Technoblade in Youjo Senki

By RandomNon3859

So people were asking for this one despite me having zero motivation for making this. Like my Techno in Tensu... More

Prologue - No Gods Here
Chapter 1 - Two Reincarnates, Two Orphans
Chapter 3 - Twin Silvers

Chapter 2 - Sociopathic Patriotism

781 28 8
By RandomNon3859

'Norden Control to Fairy 08, Fairy 09. Artillery commencing observed fire. Send your data.'

"This is Fairy 08. Initial points of impact confirmed. Sending now. No need to adjust fire. I say again, no need to adjust fire. Initiate fire for effect."

The massacre continues. Dave is really disappointed by the look on his face. The only thing interesting for him is our artillery's accuracy in hitting shells.

'Norden Control, roger. Watch out for stray shots. We plan to begin concentrated fire in two hundred. Over.'

"Fairy 08, roger. Out."

"Dave, let's get some distance."

"Gotcha."

Then the bullet hell begins.

"Ah, now that's a more interesting show."

Well, he's having fun.

"Fairy 08 to Norden Control. Fire mission impact confirmed. Repeat."

'This is Norden Control with theater intelligence. Area α, blo— Bzzt...zzz.'

"Norden Control, this is Fairy 08. Reception is poor. The interference is awful. Over."

"Is the equipment not working?"

"Let me check."

As I look through the radio set checking for any problem, the two of us hear a message.

'Cherubim Leader issuing a theater warning! I say again, theater warning! Large number of incoming bogeys confirmed!'

"That's the guys patrolling in the front. They shouldn't be sending a message like this in normal circumstances."

Theater warnings aren't common in interception missions, only happening if the front line gets breached. That usually means one thing, especially considering the Empire's military power.

"Probably a group of competent mages. Get ready."

"Way ahead of you, Tanya."

'...Norden Control to all airborne interceptors on standby. Transition ROE from border patrol to mobile air defense. I say again, transition ROE from border patrol to mobile air defense.'

'Tally multiple bogey signals! Detecting formula interference! Consider them bandits! These are enemy signals! Take them out immediately!'

"Tanya, we're probably going to get attacked."

"That's true... If the lines up front can't deal with it, the mages will probably make it here."

That could be bad for me. I can't simply die here.

"Norden Control to all military forces. Norden Control to all military forces! A battalion of Entente Alliance mages has been confirmed violating the border. I say again, a battalion of Entente Alliance mages has been confirmed violating the border."

"They sound agitated. This is bad. If they panic and do something stupid, a lot of casualties will happen."

"I don't know why the mages weren't deployed sooner. I suppose that's why they caught us off guard."

The infantry had been obliterated by us and the tide of the battle had shifted from the original defense to a pursuit. By logic, they should've deployed these guys many minutes ago.

"Yeah. They wasted a lot of human lives with that trick. Still, they must be somewhat decent."

"That's just like you, to treat serious threats so casually."

"You know me."

'Intercept them immediately according to the anticipated scenario! I say again, intercept immediately!'

"I mean, luckily we don't actually have to move. Observers aren't required to go."

"Agreed."

'...Bzzt...zzz...zzt...'

"Oh god, is the equipment crashing down again?"

"How convenient for an observer."

"Truuue. Would it be because it's actually getting used in battle conditions?"

"Maybe."

"Tanya, incoming company of mages! Call the mayday!"

A sudden warning. As I maneuver to the side by instinct, a bullet goes through the spot I was just in.

"Mayday! Mayday! Fairy 08 to Norden Control! Fairy 08 to Norden Control! Theater warning! Requesting immediate assistance!"

The static was, in fact, not the malfunctioning of the equipment, but the jamming by the enemy. And they had just arrived. These guys were the biggest threat among the remaining enemy forces and we had let our guard down before them.

____________________________________________________________

"I've detected a group of enemy mages, company sized, approaching rapidly! Coordinates: Theater α, block eight. Altitude: 4,300!"

Tanya was growing a little tense. I can see her point of view. I mean, a mortal on her caliber would find this spot a pinch.

"They are enough for a platoon... No, this is likely an elite squad. Get ready for combat."

"No need to tell me."

The group of mages closes in on us.

"I kind of hoped it was a coincidence, but they really are gunning straight for us. Remember Tanya. Nirvana is not an option."

"Only victory shall remain."

'Norden Control to Fairy 08! Provide a status update!'

"This is Fairy 08. I've made contact. I say again, I've made contact. A hostile mage company is penetrating our airspace."

'Norden Control, roger. Maintain contact and delay the enemy. Also, if at all possible, gather intel.'

"They want the two of us to hold them back while gathering info? That'll be tough."

"There's a substantial gap in fighting power. Requesting reinforcements."

'Norden Control, roger. We're already scrambling an allied mage platoon. Additional company already in the air on standby should also arrive in six hundred.'

600. AKA ten minutes. Now I could obliterate everyone here and this world along with it, but Dave can't, and I'm using "him" as a disguise from Being X.

"Ten minutes? That's enough to eat a full meal and clean the dishes afterwards. What do we do?"

"You took the words straight out of my mouth, Dave."

Tanya then triggered the radio device again.

"Fairy 08 and Fairy 09 to Norden Control. Requesting permission for immediate withdrawal. I say again, requesting permission for immediate withdrawal."

'Norden Control to Fairy 08 and Fairy 09. I'm afraid I can't approve that. Do your best to delay them until the allied response team arrives.'

"Fairy 09 to Norden Control. How is our artillery?"

'The mage platoon is on their way to reinforce you. They should reach artillery airspace in approximately three hundred. And at the same time, the Seventh Mobile Mage Company is en route to intercept. As I said before, we expect them to reach you in six hundred.'

"Fairy 09, roger. Norden Control, I'll struggle with all my might."

'Norden Control, roger. Good luck.'

Should've expected this level of apathy from the military. They don't shake when leaving children to fight for their lives. Suddenly I come up with an idea. Since I'm gonna be fighting for my life, I need to make sure it feels like I am doing it out of pure patriotism. How ironic that I would be fighting for a country with "passion". Before I can say anything though, I hear Tanya speak into the radio.

"What an honor. This is great. Such a wonderful moment. Ahh, this is so, so much fun. I can barely contain myself."

'Fairy 08?'

It's remarkable how our lines of thought are so similar.

"I know, right? I was afraid this job would be boring, but now we're the stars of the battlefield, getting to take on a whole army by ourselves."

'Fairy 09?'

She looks back at me. I smirk at her. We can read each other's thoughts like this. I've spent enough time with manipulators to understand their real thought process, and Tanya is able to read me like an open book. Well, I'm letting my book be wide open here, I want her to pick up on the fact that we're together in this mission. She seems to get it.

"I was afraid we'd get lost among our friends and foes in the mayhem of battle, but instead we get to stand in the limelight."

Her monologue would be absolutely terrifying for a version of me that was still bound by mortality. After all, a patriotic sacrifice is nothing short of incomprehensible insanity in the eyes of an anarchist.

"So this is what it's like to feel deeply touched. 'It's a good day to die...' Damn, it really is."

"I sometimes wonder if you can read my mind, Tanya. For the sake of the Fatherland, let's dance!"

We both threw away our radio gear and parted into a battle that would mark our future.

1218 Words

A/N

Heya, it's been a while.

So I've got close to zero motivation to writing this story right now. I had written like 750 words last time I picked this up (I think like 2 weeks ago or something) and now I wrote the rest. I'm just not in the mood to writing a story like this, sorry to all the Technogun enthusiasts. I could do an A/N chapter but I don't like baiting people.

Anyway, I don't have the mental capacity to write more right now, last night I got like 5 hours of sleep and it's nighttime so my body is just screaming at me to go to bed. I know how people actually like this fanfic or at least the concept so I'm doing some effort to upload against my will, but I don't know if I can pull out people's desires for this story. Sorry if you're disappointed, but I can't do much, so cope harder.

Also, I've actually thought of a couple more ideas for fanfics. I had the idea of dumping Techno in Re:Zero (still have to read the LN but by golly did I just get addicted to the anime again) and I also had an idea somewhat inspired by a story on fanfiction.net where Tensura characters exist within MHA as actual characters in that world and do not simply get isekai'd. I am a little scared of going into that rabbit hole but can't be cowering in fear forever, right?

Anyway, tell me how you feel about my usual pacing. I felt that my Techno in Tensura was too rushed sometimes, so give me feedback on this one.

That's about it. See ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 49.2K 71
๐…๐‘๐Ž๐™๐„๐ | โYe a cute little thin', aren't ya? I think ye will be mine now...โž โ†โ…โ„โ†โ… ส™แดส€ษด แดา“ แด„แดสŸแด… แด€ษดแด… แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ แด€ษชส€ แด€ษดแด… แดแดแดœษดแด›แด€ษชษด ส€แด€ษชษด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดษชษดษข...
725K 26.8K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
401K 24.3K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
892K 20.3K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.