Midnight Memories

By CallmeCristine

• An Eremika Vampire Au The moon turns Vermilion The horror and nightmares Keeps her... More

MIDNIGHT Memories
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 [Bittersweet]
Epilogue [Would they be able to have their happy ever after now?]
Final Note

Chapter 4

311 21 3
By CallmeCristine

Chapter 4

          "Vampires?" Mikasa said, crossing her arms as she sat down in the couch, infront oif her is Sasha, her bestfriend who explain things to her about vampires. Mikasa ask her how she know about their existence and she replied that she researched about them. Her eyes are shining as she said those words to her, as if it's the best thing ever.

The brown haired girl smiled, " Yep, they live for thousand of years."

It was a confusing theory, the scientist says they don't exist in this world but the news says otherwise. " They were not afraid of sunlight as humans thought they were, they just prefer the silence of the night. There's no clear explanation how they began existing into the world though but it was said that they live on a parallel universe of Earth. There is no proof about that though so who knows."

" I can't find that in the internet, are you sure about that?" Mikasa said, not believing what Sasha had told her.  " ..besides, it's a myth. Vampires are myths that people created for fun."

" You ain't sure about that honey,"   The  girl replied, " I am pretty sure of my theories besides if Giants could exist then Vampires can too, the existence of Giants were proven by science so why not the existence of Vampires."

" You have a point, " Mikasa sighs solemnly.

" Are you feeling fine? You said your head hurts." Sasha said while taking a sip of her coffee.

" Yeah, I'm fine now. It always happen anyway. Those weird shit dreams, I don't even want to remember it." She sigh, " Those are weird dreams, I don't know why I'm getting them."

" You should probably go and ask for a therapy." Sasha recommended to her, " but what did Sir Erwin told you?"

" That I'll be on Maria's company department , Maria being the capital city. It's the worst day ever."

The City of Maria has the most high-tech things of all Eldia, it is a great opportunity really but being her, she doesn't like the vibe of it, like that place is clouded by mystery and she didn't want to get any closer to that place but knowing her boss, she would have to go there despite the fact that she didn't like the Capital City at all.  The Capital city, it's a place where the richest people of all Eldia lives.
" Then, come there. It's a really great place, maybe you'll be better in there. Who knows you might also find the love of your life in that place. "  Mikasa sip her tea as she look at her friend, observing her.

" It seems like you have a lot of knowledge about vampires, why is that Sasha? " Mikasa's eyes narrowed together as she look at her friend.  " You said they aren't a myth but you also said that they weren't something a human expect them to be. You said that like you know so much about them, If they were even true Sasha, tell me the truth. "

Mikasa wasn't dumb, she can pick up with people easily despite the fact that she prefer being alone most of the time. Sasha gave her a nervous laughter while sipping her tea, it was an advantage that Mikasa knows Sasha for a very long time. She could easily read her like an open book Sasha is hiding something from her and she needed to know what that is. The brown haired woman gave her a smile ,  " I don't know what you're talking about Mikasa. If it's about vampires, I read a lot of book about them besides the scientist said that there aren't vampires but a serial killer in that place. Right? Don't you remember Dr. Kirschtein said that in the news?"

Right, there was. doctor named Jean Kirschtein who is apparently the one testing the dead bodies, and based on the autopsy that he run to the body it says that the dead man was attack by a steel object with two sharp points.

→ Everything is a weapon if you use it hard enough.

Even when it was explained by the professionals themselves, some people still believe it was from vampires and it was hard to admit it but she was one of those people who believe that those were made by vampires. Her visions prove that to her, in some cases it's probably a delusion. 

"Will you help me pack, Sasha? " She look at the girl who is having a nice time eating the delicacies in her table. " Sasha?Sasha. Sasha!!" She shouted at the woman and Sasha look at her with a deadpanned expression while wiping her mouth.

" What? I'm having a good time eating here you know." 

" Atleast , help me pack first. I can't pack all of these alone besides you've already eaten more than half of it atleast gave some to me."

" Oh sorry, I thought you didn't like it so you left it in the table but let's go and get this started. I'll be seeing you at the big city more often." Sasha said enthusiastically and began putting clothes on boxes.

" I guess," she shrugged. " .. if only I won't be busy with my work. You know, big city, high expectancy and there are a lot of professionals out there. Mr. Erwin's new partner Mr. Yeager was the one who helped the new branch to built. I heard that his investment costs about twenty five percent of the total investment, Mr. Erwin is only higher by three percent."

Sasha smiled at her, " Well, Shall we got going. I want to see your apartment in the city. Mr. Erwin prepared one right, ahh its probably luxurious." 

" Well, yeah maybe." Mikasa grabbed the bags while Sasha grab the other ones. They went outside of the apartment building and to where Mikasa's car is located.

"This is so nice." Sasha said dreamily, " let's go."

       _______________________

A sigh escape her lips as she inhaled the sweet aroman of the coffee that she's currently drinking while reading a book of Romeo and Juliet, with her glasses on, a beret on her head and a thick coat to protect herself from the cold weather. It was a snowy day, the weather is drops to negative five degree celcius whick is incredibly cold and she's inside a cafe prots Ted with thick glasses and a heater inside of it.

" One Cappuccino please." She heard someone said after the person rang the bell. 

" Ok sir, coming up." The voice is too loud for her to ignore it. Then it was silence a few minute skater, she heard a click clak of shoes but ignored it.

"May I take this seat?" She can feel his gaze towards her so Mikasa just nodded at him, she didn't have a choice. She doesn't want to sound like a bitch to someone asking for a seat while she's not even occupying it.

"Wow, you read that book." Hearing that familiar voice, she lowered her book to look at the person infront of her.

Those shing green eyes, the ytorment her in her sleep. The eyes of a man she knew yet she never met before, those eyes that gave her a familiar comfort behind them, the voice familiar because they have spoken to each other before though it was queit short and she see him on her dream, they were neighbors and he killed a vampire who is about to attack her at that time. 

"Yeah, ummm...your Eren right?" She said awkwardly, the man nodded his head and smile at her.

" Yes, I am. How did you know?"

" Well, you are my boss business partner." And you look like the blurred man in my dreams.

"Ahh, I thought."  The smile on his face was a bit strange, he look at the book that she was holding again. " Romeo and Juliet ? have you finish that?"

" Yeah, I was rereading the book." She replied to him.

" What a coincidence that we saw each other here, Miss? Ah, I'm sorry I forgot your name."

Mikasa smiled at him and raised her hand to shake with him. " It's Mikasa.."  she replied with a tiny blush on her face.

She looks cute , he thinks to himself. 
" It's a story that ended as a tragedy." He said and smile, " Just like...us."

" Excuse me, what was that again? I didn't hear it, you said that like you are whispering to yourself."  Mikasa once again gave him a smile as  he shake his head and smile.

" It was nothing." 

"Here is your coffee sir."  The waiter said and smiled at two of them, " Enjoy." Then the Waiter left the two of them. 

" Do you like Romeo and Juliet?" She ask him again and he sighed, giving a long 'mmm' as if he was thinking but also agreeing - maybe appreciating the drink.

" Well, not really. It was a tragedy, Romeo and Juliet isn't even a love story it's just a two days relationship between a seventeen years old and a thirteen years old."

Mikasa chuckled at his words,
" Well, true." She cross her arms after she put the book in the table.   " It was kind of sad though, causing death around them in three days."

"The family is rivals." She added.

Eren hummed, " The coffee here is good don't you think?"

"Yes, it's really nice." She nodded her head, " It has bitterness and sweetness, creamy. It's exeptionaly good."

Eren nodded at her,a smile on his features as he look at her.
" Right, This is the best I've tasted." Then he added, "  Well, it's nice meeting you Miss Mikasa. Till we met again then?"

Eren stood up and Mikasa stood up in response too, it was fast. One second she's talking to him and the next second, he is outside walking. Mikasa immediately stood up and run outside to see him, luckily he's still there.

" Mr. Yeager, hey! Wait up!"

The green eye'd man stop from his tracks as he heard her call for his name. She was panting when she went outside, holding her knees.

" I haven't gotten your number." She run towards him saying those words, a smile on her face.
" I really hope we meet again someday and so I want to get your number."

" Well, I could give you my number but are you sure your not a scammer." He look at her, his face still void of any emotion as he said those but his words, surely he is not serious right?

"Pardon?"  Mikasa raised an eyebrow at him, " Are you for real?"

"You can't be sure this days, some pretty faces is used to scam people."

" One, thanks for calling me beautiful and no, I'm not a scammer. Infact, you look more of a scammer than me." He scoff when she said that. Biting his inner cheek, he tapped the cold floor as he thinks of giving his number to the girl who look exactly as his dead wife but they have a very different personality, as he remembered his wife is a gracious woman and this woman -no offense, sounds dumb in his point of view but he enjoys her little company.

" What the !! " She scoff at him,
" Shut up ugly peasant. I'm giving you a good company."

His little facade of a cold face crumpled when she called him an ugly peasant.
" Nobody ask for your company."

He looks pissed off but oh well, she looks pissed off too anyway.
" Oh, fine. I hope I won't see you again." She said and he look at her in surprise then his eyes clouded with sadness.

"Ugh!!..fine who likes you anyway?"

"Many boys at my highschool and College." She responded with a red face.

He look surprise, his mouth turns into an 'o'  before closing it and opening it like a fish.

"They had such terrible taste then.".

→ What he actually meant: They have such good taste because I fell for the same.

            __________________

I want a cute Eren thing in fiction alright, there's no way any of my fiction would be very serious because I will feel sad if I do and I hate sadness because it's a shitty feeling.

Screenshots from the New Episode and as usual it's 10/10 or ∞, Even when I feel pain, sadness, disappointed , anger at this anime I just love the pain it gave me 😭 The heck ♥

Never thought I'd hate a character more than I hate Yui's stupidity , He is a pedophile

→ Poor Ymir

→ All I could say is I don't understand love, I mean I know but to sacrifice your life for someone who doesn't even treat your right? I can't.
→ Or maybe because she doesn't have a will of her own.

→They really showed it 👁️👄👁️
It's fine and why is there an 18+ there, didn't notice that before.

→ It collapses and the Titans are there, rumbling is coming. They will probably animate the decapitation since they show us that Maria, Rose, and Sheena ate their mother.

→ This scene is a bit funny for a really weird reason, nothing. It's just funny. Am I an idiot or what?

→ She is too pretty and she's bad for my heart. Eremika is my love 🥺🥺, I really hate x reader but if you like it I don't care either.

→ Don't mind the Titans, these two are my precious babies.

→ I'm sorry Eren for all the sadness you are feeling deep inside of you, probably to all the guilt and for the things you want that you never got to achieve in this lifetime, Maybe in another life huh? 😭
→ New book idea, I'll write that soon but probably in Twitter or here? 🤷‍♀️

→ Don't be sad my dear, I'll be sad too but even after years I think she will still have that hole in her heart, having to kill the man she love for the sake of humanity.

→ My guess is right, it's blue.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 1.4K 39
An Undertale fan gets reincarnated into the Alphatale Multiverse. Will they use the knowledge gathered from their first life to their advantage? Or w...
12.5K 919 11
⪼Beaten up and betrayed, {Y/N} dies an unfair death because of their backstabbing best friend. ≫Realizing they have been reincarnated, {Y/N} searches...
817K 23.9K 56
Sora, a guy who was reading up on "That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime", had not been paying attention when he got struck by a moving truck. H...
175K 6K 22
《Confirmed. Reconstructing the spirit...『Gamers mind』 has been acquired. Report. 『Gamers mind』 and 『Gamers body』 evolved into one skill category: 『G...