Stay

By hatersmakeyoufamous

A love triangle between three best friends. Max is best friends with Kristine and Sam since past 10 years wh... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 7

715 57 57
By hatersmakeyoufamous

Kristine's POV

"Thank you Mrs. WiId, I will be looking forward to work with you." I said to the principal.

"No need to thank me Miss Williams, you are extremely talented, passionate and a deserving person for this job. Congratulations." She extended her hand for a shake.

"So, I guess I will see you tomorrow then. Have a good day." I smiled politely at the old lady and took her hand for a shake.

"Sure, you too dear." She took her seat and I took my leave.

After the grad party. I thought that I needed some distraction from my messed up life. Not to mention, I can not be a burden on my father anymore. it's not like he can't afford me or anything but It's just that it's about time I should be independent.

So what can be better than indulging myself in my dream job.

So I thought the first step should be
to apply for a job. In a school.

Finally!

So I applied yesterday at a school not to far from our home. And impressively, I got a call today. The principal was so impressed by my passion about teaching And it went very well.

I can't wait till I tell dad. He will be ecstatic.

It's been three days since our graduation day. A lot has changed already like me getting a job, Max and me getting together and Sam coming back to town.

I haven't seen Max in these three days and I am thankful for the space which is given to me because I really needed this time to collect my thoughts to prepare my myself for the unexpected.

But I must say, I miss Max.

We were almost together all this time. Driving together to the uni, spending time together in each other's home, attending parties together and being there for each other like always.

I sat at my beat up Nissan which my father gifted me on my 18th birthday. I don't use my car that much cause well, Max always love to take me with him in his infamous truck. And I am always happy to oblige.

When I reached home. I took out the key hidden under the mat. And unlocked the lock. When I opened the door, I was surprised to see Max sitting on a couch watching some news channel on tv.

He must've heard the front door open cause his eyes landed on me.

My heart started thumping wildly in my chest.

When he saw me he stood up, came to me, wrapped me in a bear hug and spanned me around while I was giggling like a 5 year old.

"Put me -- I said through the fits of giggles -- down." I said, still giggling.

He put me down and put his forehead against mine. And looked me in the eye with happiness shining in his eyes.

I couldn't help contain my happiness as my mouth broke into a smile.

I really did miss him. Eh?

After starting at each other. He broke the silence.

"I got accepted Kristy." He breathed out.

"Accepted in what?"

"Remember days before I told you about a company I wanted to work with."

I remember him telling me about working with a company which hire architecture students to tech them practical work and help them gain experience. And they pay them very well too.

"Yeah." I smiled as I thought where this was going.

"I got accepted." He smiled at me with his 100 mega watt smile.

I hugged him this time. Feeling so happy for him. He really did want this.

"Oh my god! Max I am so happy for you."

"I know right. The best thing is that I don't have to work part time job and I will be able to help mom with bills and stuff. Also we don't have to worry about Josh's education expanses. I am so happy Kristy."

"Did you tell your mom?" I know her mom would be ecstatic.

He ran a hand through his hair, a habit whenever he is nervous.

"No I actually I wanted to tell you first." He said with so much adoration.

God! Is he for real? Here he is telling me that he got accepted in a job which has been his dream instead of telling his mother first, he opted to tell me first.

"Max you know, you didn't have to do that." I said feeling touched.

"How can I not Kristy? Do you even realize that I got accepted the day after we got together. You are lucky for me. And the best thing ever that happened to me."

He caressed my cheek with his calloused hand. Making my heart beat faster and making butterflies go wild in my stomach.

I was never the girl to believe in fate. But now as Max mentioned me being lucky for him, is it possible that the job I got accepted to is because he is lucky for me too?

I bit my lip as I decided to return the favour.

"Max I want to tell you something."

He nodded and I continued.

"I got accepted in a school as a teacher. I will teach the primary classes for now then when I will get the hang of it they will assign me to teach secondary classes too. I am just coming back from there." I said feeling happy.

The smile on his face grew even bigger, brighter if it was even possible and he kissed my forehead tenderly.

"I don't even remember when I was this happy Kristy. I am so proud of you. Do you know that?"

I nodded instantly feeling shy.

"I want you to know that you are the first one I chose to tell. "

He looked at me like he couldn't believe his ears.

He was about to say something when I put my hand on his mouth.

"I want you to trust me. I want you to know that whatever I am doing is for you. I want to make you happy like you make me. And what I told is nothing in front of the things you do for me." I told him truthfully.

He took my hand away from his mouth and leaned closer to me. I thought that he was going to kiss me but I was wrong when his hot breath fanned my ear.

"Go on a date with me." He whispered in my ear.

My eyes got wide. And he grinned at me that panty dropping grin which he used as his weapon when he wanted his way with someone.

Umm.

"Please, don't say no. I want to celebrate our success with you and it's been so long since we've been out together, like the only two of us-"

I cut him off with a 'Yes'.

I was surprised that I gave in so easy. But if I have to be honest I really do want to spend some quality time with Max in order to celebrate our success. I can always celebrate with dad when he will have the weekend off.

"Really? That easy?" He asked not believing that I gave in so easy.

I nodded and bit my lip trying not to smile at how eager he sounded.

"I should thank my lucky stars then because everything seems to go my way. So gorgeous, I will be here to pick you up at five. Sounds good?" He asked smugly.

"Sounds like a plan." I said with a smile.

------------------

"Where are you taking me Max?" I asked feeling giddy, nervous and excited.

He glanced at me and smirked.

"Now now, we don't want to spoil the surprise." He winked at me.

"Did I tell you that you look breath taking tonight?" He asked me while taking me in with his eyes which were clouded with desire.

The first time he saw me wearing these denim short shorts and a white tank top which was fitted at my breast area and shows-off my figure, he just stood their not speaking and looking at me like he wanted to devour me while I took my time to check him out as well.

He was wearing khaki shorts which showed his muscular legs and a white v-neck t-shirt which clinged to his chest. He is a sight for the sore eyes.

I blushed for the second time again.

"You did. And don't change the subject now!" I said embarrassed.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about baby. And I am not going to tell. So you have to wait." He said stubbornly.

After listening to the radio for another 10 minutes the car stopped.

I was instantly hit by the smell of sand and salty water as I recognized the place.

I let out a gasp.

Beach.

"No way Max." I said, stunned.

I can't believe he took me here.

He let out a chuckle and came to my side quickly to open the door. I stepped out as I took my sneakers off and held them in my hand to feel the sand beneath my feet.

Max gave me his arm and I gladly accepted it ignoring the tingles that were shooting down my spine.

He took me to the side where there were less people and I was surprised to see a blanket on which basket was placed with two glasses and a bottle of red wine which happens to be my favourite.

"Oh my God! That's so romantic Max." I said without realizing what I was saying.

I mentally face palmed myself.

"You and your big mouth Kristy." He said with amusement evident in his eyes.

He led me to where the blanket was laid and we both sat down, Max sitting across me.

"I've got a question." I said.

"Fire away."

"How come this whole thing was arranged? The blanket, wine and basket?"

Feeling curious as to who did this while he was with me the whole time.

"Sean and Ryan helped." He said while emptying the contents from the basket.

Oh. Right.

"It was my idea though." He said while still not looking at me.

"You remember, don't you." I said feeling my heart sped up.

When we were younger I always used to tell Sam that how a date on the beach would be romantic. How magical it would be. But Sam never took the hint and he would always take me to the restaurants, movies and where he wouldn't have to put much effort. Not that I ever complained. But a girl wants to be cherished by someone, sometimes.

But Max. He is different.

Wait a minute.

I never told Max about this so?

"How?" I asked, hesitated.

"Kristy did you not listen when I said I have been loving you since we were kids? I know when your eyes twinkle it means that you are happy and excited about something, or when you fidget with your hands and sometimes pinch your nose it means that you are nervous, or when your lips twitch it means you are about to smile that beautiful smile of yours. I know you. I always have."

Did he really?

My heart goes out for him.

"Where were you?" I asked, suddenly feeling my eyes blurred as I choked on a sob. Trying to hold back the tears.

"I have always been here Kristy but you were too busy to notice." He said with a sad smile as he moved towards me so he can hold me in his arms.

Regret.

Yes, that's what I was hit by. All the years you go chasing a person, you love them, give them everything you can ever give someone but oh so easily they toss it aside.

My spotlight was always on Sam so I never noticed Max standing in the dark. Until now.

He kissed my forehead.

"No Max, I don't deserve you. Go find someone else. Love some one else. Don't, just don't love me. Please go." I cried.

I pushed him but he wouldn't budge. I tried again. But his hold on me tightened. After attempting for the third time I gave up because he was so much stronger than me.

"Easy women. I am not going anywhere just stop stressing yourself. You deserve this and so much more." He said while brushing away my tears. But it was of no use, I just ended up crying more for all the bad things I have put Max through.

But a big part of me was happy to know that he is not having the easy way out and he wants to stay. And that he is in for a long haul.

After crying for a few more minutes a comfortable silence settled between us. The sound of water crushing against the shore and our constant breathing was like music to my ears as we watched the beautiful sunset.

My head was still resting on his chest when he whispered.

"You okay?"

"Yup. And I am starving." And on cue my stomach grumbled.

Max let out a hearty laugh and I joined him too.

"Okay so let's eat then. Shall we?"

"We shall."

I crawled back to my place and opened the wrapper to reveal a hamburger. Yum.

"Is it from Amy's?" I asked, hoping he would say yes.

Amy's is a fast food shop here in Florida which makes the most delicious hamburgers ever made.

"They are your favourite so I had to get them." He shrugged, nonchalantly like its no big deal.

But to me it is.

He remembered.

As I took one bite of my hamburger, though it was cold but so mouth watering, I moaned at the delicious taste that flooded my taste buds.

When I looked at Max, his hamburger was still in his hands and he was looking at me like he wants to eat me instead of the hamburger.

What's wrong with him?

Hamburger is way delicious than any human flesh!

After feeding ourselves we placed the foiled wrappers, glasses and the half bottle of wine back in the basket.

While Max still had this look in his eyes which was making me nervous. Really nervous.

He extended his right hand towards me and without thinking twice I placed mine in his.

He brought my knuckles to his lips and kissed them lightly.

Even though the kiss was light but the impact of it was huge on me. I shivered from the intensity in his eyes.

"Are you cold? We can go if you want." He mistook the shiver of the desire with cold.

"No, I wanna stay. For few minutes. If that's okay?"

For few minutes let me live in this fairy tale.

"Of course. As long as you want to stay." Max said while placing me in between his legs and wrapping his arms around me.

His arms provided me the warmth, security and love.

Which maybe I don't deserve.

I closed my eyes just to escape the harsh reality but instantly regretted doing it.

Because I saw him.

Sam.

A/N: Ohkay so first and for all, I want to thank two main people who are helping me write this story.
1. Nataixox
2. Pxptarts
Thanks guys. Love you. It wouldn't have been possible without you guys.

And I want to say to the reader 4_real that I love to read your comments and look forward to hear from you more.

And also I have around 142 followers which is not much but still I am thankful. Alhamdulilah. And to all the people who comment and vote for my book and appreciate my work I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart cause it means a lot to me and I am sure it would mean a lot to any writer. So thankyou guys. :*

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 14.5K 17
Two childhood best friends. One accidental kiss. A summer that changes everything. *** Felipe Rivera has a problem. Several problems, really; as if...
1.4K 47 37
I closed my eyes as a crippling pain spread through my soul. "You're my best friend and I love you" I tell him trying to hold back the single tear t...
769 93 27
Secrets, don't stay hidden forever. They will come out even if they are buried. Sometimes it's better to tell the even if it is going to hurt you or...
105K 1.8K 40
So Callie starts getting feelings for her best friends boyfriend but what will happen when she starts flirting with the boy? Will her friendship las...