Amaranthine Odes | ONC 2022

By yaris052018

She bleeds the odes they began together, But least anyone knew it would be hers forever. •°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°... More

🌪Author's Note🌪
~•Playlist•~
~•Ode to the unknown•~
◻Chapter 01◻✔️
◻Chapter 03◻✔️
◻Chapter 04◻✔️
◻Chapter 05◻✔️
◻Chapter 06◻✔️
◻Chapter 07◻✔️
◻Chapter 08◻✔️
◻Chapter 09◻✔️
◻Chapter 10◻✔️
◻Chapter 11◻✔️
◻Chapter 12◻✔️
~•Epilogue•~
~•To be Proud•~
~•Reader's Table•~

◻Chapter 02◻✔️

67 12 53
By yaris052018

Chaotic Curbs

In the cloaks of my fervor, all hues of the rainbow are just greys and blacks.
~ REMORSE.
__________________⚫___________________

Nooo! Once and for all, tell me I'm in a damn bad dream.

He could hear his plummeting heart scream its trepidation. A shudder of voiding pain rooted down his senses, plaguing his nerves.

When the shroud of desolate agony weaved its play, his impish little finger twitched on his thigh. He held the shivering finger on his palm to warm it. But the clamoring fusses made it prance erratically.

You moron! Open the door. It's her who needs help. His gritty senses clamped him.

All of a sudden, how could she...?

His thoughts wobbled between his reasons, making him tighten his lids.

"Stupid, are you? Just make a move. Damn your pathetic diagnostic fashion."

Between the maddening darkness, he could see himself standing, facing the image on an archaic mirror.

But what will I end up with?

"I said you to take your stand. Have some courage, and this isn't your first time!" The voice roughened.

Yet- Argh! Why the hell is it happening again?

"Past repeats until the present owns it!"

And every failure weakens even the mighty hopes!

He studied his reflection intensely.

"Are we debating now? Keep calm and open the door. She needs you. She is all you have!"

His pragmatic senses prodded him to twist the doorknob.

When the wheel pivots, who am I to choose?

Sighing out the exasperation, he gulped down to seal all the irony. With a firm grip, he unlocked the door with a terrific force, only to halt at the somber cries he heard.

"The ravens of the knight had come tonight,
To spell the misspelled fate of plight,
The hues of autumn had become ashes..."

Through her turned torso, he could see her braided hair facing his fear crashed eyes. Her limping self looked at the white ball of frost in her palms, adorned in little rippling blue lights akin to the snow floating upon the night ocean.

Beads of sweat feasted his creasing temples. Through the odd silence that echoed his quivers, he entered the room. His nose deduced the oddly harsh, icy stench.

Cruel than the wintery storms!

He touched the walls and varnished wooden table only to feel them all a lot cold.

Or am I feverish?

Making the slightest noise possible, he switched on the wilted rose table lamp to birth some light in the murky room. He could see her bob her head to his side with curved lips.

"Ki-Maaya," he called, but she sat the same.

Wooow! Wauuu-

"Shush!" she hushed, waving her pale finger.

"Maiming the fine days of glad blushes,
Smiles of the shine had succumbed to the pain,
Pick me up, not just let it all drain. Drain? Haahaa!"

"Kimaya?"

Awwoouuu! Grrrr- Woooof!

Damn, these stormy groans!

Reverberating thuds of her cackles and horrific howls churned his gut as she turned to his side with life-drained eyes, parting her chapped lips.

"Kimaya! Please-"

Errgg- Waow. Wouw.

His feet froze to his spot to her palms and warning barks. With all his quarrels, he tried to go forward, but something stopped his shivering legs.

Damn. Kill my panic attack!

"Pick me up not, just let it all drain,
No, not my strength but my woes,
Leaving no more specks to throw."

Woof Woof. Hmmuum- Woof!

Her hands swayed as she walked to him, letting the ball of light slip. The veining beams crept up on the walls leaving behind their traces. With every step, her eyes welled up. Her dusky cheeks sunk grey as the salty drips crawled through them. Tushant felt those tears diminish his being.

I failed! I failed her!

He gritted his teeth as his nails dug deep into his fisted palm.

"Keep me saved from these cold ghouls,
Cradle me in the warmth of souls."

Her soft voice teased his ears when she swirled before him with her hands embracing her.

In a moment, her eyes fluttered, making his eyes widen in blight.

Did I see her eyeballs white? Or...

Before his rambles grew louder, she blinked again to deceive him. When he saw her damp honeydews, his speculations were resolved.

"Kimaya, wake up now." A heavy thunder stuck in his heart when she moved closer to him.

"Cradle me with the warmth of souls. Will you?"

Hmuum Hwwumm.

What in the world does that mean?

When his brain battled to read between her words, he saw the light traces shimmer in some yellow hues.

"Life should be beautiful with colors,
Not to be gripped in chaos and horror,
Stop these cries; take me home!"

She ran to the window and threw up her hands to the moon. Her muffled whimpers echoed in the amber-lit walls, birthing some silvery vapors spreading the icy scent.

Tushant couldn't keep up his heart. It had lost all its patience. Mustering his fainting strength, he stepped towards her.

"Stop there!" She cried. But her voice was unusual. Too deep than usual and more gruesome.

"Argh! It's not me who should stop."

Grrrr- Grrr- Woow. Woow. Ergggg-

"What is this? Kimaya, don't scare me more." He shrieked over the scary grit sounds.

"Am I scary?" She threw up her brows. Tushant bit his lips to keep his calm.

"Do you even doubt that?"

UFF UFF HMUUM WHOF!

"Just- Can't we just talk normally? I'm too done with barks and shit. Let's talk, alright?" His hands reached out to her.

"What are you? Haahaa! Do you think your words can bring peace even in ruthless wars?"

"Kimaya! Enough. What do you want?" His rough words concealed the room in deafening darkness.

"Bring me home. Can you?"

Her fragile eyes hunted down his thoughts through the little bleaks of streetlamps.

Hwu. Hwu. Hwuu.

"Can you? Nara?" She whimpered as she sat to embrace something he couldn't decipher.

Am I being deceived-

Crumpled pleats swayed on her chest, making him gulp down the little truth.

Hmuum. Huh Huh Huh.

"Hush, dearie. It's not your fault. Shush!" She cupped her hands as her eyes shrunk.

Hwwwuu Wuuu Wuuu-

"Be calm, my furry friend. Shush!" She sighed, letting her pale fingers tickle the air.

Hmuum Wuuu Wufh!

"Shush. Awe, such beautiful crimson eyes! Never let my worries dim them, Ruru. Alright?"

Hwuu- Hmuum. Woof.

"Go home, Ruru."

She caressed it, letting some panting breaths resound to fade over her voice.

"Ruru? What- Argh! Who the hell is that?"

But silence answered him. Tushant bit his lip tight. From the shirt that clung too glued to her petite curves and the fading runway of drops on her forehead, he could decipher she was sweating a lagoon.

"What home are you talking about?"

Yet again, as always, a perfect hush lingered in the air.

"Kimaya! Don't poke me with silence. Answer-"

"If you can explain this. Will you be able to get it if I answer all your inquiries?" She rose and ambled back to the bolstered balcony.

He could see her hand catching air between her fingers and drawing some meticulous figures that he couldn't discern. With every move, she turned to face something particular, akin to a needle drawn to denote the north.

Is she staring at that man's house?

He peeked through her shoulders only to find it all dark. When he looked at her, she wept with her heavy chest rebelling against falling only to strain heftier than before.

'Break her thoughts, don't be a devil. She is too fragile.' His thoughts compressed him. In a moment, he shut his eyes to decide what he must do.

'Just get her back to her senses. Pull out the injection from the damn pocket.' He could hear a rugged voice.

'Don't, Tushant. Get the secrets spilled.' A composed voice mumbled.

Are you that weak? Don't be a cowardly therapist with a peanut size brain.

'Heed to what you want. If not now, then when?'

A cajoling howl of breeze hushed his roaring debates. He needed this. Thanking the little mercy, he pushed down his burdens.

Tee-Tak.

When he was interrupted by a clicking sound, his heart gave in. He could see her moving to the boulders. As he ran to catch the pace, he took out the syringe and tossed the cap.

Emptying the ounces of air, he held her wrist. With a quick pull, he turned her to his sides. When her rusted browns glared at his stubborn lids, he poked the bevel on her arm. With every push of the medicine down her veins, she sank into his arms.

As his commotions silenced, he carried her to the mattresses. Covering her sleeping self with the lilac-striped soft blankets, he sighed his solace.

On his move, he locked the balcony door and slid the key into his pockets. Before exiting the room, he looked again at the tender sleeping child.

She will not remember it all when she wakes. His heart reminded him.

"They never stop haunting me, either. Out of everyone in this world, why us?"

He kept asking this question every night. The phases of the moon changed, and so did the twinkles of stars and the voyage of woolen clouds. But her illness remained.

Ensuring that the night would be usual, he went to his room. Akin to the drought-cracked sands that engulf the rains, he emptied the pitcher in one go. The sultry winds added to his sweat-drenched self, making him hurry to his balcony.

"I'm heavy and totally done!"

He yelled as his tears streamed down his chiseled jaws. He slapped his face and crashed to the chessboard titled floor. His venting self ruffled his sweat-kissed pelts as his eyes searched for answers from the stars flooded in the grim cloaks of the sky.

"Is it some black magic? Or something paranormal? If yes, then how do drugs act on her rightly?" He kept tossing his questions.

"Who the hell is responsible? Why am I suffering alone?"

After the blasts of pain, he befriended the vacuum that usurped his intentions. He knew he would end up here. But he had no complaints.

When his eyes felt heavy, and his cheeks felt thick from the drying tears, he rose. Exhaling his grief, he turned to his sides. The shades of night had made every color succumb to the palette of greys and blacks.

"Things are normal, except for me." He smiled at his words.

When he was about to leave the balcony, he could see the lights on at the unusual side.

Is he awake at this hour? But it was all dark moments back!

His eyes blurred with every ounce of strain. He cleared off the moist dews that meshed his lashes only to decipher the silhouette of the man standing behind the fleeting somber curtains.

"Is that you who is awake?" Tushant yelled.

But his visions blurred yet again. When he cleared it, all he could see was darkness. Around and within.

FOOTNOTE:

Nara: A Sanskrit word for Human Being.

Ruru: A form of Kaal bhairva who believes in Mahadev and can destroy adverse energies.

Tadaaa, our 2k milestone is achieved. Leave your musings and thoughts.

Ever in your memory,
🪢Yaris🪢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.5K 6.4K 46
The room was messed up like a hurricane has destroyed it , with scattered things, torn pillows, broken glaces pieces but within all of it the most sh...
9.5K 1.3K 25
⊰ The Wattys 2021 Shortlist ⊱ ⊰ Winner of the Wattpad India Awards 2020 Fantasy and Adventure ⊱ ; Two brave hearts emerged from the tragedy- one a sa...
6.8K 527 30
Him: I've become crazy in your love. She: I never asked you to love me. (She says with an emotionless face) Him: (Seeing her reaction, his heart ache...
16.2K 1.1K 31
I love you, Alara! My love for you knows no bounds-I would sacrifice everything for you!! ...