quiet winter afternoon, although one was flipping over the files and the other was flipping over History of the Three Kingdoms book, this can still be considered a date, right? Maybe this is different from other person's courtship, yet Lisa still felt happy.

This spot on the sofa can get a little sunlight, so not too hot nor too cold, very comfortable.

Hearing the sound of the pen streaking across the paper and occasional sound of the fingers tapping on the keyboard ...... Lisa slowly fell asleep ......

Vaguely, she heard his colleagues came in, then went out.

She felt someone came over and sat next to her as the sofa sagged slightly. Lisa turned over and a familiar and warm breath was approaching.

Lisa had no idea how long she had slept. When she woke up she was covered by a black coat. She sat up and saw Jungkook was still going through the documents.

He seemed really busy.

Lisa's stomach did not hurt anymore and her sore feet from walking all morning has also slowly got better. She stood up quietly on tiptoe. The person opposite who has his eyes fixated on the computer screen all along, suddenly said, "Woke up already?"

"Yes ......" Lisa asked softly: "Jungkook, where is the toilet?"

Jungkook lifted up his head, "I'll take you there." While saying that he has already got up.

"No, no need!" She was not a three years old child. This kind of thing also wants to bring her.

JungkookMo Ting smiled: "Go out, turn left and walk all the way to the end."

She walked out of the door without blushing or grasping for breath. Lisa sighed with sorrow because her skin was getting thicker after being teased by him often. Well, don't know if it is a good or bad sign.

All the toilets were occupied. While Lisa was waiting, she saw a red mark on her neck in the mirror. It was rather obvious at a glance. Thus she can't help but frowned and studied it carefully. Then she heard a person inside sighed, "Hey, Jungkook actually has a girlfriend already."

Two voices: "Maybe just a female friend."

Three voices: "Even if it is not the case, we'll also not have a chance ah. People like Su Jia Hui still has some hope."

"Speaking of which, Jia Hui looks pretty and is from a good family. Furthermore she has been admiring  Jungkook for more than half a year. Why isn't he the slightest bit interested in her ah?"

"Aiya, she does not appear that pretty. Moreover you should know the status of the Jeon family, so her good family background is not regarded as anything."

"At least better than the one who came today?"

"However I feel the girl who came today is a lot prettier than Su Jia Hui."

"If I had known earlier that he doesn't mind commoner, I'll also chase after him."

"Care to venture a guess as to how that girl managed to court Jungkook? Pester him persistently?"

"Probably. However she appears rather refined."

"One may know a person for a long time without understanding her true nature."

I remembered someone said before that the toilet is a gathering place for gossip, and indeed it is true.

Lisa on the one hand was studying the dubious mark on her neck, on the other hand thinking ...... she kept thinking then suddenly shouted 'ah'. This time it was really a miserable shriek. This, is this a hickey (love bite)?

At this moment, someone has already pulled open the door and came out. Their line of sight intersected in the mirror. The former clearly did not expect to be so ...... unlucky. Lisamomentarily did not know how to react so she smiled, even though her face was a little red, "Hi"

After regaining her composure, she went into the toilet. She immediately took out the small mirror in her bag to study and ascertain once again it was really a hickey ah ......

When Lisa returned to Jungkook's office, her first sentence was: "Why did you kiss here ah?" Too conspicuous.

The person in front of the door covered her neck and her face was scarlet red. Jungkook roughly knew what happened. He put down his pen, propped his chin in the palm of his hand and said in an indulgent voice: "Then where do you want to be kissed?"

"......" Absolutely, one may know a person for a long time without understanding his true nature ah!

Lisa saw him already shutting down his computer, so she said, "I'll wait for you outside," and walked out. However she did not expect to run into Zhou Jin Cheng. He saw her, came forward and did not look surprise.

"Met your father two days ago?"

"Yes."

"Waiting for Jungkook?" Zhou Jin Cheng is not a talkative person, so it was rare for him to have asked that.

However Lisa does not like this kind of pretentious probing but she did not know how to deal with it in a reasonable manner. Until someone gently embraced her waist from behind. Unconsciously, she heaped a sigh of relief and unexpectedly found that she was a little dependent on him.

..............................................................................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 238K 98
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...
35.3K 914 53
In all my life, I've only made two mistakes that I regret. The first was filling out my entrance exam application wrongly, and the second was offendi...
966K 86.3K 39
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...