THE MYTHS AND THE SHADOWS

By IndigoScarlett3

The story is about Diana born into the world influenced by clans magical powers and creatures, as a person wi... More

BLUE
The Wild
New Friend
Name
PROMISE
Discover
Shadow

NIGHTMARE

35 10 4
By IndigoScarlett3

It was hard for Diana to figure out where she was, the surrounding seemed different. There was no sign of life, just light reflecting off the surface  It seemed like she was stuck in a constant loop. As she had seen a  crevice for about the millionth time while trying to escape the situation. It was hard for her to keep her calm she had never been in this kind of situation, she was completely worn out, she was losing all her hopes when she saw a figure in the distance it seemed like an inhuman figure to her. The figure seemed to slowly move toward her, it was horrifying for her.

It was either the shock or the exhaustion as it was hard for her to keep her eyes open, it seemed her eyes had a will of their own and they wanted to close right now. It was hard to keep them open so she decide to let her eyes follow their own will and let them close.

Diana slowly opened her eyes filled with tears, breathing heavily and still not able to figure out what just happened.

" so it was just a dream" Diana took into account her surrounding she was lying down in her bed, her pillow seemed to be wet by her tears.

After taking a minute to calm down she slowly sits up. She woke up late from her nightmare as she could see children playing around from her bedside window. She stands up make her bed and walks towards the flowers in her vase that were withering. It was only been a few days and the flowers started to wither. 

" so we have to change the flower " she sighed as she realized that it was about time to start her day and start working.

So she rushed to take shower and picked out a white knee-length cotton dress that seemed perfect for a summer day. After showering her stomach started to grumble so she the snacks left from the previous day she decided to eat them.

Being alone at a young age was difficult, there was so many emotion she felt but as time goes by those feeling were now somewhere buried deep down in her heart as she didn't have someone to talk about and address those feelings. She had no idea who her parents were. All she knows is that Mr Hawkins took her in when she was a newborn and when she asked him about her parents he had no answer or he changed the topic of conversation.

  Mr Hawkins was about  50 years old with no magical powers or clan marks so he was a part of a small population called the commoners who did not possess any kind of powers or clan marks. Usually, the clan marks develop by the age of  10. They appear as a mark on the body. Followed by an outburst of enormous power or if already possessing a magical power they strengthen. 

The orphanage she was in was helped by Mr Hawkins as he was a generous fellow. The orphanage was the only family she had and she cherished them.

 In the orphanage,  she was the eldest so she now took all the little children under her wings, a couple of days back she witness one of the children developing the mark of an influential clan and developing his power. Next thing she knows he was adopted.

Was she happy? yes

 Was she jealous? yes

Did she feel helpless? yes

Children like her with no power no clan mark were not desired by anyone they were always left alone to perish. Only the commoners would adopt the children with no clan mark, but you could feel that secretly they hoped to adopt the child with clan mark and move to the better part of the town, a town for the gifted.

She knew  that there was no hope for her she was 18 with no clan mark left alone the fact that she didn't have any kind of power 

On the other hand, her friend Stacy who she had been with since they were kids because both of them had nowhere to go didn't have clan marks but she could manipulate electricity. It was hard for Diana to believe with an ability like hers she wasn't part of any clan her power was easily a match for someone with a mark. She had heard rumours of people hiding their clan marks but why would they do something like that?  

Stacy was a perfect example of being kind and strong at the same time, she had the opportunity to be adopted by one of the side branches of a clan but she refused by telling them " I don't want to be without Diana "  It was because if left Diana she would be all alone again and she considered her a part of a family.

But would Diana do the same? No 

  Diana that day felt an extreme amount of jealousy guilt and many more emotions at the same time. As for her Stacy's life was pretty sorted out she had   power and  people that look up to her 

And for Diana, her life was like a nightmare she would put on a  persona when with others. She sometimes truly hated the world the system the people but she wasn't strong enough to do anything. So she decided to cut herself off from, the system, the clans from the city, She never would be part of the conversation about clans. She wanted to be a person with power so she could change the world she hated. The world that was divided based on the marks didn't seem an idol world to her.

Life often was a  constant nightmare one that she cants runway or wakes up from and also doesn't have the energy to face the fact that the power to face any problem, any situation is within her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 17.9K 89
Genre- Drama Fantasy Historical Romance Slice of Life Author(s)- 静似骄阳 Associated Names- 穿书七零:我的炮灰丈夫十项全能 Eng Name- Transmigrating into a Novel: My Can...
125K 6.2K 42
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
379K 16K 120
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
890K 53.5K 55
Published on 4/5/20 In Neo's past life, he was a wicked person who sought to kill his little brother, the rightful heir of a Ducal House. His conspir...