My Sister's Fiance

By jhayrose

After her parents accident Cassandra and Emily was left orphaned. At a tender age of 14 Cassandra had taken t... More

Prologue
Chapter one - - The memories.
Chapter two - - The beginning.
Chapter three - - women's intuition
Chapter Four - - Dinner Date.
Chapter Five - - Ruined.
Chapter Six - - Truth be told
Chapter Seven - - The break up
Chapter Eight - - Accepting the Engagement
Chapter Nine - - Enduring the party
Chapter Ten - - temporary peace
Chapter Eleven -- off side
Chapter twelve-- the consultant
Chapter thirteen-- the lunch
Chapter fourteen --- the Family
Chapter Fifteen--- Casting Shadow
Chapter Sixteen --- let's talk
Chapter Seventeen - - Deceivingly heartless
Chapter Eighteen -- The sad zombie movie
Chapter Nineteen - - The Silence
Chapter twenty - - The Grocery date
Chapter Twenty one - - Dinner, Again
Chapter twenty two - - unexpected
Chapter twenty three - - the talk
Chapter twenty four - - Freedom atlast?
Chapter twenty five -- second day
Chapter twenty seven --- stolen times over
Chapter twenty eight -- busy.
Chapter twenty Nine -- another silly day
Chapter thirty -- settled
Chapter thirty one -- breaking the engagement
Chapter thirty two -- the truth
Chapter thirty three -- detachment
Chapter thirty four -- growing apart.
Chapter Thirty five -- Worries
Chapter thirty six -- Her history
Chapter thirty seven -- Moments
Chapter thirty eight-- her sickness
Chapter thirty nine--- propasal and prisons
Chapter forty --- encamped
Chapter forty one --- stepping up
Chapter Forty two--- The Dawn wedding
Chapter Forty Three -- The Reception
Chapter forty four-- The Honeymoon
Chapter Forty Five -- The in between
Chapter Forty Six -- The sleeping beauty
Epilogue
My Sister's Husband --- Prologue
01 -- Years Away

Chapter twenty six - - at peace

1.1K 25 1
By jhayrose

Cassandra.

I woke up in a familiar cottage, almost the same with mine except a man's scent is lingering the place. I move and find myself embracing Jem and then last nights even came flooding in.

I felt happy and relieved. I thought I was just dreaming, but having Jem embracing me too while protecting me in this world makes my heart dance as a life with him came in.

I could sleep and wake up in his arms everday, he'd be the first and last face I saw and I knew I'll be happy.

"Hmmm. ."I feel a smile forming in my lips as I feel him tighten his embrace. I could feel his breath in my head and his lips on my forehead as he give me a soft peck. "Good morning." He sleepily greeted.

"morning." I replied with a sheepish grin. "How did we get here?"

"Hmmm. .I haven't tell you have I?" he said still sleeping but in a very serious tone that would make you think his up to revealing his deepest secret. Grinning, I shook my head in his chest hoping both to answer him in his question and to fully wake him up as I know he had soft spots on his chest. He chuckle in response and I can't help but smile more as his laugh played like a melody in my ears. " Well. ." He said fully awake. "I have powers to transport. Especially when Im asleep."

I roll my eyeballs at him. Ha! I thought his serious!

"What? You don't believe me?" He asked almost serious.

"obviously." I said.

He chuckle again and give me a soft peck in my forehead. "So if we didn't transport how do you think we could have ended here?" He said challenging my reasoning.

So? His up to defending his whatever trick huh. I grin. Let's see how he can hold that on.

"Ofcourse you brought me here. You must have carried me while Im asleep!"

"Uh-uh? And how certain are you for that? I might have forgotten my keys here besides I was in deep sleep so I really don't think I could have sleep walk here while carrying you. Sounds crazy to me." He said trying to hide his grin and making a straight face whenever he explain something, except I knew him and how easily he cracks.

"you liar. .if you call yourself sleep walking while carrying me then carry on with that foolish and wild thought of yours. But forget not that if you happen to forget your keys when you went outside how possible on earth would you return in your cottage at dawn? Aah. You wouldn't sleep in the grass!"

"Well. .you have your keys! Atleast thats a fact so I could slept in your room!" He defended.

Shaking my head in desperation, looks like Jem's artistic ideas are at heights that its impossible to crack him. "Whatever." I said resigning.

He laugh at my response and in disbelief. "Wow. Did I just made you surrender in an argument?" He said very amused that I could see his eyes sparkling.

"No. I did not. Cause there is really no argument in the first place." I defended.

"Aaahh. Lame. .There is. You just don't want to admit defeat." He said teasingly which I almost feared. Oh no. I don't really think something good is going to happen especially if those pair of playful eyes are warning me for something.

"No."I said trying to dissuade him."Jem. No." I almost inched myself away from him unfortonately he has stronger and longer limbs catching me easily. And with me being nearby, he proceeded with his torture method. He tickle me on my sides making me teary and defeated. He usually do that whenever he likes teasing me or whenever he wants me to surender or squeal.

I giggled and laughed my stomach already aches and almost in cramps. Defeated I just raise my arms in surrender.

"Okay. You win. Youuu. .hey. .you win!" I said in between laugh.

"hahahaha. .told you. There is an argument." He said playfuly while he was still in front of me. His hands rested on my side.

"Tsss." I hissed in his words, mocking irritation which he just laughed off.

The moment suddenly became serioius. Looking at him makes me want to hold my breath.

"Your beautiful." He said with those wonderful eyes of him. In fact in those eyes reflect my own feelings. . . contentment, happiness, and ---

His phone suddenly beeps cutting the growing mesmerization on our part, realizing that the phone played a familiar song that reminds me of Emme, I blushed almost betrayed and reprimanded at once.

Jem on the other hand suddenly look so confused and baffled but before I could say a word to him, his better part showed up as he straighten himself took his phone and went inside his bathroom.

I sighed. Couldn't be so good in timing.

Feeling low again, I tiptoed and slowly went out of his room ans run to my place which is amazingly, two cottages away from his.

Now, I don't know if his distance is in my favor or not.

**********

My day hummed in busyness as I was called to be a moderator today. Feeling busy and all I have escaped to face Jem for a while but as the place is relaxing as it was and farther from my sister,I feel myself break away as I feel myself enjoying his attentions everytime he make himself parade out in his boyish manner. He had this wolfish grin of his everytime he make a scene. Usually he would just ask questions and inquiry which I believe he already know himself but for the fun of it I play along as he would call me to come to him. Playing his game, I enjoyed assisting him and his mischevious innocent play of helplessness and cute I-really- dont-know-this-thing look.

The event really went good and after that last part of the program, we were set free again but this time we were off earlier than expected making us having a time to take a glimpse of the sun before it sets down.

Jem and I took the opportinity and walk in the bay in good silence. I feel quiet content as my soles buried in the soft cool sand as I walk in the shore or feel complete everytime the water touches my feet.

Then feeling a sudden warmth I notice Jem silently holds my hand and then whistle like a bird as if he had done nothing unusual.

I smile foolishly at his old tactics. He had done the same thing to me before. Everytime I snap at him and ignore him, he would just easily slide his fingers on mine and sway our hands or he would snake his hands in my waist as if we didn't really have a fight and then everything was fine. All arguments gone and buried.

"its beautiful isn't it?" I asked trying to ignore his hands and the warmth it had given me. Looking at the almost setting sun I just can't stop admiring God's wonderful creation.

"yes. .more than anything else." I heard him said sincerely and looking back at him I met his gaze on mine.

Did he mean the sun or me?

The thought flatters me more and had given my face a luminant smile but ofcourse its pretty absurd to ask him so I think of something for a topic.

"do you still paint?" I suddenly remember how obssess he is on crayons and craft and paintings and all sorts of arts and beauty before. He appreciate things and draw them, while I appreciate things and write them.

His look took an almost frown from my sudden question and knowing instantly from the look on his face that he had stopped his beloved hobby. "I got busy from board to work. I haven't had time to sit and find a good inspiration." He said trying to explain his self or dodging the subject.

I gently squeeze his hands and smile at him for encouragement. "Well. .I hope you find some time in doing it again. I know how you love to paints."

He return my squeeze and pull me closer to him and as he usually do, he kiss my forehead, signifying his adoration and greater respect for me. "In time. ." He said soulfuly making my heart melt. The last time he painted if Im not mistaken is when he got an invitation from a indie curator, there was a competition and the winner's painting would be the highlight of the curator's displays. Sadly, I was supposed to attend to that display but we broke up before I even had the opportunity making me missed his most appreciated painting, and worst I haven't seen it because it was supposed to be a surprise on our 30th month of being together as a couple.

I pulled him closer for a hug, my heart felt a sudden twang of regret not seeing his piece. I so wonder what he had painted at that time that it had won.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said trying to be brave.

"Your already asking one." He playfuly said making me imagine him grinning at the moment.

Burying myself deeper in his chest I asked, "what did you paint before? The painting who won the curator's display?"

"its something beautiful." His reply was obviously generic.

I snort. He chuckles.

"Would you tell me?" I asked again.

"its you."

It didn't actually register the first time. I feel like ive beend deceived but realised I am not.

I pull myself a little away from him and met his gaze.

"Me?"

"yeah. .you. ."

"what did I look like in that painting?" I asked so curious, for something to win like that surely it wasn't just my face I wasn't monalisa to win any prestige.

"You'll see it in time. ." he said in a warm voice making me wonder more whats on that painting of his. "But for now. .let's do something interesting." He suddenly suggested then in just a blink of an eye he scooped me like I just weight a feather and he marched down to the waters.

Oh no. I don't know how to swim!

Feeling dread and panic I clutch myself to him more while he just laugh amusingly at my state.

I give him a light smack which he just obviously ignore!

"hurting your life guard isn't healthy especially if he goes suddenly crazy and let you loose." He warned wolfishly as he tighten his grip on me while I feel the water more rising.

I sighed at his ways. He never seems to change.

Grinning he look at me as he release me from his bridal carriage. Panicking I hugged him tigher for my dearest life.

"now were alone." he said to himself, very satisfied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 1K 68
Violet and Maya have to survive this cruel world at a young age after their parents suspiciously die in a car accident .Their greedy uncle takes ov...
208K 12.8K 38
Her wishes and dreams all got crashed "when her parents forced her to marry her sister's husband " who needs her along with his baby after his wif...
1.2K 48 20
What happens when A teenaged Muslimah meets her lost love but can't be together What will they sacrifice, who will they trust and will love their lo...
258 27 37
At Eight years old, Jason Harrison was crushing on his sister's best friend, Sera, who happens to be six years older. Twelve years have passed since...