Exhale, Outer Banks [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ outer banks -- seasons 1-2 ] Cordelia Maybank Series: Exhale Nothing to Lose I DO NOT own Outer Banks, any... More

000. cast
001. SHIPWRECK
002. KEGGER
003. THE COMPASS
004. SQUARE GROUPERS
005. REDFIELD
007. GROCERY DELIVERIES
008. MOVIE NIGHT
009. AFTERMATH
010. MIDSUMMERS
011. TANNYHILL
012. OLD CRAIN HOUSE
013. RECONCILING DIFFERENCES
014. FINDING GOLD
015. STEALING FROM A DRUG DEALER
016. STUTTER MOUTH
017. JOINTS AND APOLOGIES
018. POSSIBLE FRIENDSHIP AND MORE APOLOGIES
019. LITTLE WEED NEVER HURT
020. WANTED
021. THE PHANTOM
022. THEY'RE GONE
023. GRIEF
024. UNKNOWN TEXT
025. THE PLAN
026. SEWER LIFE
027. LETTERS AND CAR TROUBLES
028. CHARLESTON
029. REUNION CUT SHORT
030. REVEALED SECRET
031. CAUGHT
032. STUPIDEST PLAN EVER
033. WRONG CAMERON
034. FREE MAN
035. GOODBYE KING OF THE KOOKS
036. BONFIRE
037. SHAGGY AND SCOOBY
038. THE FOOT OF THE ANGEL
039. PATERNAL COMPLICATIONS
040. THE CROSS
041. ROCKET UP HIS ASS
042. STUPID IDEA
043. ROUND THREE (OR SOMETHING)
044. STOWAWAYS
045. ESCAPE PLAN
046. POGUELANDIA
Book Two

006. DRONE STEALING

3.5K 53 11
By maybankwalker

The pogues are on the boat when JJ whistles.

"You guys see that?" The blonde asks, pointing to a boat that holds Topper and Sarah. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200K, easy."

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope says.

"Trust me, I know." Cordelia mumbles.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kie states.

"Well, maybe they're assholes, but it is a nice boat." Cordelia says, earning an eye roll from Kie.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Kie snarks as the two boats go by each other.

+++

"All right, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines." JJ says as John B pulls up to the hotel. JJ reaches into the glove compartment and pulls out the gun.

"Yo, come on, man. Just put it back." John B says.

"What?" JJ asks.

"JJ." John B says.

"You can never be too careful." JJ says.

"You mean too idiotic?" Cordelia asks.

"Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." Pope says.

"Thank you, Pope." John B says.

"I second that. So, if you don't put that thing back, I will use it to shoot you." Cordelia threatens, giving her brother a sweet smile.

"Then I'm going to throw that thing in the ocean, JJ." Kie adds. "Put it back."

John B grabs the gun from JJ, putting it back in the glove compartment.

"You can't grab a gun like that." JJ protests.

"Nobody got shot, leave it alone." Cordelia says.

"Can't forget my badge." JJ says, getting said object out before getting out of the Twinkie. "Professional busboy."

"More like professional dumbass." Cordelia rolls her eyes. JJ sticks his tongue out at her and she does the same to him.

"So, where are we going now?" Pope asks.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ says. "This way!"

They get in through the kitchen, JJ leading the way.

"Andrew! What's up, bro?" JJ nods at him. "Mama L, good to see you." He says, trying to grab some food off what she's working on.

"Hey, no, JJ!" She slaps his hand with the wooden spoon.

"See, they got the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat." JJ says. He leads the way until they're in a room full of computers, all rushing in, JJ shutting the door behind them.

"Sweet Lord, the internet!" Pope cheers, rushing to a computer. "I've missed you."

"Let me get in there. I gotta check out my Insta models." JJ says.

"Really? That's what you're worried about?" Cordelia asks.

"Oh, please. Like you don't wanna look up new serial killer updates or pictures of Timothee Chalamet or Sebastian Stan." JJ retorts. "At least my models aren't twice my age."

"They also don't know you exist." Cordelia argues.

"Just like you two guy crushes don't know about your existence." JJ replies. Cordelia mocks him making him mock her back and they continue to do so until Kie steps in front of them, pushing them a bit away from each other.

"We don't have time for any of those things. Now stop acting like three year olds." Kie demands.

Kie sits back down while the siblings stand next to each other, looking to the computer where Pope already pulled the coordinates on the map up.

"Boom, continental shelf right there." John B says.

"Well, if it's off the deep end, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it?" Pope asks.

"Shit, it's on the high side. It's only 900 feet." John B says after Pope zoomed in.

"That's not too deep." JJ says.

"Is that doable or something?" Kie asks.

"Yeah, totally doable." JJ confirms.

"It's actually very doable." Cordelia nods in agreement.

"Okay, will we be taking your personal submarine?" Pope sarcastically asks, earning a smack on the head from Cordelia.

"How do you two know this, Mr. and Miss Dive Masters?" John B asks.

"The salvage yard. They got a drone that can drop 1,000." JJ informs. "It has a 360 camera and everything."

"It's for, like, deep dives and stuff. It's exactly what we need." Cordelia says.

"And can your dad get his grimy little hands on that?" John B asks.

"Well, our dad's grimy little hands got his ass fired. I guess the salvage captain frowns on showing up shitfaced, turns out." JJ says.

"A lot of people frown on that." Cordelia says.

"Yeah, I know, Cordi." JJ lightly rolls his eyes. "But the drone's there. It's in the impound yard out back."

"How much did you say was on the Royal Merchant again?" Kie asks.

"Uh, 400 mill." John B and JJ answer. Pope gets up and rushes to the door.

"400 million dollars?" Kie asks, getting up. "Pope."

"No. Absolutely not. Absolutely not. No!" Pope blocks the door.

"Pope, move." Kie says, shoving him to the side and striding out.

"Guys, that's too-- can't we do anything legal for money?" Pope asks, everybody following Kie out.

+++

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it." John B says while he drives the Twinkie.

""Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality."" Pope quotes.

"Must be why Cordi still thinks she has a shot with somebody, like, ten years older than her." JJ comments, referring to Timothee Chalamet, not looking away from his joint. "Let alone, a dude born in the '80s."

Cordelia glares at him, kicking him in the shin.

"Wait, did you come up with that?" John B asks Pope.

"Albert Bernstein came up with that, but it applies to this whole treasure hunting thing." Pope says.

"Oh." John B mumbles.

"So, which is it?" Pope asks, facing the two in the front. "Fantasy or reality?"

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asks.

"It's fantasy, but possible reality." Kie says.

"Reality." John B says.

"Virtual reality." JJ says, about to light his joint up, but Pope grabs it from him.

"Keep the signal clear." Pope says, throwing the joint away with JJ glaring at him.

+++

The four watch as Kie talks to the security guard, waiting for the right moment to sneak in.

"How's it going with Kiara?" JJ asks.

"It's, uh, not awkward, weird, or anything." John B says making JJ snort.

"Yeah. Well, that's good. Honestly, I did not think you were gonna actually listen to me." JJ says.

"What?" John B whispers.

"I was one hundred percent sure she was into you, bro." JJ says. "Pope and Cordi would agree."

"Ehh..." Pope mumbles.

"All I care about is JJ has to do whatever I say for a week." Cordelia says, grinning at JJ who sighs.

"Yeah, whatever." JJ grumbles. "So, like, Kie, she like, definitely gave you the Heisman?"

"Oh, no question. Yup." John B nods.

"Gotcha." JJ says before humming.

"Maybe she's just into somebody else." Pope suggests making the other three look at him.

They look over, seeing Kie lead the security guy to her boat.

"Go, go, go, go!" JJ quietly ushers and the four run for the closing gate, making it through just in time.

They get to where the drone is kept and JJ attempts to unlock it, but the code he puts in doesn't work.

"Do you have the right numbers?" Pope asks.

"All right, so I might have the wrong numbers." JJ admits.

"Ah, damn it!" Pope groans.

"You got the wrong numbers?" Cordelia asks.

"Well, maybe they changed it or something. It doesn't have to be my fault." JJ argues. Cordelia doesn't reply, knowing he could be right.

They hear barking and a dog runs up to them.

"Shit." Cordelia mumbles, hiding behind the guys while JJ attempts to greet the dog.

"That's a cougar. Never mind." John B rushes away, hiding behind the building.

"No stay there! Good boy." JJ says, rushing off to the side. "You're okay!"

"Pope, let's go." Cordelia says, pulling on the boy's arm as he refuses to move. "What are you cemented to the ground? Let's run, you idiot."

Pope grabs a pipe with his free hand, swinging it in the direction of the dog.

"Back off! Back off! Back off!" Pope tells the dog.

"Hitting the dog isn't gonna help you." Cordelia hisses.

"I'm not trying to hit him." Pope says.

"You're swinging something at him. It isn't gonna calm him down!" Cordelia argues.

"I got a toy, boy!" They hear JJ say and the dog immediately turns to him. "Wait, no. I was just kidding. Shit!" JJ runs off with the dog chasing him.

"Okay, let's bolt before Cujo comes back." Cordelia says, dragging Pope with her.

"What about JJ and John B?" Pope asks.

"They'll be fine. They're smart... sometimes." Cordelia says.

"Yeah, exactly.  Sometimes." Pope says as Cordelia drags him through the salvage yard.

"Hey, all JB's gotta do is get the drone. JJ has to figure out a way to escape the dog. He gets caught, he can talk his way out." Cordelia assures.

"Or he digs himself into a deeper hole." Pope says.

"We know these people, he'll be fine." Cordelia promises.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 3.9K 60
"๐™€๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ช๐™œ๐™ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ข๐™š๐™จ" "๐™…๐™…-" "๐™‰๐™ค, ๐˜พ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™š, ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ข๐™š. ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š, ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ, ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™–๏ฟฝ...
38.9K 716 67
[ outer banks -- seasons 1-3 ] I DO NOT own Outer Banks, any of the show's characters or storylines. I ONLY own my OCs and their storylines.
292K 3.6K 25
''No pogue on pogue macking, I hate that rule" *i do not own anything besides ava and her story* creds to @Simp4StilesStilinsky story 'a pogues life'...
401K 4.7K 67
๐–จ๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐–ผ๐— ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—๐—๐—ˆ ๐—†๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ป๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—„๐–พ๐—‡ ๐–ฏ๐—ˆ๐—€๐—Ž๐–พ๐—Œ, ๐—๐—๐–บ๐— ๐–บ๐—‹๐–พ ๐—†๐–บ๐–ฝ๐—…๐—’ ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ ๐—๐—‚๐—๐— ๐–พ๐–บ๐–ผ๐— ๐—ˆ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—‰๐–พ...