Maya's Kingdom Hearts Sora X...

By Soryaskies

When a mysterious storm comes across on Destiny Islands separating, Sora, Riku, Kairi and Maya. Sora and Maya... More

Character Introduction: Maya
Destiny Islands
Traverse Town
WonderLand
Olympus Coliseum
Telling Him The Truth
Deep Jungle
Back To Travers Town PT 2
Agrabah
Monstro
Atlantica
Halloween town
NeverLand
Hallow Bastion
Epilogue

End Of The World

566 14 2
By Soryaskies

Sora's P.O.V

" Tell me what happened?" Leon asked once we got back to their place. To be honest I didn't even feel like talking. Everyone in the room can sense that. I told them everything that happened to where Riku took my Keyblade, Ansem controlling him and opening the Keyhole. And to Maya's death.

" so the darkness is flowing out of that Keyhole..." He mutters. " No wonder there are more and more Heartless everywhere." Aerith pointed out. " The only way to stop them is---" She added Yuffie didn't say anything. She was most upset about Maya since they got really close.

" Seal the Keyhole, right?" I asked knowing that what I was going to do either way. " Maybe. But no one knows what will happen once it's sealed." Leon stated.

I glared at the ground. " But we can't just stay here. We have do to something. Maya didn't die for nothing. I've got a friend back there and I promised her I'd bring him back."

" That's right. You have more friend to worry about, Riku's Keyblade must have been born of the captive princesses' heart... just like that Keyhole you saw." Leon explained. " Of course without Maya's heart, it remained incomplete. Once that Keyblade is destroyed, the princesses' heart should have been freed. Don't worry, Sora. If anyone can save your friend, you can. "

I nod. I have to. For Maya's dying wish.

------

Kairi and I went to talk at the waterway before I set out. " So... is Maya really---?" Kairi began to say but stop knowing it was painful to talk about. " Yeah." I softly mutter, nodding. She frowns. Maya and Kairi had always had some ups and downs in their friendship. There were a couple of fights but it never got to the point like how it did with Maya and Riku's. Even if they did fight, these two never hated each other same with Riku. In a wired way, the four of us acted like siblings. 

" I wanna go with you!" Kairi said. 

I shook my head. " It's too dangerous. I just lost Maya I'm not going to lose you too." I argued with her. She frowns. But she understood. If I couldn't protect Maya how could I keep Kairi safe if she's with me? 

Maya's other wish popped into my head.  Why did she tell me to tell Kairi how I feel about her? Did she think I had feelings for her? Or does Kairi have feelings for me? I'm sorry Maya but I can't complete that wish for you because I only love you. Kairi is just a friend to me. I don't have the same feelings for her as I do when I'm with you. 

She then pulled our her pink charm Maya gave her. " You've still got yours, right?" She asked smiling. I nod taking mine and Maya's out. " Maya kind of left hers behind. It all she left behind." I said sadly. She took everything of me with her. Kairi shook her head. " Nu-uh. As long as we still have these good luck charms she made us, she still with us." She's right. 

If I keep Maya close in my thoughts then she's always by my side. 

" Come back safe. With Riku too." She smiled. I gave her one last nod before we returned back with Leon and the others. 

-------

Normal P.O.V

Somewhere in the deepest darkness Riku wondered around. " Sora.... Maya... Kairi... I'm sorry." Riku said clutching onto his chest. " Is this the afterworld?" He asked seeing nothing but darkness. " I'm not ready. No yet. Not until I see Sora and Kairi one last time." He said determined not to give up yet. 

" Riku, can you hear me?" A voice echoed around him. " I'll be there soon." 

" Who is that?" Riku shouted not recognizing that voice. 

" I have the other Keyblade-- the one that belongs to this world. I've been trying to get through to you, but the darkness in your heart kept me away." 

" Who are you? What's happened to me?" Riku questioned looking around but nobody was with him. 

" Your heart won the battle against darkness, but it was too late for your body. That's why you're here---in this place of darkness where hearts are gather." 

" So what do I do?" Riku asked as he felt like he should trust this voice. 

" The door of darkness will open soon, but it's a door we can't enter. It has to be close from both sides. To do this, you need two Keys and two hearts. Maybe you're here for the same reason I am. Maybe it was fate."  

" Fate,  huh? You seem to know everything, don't you? Then tell me: Are Sora and Kairi okay?" Riku asked he knew the answer to what happened to Maya. He was ashamed to even ask about her. 

" Don't you feel the echoes of their hearts? You already know the answer. Look inside your own heart."  

Riku took the voice advice and tried his hardest to feel their connection. He then pulls out the charm Maya made for him. " Okay." He said knowing they were fine. 

------

Sora's P.O.V

Heading back to Hallow Bastion, Beast was waiting for us at the entrance way to the castle. " Where's Belle?" I asked him. " Still in the castle." He replied. " Against her will?" Goofy asked. She should've been freed when I released Maya's heart. " No, I think she stayed behind for a reason. The other princesses are inside as well." Beast said. " I wonder why?" Donald asked. " Let's go ask them." I suggested. 

-----

So we made our way inside the castle where we ran into Belle and the rest of the other princesses. " Belle!" Beast ran to hug her. 

I was glad he reunited with her but a part of me also felt sad. Maybe because I will never be able to do that with Maya. 

" You've come to seal the Keyhole, right? Please, be careful. The darkness is raging deep inside. We've been holding it back, but we can't hold out much longer." Belle asked turning her attention to us. 

" We'll take care of it." I assured her. 

We saw the other princesses where we had fought Maleficent. " We've been waiting for you Keyblade master." Cinderella said. " Where's Ansem?" I asked them. " Gone." Cinderella replied. " When the Keyhole appeared, darkness poured out of it. It swallowed Ansem and he disappeared." Aurora explained. " Though Ansem is gone, the flood of darkness hasn't stopped. We've been working together to hold it back." Cinderella said. " I cannot forget the look on his face. As the darkness engulfed him, he was smiling." Aurora added. 

He's gone? There's no way. He can't be defeated that easily. I'm the one that needs to take him down. 

-----

We went to the room where the Keyhole was and entered it. Inside was a big ass Heartless for us to fight. " Get out my way! I've got things to do!" I shouted taking out my Keyblade. Once we defeated the Heartless the same Keyhole was at the other end. " Now let's go and seal that big Keyhole!" Goofy said. 

" Sora. You did it." 

A voice startled me. Why did that sounded like Leon? 

Walking back out there they where. " What are you guys doing here?" I asked them. 

" We came in Cid's ship." Yuffie explained. " This our childhood home. We wanted to see it again." Aerith said. 

" It's in worst shaped than I fear." It used to be so peaceful." Leon stated looking around. " Don't worry. If we defeat Ansem all should be restored. Including your Island." Aerith added. 

" Really?" I asked in shock. 

" But, it also means goodbye." Yuffie frowns. " Once the worlds are restored, they'll all be again separated. " Everyone will go back to where they came from. " Yuffie mentioned. 

" Then I'll visit you guys with the Gummi Ship." I told them there's always that way. They were making it seemed there's no other way. 

Leon shook his head. " It's not that simple." He crossed his arms. " Before all of this, you didn't know about other worlds, right?" Yuffie asked me. "  Because every world was isolated. Impassable walls divided them. The Heartless destroyed those walls. But if the worlds return, so will the walls." She added. " Which means gummi ships will be useless." Leon pointed out. 

" So you're saying we'll never...." I frown finally getting what they're trying to tell me. They nodded.  

" We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other." Leon quoted. " No matter where we are, our hearts will bring us together again." Arieth said. " Besides, I couldn't forget you even if I wanted to. Especially not that black eye Maya gave you before." Yuffie teased. 

I glared at her.  That did hurt though. " What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned her. The other two nod. 

" Sora!" Donald yelled. 

" Hurry! Come and close the Keyhole!" Goofy shouted. 

" Sora, good luck." Leon said. I nod to them before running back to the duck and dog. 

----

The Keyhole from before was now glowing a dark purple. I pointed my Keyblade at it and sealed it and it disappeared. It's sealed, Maya. 

After sealing the Keyhole the princesses all thanked me and warned me about another darkness that was approaching. I got a feeling it was probably Ansem they were talking about.  

The Gummi Ship took us to this wired looking world. It was dark and cold. " Gawrsh, is that all that's left of the worlds taken by the Heartless?" Goofy asked seeing there was nothing left but platforms.  " Those worlds will be restored once we beat Ansem, right?" I thought. " You betcha." Donald nodded. 

I look down. " But, if we do beat him and all these worlds become restored and disconnected, what's gonna happen to this place? And to us?" I asked worriedly. I know were nearing the end and who knows what will happen once we have completed our quest. 

" Well, uh..." Donald didn't know what to say. " This is a Heartless world, so maybe it'll just disappeared." Goofy pointed out. 

" Huh?" We turned to him surprised. 

" But no worries. Even if this place goes poof, our hearts ain't goin' no where. Just like Maya. She may not be physically here with us we can still feel her in our hearts. I'm sure we'll find our pals again. Yup I just know that we will."   He added chuckling. 

I took out mine and Maya's luck charms. " Yeah, you're right."  She's still with me. At least she's safe now. 

--

Making our way through this creepy confusing world, we came across this door that lead us through what looked to be my home island. 

" Is this... is this my island?" I asked confused. Why would that door take us here? Something told me that we needed to head towards our secret place. 

" This world has be connected." A voice echoed around us.  

Then a part of the island started to disappeared. " What was that?" Goofy asked. 

" Tied to the darkness... soon to be completely eclipsed. There is so very much to learn. You understand so little." 

Those words. They sounded so familiar. The island shook. " A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing." 

Now there was cracks around the island. I saw Riku by the ocean. " Take a look a this tiny place. To the heart seeking freedom this island is a prison surrounded by water.  And so this boy sought out to escape this from his prison. He sought a way to cross over into other worlds. And he opened his heart to darkness." That voice it wasn't Riku it's Ansem. 

I glared seeing his true form. " Riku!" Where did he go? 

" Don't bother. Your voice can no longer reach him where he is. His heart belongs again to darkness. All worlds begin in darkness, all so end. The heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it, it grows, consumes it. Such as it's nature. In the end every heart returns to darkness whence it came" He rambled. 

He appeared be hind me as I jumped away to keep our distance. " You see, darkness is the hearts true essence." 

" That's not true! The heart maybe weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!" I yelled. 

Ansem levitated in the air. " So you've come this far and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart returned to darkness! You'll suffer the same consequence as your dead princess!" A dark Heartless appeared behind him. 

He'll pay for that one. I got into my stance. This is it. I'll get my revenge for Maya.  

During our fight he ran off and the island rumbled again. Ansem used part of the island to shield himself. I jumped in after him but Donald and Goofy got trapped back. 

Then the same big shadow Heartless from my dream appeared. It's okay, I can do this without them.  Defeating the Heartless Ansem showed up again. 

----

Now nothing but darkness surrounded us. 

" Wha---?"  I asked shocked. I can't see much here. 

" Behold the endless abyss! Within it lies the Heart of all worlds: Kingdom Hearts!" Ansem shouts. 

Not far from us, was a big white door in the middle of the darkness. " Look as hard as you are able. You'll not find even then smallest glimmer of light. From those dark depths are all hearts born. Even yours! Darkness conquers all words!" Ansem's voice echoed through the dark. 

An enormous mass of darkness materialized an even deeper darkness within the darkness. We began to drop as Donald and Goofy were being sucked in by a ball of darkness. 

" Whoa!" I yelled falling. 

" Don't tell me you're giving up already, you lazy bum. We both know you're stronger than this.

I gasped. That voice.... it was Maya's.  There's no doubt. That's her voice. 

Calming myself down, I knew she was right. I can't give up, not now. Believing, I was able to fly myself back up. 

I held onto my Keyblade. Maya, please led me your strength

A gasped escaped my mouth seeing my Keyblade started to glow. It's a light that seemed familiar to me. Even now, she's still watching over me. We're gonna end this together. 

-----

It's been a while and it seems fighting Ansem was never coming to an end. But I know he was down to his last breath. " It's over Ansem! You're going to regret taking Maya away from me."

 As he groan in pain a something appeared in my left hand. " Maya's Keyblade?" What was I doing with it? It was glowing too. I understood now. I took this opportunity to use both of Keyblades to deliver the final blow. 

" It is futile. The Keyblade alone cannot seal the door to darkness. Kingdom Hearts! Fill me with the power of darkness..." He reached his hand out and the doors to Kingdom Hearts began to slowly open. " Supreme darkness..." 

I won't let it end like this. " You're wrong! I know now, without a doubt. Kingdom Hearts....  is light!" I shouted. Even if there is darkness in our hearts, there's light to drive it away. 

A bright light illuminated from Kingdom Hearts and engulfed Ansem within it. " Light... But why?" He cried out. 

With that he was finally gone. 

 ---

Donald, Goofy and I quickly rushed towards Kingdom Hearts to close the doors. " Come on!" I yelled. I tried using everything within me to push them but they were too heavy. Goofy let out a small panic screamed peeking through the inside. " Stop staring and keep pushing!" Donald also squealed peeking through. " The Heartless!" They shouted. There was a bunch of Heartless inside. We can't let me pass through. 

" Hurry!" Donald screamed. 

" I can't..." I groan. 

" Don't give up! Come on, Sora! Together, we can do it!" 

I gasped seeing Riku on the other side. I looked to be his old self again. I nod. We come this far. Together the doors started closing. 

" It's hopeless!" Donald yelled. 

Donald and Goofy gasped someone appeared from inside. " Your majesty!" 

" Now, Sora! Let's close this door for good!" King Mickey shouted as he took out his own Keyblade. 

" Close it quit!" Donald rushed me. 

" But..." I didn't want them when their king and Riku are still on the other side. " I promised Maya that I'd bring you back with us!" I cried. I can't just break my promise.

" Don't worry. There will always be door to the light." King Mickey said. 

" Sora, you can trust King Mickey." Goofy told me. I know I can but I don't want to leave them behind. 

" Now! They're coming!" Riku warned us. 

For a split second he looked to his right as if he was trying to talk to someone. He nodded his head. Why would he do that? 

" Donald, Goofy thank you." King Mickey smiled their way. 

Not wanting to we began to push down the doors. " Sora.... I'm sorry for what I did to Maya." Riku apologized before the doors closed. I gasped. Guilt were seen in his eyes.  I wanted to tell him that it wasn't his fault. I can never be mad at him.  " Yeah, remind me to kick your ass when come back for you." He chuckles. " It's a deal." 

Finally we closed the doors and King Mickey and I sealed Kingdom Hearts away. 

Memories floated in my mind. It was the four of us having a good time on the islands. Taking out our good luck charms, a smiled formed my lips.

We did it Maya. I may have not brought Riku back with us but at least he's his old self. I'll keeping my promise. I'm not going to stop looking for him. 

I brought them closer to my chest. 

You can rest easy now....

You're always with me.

(This what their wayfinders would somewhat look like)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119 12 17
A Kingdom Hearts 1 fanfic. The second book in my Kh: Destiny series. This story is a bout my oc Kathy and her journey through Kingdom Hearts 1. Kathy...
14.9K 149 16
A year after the events of their last adventure, Sora, Kairi, Riku are now setting down to rest. But now, they're about to take on their ultimate jou...
5.7K 47 12
Y/N's just a normal girl. Living a good life in Radiant Garden. Until one day she's walking home and she spots some of her friends in trouble. They'r...
3.6K 40 19
Ten years ago, the Kingdom of Hearts sent the first mysterious bright light out of it. It was seen across all the worlds before it came to rest insid...