faint ; tomorrow x together

By choi_waengyu_

"are you okay?" ■ she faints, they help her; she's in danger, they come in hopes to save her; what happens wh... More

! important !
■ characters / playlist ■
■ prologue ■
■ 01: Nightmare ■
■ 02: 5 tall boys ■
■ 03: who is she? ■
■ 04: help ■
■ 05: are you okay? ■
■ 06: please don't ■
■ 07: where am i? ■
■ 08: who are you guys? ■
■ 09: rooftop ■
■ 10: be careful ■
■ 11: project ■
■ 12: the group ■
■ 13: comfort ■
■ 14: hang-out ■
■ 15: her past ■
■ 16: i'm sorry ■
■ 17: distraction ■
■ 18: phone call ■
■ 19: visit ■
■ 20: Kim Ji-ah ■
■ 21: i like you ■
■ 22: one family ■
■ 23: run away ■
■ 24: his cousin ■
■ 25: challenge ■
■ 27: ice cream ■
■ 28: my truth ■
■ 29: gift ■
■ 30: capture time ■
■ 31: call for help ■
■ 32: units unite ■
■ 33: good to see you ■
■ 34: we meet again ■
■ 35: friends? ■

■ 26: dinner date ■

41 1 6
By choi_waengyu_

───── No One's POV ─────

"So... you really are finally getting that date, huh?"

"You're not helping me calm down my nerves, Ria-unnie. And he never said it was a date, he just said to have dinner with him"

Ria looked at the other in disbelief. "Yahh, your crush is asking you out on a dinner. If that doesn't scream date to you, then I don't know anymore."

Ki Chul looked up at the older with an unamused expression. She was sitting on an armchair, her knee bouncing up and down as she waited for Beomgyu to arrive. Since the male told her to dress casually, she wore a simple white shirt tucked into a pair of high-waisted light-washed jeans and a long light-brown trench coat over. She also wore a pair of black converse shoes and a cream-colored shoulder bag to top it all off.

Suddenly, they heard the doorbell ringing, and since Ria was closer, she was able to open it before Ki Chul. "Yahh, unnie!!!" she chased after the older female.

Ria opened the door and immediately saw a male outside their gate. She walked closer to open the gate, surprising the other. "Hi, Beomgyu. I'm guessing you're here for Ki Chul?"

"Uh, yes I am, noona. I hope you don't mind me borrowing her for a while" Beomgyu replied.

"Oh, no I don't mind at all. You can borrow her all you wa-"

"Alright, bye unnie!!" Ki Chul immediately shoved the older female back inside. "I'm sorry about her." 

She then looked back at Beomgyu before pausing. He also wore a white shirt, similar to Ki Chul, tucked into a pair of black jeans and a long fuzzy beige-colored cardigan over everything. To top it all off, there were a few necklaces, three to be exact, dangling over his neck. Ki Chul couldn't help but flush in red at how their attire matched, although unintentional.

Beomgyu chuckled upon seeing the girl stare and blush. "Shall we go, my princess" he said while bowing and holding out his hand like a prince.

Ki Chul tried her best to stifle a giggle and not show how flushed she is with the nickname. "Oh, please. Stop it." She still grabbed his hand regardless. Beomgyu then led her to his motorcycle. Surprisingly, she seemed more fearless now compared to the first time they rode out as the female put on her helmet with no hesitation.

"Not scared anymore?" Beomgyu asked as they sat in. He then felt her wrap her arms around him, making him jolt in surprise with how she did it so suddenly and boldly. Last time he checked, Ki Chul was even too shy to hold onto his jacket.

"Hmm, I trust you" she replied, making Beomgyu flushed. Luckily, she couldn't see his face at the moment. He then pumped the engine and drove off.

~

Beomgyu pushed through the door, letting Ki Chul in first. He brought her to a simple diner, which Ki Chul loved. 'This is more my style'

They both sat down at a table and skimmed through the menu. A waiter then came to them, and they immediately placed their orders. 

"I'll have a bacon cheeseburger with fries and coke!" Ki Chul informed the waiter, a bright smile on her lips.

'Cute..'  Beomgyu thought while looking at her. Looking at her right now, he can't help but be in awe of the girl he asked out on a date. How did he snatch someone like her? Everything about her was perfect, her personality, her smile, her eyes-

"Beomgyu? What about you?" the girl asked her date, who seemed to be out of it before she called his name.

"Me? Oh!" he snapped out of his daze, skimming the menu once again. "I'll have a spaghetti with garlic bread and coke!"

"I'll have your order ready, love birds." the waiter teasingly said, bidding the two goodbye as she made her way to the kitchen.

Ki Chul was just too stunned to speak after the waiter's comment. Her cheeks started blushing red while her mind came up with scenarios one after the other. She was in her own headspace until she heard a cough.

"Do you like it here?" Beomgyu asked her, fingers nervously fiddling under the table.

"I like it a lot! I really like diners because they're always so bright and colorful! The lights are really pretty and- oh! Look! They have an arcade here! Can we play there later?" The girl looked at her date, who she saw was staring at her.

Slowly, she rubbed her arm in embarrassment "Sorry, I rambled too much.."

The ravenette shot his eyes up in alarm "No! It's okay, I like hearing you talk.." he said, a comforting smile playing on his lips. The girl gave him a small smile, softly nodding her head.

"Here's your order! One bacon cheeseburger with fries & coke," their waiter said, setting the dish in front of Ki Chul "And one spaghetti with garlic bread & coke," they continued, placing the plate in front of Beomgyu.

The two thanked the waiter and started eating their meals. Since Beomgyu ordered spaghetti, he ate is noodles in peace with his fork. However, the girl across him hesitated to eat her burger with her hands as she didn't want to appear unladylike.

'But eating it with a fork and knife would just be weird-'

"Ki Chul? Why aren't you eating?" the boy paused at his eating seeing that she wasn't doing the same. Then, as if he read her mind, he continued "Don't be afraid to be messy with me okay?"

The girl nodded and started eating her food.

They made small talk while downing their meals, conversing about random things like their favorite hobbies, how their favorite girl group Dreamcatcher hasn't gotten their first music show win (T_T), things like that. At one point, they even debated about their stand on mint chocolate, Ki Chul on the "like it" team while Beomgyu was on the "hate it" team. After finishing their meals, and fighting over who's paying the bill, the two made their way to the arcade built inside the establishment to play some games.

"Ooh! They have Dance Dance Revolution! I'm gonna go play it!"

Game..

"This shot's for you Ki Chul!"

After game..

"No! I was so close to getting the jackpot!"

After game..

"Don't you know I'm the best at skeeball?"

Until they've nearly played every game in that small arcade. Nonetheless, they had fun doing it so they were happy when they got out of the building. They walked to Beomgyu's motorcycle, Ki Chul holding two stuffed bears which they won with their tickets.

"Now, I have three bears to sleep with!" Ki Chul said with a huge smile on her face.

Beomgyu was stunned. "You sleep with the first one I got you?"

Ki Chul, realizing what she said, was flushed. "I do..."

The night was still young, it was around 9 pm at this point. The stars brightly shined above them, cars sped their way through the streets, store owners closed their doors for the night, and people walked out of establishments after a long day of working. They still had an hour and a half before Ki Chul's curfew comes close. So...

"Wanna go stargazing?"

"Can we go stargazing?"

Silence enveloped them for a second before they bursted out laughing, finding the situation funny. Wordlessly, Beomgyu put his spare helmet on Ki Chul, urging her to hop on his motorcycle. Once both of them were set, he started driving to the outskirts of the city. They passed by familiar houses until they reached the fields where the two stargazed before.

Beomgyu took out a folded up blanket from the motorcycle's trunk. He eyed the girl when she suddenly chuckled.

"What's so funny, delinquent?" He asked her playfully.

"Nothing, it's just that that's the same blanket we used the first time we went stargazing here. And hey! I'm not a delinquent! I am a good girl!" Ki Chul answered, proudly rubbing her chest at the end.

The boy just chuckled at her, setting down their blanket on the grass. After smoothening it out a bit, he sat on one side and patted the space next to him, inviting the girl. She accepted and plopped her ass on the once-empty space. The two looked up to the sky, eyeing the stars that shined brightly in the dark night. They were visible in the city, but without the building lights and pollution, they held their own spotlight.

Beomgyu turned his head to stare at the girl. Her pointer finger was out, tracing shapes with the many stars asteroids present in the sky. But no matter how bright stars tried to shine, not one of them can outshine his star, who is Ki Chul. The soft moonlight complimented her mellow beauty, her hair gently swayed with the cold breeze, and her eyes help their own shine which could rival even the brightest of stars.

"Why are you staring at me Beomgyu? Do I look like a star to you?" Ki Chul nonchalantly blurted out, side-eyeing her date.

Still dazed, the boy answered with the only answer in his head, "Yes, you're the brightest star here."

The girl froze in her actions, mind processing what he just said. She thanked the heavens for the poor lighting as she felt blush painting her cheeks.

The boy, on the other hand, though surprised at his own boldness, did not make any move to take back what he said. Rather, he continued, a newfound confidence sweeping his system.

"You're really pretty, and that translates to your heart as well. You have a very bright personality, and whenever you're beside me, I can't help but to smile and stare at you. I'm not gonna hide it anymore.." He said, fixing his position so that he was facing the girl fully 

"I like you Ki Chul, a lot. And I'll be okay if you don't like me back. Just, let me be there, by your side, while you try to figure everything out."

Ki Chul just stared at the him, surprised at the confession. When she thought she was the only one harvesting feelings, suddenly he gives her his true feelings, like giving her a bouquet of delicate flowers. It's up to her now what to do with these delicate things.

"And who said I don't like you?" The girl started "I like you a lot too, Beomgyu. You're so cute and passionate and you always try to be there for everyone, especially for me. And, I want to return the favor and be there for you in everything too."

The two stared at each other's eyes as an awkward yet comforting silence surrounded them. A faint blush decorated Beomgyu's ears. Now that their feeling are out...

"So.. what now?" he asks.

"Umm, maybe we court each other first? I don't think I'm ready to announce something official and I don't think it's the right time as well, with our situation and all.." Ki Chul clutched the stuffed animal in her grasps tighter, unsure of how the other would react to her answer. "Will that be okay?"

Beomgyu softly smiled at the nervous girl. He nodded his head, his fluffy hair bouncing every so slightly.

"Of course, whatever you're comfortable with Ki Chul." He confirmed. The girl just nodded back at him.

He stood up and extended an arm towards her. Confused, her looked at his hand and back at his eyes.

"Let's get you home, Your curfew's coming close. Unless you want to start your delinquent life?" He playfully remarked, lifting the mood up.

Ki Chul immediately took his hand to help herself stand up "Absolutely not! I'm keeping my record clean!"

The boy just chuckled at his girl.

His girl. He smiled at the thought. How did he get so lucky to have snatched a girl like Ki Chul?

──────────────── ■ ────────────────

well, im back (hopefully). sorry it took so long. im just not the best at writing dating scenes, so I got some help from my sister. anyways, im excited for the next chapter ^-^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 1.3K 50
Six years ago, the unthinkable happened, as Taehyun sat next to his girlfriend's deathbed, coming face to face with his future responsibility. The r...
156K 4.6K 27
Y/n runs into a kpop idol from her favorite group, who's on the run from a mob of fans. What will happen when she pretends to not know who he is? Wi...
43.3K 2K 25
"Y/n what are you doing here?" He asks walking to you "well you said you were sick so I thought I'd come by and cheer you up" but I see someone's alr...
116K 4.8K 33
"So you met your tutors son, what's the problem?" "He's Choi Yeonjun" -------------- When a troubled girl finds out that the son of her own tutor is...