Woman of Intelligence (Book 2...

By Yaksha2000

Riya Moodley is a Police Officer in the Singaporean Defense Force. She and Samantha Lau, her partner, have be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (Part 1)
Chapter 4 (Part 2)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (Part 1)
Chapter 7 (Part 2)
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Part 2)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (Part 1)
Chapter 17 (Part 2)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 (Part 1)
Chapter 27 (Part 2)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (Part 1)
Chapter 34 (Part 2)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 (Part 1)
Chapter 37 (Part 2)
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Part 1)
Chapter 41 (Part 2)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 (Part 1)
Chapter 45 (Part 2)

Chapter 13 (Part 1)

4 2 0
By Yaksha2000

Meiling and Kris were assembling a four tier cake. Riya was piping Italian Meringue Buttercream on the Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes. Riya spent the whole day with Meiling, helping out to make the desserts. Riya's sister and mother did come earlier to check on Riya. Padma, Riya's mother, did give Riya some iron tablets while Riya was waiting for her strong medication. Padma was also on iron supplements. Hitarthi was not impressed on how John spoke to Riya that Hitarthi wanted to beat him up. But Riya told her that she and Liang managed to solve the problem. That made Hitarthi feel better but she was still going to go after him if he continued hurting her sister. 

Kris was adding the buttercream roses on to the cake. Shing was placing the savories meals on the long dinner table. Riya managed to take a break earlier from the baking to visit Samantha as White Jaguar. Luckily, Meiling, Shing and Kris did not suspect her. They were more worried about the party than what was Riya doing. The house was decoration with so much decoration, more decorations than Liang and Riya's house. A puppy started baking out loud from the pathway. Someone could have enter the house. A deep voice was talking to the puppy in a sweet manner. Kris went to check who it was but he stopped halfway. Liang entered the big kitchen a small white fluffy puppy in his arms. He was stroking its neck with his fingers. 

"Gege, you finally made it.", Kris said with excitement. 

Liang looked at his brother. "Yep. I wouldn't miss something like this. You should be careful next time with her. Where is the ribbon for this little girl?", he was meaning the puppy. 

"It's by the table. You can put it on for her before the party starts. Anyway, we are almost done. We just need to arrange everything.", Kris went back to help his mother. 

Liang kissed the puppy on her head then placed her on the floor. Riya finished with the last cupcake. Now she was just adding the decorations. Liang stopped next to Riya and looked at the orange and red buttercream cupcakes. Riya was only paying attention to the cupcakes. Meiling went to the storeroom to get something. Liang looked at his mother who was inside the room, looking for something.

"Moods.", he whispered in Riya's ear. 

She looked at him immediately. Liang grabbed her by her lower back and glared at her for a moment. He was checking on her in terms of her health. She was looking slightly pale due to her iron been low. She still had the plaster on her forehead. Apart from that, she was looking much better than earlier. Liang noticed a small piece of cupcake in her hand. 

"Were you eating while decorating?", he asked. 

"Just tasting, to make sure it's good.", she answered with honesty. 

Liang looked at her for a minute. Then he bent his head to her left hand. Her fingers went to his mouth. He took the last piece of the cupcake from her fingers. He licked off the last bit of buttercream from her fingers. Riya was feeling slightly nervous after he licked her fingers. Liang looked at her in the eye.

"You mustn't eat too much of cakes and sour food. Now that you are on iron tablets, you need to watch your diet.", he was being serious. 

"I didn't eat the whole thing though. I shared it with Kris and Meiling.", she was telling the truth. 

"Okay. From tomorrow onwards...", he pulled her closed to him. Their lips almost met. "You have to minimize your sour and sweet intakes. You must also reduce eating junk food.", he whispered. 

Riya listened to him then she was looking at his clothes. He was dressed up pretty casual for tonight's dinner. A dark red shirt with black jeans and a black coat, he was looking handsome. There was no difference to Riya because he still looked handsome in his normal clothes. Liang was looking at her dress but the floral apron was blocking it. 

"Baby.", Meiling saw Liang. 

Liang immediately removed his hand from her back and stood a distance from her. Then he looked at his mother. "Hello Mama.", he smiled. 

"Ooooohhh, my boy is looking really handsome today. The only thing you missing is a date.", she laughed and Riya also laughed. 

Liang looked at them. "Mama, I told you I don't need someone right now. I might be twenty-eight but I still have things to achieve.", he made it clear. 

Riya and Meiling looked at each other with mischievous smile. "We both know that someone has a crush on you.", Meiling said then placed her elbow on Riya's shoulder.

"Oh, I can see you two are besties now."

"Yeah because we both love making desserts. Plus, we can talk sassy stories about you.", Meiling laughed a bit. 

Riya also joined Meiling. Liang was looking at Riya with a flirty smirk. Meiling let go of Riya and continued assembling the rest of the cake. Riya was about to do continue but Liang grabbed her by her waist. He bought her close to him again. He was looking at her with a mischievous smile. 

"So, what do you and your mother talk about that is related to me?", he was really curious. 

"Nothing.", she lied. 

Liang did not buy that. He pulled her close to him and placed his other hand on her back. "You better tell me before I...", he placed his fingers on her apron string. "Open the you apron then your beautiful dress.", he whispered. 

Riya could sense that he was being serious. "About your achievements, personalities, women you have dated and your friends. Although, I still don't understand why you first ex-girlfriend would want to have a date in a museum."

Liang also did not understand that either. But he felt like there was more to the stories. He was slowly opening up her apron. "Tell me more.", he whispered. 

"There is nothing. I never mention anything about Justine.", she was being serious. 

"Good but I can always ask my brother. You better tell me now or when we arrive home, I will flirt with you the entire night until the next morning.", he whispered right on her lips. 

Her heart started beating fast out of the blue. "I'm being honest. I never told your mother about Justine because you two are not dating. I also know that you don't like her."

"So, you finally realize that she is not the woman in my life."

"Yep. You deserve to be with someone who is your true lover."

"True. Did you speak to Samantha like White Jaguar?", he asked. 

"Yep. I managed to get out of the house to see her. I used the back entrance.", she explained the process. 

Liang removed his arms from her back so she could continue with her decoration. "Did you tell about the celebrities that committed suicide?"

The puppy started barking, indicating that someone was here. "Not yet, I still need to double check the information.", she was decorating with sprinkles. 

Liang understood why she was doing that. Samantha, Ling, Baozhai, Hitarthi and Padma entered the house. Riya heard her sister talking to the puppy. Riya finished decorated the cupcakes. She removed the apron then placed it on the hook behind the storage door. Liang saw the peach color dress that Riya was wearing. Her dress was semi-short with chiffon fabric and no sleeves. She started plating up the cupcakes on the cupcake stands. Liang was helping her out. 

"Hey baby.", a woman entered the kitchen and it was Hitarthi.

Riya looked at her. "Hello Akka (big sister)."

Holly, Lucas and Aliya entered the kitchen. They came with Riya's family. "Wow Riya, these look beautiful.", Holly said about those cupcakes. 

"Thank you. I made recipes for these cupcakes."

Lucas looked at her. "Seriously girl. Wow.", he did not want to believe it.

Michael, Xiang, Li, Sung-hoon, Johnny, Haneul, Yingjie, Lisa, Feng, Tommy and Susan entered the house. The house was decorated with pink and cream balloons. Shiny was setting the food on the big table. The others were placing all the desserts on the dining table. Meiling finished the last touches of the creamed floral cake. 

The lights were turned off including the Christmas lights. Everything was in darkness. Now everyone was hiding in different corners. Kris came down with Fei and Lana. He was helping them out. He had his phone camera light on. Kris made them standing in the middle of the dining table. There were eighteen candles, lit up in front of them. The twins did not know what was going on. 

"SURPRISE!!!", the lights were turned on and everyone jumped for joy. 

The twins screamed and flinched at the same time. Everyone started singing for them because it was their birthday. They were standing in different corners. The twins were super excited for this party. They were standing together and waiting for everyone to finish sing. Everyone finished sing and Shing spoke.

"Make a wish my little girls.", he said to his daughters. 

Fei and Lana closed the eyes and made their wish. Then they opened their eyes and blew the candles together. Everyone clapped for them. Then Lana took the knife and gave it to her sister. Fei held the knife together and they cut the top tier cake. Lana took out a normal slice cakes and fed her sister. Everyone started clapping again. Then Fei fed her sister. Liang and Kris were a bit sad that their sisters did not mess each other faces. 

"You girls should have mess each other faces when you messed your brothers' faces when they turned eighteen.", Meiling pointed out. 

"But we were young then.", Lana and Fei said together.   

Liang and Kris went by their sisters. They took a cupcake each and ran towards them. The brothers smashed the cupcakes on their sisters' faces. Everyone started laughing when Fei said something weird. Fei and Lana's faces were messed with the buttercream and some cake crumbs. The twins had so much so far on their eighteen birthday. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 36.3K 29
Amaya Rose. she is sweet and also very good at baking. she ignores her attraction for him because she doesn't know who he is, all she knows is that h...
8.6K 549 45
When Jackson wang ends up viciously murdered in a very sadistic way. There's 15 suspect, each with a motive to kill, but who did it? Who mercilessly...
9.2K 662 23
Situations made Shivaay a billionaire CEO into a Mafia leader. His only motto of life was to avenge his sister's death. He was having a face-off with...
244 2 6
Two strong and independent women. One, who is obvious at what she does. The other, who maintains her subtlety. One, who kills professionally to prote...