The babysitter

By Wait_For_My_Shot

Percy Jackson finally gets a break. And where did she go? The most crime ridden city in the world, Gotham. S... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty-Eight

Forty-Seven

9.9K 393 67
By Wait_For_My_Shot

"You ready to go, Doll?" Jason asked, standing up. He offered me a hand and I took it. Slightly groaning at the pain in my ribs. "You alright?"

"Yeah, just a little sore." I smile.

"Bart got a few punches in and I think Cassie did as well." Tim informed.

"Hmh." Batman looked at me. "I'll have Agent A take a look when we get back."

"It's fine." I waved him off.

"Don't be stupid, Riptide" Damian rolled his eyes, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the tubes.

"I'm fine." I rolled my eyes and waved at Jason who was still standing by the couch.

When we appeared back in the bat-cave, Damian called out. "Pennyworth!"

"You need to be nicer to him." I scold.

"It's his job to serve us. I'm just fulfilling his purpose." Damian rolled his eyes.

I stopped and pulled my hand from his grip. "Damian Wayne! How dare you say that? Alfred is a hard working individual and without him you would have to do everything yourself. You sit up on this high and mighty horse but you have to have respect for other people. The way you treat people who you deem as 'beneath' you is completely unacceptable."

"I assure you, Miss Perseus, I have been treated worse." Alfred said as Damian stormed off.

"That's not far either." I sigh, hopping on the table.

"Now what did Master Damian need from me?"

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"She needs to be checked out. Got a few hits in training." Bruce said, slipping his cowl off and sitting in front of the computer.

"Alright." Alfred nodded and began checking my ribs.

Jason came up to me. "Where's the Demon?"

"Oh, I pissed him off." I rolled my eyes. "Called him out for treating Alfred poorly. But I feel like I went too far."

"Ah, he's fine. The brat got what was coming for him." Jason shrugged.

Alfred frowned and went to get something after telling me to stay here. "So, what's the diagnose, Doc?"

"I believe you have a fractured rib." Alfred glared at me lightly.

"But it doesn't feel like all the other broken ribs I've gotten." I tilt my head.

"This one is just a hairline fracture. Nothing to painful. The bruising seems to be a bit more severe. Now, would you like to go somewhere more private to wrap these?" Alfred came back with some ace bandages.

"I can keep my bra on, right?" I asked. Alfred nodded. "Nah, it's fine."

"Very well, then." Alfred nodded and with my help to expose my ribs.

Jason gawked at the bruises. "Holy shit. That looks painful."

I looked down to see dark blue and purple bruises in fist sized circles. I sighed. I was hoping to get training in with Dick before he left for Blüdhaven. Thankfully, he went back to his room so I could probably get away with it as long as Damian and Jason don't know about it. Speaking of Damian, I should probably go talk to him. Explain my outburst more. 

"Yes, I'm sure it is. Which is why I request that you stay in bed for the next couple of days and not train." Alfred said, starting to firmly wrap my ribs.

I groaned. Although I have worked training out of my schedule more and more over the past year, I had nothing else to do. And what's the say, distance only makes the heart grow fonder? Plus, I didn't have school work and stress talking up most of my schedule. "How did the mission go?"

"It went well, I guess." Jason shrugged. "It didn't go badly."

"What do you have to say, Bruce?" I asked, mimicking a news caster. "Anything you would like to add to the story."

Jason laughed at my stupidity beside me. Bruce turned around and explained more about the mission. It was some off world creature that posed a threat to the planet so they dealt with it in pace before it became a real problem. "That's so cool. I've never been in space."

"Really?" Jason asked. As if he's been I space a bunch of times.

"The farthest I've been is Greece." I shrug. Everyone stares at me before I provide more information. "Like, the farthest I've been away from home."

Every nodded and realized where Greece came into play with space. I blushed at the thought that everyone here was a lot smarter than me and they all probably thought I was stupid. Which makes me wonder what Jason really sees in me. When me and Annie were thinking about having something between us, it was the trauma that connected us past years of friendships and the feelings. I'm not really sure she saw anything in me either. I'll have to ask Jason about that later.

"Perc?" Jason broke me from my thoughts.

I realize I've been staring at the floor and Alfred was already at the door to Bruce's office. "Hmh?"

"You zoned out. Everything alright, Doll?" He asked. I could see Bruce glance at me out of the corner of his eyes. I smiled and assured him everything was fine.

"Can I just take the suit upstairs and return it after I've changed?" I asked Bruce.

Bruce didn't even look back at me. "The suit is basically yours. After the whole kidnapping situation I altered the suit to better fit your weapons and fighting style. Although, I do recommend leaving it here."

I nod. "Dope. Thanks."

Jason raised an eyebrow at my vocabulary. "How 'bout I go and get you a change of clothes and you wait here."

I shrugged. Jason nodded and walked up the stairs. Since I had nothing better to do I decided to annoy Bruce. "So, what do you do when your not Bruce Wayne, the millionaire playboy and your not fighting crime?"

The corners of Bruce's lips turn up. "Sleep. I don't have much time off."

"Maybe take a vacation." I shrugged.

"Who would watch over Gotham?"

"Why do you have your apprentices if you don't trust the city with them?" I counter.

"The people of Gotham expect Batman. The villains expect Batman."

"I'm not saying to retire, I'm just saying take a week off. I'm sure you have enough vacation days and if worse comes to worse I will step in and patrol."

"And what would I do in that time?" Bruce has finished his report and spun in his chair to look at me.

"Hang out with your kids. Pick up a hobby?" I shrugged. "Cook a meal for your kids so Alfred can take a day off. I'll even clean the house so he doesn't have trouble when he comes back."

"It's not use. B is a workaholic." Jason descends the stairs with a pile of clothes in his hands. He hands them to me with a smile.

"You love to read and you're not reading now. Everyone takes a sometime." I shrug and go back to the changing room. It was one of Jason's shirts and a pair of my sweatpants.

I come back out and place the neatly folded suit on the table. Putting Riptide in my pocket and took out Jason's knife. He was finishing up his conversation with Bruce and tried to focus on the knife so I could listen in on accident. It was something about not pushing someone away and him having a good influence. Jason shook his head with an angry laugh then started walking towards me. I fiddled with the knife as I waited to see if he would pass me or wait for me to join him. Jason slowed his pace and nodded his head towards the stairs.

"What was that about?" I ask softly.

Jason shook his head. "Nothing."

I waited a couple more seconds, trying to see if the tension was tight or not. Deciding to test the waters. "How was space?"

"It was okay." Jason shrugged. "Cold."

"Was it like cold cold, like the movies say it is, or is it like cold as in Manhattan winter?"

Jason glanced at me smirking, knowing that I was trying to cheer him up. "What's the difference?"

"One's in space." I smirk.

"No shit." Jason laughs.

1375 words

2/7/22

Hey! I feel like I'm writing childish and I don't know how her and Bruce's relationship should be like.

Also, I found the image on tumblr and the artist(I think? The person who post it) is in the corner. But I thought it was funny considering the conversation Jason and Percy had a few chapters ago.

Pieces Angels and Stay Safe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 9.9K 38
After the wars, after all the people she lost, Percy was tired. She was done with the mythical world, all she wanted was peace. So she returned home...
216K 7.4K 48
It's a new day. Bruce Wayne has been living the normal life. Billionaire Playboy by day, and Batman by night. Until recently, that is. He's noticed s...
9.1K 170 27
IMPORTANT: I have a major writers block since August 2020, and I haven't updated this story properly ever since. And honestly, I'm not sure if I want...
154K 2.7K 22
what if percy wasn't able to save his mom? what if he finds out his mom has a older brother and starts to live with his uncle? read to find out more...