Aevumiter

By MarshmalowMilkshake

Waking up at 12 Grimmauld Place wouldn't have been something concerning except for a few things. 1. Harry had... More

1: Hallucinations
2: Time & Wizengamot
3: Prefect
4: Boggart
5: Train
6: Sorting Hat
7: Slytherin
8: Arguments
9: Umbridge
10: Conversations
11: Detention
12: Kindness
13: Ollivander's
14: Inheritance
15: Flirting
16: Development
17: Mentor
18: Dream
19: First Names
20: Pensieve
21: Potter's Glasses
22: Side
23: Twilight Trouble
24: Partners
25: Thestrals
26: Revelations
27: Agony
28: Confrontation
29: Bonds
30: Light
31: Plans
32: Gaunt
33: Promise
35: Christmas
36: Potter
37: Battle, Again

34: Moon

10K 535 98
By MarshmalowMilkshake

Draco gagged. "That is absolutely disgusting."

"Sorry. It can't be helped." Remus said.

"I suppose I'll have to be getting used to it." Draco said, looking at the empty goblet that was previously filled with the Wolfsbane potion. 

"It is better than the alternative." Remus said.

"So, we have three options for what to do, right?" Sirius asked. "The first is retrofitting another of the rooms to be able to hold Draco. The second is you share and we hope you don't fight each other. The third is Harry and Draco stay here, and Remus goes elsewhere."

"I think we should just empty an extra room for the night." Harry said. "We aren't sure Draco will transform, and we don't need to make it worse for Remus."

"I won't be kicking you out of your own home, Remus." Draco said firmly. "That would be horrible manners."

Remus' mouth twitched in a smile. "Then I suppose we'll have to empty out a room."

"Lovely, more cleaning." Sirius said, staring blankly ahead.

~~~

Remus opened the door to the muggle jeweler in a wonderfully light mood. The bell over the door alerted the shopkeep that he had a customer.

"Well hello. What can I do for you today Sir?"

"I'm looking for a couple rings." Remus said. 

"A couple of rings, hm?" The shopkeep asked. "Do you have anything in mind or just looking for something that catches your eye?"

"One in white gold, and I'm not sure for the other." Remus said, walking over to the counter. 

"Alright. We've got white gold and others." The shopkeep said. "What size for the white gold, do you know?"

"Um." Remus frowned. Muggles did need sizes, as they couldn't magically adjust. "It doesn't actually matter. It's for a photography project..."

The shopkeep raised a brow. "That's a new one. So, it's all about the looks, then. Well, over here's some of the white gold."

Remus carefully looked over what he had. "There." 

The shopkeep reached in and picked up the ring Remus had spotted. It was a wider white gold band with an intricate filigree design.  "It's a pretty one, though I'm not sure how old it is."

"I think I'll be taking that one, definitely." Remus said with a smile.

"Excellent." The shopkeep said.

Finding the second ring took more time. Remus had many more things to take into consideration for this one. Eventually Remus settled on a simple gold ring with three square cut diamonds. He hoped that he was making the right choices.

Really, Remus couldn't believe the odds. Both Harry and Draco had separately asked him to procure a ring. Remus was certain it was for each other- but neither had directly said it. 

Remus returned to Grimmauld Place to find three faces eagerly awaiting him. He suddenly realized that he would have to manage to get the rings to their respective person without the other one noticing something was off.

Remus walked over to Sirius, and wrapped him in an embrace. He slipped one of the boxes into Sirius' pocket. "Pass that to Harry when Draco isn't looking." He whispered. 

Sirius grinned. When Remus started to loosen his embrace and step back, Sirius pulled him down to give him a kiss. Remus flushed pink. 

"Well. Um. Draco, how about you show me what you three have done to the room?" Remus suggested.

"Alright." Draco said. Remus followed him in. "Did you find it?" Draco asked quietly.

Remus handed him the box containing the gold ring. Draco opened it, and a small smile tugged at his lips. He nodded. "It'll do. Thank you."

Remus sighed. "Thank Merlin. I was worried."

"No need to worry. This is good. Better than I could have hoped." Draco said. 

~~~

When Draco and Remus walked into the room, Sirius turned to Harry. He pulled the box from his pocket, and handed it to him. "Is that what I think it is?" He asked Harry quietly.

Harry blushed, and ran up the stairs to his room. Sirius chased after, grinning. He closed the bedroom door behind him. 

"Well? Is that what I think it is?" Sirius asked.

"Well..." Harry said, and opened it. "Oh. It's perfect."

Sirius peered over Harry's shoulder. "It is! Right? That's for Draco?"

"No, it's for Voldemort." Harry deadpanned.

Sirius laughed, and hugged Harry. Harry returned it, holding him just as eagerly. 

"Do you think he'll like it?" Harry asked.

"Probably. It's fancy but tasteful. It's not silver, is it?" Sirius asked. "That'll sting if he wears it for long."

"No, it's white gold. I asked for that specifically." Harry said.

"Good, good. I think it's perfect." Sirius said.

~~~

Harry would creep away from Draco when he could, to take some time to work on the ring. He weaved protection magic into the metal, as carefully as he could. And when he was done he would hide it away, and crawl back into bed with Draco.

In the dorms, they had generally stuck to their own beds. At least, until nightmares or restlessness called them to the other. Since they'd been in Grimmauld, they had skipped the first half and just shared the bed. Unsurprisingly, they both slept better.

Harry hated how sickly Draco was looking as of late. He knew that it wasn't his fault, that Draco was now afflicted- but he still felt guilty. He had taken Draco to the Ministry. Harry just held Draco closer, and supported him however he could.

~~~

The full moon came both slowly and quickly. Draco and Remus both stood wearing bath robes- no point ruining good clothes when you could just shrug off a robe.

Remus set a hand on Draco's shoulder. Draco nodded.

"I... I'll see you both in the morning." Draco said to Remus and Sirius.

"We'll see you then." Sirius said. "I'd say good luck, but... I don't think that's necessarily appropriate."

"I understand the sentiment." Draco said. "Thank you."

Harry slipped his hand into Draco's, and gave a light squeeze. 

Sirius and Remus went to their werewolf-proofed room, Harry and Draco into the other. Harry secured the wards behind them, ensuring that Draco wouldn't be able to leave and cause any harm.

When Harry turned around, Draco was sitting on the floor, wringing his hands. Harry sat down next to him, and slung an arm around his shoulders. Draco curled in against Harry, resting his head in the crook of Harry's neck.

"I'm terrified." He admitted, the words barely audible.

"I know." Harry said. "I am too. We'll get through this. I'm staying right here."

"Thank you."

Draco grunted as the first moment of pain hit him. Harry ran his fingers through Draco's hair in an attempted soothing gesture. Draco's breathing grew heavy, and he felt his body start to shift in an unnatural way. He pulled away from Harry and shrugged off the robe.

Draco felt his physicality change. His nose became a snout, his hands turned to paws. His tail twitched. His whole body ached.

Harry was so startled by the unexpected change that he forgot to take on his animagus shape. Draco didn't look like Remus had, back in third year.

Draco had the fur and coloration of his animagus form, though it was like the cat had mutated. Two hundred pounds of muscle, of wolfish feline. The fur was thicker, longer, the tail bushier. Wolf paws with claws as sharp as a cat's. The sleek frame of a cat, but the menacing jaws of the wolf. 

"Draco?" Harry whispered.

Draco grunted from where he was laying on the floor, panting.

Harry slowly reached a hand towards him. "Draco? Can you hear me?"

Draco's ear twitched, and he looked at Harry with large, silver feline eyes. Draco pushed himself up onto his two front legs, only to flop over and set his head down on Harry's lap. 

Harry instinctively started to slowly pet Draco's wolfish face. After a few minutes, Draco's breathing had evened out, and Harry thought he had fallen asleep.

"Well." Harry said to himself. "This is going to be interesting."

After what felt like an hour, Draco stirred again. Harry kept stroking his head until Draco was fully awake. He lifted his head, and looked up at Harry.

"Draco?"

Draco stared at Harry for a long moment, then tilted his head to the side.

"Are you there? Can you understand me?" Harry asked.

Draco stared again for a long minute, and eventually ducked his head in some semblance of a nod. He stood, and began to pace around the room.

Draco spent the night pacing, shaking his head as though something were bothering him. He would paw at his ears, sneeze, his tail would twitch. He would periodically growl and whine.

When he wasn't pacing, he would return to Harry and lay down next to him. Half the time he would fall into a doze. The rest of the time he would only be able to sit still for a few minutes before he got up again.

Harry dozed when he could, but it was a long night.

~~~

When Harry woke, human Draco was spooning him from behind. Harry carefully slipped away, trying not to wake him. He reached for the robe and draped it over Draco. He opened an eye.

"Goodmorning." Harry said, softly.

"I rather think it's not." Draco grumbled. "I feel like I slept on the floor. Oh wait, I did."

"Well, how about some breakfast?" Harry suggested.

Draco slowly sat up, and slipped his arms into the sleeves of the robe before standing and tying it. "Everything hurts."

"I'm sorry." Harry couldn't help but say.

"Don't apologize for this." Draco said. "I just want some food. More than some."

"Alright." Harry turned, and unlocked the wards, allowing them out. Draco was shaky enough that he held onto Harry's arm as they made their way to the dining room.

Remus was sitting at the table in pajamas, eating a plate of fried eggs. He stopped eating and turned to look at Harry and Draco.

"Goodmorning." Harry said.

"You two alright?" Remus asked after he swallowed his bite.

"I've been hit by a train and I'm starving." Draco said.

"I take it you turned, then." Remus said.

"Yes." Draco sat down and set his head against the table. 

"Harry? What about you?" 

"I'm alright. I'll probably take a nap later." Harry said. 

Remus nodded. Sirius came into the room with a plate full of more eggs. "I've got more eggs, does any-"

"Yes." Draco said, sitting up. "Please."

Sirius set the plate down in front of him. Draco didn't hesitate to dig in.

"Would you like eggs or toast, Harry?" Sirius asked. "They're about all I can make."

"Some toast, please." Harry said.

"Alright." Sirius ducked back into the kitchen.

Harry sat down next to Draco. He kept looking at Draco out of the corner of his eye. When Draco finished eating, and Harry was nearly done with his toast, Draco turned to him.

"Is there something on my face?" Draco asked.

"No." Harry said.

Draco raised a brow.

Harry caved under the look. "How much do you remember of last night?"

Draco frowned. "It's... Foggy. You were talking to me, though. I don't really know what you were saying."

Remus frowned. "Talking? Did you not shift?"

"No..."

"Harry, that was risky. I thought we all agreed not to tempt fate." Remus glared.

"Well, I was going to, but..." Harry trailed off.

"But what?" Sirius asked.

"Draco. Do you um. Remember... What you looked like?" Harry asked.

Draco frowned. "A werewolf."

"Well..." 

"Harry, spit it out." Sirius said.

"You didn't look like a werewolf." Harry said. "You looked like Steel, if you were half wolf."

"What?" Remus asked, at the same time Sirius asked "Steel?"

"Draco followed me around in his Animagus form for a while, and I didn't know it was him so I called the cat Steel." Harry said.

"You're an animagus too?" Sirius asked.

"Yes. Well, was. I don't know if I still can..." Draco's brows furrowed. "I don't know how the magics would react..."

"Draco looked like his animagus form?" Remus asked. 

"Yeah. Much bigger and scarier, but yeah." Harry said.

"I guess Harry did accomplish something when he tried to remove it from you." Remus said. 

"Well. Do you think your animagus is now this... Creature, or is it still a cat?" Sirius wondered.

"I don't know..."

"What's the harm in trying?" Sirius grinned.

"Sirius." Remus said in warning.

"I'm not sure I should try. I don't know if I'll get in trouble for using my wand." Draco said.

"You can use mine." Harry said. 

"You're still underage as well, as far as anyone- besides us- is concerned." Draco said. 

"How are they to know I'm not at Hogwarts?" Harry said.

"Fair point." Draco grinned.

"Would you like to try now, or later?" Harry asked.

"Now. I won't be able to rest without knowing the answer." Draco said.

"Then I'll go fetch my wand." Harry got up and retrieved it.

"Back to the room, Harry." Draco said, with Remus and Sirius behind him.

"Huh?"

"It's an open space, and if this works, and I'm not in control of my actions, it would be better to be able to lock me up so I can't cause harm." Draco said. 

"Oh." Harry said. He handed Draco his wand.

"Are you sure you can use that?" Sirius asked.

"Harry's used mine before." Draco said. "I don't think there will be a problem."

Sirius looked puzzled.

Draco walked into the center of the room, Harry stood slightly off to the side, with Remus and Sirius standing just outside the doorway. Draco took a breath, and attempted the spell.

The first time didn't work. The second time it did. All three of the others saw Steel.

The two hundred pound, werewolf Steel.

"Merlin's beard." Sirius whispered.

Draco looked at his paws, and started examining them. He found it strange that he couldn't retract his claws. It felt wrong. And his face was too long. 

"Draco? Are you with us or do I need to put up wards?" Harry asked.

Draco gave Harry a look. Then he shifted back to human.

"Well. It appears I can no longer wander through Hogwarts in disguise anymore." Draco said. "I might be a bit recognizable."

"Just a bit." Remus said.

A/N

Remember to vote if you enjoyed :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1.4K 20
[Book 4 in my Draco Malfoy 'SERIES'] This year is the most important for Draco, this is the year someone actually dies. This is the main reason why D...
2.7M 103K 133
in which hollis rosier falls asleep in the wrong compartment or the right one, depending on who you ask ✧──────✧ part one of two editing closed, logg...
26.1K 1.1K 22
[Book 5 in the 'Draco Malfoy' SERIES] Wanna know what the worst thing about time travelling is? Fixed points in time. Draco doesn't know whether or n...
2.5K 99 12
Harry has trouble falling asleep after the Battle of Hogwarts in his 8th year. He's not the only one. 12 chapters (finished unless ppl really want a...