The Death Squad

By Angel_7174

Ashlynn Pierce/ Dobrev - Was sent away by her father and eldest brother at the age of 5 to an organization wh... More

Characters~~~
A/N
Chapter 1 - YOU WHAT
Chapter 2 Give'em Hell
Chapter 3 God how dramatic are these people
Chapter 4 Hatred and Betrayal
Chapter 5 What's up?
Chapter 6 One hell' of a reunion.
Chapter 7 Big mistake dude. Big mistake
Chapter 8 ~ School
Chapter 9 The dinner
Chapter 10 ~ Half truth
Chapter 11 - Fucking biologicals pissed me off
Chapter 12 Sure
Chapter 13 The skill tests.
Chapter 14 Black Don
Chapter 15 Fun
Chapter 16 Are you ok?
Chapter 17 Papa?
Chapter 18 Try me
Chapter 19 Just like a dad
Chapter 20 Aunts, Unlces and Cousins
Chapter 22 Always and Forever
Chapter 23 Little Weapon
Chapter 24 Eyes, Emotions, Pain and Guilt
Chapter 25 "Thankyou"
Chapter 26 Not your fault
Chapter 27 Rio
Chapter 28 ~ No shit Sherlock
Chapter 29 The shitshow~
Chapter 30 History repeating itself
Chapter 31 Everly
Chapter 32 Video games
Chapter 33 The ceremony
Chapter 34 ~ Merry Christmas
Chapter 35- The ball
Chapter 36 Driving and yelling.
Chapter 37 Long Story
Chapter- 38 Happy New Year Ace
Chapter 39 "Cupcake?"
Chapter 40- The Plan
Chapter 41 Survive
Chapter 42 Next stop, Italy

Chapter 21 Protect yourself

22.2K 567 59
By Angel_7174

Ashlynn's POV-

I just stood there, completely frozen but I'm guessing no one except the devil himself noticed and sent a small smirk towards my direction.

"This is Ashlynn, our little sister" Jeremy spoke from where he was standing. He had this sparkle in his eyes since the moment William walked into the room.

Please don't tell me he's actually stupid enough to even like this guy, let alone to look up to him. God I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in this family with any sorts of brains.

"Oh, well it's nice to meet you" William smiled at me smugly, while the others went back to their drinks and conversations.

All of my biologicals, excluding Charlotte came over and stood by my side while treating him and making conversation with him like he was some kind of an important person.

He extended his hand forward for me to shake it, but I immediately tensed at the action.

Oh man I guess the saying is right. Old habits don't die easy.

He raised his eyebrows in amusement at me and it took everything in me to not puke my guts out right now.

How dare this man stand here with all his pride and dignity after all the things he's done. After all the things he's done to me. After all the things he's done to Ace.

"So, what do you like to do for fun Ashlynn?" William asked in fake politeness, obviously trying to make small talk with me or something.

I just stared blankly at him, not giving him any satisfaction of showing any emotion. Lucian nudged my arm rather harshly to give me the hint to respond.

Even though my face was expressionless, my thoughts were racing a mile a second.

"She doesn't talk much" Alexander replied after a silence of about two minutes when I didn't respond, but instead just narrowed my eyes at their guest.

Jeremy glared daggers at me as if that'll affect me.

Yup, they're all completely clueless of all the things William actually does. Or atleast I hope they're in the dark.... Because if they're not.... It means they are either involved in that stuff or approve of it.

All except Alfie I guess. He was the only one who wasn't smiling at him or treating him like a superior or shit. Instead, he was standing there blankly while looking straight at William, with a deadpan expression. Kinda like mine.

Does he know something? Does he know about the organisation? Does he know about Nathan? I need to find out what he knows.

Just the thought of all those things took me right back to my panicked state and I started to have a hard time breathing.

(T.W.)

I clenched my fists to the point where my nails were digging into the skin hard enough to easily draw blood.

I realised what I was doing but all the memories just kept coming back. All those memories I've burried deep down, came rushing back to the surface and kept hitting me like a storm.

I'm pretty sure they were having a conversation about something, but I was busy enough to stop the voices in my head to actually pay any attention.

I'm guessing Alfie noticed that and he put a hand on my shoulder while the others where engaged in some conversation , but I knew William kept glancing at me with his smug look every minute.

"Are you ok?" Alfie mouthed to me with a genuinely concerned expression.

I would have said something in a cold tone back, but it was like nothing was coming out and I couldn't speak.

I nodded at him and excused myself to the bathroom when I knew that I couldn't keep the anxiety in anymore and was about to have a full blown panick attack.

I practically sprinted out of the room, not even waiting for their responses.

I ran up to my room and closed the door behind me. I slid down, with my back pressed against the wall. I took my head in my hands and tried to even out my breathing.

I tightly squeezed my eyes shut to stop the images flashing in my head and put my hands on my ears, as if that'll block out all the noises coming from the memories playing in my mind.

My elbows rested on my knees and one of my hands shakily reached out to the knife placed in my boot.

It had been about a year and a half since I last had a panick attack.

I remember I used to get them very often back at the organisation. Even after I got out, I still got them quite frequently because of all the memories and nightmares.

And to not have the flashbacks, I did what gave me the most pleasure and relief at the time. I started self harming.

It started with a little cut but soon became a regular habit. Even though just for a few minutes, but some sort of relief took over me after each cut.

The physical pain would take away the stress, panick, fear and would save me from my own imagination.

One day, when I was having a panick attack and was about to cut, Chris came into the room to get something but found me on the floor, back pressed against the wall with a knife in my hand.

He quickly rushed to my side and threw the knife away.

(T.w. Over)

After a long chat, he made me promise that I'll never do such a thing again and will come to him if I ever needed help.

After he left, I still kept the promise but started smoking occasionally after that.

Remembering that promise, I removed my hand from the knife and took out a cigerate from one of the drawers in my room instead.

I lit the joint and smoked it for a few minutes before finally composing myself.

There was a knock at my door and I told whoever it was to go back and I'll be leaving in a short while.

"It's me" Christopher said from the other side of the door. What the fuck?

What the hell is he doing here?

I opened the door in confusion and he looked at me and smiled softly.

"What-" I tilted my head in confusion.

He took away the still lit cigerette, which was in my hand and smoked it once while walking into my room.

I scoffed "Heyyy that was mineee" I wined while throwing my hands in the hair.

He waved me off and took a spot on my bed and patted the spot next to him, motioning for me to take a seat.

Ok now this is getting extremely confusing.

I took the seat next to him on the bed and gave him a confused expression.

"You didn't pick up your phone, so I called Elijah, your undercover spy and he told my that there was a family reunion crap today. And you not picking up your phone in the presence of that bastard of your cousin just raised more panick." He explained.

I nodded my head "So you decided to come over?" I narrowed my eyes.

He nodded and shrugged.

"Oh my god Chris. You can barely even walk properly. I'm sure you could have done something else-" I scolded him like he was the child here.

He narrowed his eyes at me "I have trust issues when it comes to the safety of my daughter."

Awwwwww he called you his daughter. Why don't you to have a father daughter huggg nowww.

Alright ew shut up you idiotic inner voice.

"You do realise that your daughter also appears to be the deadliest assassin on the planet who can make men, triple her size, piss their pants right?" I said with a smirk on my face and he rolled his eyes.

Then he looked at me with a serious expression, "why were you smoking?" He asked.

Oh man I was really hoping we wouldn't mention that. What the hell am I supposed to sayyy.

"Well you weren't exactly supposed to see that" I muttered while looking towards the cigrate which was now being crushed under his shoe.

He sighed and went in for a hug. I stiffened up for a moment because like- I literally was on the floor like two minutes ago- but hugged him back quickly. .

But not quick enough, because I'm damn sure he noticed.

"Are you ok?" He whispered, concerned

"Mhm" I mumbled.

"You know you can talk-" he started but was cut off by the blaring of a siren.

It was a siren installed all over the house, and it only goes of in case of extreme emergencies.

It can only be set off by the person who has the password to the heavily guarded security system of the button.

I knew all this because all of our safe houses have the same alarm system and it is originally created by one of the companies I own.

Chris and I shared a look and in less than a second, I was on my feet with a dagger in my hand, ready to fight.

Emotions can wait. Let's kick somebody's ass first.

Though I was a hundred percent sure that there could only be one reason why this alarm was going off. More like, a person. William ofcourse.

I took out two guns from my boot along with a dagger and handed it to Chris.

"Protect yourself" I told him sternly because he still wasn't in his best health.

He nodded his head and told me to be safe.

And with that, I took off into the hallway with a gun in one of my hands and a dagger in another, with my throwing knives strapped to my leg and an extra gun in my boot along with amo.

I also had one more dagger in my back pocket, located where my hand could reach in a second but nobody would be able to spot it even if they check me for any weapons.

Time for the motherfucker to pay for what he's done.

_____________________________

Thanky'all so much for reading!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Honestly, not my best chapter I've written, and I know that. But I did write it in a hurry. But still, I hope you guys liked it.

But it was either this, or not updating till the weekend so....

Yeah I really should be studying right now, I have like 3 assignments to write, shit ton of math homework and god knows what else. Oh well.

Anywaysssss I would honestly love to have some suggestions if you guys have any for the book and the storyline.

Also, are you guys liking the book so far??

Like I've read some amazing books out there and have taken inspiration from them, and tried writing like those wonderfully written books.

What do youu thinkkk like is it good for my first book??

Ok yeah I'mma stop ranting now and go study math.

And I have a history test on Friday. And let me tell you, I absolutely HATE history.

I swear it's just so boring- like I don't fucking care about what happened a hundred years ago for gosh's sake- (no offense if you do like it though, this is just my opinion:) )

But don't worry, math will forever hold the spot of the worst subject in my heart so yeah. (again, no offense if you don't think the same way I do and don't get maddd)

Yeah I'm gonna shut up now. Byeee have a great day! Love y'all<3

--Vote And Comment

~ Angel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Broken By

Teen Fiction

254K 4.7K 40
A broken girl who fights all her own battles, alone. she owns her own mafia and people see her as sadistic, heartless and cruel. no one has ever seen...
1.7K 28 10
Iris was two when they sent her away to a boarding school for her safety. But she wasn't safe at all, tortured everyday and train to be the deadlies...
268K 6.5K 53
Ariana Russo was sent away to live in a orphanage by her family because they were "protecting" her. This happened when she had just turned 1year old...
Double Trouble By FinLuGrafie

Mystery / Thriller

35.5K 737 70
Read at your own risk. Unrealistic actions! --- Blood makes relatives, loyalty makes family. A triplet in the past - twins now. A fucked up past wi...