Void ||| Wanda Maximoff

By Kw1ckss

Stiles Odinson, younger brother to Thor and Loki, has always been protected by his brothers and mother. His F... More

Cast
Character Profile
Prologue
The Avengers
Arrival in New York
Battle of New York
Thor the Dark World
Vanaheim and Forgiveness
Answers and Attack
Torture and Trouble
The Escape
Fall of the Dark World
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Language!
Got No Strings
Broken Mirrors
Mind Games
Family Bonds
Bond Stonger Than Blood
Its goin down. Im yelling, Sokovia!!
The Avengers Extinction
The Sky Is Falling!!
Age of Ultron: post credits
Captain America: Civil War
Everything Lagos Wrong
Troubles in Berlin
Breaking Apart

Accord-ing to who?

1.9K 57 21
By Kw1ckss

A month has passed since the mission, at Avengers HQ, Stiles and Steve were watching as several news outlets reported once more on the mission that happened in Lagos. 

"4 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria last month." The reporter stated as a video played showing Stiles holding of the explosion as debris fell from the building inciting panic from the crowd below. "The traditionally reclusive Wakandas were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred." 

Stiles lets out an exhausted sigh as he once again had to witness this experience. He hated what had happened and the whole team regretted what had happened that day. None more than Wanda though. 

When the team came back from the mission, Wanda gave Stiles one more check over before retreating to her room and shutting herself inside. When Stiles tried to reach out to her Pietro just pulled him back and told him to let her have some time. But Wanda stayed holed in her room for 3 weeks before Stiles finally convinced her to see him. Not even Vision could enter as she had put up walls around the entire room. 

When Stiles entered her room he was shocked, the room was destroyed, Wanda looked heartbroken and looked like she hadn't slept, the only things left untouched were the TV, where repeated reports on the incident played out all of them highlighting how Wanda is the main one responsible, and a photo frame, where inside is a photo of herself, Stiles and Pietro. As Stiles slowly walked closer to Wanda he could feel her magic getting stronger the closer he got. As Wanda stares straight at the TV Stiles uses all of his power to fight of the magic pushing him away, so much so that his nose starts to bleed. 

Finally reaching Wanda he crouches down beside her, he brings his hand up to cup her chin; it seems this snaps her out of her frozen status. Wanda's head  snaps towards Stiles' as her eyes glow full of magic. Her magic disappears however when she sees who's in front of her. Wanda's eyes widen as she takes in Stiles face, her hands instinctively move up to wipe the blood running from Stiles nose. As she does her eyes take once glance towards the smear of blood on her hands before she just breaks. A small whimper escapes her mouth and before Stiles can comprehend what's happening, Wanda is in his lap, bawling her eyes out on his shoulder. Stiles comforts her by rubbing small circles on her back while he lets her get everything out, while doing this he uses the Aether to fix all the broken items in Wanda's room while simultaneously using his negation to stop her slight magical flares from breaking even more things. 

Around an hour later, the crying stopped. Taking one look at the beautiful figure on his lap. Stiles lets out a small smile as Wanda's sleeping frame is cuddled into his shoulder. Being careful as to not wake her,  Stiles lifts himself of the ground, Wanda still in his arms, and moves towards the bed. Moving the covers and laying her down, Stiles tucks her in and moves to sit on the armchair beside her bed. The creak of a door attracts his attention as he spots Pietro standing there. Offering each other a sad smile and a nod of acknowledgment. The speedster takes on look at his twin before taking his leave and allowing Stiles to watch over her. 

Back to the present day, Stiles and Steve watched with stoic faces as King T'chaka appeared on air. "Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil . Not only because of the action of criminals, but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent, is no victory at all." King T'chaka stated. As the reporter came back to finish her statement the video suddenly pauses and Steve places down the remote and lets out a sigh. As the two men don't say a word and just sit in silence. A noise can be heard from down the hall. Knowing what it is, the two share a look and Steve gives Stiles a sympathetic smile. Giving small nod in return Stiles stands and moves towards Wanda's room.   

As Stiles enters his and Wanda's shared room, he spots her sitting on their bed, listening as the news reporter blames her for what happened. Grabbing the remote he turns the TV off. Stiles then makes his way towards Wanda, grabbing a chair so he can sit in front of her. "Its my fault." She speaks up, not taking her eyes away from the TV. 

"Hey, you know that's not true." Stiles speaks up, carefully cupping Wanda's face with his hands and directing her head so she looks into her eyes, as they do both sets glow a different shade of red. "You helped. Trust me. If not for you dozens more would have died including Steve. You cannot let this get to you." Stiles tries but Wanda breaks the eye contact and looks down at her lap. 

Stiles lets out a heartfelt sigh, standing up he moves to sit beside Wanda on their bed as he lets silence encompass the two. "People died." He starts, Wanda looks to him out of the corner of her eye. "I should have been able to save them," He states with a dry laugh looking down at the red veins that flow through his arms. "Gods, I have the power to change reality to how I see fit and can't even save 4 people. It's on me."

"It's on both of us." Wanda declares, shuffling closer she lays her head on Stiles' shoulder. 

"This job... we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that... then next time... maybe nobody gets saved." Stiles states. Wanda nods sadly, before pressing a chaste and loving kiss to the underside of Stiles' jaw. Stiles responds by kissing the top of her head. 

The moment is hastily interrupted when Vision walks waltzes through the wall of the couples bedroom. "Vis! We talked about this." Wanda points out. 

Vision gains a confused look on his face, "Yes but the door was open so I assumed it wasn't like the last time when I-" Vision is interrupted by Stiles, who almost laughs at the shade of red Wanda's face became. 

"It's fine Vis. Just please knock next time, even on the wall before you enter if that helps you." Stiles helps. Vision looks towards Stiles and gives him a nod, while Wanda just cuddles into Stiles. 

"Captain Rogers wanted me to tell you that Mr. Stark has arrived." Vision informs the pair, Stiles offers a thankful nod to the lifeform. 

"Thank you, we will be right down." 

"Okay" Vision responds before going to phase through the wall again, stopping himself, he bashfully looks towards the two before correcting himself. "I'll use the door." He finishes before taking his leave. "Oh and apparently he's brought a guest." 

"Who?" Stiles slightly perks up.

"The secretary of state." Vision answers before leaving, Stiles perks down once more and takes a look at Wanda who looks worried. 

"Don't worry," He starts before giving Wanda a quick peck. "I'll be right by your side." Wanda nods before the two stand and move to greet Ross.

"5 years ago I had a heart attack... and dropped, right in the middle of my backswing. Turned out it was the best round of my life because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass. I had found something 40 years in the army had never taught me. Perspective." General Ross explains to the present Avengers, Stiles, Wanda, Steve, Vision and Nat all sit at the table in front of Ross while Sam, Rhodey and Tony all stand or sit around the room.

"The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt, you have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives... but while a great many of people see you as heroes, there are some who would prefer the word Vigilantes."

The room is silent for a moment before Natasha speaks up, "And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?"

"How about dangerous?" Ross fires back, "What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict there will, wherever they choose; and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" 

Secretary Ross then steps to the side and the screen behind him begins to show a slideshow of the Avengers past missions, "New York." Chitauri riders and outriders fly through the streets, the US military firing machine guns to try and stop them. When suddenly Hulk comes jumping from building to building, destroying property with each jump, and that debris is seen falling on to the person who recorder everything. 

"London" Malekiths ship tears through London as it uplifts and explodes many cars, A younger Stiles and Thor can be seen fighting the dark elf, the scene cuts to Stiles sitting in a lotus position, the golden rings surrounding him, and when he unleashes all of the dark elves begin to take each other out . Except for one shot. One shot flies through the stomach of a dark elf... and right towards a innocent who has been recording the whole incident. With a flash of light and a low groan, the camera falls to the floor to show the body of the civilian, his cold eyes still laced with fear. 

Seeing this Stiles lowers his head in shame, his eyes wide from shock. He didn't know. That person died because of him and he didn't even notice, he was too engrossed having fun attacking the elves. Stiles is brought out of his head as a hand reaches atop of his own, looking up he sees Wanda's concerned eyes looking deeply into his. 

"Washington D.C" Ross continues, Three flaming hellicarriers  can be seen falling from the sky, the giant airships crashing into building and bodies of water with the result of said crashes being huge waves of debris and water which sweep up innocent civilians. 

"Sokovia" The floating city, buildings collapsing, people running for their lives. "Lagos" The footage shows the aftermath of what happened with Stiles, a huge slice has affected the side of the building, the camera pans down to see huge chunks of debris all piled at the bottom, and the faintest glimpse of an arm poking out between the rubble.

This time its Wanda's turn to look down, almost instantly Stiles places a comforting hand on her thigh while also using his other hand to rub circles on her back. Wanda sadly smiles at the gesture but makes no move to look back at the screen. "Okay. That's enough." Steve speaks up. 

Ross nods and turns off the footage, before once again turning to face the Avengers. "For the last 4 years you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution." Ross states as all eyes fall onto him. Ross takes hold of a large booklet and slides it in front of Wanda.

"The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries, it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organisation. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary." 

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that." Steve speaks up. 

"Tell me, Captain, do you know do you know where Thor and Banner are right now? If I misplaced a couple 30 megaton nukes, you bet there'd be consequence's." Ross states, as Steve has nothing to say Ross goes to move on, that is before a loud scoff can be heard from the other side of the table.

All eyes turn to Stiles as he sits there with his eyes closed and a closed mouth smile on his face. Slightly chuckling every couple of seconds. "And is there something funny?" Ross questions. 

Stiles shakes his head before slowly opening his eyes revealing a cold glare aimed at Ross, "Yes. Yes there is, I just find it funny how despite the fact that you ask where my brother is. You have no idea the severity of the task he has burdened himself with. Do you?" Stiles starts, pushing his chair back and standing up. He speaks again as he moves to get into Ross' face, "Cause I do, what  my brother is doing is protecting you, and every other person on this planet from threats you wouldn't even be able to comprehend. Threats, so bad they make New York look like a fucking field trip. Why? Because he knows what happens when these threats are left alone for too long." Stiles growls as he allows the Aethers energy to glow up his neck and into his eyes, "This, this is what happens. And as for Banner, I doubt he or the other guy would want to be anywhere near you or anyone you work for since you tried to murder him in Brazil-" 

"Enough!" Steve shouts as everyone stares in shock at Stiles. "Stiles, calm down."

The command falls onto deaf ears as Stiles just glares at Ross, only a couple of inches from his face. Ross does the same before stepping to the side and walking past Stiles back to the front of the room. As he does, Stiles lowers his gaze to his arms where he watches the Aethers energy flow through them. "Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground." Ross states as he points to the Accords which are currently in the possession of Rhodey. 

"So, there are contingencies." Rhodey states.

"Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the accords. Talk it over." Ross states as he goes to leave.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha asks. 

Ross stops in his tracks to look at her. "Then you retire." Ross states before looking towards Stiles who is still staring at his arms, "Or... we will take necessary actions to make sure you go back to where you belong." Ross states before leaving. 

Before anyone can say or do anything, Stiles storms out of the room. While Wanda just stares sadly at his back.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 1K 8
Stiles is Thor and Loki's secret brother, the lost son of Odin. Only problem is he doesn't know it yet ------ after stiles kills Donovan scott kick...
1.5K 89 19
"I am not my father - so stop treating me like I am." Being the sole 𝘧𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 heir to Loki Laufeyson always proved to be difficult. Treated like...
389K 8.8K 41
"I am Princess Freya Odinsdottir of Asgard." "Okay, so there are three gods here?" "Yes." ...
43.2K 1.3K 22
Book 2 of 'I'm an Avenger' I do not own any of the characters nor the movies or shows. After the whole chituari invasion, stiles has live digs best...