Dance with the Devil (Chrollo...

By chunkymamatam

Y\N quietly sits in their house, sipping on F\B and waiting for something, anything to happen. They didn't kn... More

Introductions
Encounters
Settling into a New Life
Chrollo's Search
The Spider Beckons
The Decision
A/N

Departure

164 6 4
By chunkymamatam

 Key

S/M/A- Social Media Account

 D/O/C- Drink of Choice

F/O/C- Food of Choice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N woke up to a polite and quiet knock on the door. They sat up and whined softly as they rubbed the sleep from their eyes. Picking up their phone, they looked at the time, and starred for a while before their brain finally decided to process what they were looking at. They blinked a few times and rub their eyes once more, mildly concerned about how late they had slept in. It was already 11AM, they had completely slept through breakfast. "I really must have over done it this time," they sighed, stretching with a long hum. They froze momentarily as they remembered the knock that had woke them up in the first place. Y/N got up and threw something semi-presentable on, not willing to answer the door in their undergarments. Whoever had come to wake them up knocked again, they seemed oddly patient but they didn't call out so Y/N concluded that it definitely wasn't room service. They thought about it for a moment and gasped when they realized that it was likely Chrollo. They sighed softly and cracked the door, staring at him awkwardly before fully opening the door for him. He smiled at them and spoke up in his usual calm and confident tone.

"Hello, good morning.. well almost afternoon," he poked fun and chuckled a little at them.

"Hey.." they whined softly, "is there something you needed?" they looked away, a tinge of embarrassment lingering for longer than they'd like to admit.

"I wanted to check on you and see if you were awake. It seems I woke you up myself though. I apologize for that."

"Its fine. I needed to wake up anyway so.." they trailed off and rubbed the back of their neck.

"I see. What are your plans for today. I've done what I came here for so I don't have any except to leave tomorrow of course."

"Oh. Well I don't really have anything planned for the day either but I should probably start by getting something to eat," They snickered sarcastically, "so if you want to come with for that you'll have to wait considering I still need to get showered."

"Oh.. of course. I'll wait for you downstairs in the lobby then," he nodded, pink dusting his cheeks as he shuffled off to the elevator.

They laughed a little at his awkwardness and closed the door. They headed into the shower, stepping in a bit too soon and jumping from the sudden cold. They shifted uncomfortably as a shiver traveled through their body. Those few seconds that it took for the water to heat up felt like it would never end, but of course it did as it always does. They washed themself quickly, hopping out when they felt sufficiently cleaned and putting on a cute yet comfortable outfit. They sighed happily as they looked at themself in the mirror, satisfied with their appearance. They never really liked the way they looked in professional outfits but they can finally be in their usual clothes now. They felt extra confident after jokingly doing some stupid poses in their mirror and laughing at themself. They put their shoes on excitedly, grabbing their phone and heading down to the lobby where Chrollo was waiting for them patiently. He let out a sigh and leaned back in the chair and looked at they time, not realizing that Y/N was there until they were walking up to him.

"Hey. Ready to go get some lunch?" they spoke first.

"Of course," he smiled at them as he stood up, "you lead the way."

"Right this way.." they jokingly bowed, gesturing with their arms, "I actually don't know where exactly I want to eat but we'll figure it out," they laughed a little and stood up straight.

Chrollo nodded, chuckling a little and taking a mental note of how little they thought things through already. He shrugged it off and followed them as they walk out the doors of the hotel. Y/N looked at their phone and searched for cafes that were relatively close to the hotel since they didn't really feel like going too far today. They would honestly have preferred they be able to stay in their room all day but they do still need to eat and they didn't have any groceries, let alone anything but a microwave in a hotel room obviously. They showed Chrollo where they were thinking about going and he happily agreed. They sighed happily, glad he agreed to the small café. They were worried he would suggest somewhere farther away or fancier than a local shop. He must've had a ton of money if he was so willing to spend money like he did through this experience. They were hungry from missing breakfast that morning and they didn't want to wait any longer to eat. As they walked down the busy sidewalk their stomach growled loudly, making a few head turn but most minded their business. Chrollo glanced over at them and chuckled softly.

"Well someone is hungry aren't. Do you have to starve yourself so often?" he joked.

"I try not to but this week hasn't been the best for making time for a meal," they respond quietly with a shameful sigh.

"You need to start eating semi regularly or I'll have to start pestering you until you do."

"And you would do it too wouldn't you, you nosy bastard! " they laughed, a large grin forming on their features.

"Of course. If we're going to be traveling together you can't not eat. We're going to be walking a lot and it's not healthy to moving around that much without at least eating something," he shrugged.

"Yeah. You're right," they paused for a moment, contemplating the next words they were going to speak, "so... do I need to know anything about who ever we're meeting up with?"

"Yes but we can talk about that later when we're not surrounded by so many people," he looked at them with a stern expression.

They nodded and stayed quiet as they continued on their walk to the café. They honestly regretted not having a car at this very moment. They could've been there already if they did. They shook their head, not really feeling the need to be down on themself at the moment. They didn't want to walk everywhere all the time but it didn't matter. No need to dwell on the things they should've done. Things would get a lot more depressing if they did that all the time. It was too late anyway, they're leaving civilized society behind, which included cars at least for the time being. They snort softly at that thought. This wasn't exactly in their original plans for their life but here they were now. They looked at Chrollo and stared for a while as they walked, wondering if he really was being honest about his intentions. He looked back at them and smiled sweetly.

"We're here," he said, pointing at the building and opening the door for them politely.

"Thanks. Are you ordering something too?" they walked through the door, a wave of the smell of fresh coffee and baked goods washed over them giving them a strange nostalgic feeling.

"Let me guess. A black coffee?" they smirked at him playfully.

"Yes. You remembered!" he laughed, "did I stick in your memory that much?" he joked. 

"Of course. Its almost like you scared the shit out of me last time I got you got a coffee," They huffed out with a touch of bitterness.

"Sorry about that. I let my frustration get the better of me," he admitted and rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's fine... What was that anyway?"

He looks around, taking note of the surprising amount of people in the building, "I'll tell you after we get out order."

They nodded and walked up to the barista with a sheepish smile, exchanging pleasantries before he asked what they wanted to order. They glanced up at the menu and stared for a second, glad that there wasn't anyone behind them because all of the other patrons were either waiting on or had their orders already. Of course it didn't take them long to figure out what they wanted in most cases but they didn't need a line to make them feel pressured as they looked for something they liked. They picked something to drink out and ordered something to eat as well, adding what Chrollo wanted onto their order as another person walked into the shop. Y/N sighed in relief, glad she only walked in after they finished ordering. They turned around to see Chrollo glaring the barista down, not realizing that they were looking for a second before his eyes met theirs. He smiled at them before looking down at his phone and texting someone. They shrugged, figuring that he was just in a bad mood from texting whoever that acquaintance is that's bringing him an exorcist or maybe he just had a resting bitch face. Either way they thought it was a plausible reason to look so pissy. Their order came out and they grabbed it, thanking the barista and giving him a tip before hurrying back to Chrollo. The pair found a nice seat at an outside table. Y/N slid his coffee over to him before repeating the question they had earlier to him.

"So what was that?" they asked curiously, leaning closer as they sipped their drink.

"What was what?" he took the coffee they slid over to him, hesitating a bit but ultimately deciding that he would drink it.

"That thing in the coffee shop that morning! What was that? Was it nen? I felt like you were going to kill me.."

"Oh you mean when I used my bloodlust. I forgot you asked about that. Yes its somewhat related to nen."

"Oh wow so like.. what is bloodlust?"

"Well its exactly what it sounds like. It's your desire to kill someone. It's kind of complicated though but that's a basic definition."

"Oh. So why'd you direct it at me?"

"I thought that maybe if I intimidated you enough you would start talking I guess. You didn't though."

"Of course not! I didn't need mafia men after me for spilling their secrects!"

"Well you didn't exactly want us spiders after you either," he chuckled softly

"That's true but I didn't realize who you were so at the time."

"Fair enough I suppose," he smiled into his drink, "so what you're telling me that if you'd have known you would have caved?" he leaned closer to them.

"Who knows, maybe," Y/N shrugged

They laughed it off and took a bite of their food. They'd forgotten their hunger momentarily during their conversation, panicking a little and hoping that the damn food wasn't drying up out in the open like this. Luckily it hadn't just yet. They let out a sigh of relief and happily ate their meal. Chrollo stared at his phone and narrowed his eyes at a text, pinching the bridge of his nose and letting out a soft sigh. They glanced down at their own phone as he set his down momentarily to drink his coffee. They glanced to the side trying not to let curiosity get the better of them but succumbed to it within a few seconds. They looked down at his screen, unable to make out any of the texts themselves but caught sight of what the name was. Chrollo noticed them looking but didn't seem to mind in this case.

"Hisoka.. Who's that," they cocked their head to the side

"The acquaintance I told you about," he answered casually before picking the phone back up.

"Oh. I had a feeling. So why is he helping you anyway?"

"So he can fight me. I apologize. I thought I had mentioned that."

"Maybe. Why would he want to fight you? Just based off of what you sent my way I don't know why anyone would even want that!"

He shrugged, "I'm not sure but he is helping me out. I'll take care of it when the time comes," he smirked confidently. 

They nodded and sipped their coffee, observing him and just how confident he was in himself. "Wow. Wish that was me," they smiled a little at their internal monologue but rested their face as the next thought popped into their mind, "just how powerful is he with his nen that he's so damn cocky?" Their eyes scanned over his form as they continued thinking. They sighed softly, eating more of their food and shifting in their seat awkwardly. Chrollo's phone began to ring, and he answered it with a huff. 

"Hello?" he spoke calmly

Y/N watched in silent curiosity, noting how despite his calm voice and level headed demeanor he wasn't feeling this conversation already. They looked away and opened up their phone, pretending to be minding their business. They ate the rest of their food and pulled their drink closer as they silently listened to Chrollo talk on the phone to this mysterious acquaintance.

"No. I haven't left the city yet," his brows furrowed in annoyance suddenly, "nothing is holding me up here," he hissed out with a scowl before relaxing a bit and glancing over at Y/N.

They felt his staring and looked up questioningly.

"I'll be right back Y/N. I'm going to handle this real quick," he stood up from his seat before walking off to somewhere not far away with significantly less people. 

They could see him from where they where they were sitting so it wasn't too concerning to them. They were curious about what exactly they were talking about but they respected that he didn't want them to know yet. The spider didn't look very happy with the phone call though so maybe it was best if they stayed where they were. They sighed softly and sipped their drink again, wondering when or if they'd have to deal with this guy that had even Chrollo this annoyed. Was he really that annoying? They looked back at their phone and scrolled through some of their social media. They pouted a little at a sudden thought, "I don't have to get rid of my S/M/A account right?! I hope not. I actually like this one," they sulked at their hypothetical but then remembered that even Chrollo still had a phone and had all his socials still. They breathed a sigh of relief, not so concerned about it anymore. They didn't know what they'd do if they couldn't at least see the online sphere every once in a while. They looked back up to check on Chrollo and he was walking back to the table they were at. He got up to the table just in time for them to run out of their drink. 

"So.. Y/N. You're still sure you want to come with me? It's not too late for you to turn back now," he spoke half jokingly but was genuinely asking.

"Aw, don't want me to regret going with you huh?" they teased.

"Of course not. It's a big decision you know," he was a bit more serious this time.

"Yeah.. I'm sure. I never really liked the idea of working at a desk for the rest of my life appealing anyway."

"And you find risking your life all of the time appealing?"

"It'll keep me on my toes," they joked.

"I suppose you're right," Y/N smiled at him before he began speaking again, "this will be a learning experience for myself as well. I've never taught anyone nen before," he chuckled.

"Really?"

"Really. It'll be interesting teaching while not being able to use my abilities.."

Chrollo sips on his coffee, staring intently at Y/N, looking slightly intrigued. They shifted awkwardly, feeling their face heat up their eyes meet his. He chuckled and looked down casually at his drink. They tried to shake their embarrassment off and ignore him for the time being.

"Are you finished?" Chrollo asked, as he finished his coffee.

"Yeah. Are you?" they smiled at him, "what are we gonna do next?" they questioned curiously, wondering if he had something he wanted to do or if it really was up to them to figure out what to do for the day.

"I suppose we could go for a walk but we've done enough of that this week, don't you think?"

"Yeah I guess so," they rubbed the back of their neck awkwardly with a soft chuckle, "hm.." they think for a while before speaking up again, "why don't we go exploring the city?"

"But we're leaving tomorrow morning."

"That's exactly why we should run around the city today! See all the sights the city has to offer before we leave.. Or at least a good chunk of it."

"I see," he smiled, "well then we shouldn't waste any time here should we?" he points to the time on his phone which read 12:45

They gasped and nodded, "yeah we should get going!" they grinned and hopped out of their seat excitedly.

Chrollo smiled sweetly at them, making their face heat up. They liked his smile, thinking about how he looked much more handsome with one than without. They quickly walked down the sidewalk with Chrollo trailing behind. It was oddly comforting knowing he was following them and not a random creep. Yeah he was a bit creepy to them but he was a creep they knew. He followed for a while, stopping in front of a random art museum that Y/N hadn't noticed. The honestly would have missed it if he hadn't stopped. Y/N stopped, realizing he was no longer following behind. They walked back to him as they had kept going a good distance away before they realized. 

"How about we go in here. Its been a long time since I stepped foot in a museum," he looked at them hopefully.

"Oh. If you want to go in then that's fine. I haven't been in one since I was a little kid," they admitted sheepishly.

"Great then lets go in," Chrollo grinned, grabbing their arm and dragging them inside excitedly.

Chrollo smiled sweetly at them, making their face heat up. They liked his smile, thinking about how he looked much more handsome with one than without. They quickly walked down the sidewalk with Chrollo trailing behind. It was oddly comforting knowing he was following them and not a random creep. Yeah he was a bit creepy to them but he was a creep they knew. He followed for a while, stopping in front of a random art museum that Y/N hadn't noticed. The honestly would have missed it if he hadn't stopped. Y/N stopped, realizing he was no longer following behind. They walked back to him as they had kept going a good distance away before they realized.

"How about we go in here. Its been a long time since I stepped foot in a museum," he looked at them hopefully.

"Oh. If you want to go in then that's fine. I haven't been in one since I was a little kid," they admitted sheepishly.

"Great then lets go in," Chrollo grinned, grabbing their arm and dragging them inside excitedly.

They almost tripped as they got pulled along but catch their footing the best they could. Their face contorted into an expression of concern but soon turned into a more soft expression, seeing Chrollo's face. His expression was full of childlike excitement as he browsed through the gallery they had on site. It was cute to see him let loose even just a little bit. They sighed softly, happy to just follow him around the museum and let him rant about his knowledge on each exhibit. He seemed to know at least one fun fact about each piece they visited. They thought is was nice to hear him talk about things that made him happy, they honestly just liked to see him relax a little. They had watched him overwork himself for a week straight, not that they were any better of course. They were concerned of course but didn't feel they had any right to say anything since they were doing the same thing. "I'm a bit of a hypocrite aren't I?" they laugh at themself internally, "well at least we can both relax for the day now." They finish that thought and felt their lips tug upwards. The pair eventually walked into a dark room that was lit up by black lights and had art that glowed on the walls. Chrollo was fascinated by the sight of this room in particular. He looked star struck and as if he had never seen art pieces like this. "He must of only really studied up on older pieces." they giggled to themself

"I've never seen art like this before. Have we reached the modern art section?" he took a few steps out of the way they just came in, reading the sign out loud, "Modern art, Neon lights exhibit.. Oddly fitting even if they aren't neon lights."

"Oh? well then what are they mister smart guy?" Y/N teased him.

"They're made from fluorescent paints. They glow under the black lights," he pointed to the black lights that lined the walls.

"Oh. That's actually really cool."

"Yes. I agree," he nodded, eager to explore this section in particular.

An awkward silence settled down between the pair as they continued on their adventure through this section of the museum. Chrollo didn't seem to notice though, walking foreword to the next piece without a care in the world. Y/N shuffled next to him, wanting to get to know more about him but not exactly knowing what exactly to ask him. He glanced over at them for a moment before going back to walking normally.

"If you want to say something just say it. No reason to be shy now," He chuckled.

"I actually don't know what to say. I'm trying to figure that out myself." They rubbed the back of their neck and laughed a little.

"Of course. I'll break the awkward silence then. How long were you living in Yorknew before we came?"

"A few years actually. I wanted to get away from home. I love my family but they were.. Suffocating sometimes. Well.. a lot of the time," they rubbed the back of their neck.

"Really? That sounds nice. I didn't really have a family other than the troupe. I practically raised myself for as long as I can remember. The 'streets' of meteor city were unforgiving so it really toughened me up."

They nodded and was quiet for a moment before speaking up again, "so why did you become a criminal anyway?"

"Because I can do what I want and get what I want. I never got what I wanted so I took it into my own hands," he answered plainly.

"So basically you're telling me that it was just because you wanted to."

"Yes, precisely."

"That's.. I never heard of that before."

"What? Committing crimes just because you wanted to?"

"Yeah. Usually people just come up with some kind of motive."

"I suppose so."

They move on to the next exhibit, nearing the end of their tour of the place, "so Chrollo.. you know why I'm going with you but why did you invite me to come with you?"

"Does that matter?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. It matters to me."

"Hm.. I invited you because I felt like it."

"Really? That's all?"

"Yes."

"I don't believe that. You have to have some kind of motive," they stared suspiciously.

"Has anyone every told you that you ask too many questions?"

"Of course they have," they joked, "but seriously. I don't usually ask so many questions but I need to know who I'm traveling with."

"Fine. If you must know, like I told you before, traveling alone doesn't seem beneficial to me right now."

They stared suspiciously, "so you could just strand me at anytime?"

"Yes I guess that is a a thing I could do but are you going to trust that I won't?" he chuckled

"Hm.. I don't know if I trust you like that just yet but I'm going to have to huh? Well.. Do you trust me not to leave you?"

"I do. You're unable to defend yourself but not as stupid as you like to act," he chuckled.

They looked away and got quiet once more, making Chrollo smile at how flustered you had gotten. The pair makes their way to the exit wordlessly, having seen what all the museum had to offer at that moment. Y/N looks at their phone to check the time. "It's already 3?" they think to themself. They hadn't realized just how long they'd been in there. They sighed and looked over at Chrollo who was looking at his own phone. he rolled his eyes.

"So much for exploring the rest of the city huh?" they laughed, getting Chrollo's attention, "if we were to keep going now we wouldn't make it back to the hotel until really late."

"Lets go back to the hotel now then. I think they said they had a pool," Chrollo suggested

"oh seriously? That sounds fun," Y/N said excitedly.

"You're surprised? I thought you'd know."

"Well I didn't exactly look at what all they offered. I just needed a place to sleep."

"Ah. Makes sense. Lets go then. You can just check it out now," he grabs their arms casually and begins their walk towards the hotel.

The pair stays fairly quiet for the walk there.

Chrollo would look their way every once in a while to make sure they were okay. Y/N held onto his arm loosely, yawning softly. Chrollo smiled a little at this, wondering if they'd even be up to spending some time in the pool or the hot tub. He shrugged that off, figuring that anyone would be up for at least the hot tub. The pair made it to the hotel and go to their separate rooms to change. "Do I even have a Swimsuit anymore?" Y/N thought to themself, rummaging through their things. When they moved to Yorknew they had to get rid of a lot of things but they couldn't remember if their swimsuit had gotten tossed with everything else. They hoped not but it was still a possibility. They sighed in relief as they pulled out the two piece and leave the room. They walked down to the lobby, looking around for some kind of directional sign leading to the pool. They found one eventually and walked in that direction. They looked around, not seeing Chrollo anywhere but assuming that he was just taking a little longer to get ready. Y/N headed into the bathroom to change into their swimsuit, coming back out fairly quickly. They tugged at their ruffles gently, getting a bit self conscious as the suit was slightly smaller on them than they remembered. They ran back into the bathroom just to make sure everything was still okay. They huffed softly in frustration, seeing that visually there wasn't much of a difference but they could feel it. They glared in the mirror at their reflection. "Why am I getting all insecure? I just fill out my suit a little more is all," they smirked, quickly getting used to the new way it sat on their figure, "you know what? I look hot!" They giggled to themself before strutting back out to the pool with a pep in their step. They stopped when they see Chrollo waiting patiently for them. He had his back turned to them and hadn't noticed them just yet so they stared for a while. Y/N's eyes trailed along his defined muscles, lingering for a while on a spider tattoo that resided in the center of his back with the the number zero on its abdomen. They shook their head before walking through the gateway and right up to him. They touched his arm and smiled up at him. 

"There you are, Y/N," he smiled at them.

"Yup! I was just fixing my suit. Its a little tighter than I remember," they admitted and rubbed the back of their neck.

"Really?" he looked them up and down, smirking a little, "well I think you look very nice."

Their cheeks begin to burn from embarrassment, "thank you," they glance to the side to avoid any eye contact with the spider.

He chuckled, "sorry, too foreword?"

"Oh uhm.. No. I'm just not used to compliments," they laughed.

"Well that's unfortunate, isn't it? You'd think someone as captivating as yourself would get mountains of compliments."

"Oh be quiet you're probably just saying that so I'll let my guard down," they cross their arms and lean in closer to his face with a half-hearted glare.

"If that's what you've chosen to believe," he rolled his eyes and walked over to a table and set his things down.

They smiled and set their things down with his. They dipped their toes in the pool, hesitating to fully step in at the shallow end after feeling how cold it was. They stared intensely at the water but snap out of it as they hear a loud splash. They looked over to see Chrollo swimming over. He stood up with a close eyed smile, wiping his face before looking in their direction.

"Come on Y/N, get in. The water isn't that cold," he laughs, splashing some water at them.

They squeal and shield their face, "stop it!" they whined.

He laughed and walked over to them as he spoke, "standing there isn't going to get you used to the water any quicker you know."

"Yeah well.. Shut up," they sighed softly.

They took a few more steps into the pool before he stopped again. Chrollo sighed impatiently before picking them up bridal style and walking towards the deep end of the pool. They gasped and struggled to get out of his grip.

"Put me down!" They begged loudly.

Chrollo grinned and laughs, "if that's what you want," he drops them and they feel the cold water wash over them.

The water was deep enough that they could comfortably be under the water but shallow enough that they could stand up. They managed to get themself up right and plant their feet of the ground. They glared at him, making him put his hands up defensively.

"What? It looked like you needed some help," he playfully winked.

"I was getting in just fine at my slow pace," they huffed.

"You know if you didn't like the cold you could have told me you wanted to go in the hot tub," he places a finger on his lips thoughtfully.

"Well its too late now! We're already in here."

"My bad. I suppose I got a bit overzealous."

They sink down to where only half their face was surfaced and turn away from Chrollo casually.

"Oh come on. Did I really hurt your feelings that badly?" he sinks just as low as them and glides in front of them.

Y/N smirked widely and Chrollo stared back in surprise, barely having enough time to react to Y/N's surprise splash attack. They burst out into maniacal laughter as they jumped up and send a wave from their movement. Chrollo fell under the waves and Y/N stopped. They smirked, satisfied at their work. They laughed as Chrollo popped back to the surface in front of them. The pair laughed and continued their little water fight for a while before taking a break, dangling their legs in the water and breathing in the chlorinated air. Chrollo looked over and stared for a moment with a small smile. Y/N glanced over, making eye contact but looked down with their hands in their lap sheepishly.

"lets move to the hot tub for a little. It's getting a little late," he motioned to a window where the sunset was visible, "and I think we both want to take a dip in there before we leave."

They nodded and got up with him, reaching the hot tub before Chrollo. They stepped in and swiftly sat down in the comfortably hot water.

Chrollo laughed a little as he made it there and stepped down into the water.

"You look satisfied," he teased.

"Huh?" he pulled them out of the trance of total relaxation, "oh. yeah," they cackled softly

"cute," he leaned back with a smile.

Y/N rolled their eyes and looked out the window, admiring the beautiful shades of red and orange. They sighed happily. They'd been so busy lately they hadn't been able to see the sunset. They usually were indifferent to the sky's constant shifting but not seeing it for so long really made them appreciate the little things.

"You know Y/N.. Now is your last chance to stay," Chrollo spoke up after a while.

"I already told you, I've made up my mind and I'm going with you," they yawned softly.

"Just making sure. Traveling with me isn't exactly something for everyone."

"I'm aware of that, considering you're a criminal to the highest degree," they snort.

"Okay. Okay," he chuckled.

The two stayed in the water until their fingers wrinkled. As they were drying off with the hotel towels Chrollo's stomach growled loudly. His cheeks were dusted with a soft pink.

"Oh.. Are you hungry? We have been moving around all day," he smiled at Y/N.

"Yeah I'm starved," they stretch with a smirk.

"Why are you so smug, hm?" he raised an eyebrow.

"You look cute blushing like that," they punched him playfully as they skipped past him.

He stared for a moment before walking after them. The two put their clothes back on and walk to the food court, hopping that it was still open. They honestly didn't want to have to walk all the way to a restaurant after being in the pool for so long. Y/N fist pumped the air a few times when they saw that most of the food shops were still open. The pair stood in the fairly short line to the little stand in the food court that they were looking to eat at. Y/N leaned against Chrollo tiredly. They were going to eat and go straight to bed. Today was the most fun they'd had in a long while but they knew that tomorrow morning they would start on a journey that would likely be way too long for their taste. Of course they'd actually have the freedom to do what they want for the most part. Chrollo tapped them on the shoulder and pulled them back to reality.

"Its our turn," he walked up to the register with them.

"What would you like to order today?" the worker smiled.

"Oh I'll take F/O/C and a D/O/C, please," they smiled back.

"And for you sir?"

"I'll take a Chicken tenders and fries with a water, thank you."

"Coming right up."

They patiently and quietly waited for their food. Both of them were tired from their activities that day so there wasn't much speaking while they stuffed their bellies with their meal. They went back to their rooms together, saying goodnight before heading in for the night. Y/N stripped out of their day clothes and gets into their PJs. They sighed softly, realizing they hadn't yet packed their bags for the trip. They walked over to their things, folding the clothes and placing it carefully in their bag. They figured they'd realistically only bring one bag on this trip so they shoved what they thought was the most important to bring along. They flopped on the bed, setting their alarm for early morning, "good thing we're going to bed early tonight," they laughed to themself, letting their heavy lids flutter shut. Their alarm went off and they jumped up, turning it off and jumping in the shower. They enjoyed it a little longer than they really wanted to, knowing that they might not get to shower as often as they'd like to on this trip. They got out only to hear a knock on the door.

"I'll be out in a second, Chrollo!" they called out as they put on a casual outfit that isn't too much of a hassle to walk in.

"Alright," he called back.

Y/N slipped a pair of sneakers on, grabbing their bag and making sure they had definitely grabbed everything they needed. They grabbed their phone and put it somewhere safe, opening the door.

"Alright lets go," they grinned at Chrollo.

He smiled back and motioned for him to follow. They checked out of the hotel and walked out the doors, Y/N taking in the fresh air and the sun that had barely risen yet.

"So where are we heading again?" they asked Chrollo quietly.

"East. Where we're either going to run into Hisoka or find a Nen Exorcist to take care of this," he answered casually.

"Gotcha."

They walked east through the small city until they made it out of the area and onto a wilderness landscape and a road that didn't look like it had been used in a long while. They took a deep breath and waved goodbye to the city and a proper, civilized life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 885 13
"My ability is called Soul Mate. I can create a bond between myself and some else. Once the bond is established, I can go back in time to meet my sou...
30K 1K 54
Waking up surrounded by an unfamiliar place was a new one even for you, but the most unsettling thing about waking up is seeing a wide eyed black and...
1K 99 8
In a parallel universe, a mind-blowing revelation shook the world-a genderbend version of the notorious Phantom Troupe. This unexpected troupe consis...
83 7 6
You're a 24 years old magician who lives in York New. You've been tired of working 9-5 as a class act magician, you wanted something more. You wanted...