Leslie's Assistant

By JayTimFanBoy

"Succeed for me." Jason suddenly breaks the silence while Tim was wrapping up the small gash on his arm with... More

II - Let the Teasing Begin

I - A Childhood Promise

58 1 0
By JayTimFanBoy

"Succeed for me." Jason suddenly breaks the silence while Tim was wrapping up the small gash on his arm with his handkerchief. "Alright Timmy?" Jason adds after a few seconds of Tim not answering, then he looks at Tim directly in the eyes. Although the domino was covering his best friend's crush's eyes, he can see the shocking blue of Jason's eyes looking at him like it's burning through his soul.

Tim performs the final knot to secure the wound, he smiles and finally looks back to Jason, smiling and firmly nodding.

Tim sits beside him and he scours through his bag, handing Jason a granola bar, a selection of sweets, and a bottle of cold water. "Thanks Timbit."

This was usual, them hanging out during Jason's patrol. It started when he saved Tim from almost getting mugged with his camera. He was a little careless but Robin, dove in and gave the mugger a good beating.

After that, you would think Tim would stop following, but no he didn't of course, cause he was dang stubborn like that. That moment lead to Jason eventually giving up, he didn't stop Tim from following him but he didn't mind it at all. It's not like Tim is being such a brat, in fact, they kind of share a partnership.

Tim was good at tending to Jason's wounds, often gave him a snack and some water if he was exhausted. Then it lead to him eventually revealing his identity to the kid, because he damn well trust him like that, but he was also shocked to find out that Tim had already figured it all out.

It was impressive, obviously. A fucking kid, not even above 20, figuring out Batman's well-kept secret, well not so well-kept really.

It's all but fond memory, when Tim wakes up for his shift again that early in the morning. Tim misses him, so much. He has no time for sulking though, as the vigilante he once adored is no longer at his grasp when the Joker took his life. It was unfair, Tim wanted to scream so much that day when they announced Jason Todd's death. When they pronounced him dead on the news. He was planning on confessing to him on their next meet up, whether it's with their civvies or during his patrol. He did nothing but sob and cry that day and he went on and promised, that someday he will be successful, someday he will get a degree in medicine, someday he'll be able to save hundreds of lives just like Jason did, that someday he'll be able to make his love proud.

A lot of hardships went along with his dream of course, one of which was even his parents. They weren't very supportive of his career because they wanted Tim to be a business major, because he's supposed to be the one inheriting or getting their company. They went even as far as threatening to disown him of their wealth, which was nothing to him as he already had a good job that pays him a lot. He was working part-time with Wayne Tech, his parents' rival company. He majored with medicine but he didn't let his prowess with technology go to waste of course.

After Batma— Mr. Wayne got a hold of his resume, they saw his potential and immediately put him through Barbara Gordon's gauntlet as they call it. He went through multiple tests and hacking shit for an entire day, it was worth it as he got hired the next day. He would even go as far as to say that they were impressed, as Wayne Tech's main technical team only accommodates 50-100 people, and he ran and completed the tests in just one day.

Getting his first salary, he immediately moved out, bought himself a large apartment and saved some of it for his college tuitions and monthly expenses. After getting his life together and finishing college at just 17 years old, (he skipped a lot of grade levels) he resigned and went to pursue his medical career. People at Wayne Tech repressed their disappointment but respected his decision. Even Barbara and Bruce were upset of him leaving. Tim could stay there as the job pays really good money, but he didn't want to, that's not what he promised to his deceased best friend.

After a year of being in contract at Gotham General, he became a permanent there and was even labeled one of the best perioperative nurses at the ER, eventually his parents also rested six feet under after an 'accident' at one of their expeditions. Even though they acted like absolute shit to him, he did find the time to mourn and be upset about their sudden death. He was depressed for what felt like a year but really, it was only for months. He sold the company and the manor as it served as a constant reminder of him of his past. The ones of Dick's parents dying that night at the circus as he always stared at the red banner at their dining area and that's what it reminded him of, his loneliness and sadness of being almost forgotten and neglected because if his parent's constant leavings, and most of all, it reminded him of what he lost with Jason as he stared at his room decorated with nothing but the pictures he took back when they used to meet up a lot.

He got over it and his triumph at his career earned the attention of the Leslie Thompkins. Bruce Wayne's godparent and a very famous Doctor at Gotham, and the vigilantes' physician. But of course, only Tim knew about her being that, it wasn't exactly a public information and Tim did a fuck ton of snooping and stalking back in the day.

The next thing he knew, that night he received an e-mail. It was not a business e-mail, it was a proposal, something Tim didn't expect by any means.

Confidential: Open only when you're alone.
Sender: LeslieMaurinThompkins@GothamGen.com Time Sent: 12:30 AM
To: TimothyJDrake@GothamGen.com

Mr. Drake,

It was of my pure intention to meet you personally and speak with you about something, but when I checked your schedule from one of the nurses, she mentioned something about your shift being constantly full as you're a surgical nurse in demand. I want to meet and speak with you formally and personally so please, do consider this offer. I'm looking forward into getting to know more about you. Once you've made up your mind, feel free to reply with this email once you are available or when your day is not too hectic and tiresome, mind you, being at the ER and conducting routines with some patients is very frustrating. I am well aware of that. With that said, I'm hoping for your consideration Mr. Drake. And just please, don't tire up yourself too much by working too hard, sometimes even someone like a nurse needs rest, heck every person does. It's what we prescribe to patients too right?

With Regards, Leslie.

Tim's hands were fucking shaking. Is this for real? Am I dreaming or something? He slaps himself and confirms it was real once he feels the heat and pain of his own upbringing.

Holy shit!

Of course, he wouldn't turn down an offer so he emailed back, sending that he was free at the next two days as it is his day off but this morning he's needed back at the office but today was also a no go for him at the ER as Stephanie said that it was all under control and they don't need the best of the best to work in. He just settled for routines and checkups with some of the patients that were already performed surgery on.

After passing off all of the medicine, he was brought into the pedia section, where apparently a doctor didn't go in and they were supposed to incorporate the vaccines. Tim hated being assigned to this.

He liked children but getting them upset by the presence of an injection is gonna make your thought go away as fast as it came. They cry incredulously loud and keeps moving, so administering the vaccines and shots were difficult. If he's not at the ER, he is here, because apparently he has the 'magic touch' when it comes to kids. He's not supposed to be there, he was a dang surgical nurse but he takes it.

Just as he sits and was interviewing the parents or guardians of supposed children, he spots a new man, leaning against the wall, stealing a couple of glances at his direction. He looked... familiar. Tim can't just place where he'd met him. He was wearing a leather jacket and jeans, teal eyes with a shock of white hair complimenting his over all handsome face. He really looks like someone he's met before—

~~~

Jason goes inside Gotham General, reasoning with Dick that he was looking for intel. It was a lie though, he'd been eager to go here ever since he heard Bruce and Leslie in the Batcave's medbay, talking about letting a new nurse in to help Leslie. That the nurse was apparently top-notch and have been getting promotions and awards left and right with just working in the fucking ER for almost two years.

That the nurse was apparently Timothy Jackson Drake. He remembers the name so well. Jason's best friend, Jason's ally, Jason's partner, Jason's everything back in the day. The little Timmy he's come to know have apparently grown into a gorgeous young man, let Jason rephrase that, a hot, gorgeous, successful and an amorous young man during Jason's time sleeping six feet under.

A kid who was sitting next to him goes in distress, sending waves upon waves of wails that were worse that Banshee's. "Now, Now, no need to panic kiddo." The nurse starts and pats the boy's back, "C'mon now Lucas, you can be braver than this right?" Even though his best friend's voice went a few octaves lower, he can still recognize it.

The kid's crying lowers, "W-Will it— Will it h-hurt?" the kid asks with a shaky voice.

Tim offers him a smile, "It will hurt at first, but trust me, it will be just a pinch. Like red ant biting you." The kid frowns again, "Once the needle enters, it will be as fast as you can say Mississippi and voila! A disease will be fearful of you!" Tim makes jazz hands that makes the kid laugh.

"P-Promise?"

"I promise. Now, why don't you hold on to my shoulder and just squeeze it when you feel pain. If you don't cry while I'm doing it, I'm giving you a surprise!" Tim bargains with the kid. The kid- Lucas' face lights up and he nods excitedly.

"It will be easy as pie." Tim says before going down on his knees. Lucas holds onto his shoulder for dear life, and covers his eyes.

Tim prods the skin, "Ready Lucas? 1, 2..." Tim punctures the needle and he can see the kid's hand quivering while holding on his shoulder. Tim presses on it and watches as the contents of the syringe empties. "and 3." Tim pulls out the needle and gives the kid a smile. "Now that wasn't so bad was it?"

Lucas smiles, "Mommy I'm so brave!!!" He exclaims.

"Indeed." His mother remarks and ruffles his hair.

Tim pulls out what seemed like ziplock bag, containing a juice carton, candy, and stickers. "As promised, here's your prize. Congrats on being a brave young lad." Tim ruffles his hair. "Eat your vegies, so you can grow big and strong, like me!" Tim flexes his lean arm. It was lean but it had ropes of muscle.

The kid looked at him in the eyes with awe. "One day, I wanna be like you."

"Alright then." Tim smiles at him, "Succeed for me." Jason gasps at the familiarity of the phrase, "Alright Lucas?" Tim follows up.

Lucas starts jumping in joy and holds onto his mother. "Let's go mother! And thank you again!!!" the boy looked at him one last time before striding off with his mother.

Damn, Timmy's good with kids. Jason thought to himself. Jason smiled fondly, before heading outside and going for his motorcycle. He reaches for his keys as he curses every demon in his head for playing him like this at such a hot day.

"Missing something?" Jason looks behind and he spots the person he was just stalking a few moments ago.

"Uh- yeah... actually." Jason scratches the back of his neck.

Tim chuckles, "Well, I saw you drop this from the wall you were leaning against before you left." Tim hands him the key.

"Thanks!" Jason remarks before winking and putting on his helmet.

"Have a safe drive..."

"Peter."

"Alright, have a safe drive Peter."

"Have a nice day too Nurse Drake." Jason battens before starting up his motor and driving fastly, away from the hospital with his heart racing.

~~~

"So... Peter huh?" Stephanie whispers from behind him.

Tim almost jumps out of his skin, "What the heck Stephanie!" Tim smacks her in the arm.

"So, who is the guy?"

"Didn't you just say his name girlie?" Tim snarks.

"You know what I mean Nurse Drake."

"I swear he's nothing. He dropped his keys and I just returned it." He also looked sort of familiar and similar to my deceased crush goes unsaid.

"I caught him stealing glances from you, like a hundred times." Stephanie sing-songs.

"When I love your game of matchmaking, I am so heavily not interested Nurse Brown. So please, let's just go back inside and finish our jobs."

"Whatever you say Nurse Drake." Stephanie teases once again.

Tim rolls his eyes and walks in with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 22.4K 80
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
201K 10.4K 44
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
423K 28.8K 43
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
417K 10.5K 59
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...