Yellow Lights

By SilentDreams16

A beta with anger issues and the youngest Martin sister with extraordinary abilities. Life in Beacon Hills is... More

Cast
Mood Boards
Prologue part 1 Magic and the first encounter with a werewolf
Prologue part 2: The Bite
The Summer Before Freshamn Year
Dead Birds and An Alpha Pack
Werewolfs On The Loose
Catching Werewolves
Cross-Country And Twin Alphas
Maybe This Was A Bad Idea
I Hate Motels
They Crossed The Line, Again
What Are We Even Doing?
The English Teacher Is The Darach And Hospital Visit's
Hospital Fights And Meeting Scott's Father
Finding The Nemeton
The Lunar Eclipse
Authors note!
Those Three Are Falling Apart And The Coyote Isn't A Coyote
More Bad Than Good
Galvanize
Illuminated/ Silverfinger
Riddled/ Letharia Vulpina

I Still Don't Like him

377 9 14
By SilentDreams16

"Come on Issac stop pacing," I mumbled turning to look at him by the window.

"You know, I'm starting not to like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous. You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him."

"You'll be fine." Derek reassured him.

"Does it have to be him?"

"He knows how to do it. I don't. Be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself."

"You know Scott doesn't trust him, right?"

"With good reason." Taylor shrugged.

"Right. You know, personally, I'd well, I'd trust Scott."

"Do you trust me?"

"Yeah." Derek looked back down at his book. "I still don't like him."

"Nobody likes him."

"That's an understatement Derek." I said and I could see a small smile pull at his lips before it was gone.

The door slid open to reveal him standing there making me roll my eyes.

"Boys... and ladies. F.Y.I, yes, coming back from the dead had left my abilities somewhat impaired but the hearing still works."

"And unfortunately, so does your mouth." Taylor shot at him while he took the smallest pause.

"So, I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face."

"We don't like you." Derek told him while I gave him a pleading look.

He nodded and I stood up and faced Peter. Without giving him a second to ask or realize what was happening I punched him in the mouth knocking him to the ground. Before I calmly sat back down in my seat and grabbed my science book once again.

Once he finally stood back up, he looked at me. "I told you she was a psychopath..." I cut him off by glaring at him, before I let out a warning growl.

"As I was saying, psychopath but I probably deserved that."

"Just shut up and help us."

"Fair enough." He said bringing out his claws.

I rolled my eyes as we moved so they could have space. Derek moved to sit on the couch, while Issac sat on a chair.

"Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm."

"How do you know how to do this, again?"

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone, or kill them."

"You-you've had a lot of practice, though, right?"

"We'll, I've never paralyzed anyone."

"Wait does that mean that you-..." he was cut off as Peter plunged his claws into the back of his neck.

"Derek, Derek what's happening?"

"I don't know."

"Taylor don't. We can't interfere, we could kill Issac!"

Peter let out a gasp as Issac began fighting against him. Derek stood up both of us following suit.

"Wait, I see them." Peter spoke out loud, making the three of us pause.

Peter ripped his claws out and fell against the table, Issac doubled over on himself.

I hurried over to Issac and crouched in front of him.

"Issac. Issac look at me."

"I'm okay." He said quietly, his hand reaching around to the back of his neck.

"What'd you, see?"

"It was confusing. Uh, im-images, vague shapes." He stammered over his words.

"But you saw something."

"Issac found them."

"Erica and Boyd?"

"I barely saw them. I mean, glimpses."

"But you did see them."

"Worse."

"Deucalion."

"He was talking to them. Something about time running out."

"What does it mean?"

"He's gonna kill them."

"No, no, no, no, no, he didn't say that. He did make them a promise that by the full moon that they'd both be dead."

"The next full moon?" Derek asked.

"Tomorrow night." Peter told him.

"Let's go you two. Scott called wants me to meet him at the school, and you two are not going to miss today." I rolled my eyes but followed him anyway. 

"So what's going on?" Destiny asked as soon as she saw us.

"Not much. Issac couldn't remember much, and Peter couldn't navigate his memories very well, probably because the alphas took them."

"But something tells me Scott and Stiles might have a plan." Taylor said grabbing the two of us by our arms and dragging us over.

"So Deatons after school then, right? We're going to the animal clinic?" Taylor asked as we reached them.

"We are, you three are not." Stiles said.

"Stiles don't not piss me off today, yeah? We're going end of it." I snapped at him before I headed to class.

"She scares the hell out of me."

"Yeah, buddy me too." Scott replied before they walked towards their classrooms.

After school we found Stiles and Scott waiting by the Jeep for us. The three of us piled into the back seat.

"I still don't like the idea of you three being involved..."

"I didn't ask Stiles. The concern is well noted, but completely unnecessary." I told him.

"A pack of Alphas, Bella. A whole pack of them."

"Well aware of that, also well aware they're all murderous little dogs. So now that we've got that cleared up, are we missing out on any important information that could put us at risk if we didn't know."

"Have you two meet the twins?"

"The twins?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Oh, you will. Twin alphas, not friendly."

"Right."

"Your sister is meeting us there."

"Lydia?" Taylor asked.

"Nah it's gotta be Rory." I paused for a moment looking at Stiles. "Yeah, it is Rory! Look at that blush."

"Okay. Shut up." Stiles groaned as we pulled into the animal clinic.

As soon as the boys moved, we hurried out of the back seat and into the clinic.

"We can't have one normal year."

"Technically Roy it's just a continuation of last year, when Erica and Boyd went missing."

"We're going to find them."

"And if we don't?" I asked. "Or they aren't alive?"

"Bella. Until we have to think like that we won't."

"We're about to find out." I nodded towards Derek, Scott, and Stiles filling up a tub of water with ice.

"Obviously, it's not going to be particularly... comfortable. But if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trancelike state."

"Like being hypnotized."

"Exactly. You'll be half transformed. I'll let us access your subconscious mind."

"How slow does his heart rate need to be?" Scott asked as Issac crouched down next to the tub.

"Very slow."

"Okay, we'll, how slow is very slow?"

"Nearly dead."

Issac reached his hand into the water before ripping it away.

"It's safe, though, right?"

"Do you want me to answer honestly?"

"No. No, not really."

A loud snapping sound filled the air making us all turn towards the source of the noise.

"What?" He asked looking confused.

"Rory please." I grumbled running my hand over my face.

She walked over to Stiles gesturing to the glove. Making him take it off with an attitude.

"Look, if it feels too risky, you don't have to do this." Derek told Issac, Scott nodding in agreement with him.

"We're here to help make sure you're fine Issac. With Bella and I together, you'll be fine."

He nodded feeling better about it, before he pulled his shirt off over his head. He began climbing in Scott and Derek both packing a hand on his shoulders. Rory and I grabbed each other's hand, as we placed a spiritual anchor to us before we both grabbed ahold of the tub connecting the spiritual anchor to Issac.

Once he was under and Deaton had him the only thing, we have to do is to hold the anchor steady. Derek and Scott pushed his head under the ice water. Not even a moment later he came out of the water with a growl, neither Rory nor I flinching.

"Get him back under." Deaton ordered as Stiles jumped in to help.

He continued to fight aggressively. "Hold him."

"We're trying." They finally got him back under and held him until he stopped fighting.

"Now, remember, only I talk to him. Too many voices will confuse him and draw him out. Issac? Can you hear me?"

"Yes." He replied. "I can hear you."

Rory and I let go of the tub and stood our hands still held tightly.

"This is Dr. Deaton. I'd like to ask you a few questions. Is that alright?"

"Yes."

"I want to ask you about the night you found Erica and Boyd. I want you to remember it for me in as vivid detail as possible, like you're actually there again."

"I-I don't wanna do that. I don't- I don't wanna do that. I don't wanna do that." Issac repeated getting more frantic as the lights flickered.

"Issac, it's all right. Just relax, they're just memories. You can't be hurt by a memory."

"I don't wanna do that."

"It's all right."

"I don't wanna do that."

"Relax. Relax. Good. Now let's go back to that night. To the place you found Erica and Boyd. Can you tell me what you see? Is there some kind of building? A house?"

"It's not- it's not a house. It's stone, I think marble."

"That's perfect. Can you give me any other descriptors?"

"It's dusty, so empty."

"Like an abandoned building?" Thunder crashed outside as the lights flickered again. "Issac? Issac?"

He started to panic again. "Someone's here. Someone's here." He grabbed Scott's arm.

"Issac, relax."

"No, No, no, they see me, they see me!" He screamed.

"Just memories." Deaton repeated as he looked up at the lights again, as they started to flicker. "You won't be hurt by your memories. Just relax. Relax. Good. Now tell us what you see. Tell us everything."

He began describing in great detail every aspect of the building he could see. Before he pauses.

"I hear him. He's talking about the full moon, about being out of control when the moon rises."

"Is he talking to Erica?"

"I think so, I can't- I can't see her, I ca-I can't see either of them."

"Can you hear anything else?"

"They're worried. They're worried what they'll do during the full moon. They're worried that they're gonna hurt each other."

"If they're locked in together on the full moon, they're gonna tear each other apart." Derek said.

"Issac, we need to find them right now. Can you see them?"

"No."

"Do you know what kind of room it is? Is there any kind of a marker? A number on a door? A sign?"

He jerked up gasping, before he whispered. "They're here. They- they..."

"It's alright."

"No. They're here."

"Just tell us-."

"They see me. They found me. They're here." He shouted.

"This isn't working." Derek said to Deaton before turning to Issac. "Issac where are you?"

"I can't see them it's too dark.

"Just tell me where you are."

"I can't see."

"You're going to confuse him."

"Issac, where are you? Just tell me where you are?"

"His heart rate- he could go into shock. You're putting too much pressure on the girls." Deaton warned him.

"Derek, let him go!" Scott told him.

"Issac, where are you? What did you see?"

"A vault! It's a bank vault!"

"I saw it!" He yelled shooting upright out of the water fully conscious.

Rory dropped my hand and went to hug me when I stepped away shaking my head. "I'm fine."

"I saw the name." Issac continued as he started to get out. "It's, uh, B-Beacon Hills First National Bank. It's um- it's an abandoned bank, and they're keeping them locked inside, inside the vault." It was silent as he finished as he looked around at all of us. "What?"

"You don't remember what you said right before you came out of it, do you?" Stiles asked him.

"No."

"You said when they captured you that they dragged you into a room and that there was a body in it."

"What body?"

"You said it was Erica." I told him.

"She's not dead." Derek said pacing.

"Derek, he said, "there's a dead body. It's Erica." Doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation."

"Then who was in the vault with Boyd?"

"Someone else obviously."

"And maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle." Scott said. "Okay, the one who saved you?"

"No, she wasn't like us. And whoever was in the vault with Boyd was."

"What if that's how Erica died? They, like, put them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives. It's like werewolf thunder dome."

"Then we get them out tonight."

"Be smart about this, Derek. You can't just go storming in."

"If Issac got in, then so can we."

"But he didn't get through a vault door, did he?"

"We need a plan."

"How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than 24 hours?"

"Uh, I think someone already did. Beacon hills first national closes its doors three months after vault robbery. Doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."

"How long?"

"It's the internet, Derek. Okay? Minutes."

"Come on. I'm taking you girls home." Rory told us.

"You okay Issac?" I asked turning to him before Rory started to leave.

"Yeah. I'm okay."

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled to him before following the others out.

"They expect us to wait until five, and just pretend everything is normal." Taylor asked.

"Yeah, I guess so." Destiny shrugged. "Besides there isn't much I can do anyway."

We rode with Scott and Stiles because, Allison had something to do after school.

"Okay. You see this?" Stiles said laying another blueprint down. "This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air-conditioning vent. Leads down inside, into the wall of the vault, which is here." Stiles showed us marking it with the red marker.

"Okay. One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now that space is so small it took him 12 hours to drill into that wall, which is stone, by the way. Then throughout the rest of the night they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft in the wall. Boom."

"Can we fit in there?" Scott asked looking at Stiles.

"Yes, we can, but very, very barely. And they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're going to need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond bit-..."

"Look, forget the drill."

"Sorry?"

"If I go in first, how much space do I have?"

"What do you-what do you think you're gonna do Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?"

"Yes, Stiles, I'm gonna punch through the wall."

"Okay, big guy. Let's see it. Let's see that fist. Big, old fist. Make it, come on. get it out there, don't be scared."

"He's an idiot." Destiny whispered to me.

"Yes, he is." I grinned widely.

"Big bad wolf. Yeah, look at that. Okay, See this?" Stiles said holding his open hand inches from Derek's fist and grabbed ahold of Derek's wrist. "That's maybe 3 inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid co-"

He was cut off as Derek punched his hand, Stiles fell into the table at let out a whine of pain. I couldn't stop the laugh that tumbled out of my mouth as I witnessed it.

"Ah! He could do it."

"I'll get through the wall. Who's following me down?"

"Don't look at me." Peter said. "I'm not up to fighting speed yet, and honestly, with Issac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds for yourself."

"So, I'm just supposed to just let them die?"

"One of them is already dead."

"We don't know that."

"Do I have to remind you what we're up against here? A pack of alphas, all of them killers. And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant alpha. I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be missed."

"Could someone kill him again, please?"

"I would love to," I growled at Peter.

"Derek, seriously? Not worth the risk."

"What about you?"

"Yeah, if you want me to come-"

"Not you."

"Scott." Stiles said nodding.

"I don't know about Erica. But if Boyd's still alive, we have to do something. We have to try."

"But?"

"Who's the other girl? The one locked in there with Boyd?"

"I don't know. But I'm going with both of you." I told them.

"So am I." Taylor backed me.

"It's too dangerous, for you two."

"And what are you going to stop me?"

"No, definitely not."

"Didn't think so Stiles."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 77 14
Beacon hills should come with a warning, one that says: supernatural drama present here 24/7 Maybe then they wouldn't have stopped there, but maybe...
6K 116 21
She had always heard the rumors about Beacon Hills, but she never knew they were true..
1K 14 15
Stiles and Allison Argent just moved to Beacon Hills with their family from New York for a new start again, they both take making new friends easier...
198K 4.5K 35
❝I missed everyone. A little too much.❞ Addison Argent-Hale comes back to Beacon Hills, hoping that everything she faced last year shouldn't happen...