V I R U L E N T n.romanoff

By Tellthemyourself

Avalina Bascrov knows one thing, she was born to kill. Taken at age four and trained in the red room ever sin... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight

Seven

144 7 0
By Tellthemyourself

A v a l i n a:

I wake up to the glass door sliding opening, though I keep my eyes closed, trying to figure out who is entering my cell.

"I know your awake Avalina."

At the sound of her voice a familiar hatred bubbles up within me. One that has been ingrained in my brain. I grit my teeth, open my eyes, and sit up to see Natalia staring at me, lazily pointing her gun at me.

"What," she gestures to the cuff I have on my wrist "you couldn't get that one off?"

I shrug.

"Are you going to kill me if I put my gun away?" She smirks.

"I don't do that before six in the morning," I deadpan.

"Right," she says and puts the gun back in its holster before making her way over to me.

She cuffs me again and gestures for me to stand up and follow her. Well, I'm not really following her because I'm walking in front of her and she's just telling me where to go. It really would be too easy to kill her right now, though I have a feeling any of the agents in the hallways wouldn't hesitate to shoot me if I did.

We arrive back into the same interrogation room from the day prior, and again I'm restrained before Natalia sits down in front of me. She places a folder down on the table, the folder Dreykov had given me, full of information about Natalia.

"We found this in you hotel room," she says calmly "who gave this to you?"

I inhale slowly "no one, I got all of that myself."

"No you didn't, there's no way you could get this information. There's stuff in here that even shield doesn't know."

I say nothing. Frankly from this she can probably figure it all out by herself. When I don't respond respond she continues.

"The only way you could get this information is from..." she pauses and I can almost see her putting the pieces together.

Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't figure it out way earlier. Though I guess when you're under the impression you blew someone up you like to pretend that their dead.

"The red room," she breathes.

"Congratulations, you figured it out," I smirk "two points for Romanova."

Internally I'm slightly panicked. She was never supposed to know it was still around.

"But how, I thought I-"

I interrupt her "blew up Dreykov. Well spoiler alert you didn't."

She just stares at me.

"His daughter on the other hand," I shrug "you did blow her up. Which really is a shame. She was so innocent. So no, you didn't blow up Dreykov, you did however kill so many other people. So many innocent people who did nothing to deserve it. But that's what you do I guess. Right? You kill people regardless of whether or not they're innocent or guilty. If someone gets in your way then they die. Your a traitor and a murderer and a monster and that's all. You can pretend to be 'good' but you will never be good. Just like I won't be. You've done too many terrible things, there's no undoing that. So keep playing secret agent, but we all know the truth. You'll never be more than the monster you were made to be."

When I finish my speech I lean back in the chair and smirk, watching the anger, the hurt, flash across Natalia's face. I seem to have hit a nerve which was my goal after all.

Without warning she pulls her gun out of her holster and has it aimed directly at my forehead.

I laugh manically "do it."

She turns off the safety.

"Do it. What's one more person right?" I egg her on.

There's a small flash in her eyes, her resolve is faltering. She really can't do it. She's weak.

"C'mon, pull the trigger. You want to, besides I have nothing to live for. I have no place in this world."

With that she lowers her gun.

"How are you the best they had?" I chuckle "You're so weak."

Before I can get a reaction out of her some pirate looking dude with an eye patch enters the room.

"Agent Romanoff, you need to leave," he orders.

"I'm fine, I have it under control," she protests.

"No, you don't, go."

Natalia leaves and the pirate guy sits down in front of me.

"So, your really from the red room?" He asks.

"Obviously," I sigh.

"Okay," pirate guy says.

I stare ahead at him. That's it. Just 'okay'.

"So I'm assuming you were sent to kill Natasha. Seeing as you've tried to that a couple times now."

Really the fact that he feels the need to ask these questions when the answers are obvious is annoying me.

"Yes, and frankly I don't know why you wouldn't want me to. She's no better than I am and I'm sitting, locked in an interrogation room. In fact she's killed more people than I have," I reply.

"How many people have you killed?"

A thin smile crosses my lips "seven thousand, four hundred, ninety three. Give or take."

"Okay."

Again his response slightly annoys me. 7493 is a fairly impressive number for a seventeen year old. It warrants more than an okay. But he doesn't give me more than the okay. Instead, he stands up to leave.

"We're done for the day," with that, I'm led back to my cell.
...

The Next Day

N a t a s h a:

"You are not going back in there," Fury orders.

"Look, I'm the best person to talk to her, I'm the only one that knows what it's like in there," I protest.

"After what happened yesterday? I don't think so."

"I can handle it okay, just let me do this."

He sighs "fine, but take Barton."

I nod and Clint follows me inside of the interrogation room. Clint leans against the wall while I sit in the chair across from Avalina.

"I wasn't sure if I would be seeing you again anytime soon," Avalina comments.

"You're not getting rid of me anytime soon I'm afraid," I say, leaning back in my chair.

"Disappointing," she shrugs.

"So, how long have you been in the red room for?" I ask wanting to get straight to the point.

"Since I was four, so thirteen years."

I'm surprised she answers my question at all.

"Any idea where it's located?"

"Nope," she shrugs.

"How about who works their, any names you can give us to trace?" I'm trying to get literally any piece of information I can.

"Definitely not."

"So you know nothing, nothing at all?"

"Nothing."

I sigh "you have two options at this point. Cooperate with us, or spend the rest of your life in a shield penitentiary where they'll have more drastic ways to get answers out of you."

"I'm not going to become a traitor like you," Avalina retorts.

"Okay well, someone will be down to your cell to process your transfer to one of our facilities later," I shrug "we're done here."

A u t h o r ' s   N o t e

I've literally had this written since the beginning of March and I just forgot to upload it. Oh well. Anyway thank you soooo much for all the reads on this story!!!!!!! I'm planning on rewriting this chapter later cuz I kinda don't like it lol but for now here it is.

Tik Tok and Instagram: TellThemYourself

Word count: 1257

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81K 3.1K 28
❝Zariah Petrova wasn't like the others.❞ ❝She was different.❞ Following the defection of Natasha Romanoff, the Red Room conspired a way to create a n...
66.1K 1.7K 58
When Captain America, Steve Rogers meets a woman who makes him question his morals, and sanity, how does he fight to restrain himself from throttling...
21.3K 471 11
Y/n L/n was known for one thing. Death. She was hard to catch, hard to see. At first, she was a science experiment, no no for hydra for a small mafia...
1.4K 47 27
JYD2641 had enough. In her seven years of living, she's only ever known the cruel hands of her doctors who were determined to make her the next Wint...