Technoblade in Youjo Senki

Galing kay RandomNon3859

So people were asking for this one despite me having zero motivation for making this. Like my Techno in Tensu... Higit pa

Prologue - No Gods Here
Chapter 2 - Sociopathic Patriotism
Chapter 3 - Twin Silvers

Chapter 1 - Two Reincarnates, Two Orphans

1K 36 16
Galing kay RandomNon3859

In the orphanage, there wasn't much to do. I didn't act like a normal kid would. The nuns were often wary of me ever since I was little. After all, usual children learn about everything around them with excitement. They were used to people being bored or enthusiastic in their teachings, always wanting to play. They could read boredom in my face, but I was a special case. See, I wasn't exactly bored, just not paying attention. I'd often let Phil cover for me so I wouldn't get into trouble.

The problem lied in me not actually learning anything new. Jschlatt's ability to store knowledge by entering contact with a physical document and one visit to the library one time by asking one of the caretakers to let me touch all of the books, to which she complied likely thinking nothing of it, gave me all the knowledge I needed.

Still, I was the quiet kid that didn't interact with anyone and stood on the sidelines with nothing more than a hollow face to show. The nuns would often treat me worse for some "holy" reason. However, I was aware of everything in my surroundings. For example, the worries of the caretakers about the lack of food. I didn't need to eat being a god and all, but that would be odd to observe, so I did.

Regardless, their worries didn't stop there. I had been around for a very long time, and I have seen this chain of events many times before. A period of crisis, a rising discontent with the current government and riots happening left and right. Revolution was coming with war on its way, and this orphanage was a victim of the new era.

One day, when I was seven according to my vessel, a bunch of specialists came to our orphanage. They checked the children for magical aptitude, and eventually they got to me. I did my best to hide my power, yet I still proved to be one of the most powerful mages in the world by pure talent. I'll likely be drafted to war. If that's the case, then I might make it look like I want to. I mean, I'm no stranger to the wastelands of a battlefield. In fact, the smell of blood feels like home to me, so in a way it is convenient for me to volunteer. Who knows, I might get promotions and get a favorable placement in the world.

And so I enlist to the Imperial Army with the fake image of a patriotic, brave and selfless boy. From what I've heard, I am not the only child who has. Strange. Kids don't naturally gravitate toward the army, even if they're very patriotic. I'll see if at I can come across the young soldier, I thought at the time. I didn't have to wait for long though, since we met each other at the Military Training Camp.

Tanya Degurechaff. She, like me, is an oddball. She is very strict with orders, whether it's to obey or enforce them. Her sheer presence is more frightening than every single soldier in this camp combined. She is cunning and smart, always alert to everything she can learn and use. She is what could best be described as the ideal soldier. We didn't have any issues with each other since I just choose to follow orders and not raise my voice.

We were both nine years old when we graduated and were promoted to Warrant Officers. The two of us were put in command of the artillery firing squad before our first mission. We were sent to Norden for it.

____________________________________________________________

"Fairy 08 to Norden Control. Fairy 08 to Norden Control. Acknowledge."

"Fairy 09 to Norden Control. Fairy 09 to Norden Control. Acknowledge."

Dave and I were offering aerial support to the artillery and ground troops. As two mages who were the same age and theoretically similar level, we ended up together in an attempt to let us stay motivated through one another.

"Fairy 08, Fairy 09, this is Norden Control. We read you loud and clear. No problems tracking you."

Though this didn't matter for either of us. As far as I'm aware, both of us don't care about each other, even if we pretend to.

"Fairy 08, roger. We've reached the mission airspace. Reading you loud and clear."

"Fairy 09, roger. Reading you loud and clear."

Well, Dave seemed to care about me in some way. I hope he doesn't like me romantically, that could be troublesome for me. I gain a pawn willing to do my bidding, but I also get a potential thorn in my side.

"Norden Control, roger. Proceed with your assigned missions."

It annoyed me to hear my own voice and my near stuttering. This small body was a massive inconvenience, as the muscle memory I learned as a man failed to apply to the body of a little girl. I struggled to not stutter or bite my tongue with every word.

"Fairy 09, roger. The area is all clear. I repeat, the area is all clear."

"Norden Control, roger. There is an infantry battalion assigned to your observation area. Call sign Goliath 07. Barring new orders from airspace control, continue to perform your observation duties until the area is pacified. Out."

The Imperial Army is also something else for having no qualms after hearing a little girl speak. Though it's to be expected, and me and Dave are proof of it. If the Army is willing and unbothered by using children in their ranks, you'd figure they wouldn't shake at the childish voices.

"Fairy 08, Fairy 09, this is the Provisional Corps Artillery Battalion, call sign Goliath 07. How copy?"

"Goliath 07, this is Fairy 09. Reading you loud and clear."

"Goliath 07, this is Fairy 08. Reading you loud and clear. I've confirmed the enemy infantry advance. Sending data now. Acknowledge."

Dave wasn't much of a talker with others, so he relied on me for the command part, which was usually no problem since we are usually in sync when it comes to these things. I guess he's someone I care about. After all, having such an intelligent and powerful individual in my grasp is the best aide I could hope to have in combat. We're equal in power, but for the two of us I'm clearly the one who calls the shots.

"Goliath 07, roger... Base piece starting calibration fire."

Though he really is odd. I don't let my guard down around him. Some instinct tells me he's not to be trusted.

"Impact confirmed... Looks like a close hit. Looks to be within the allowable error margin of ten meters. Fire for effect."

"Goliath 07, roger. Commencing fire mission now."

He was strange in his own way. He never really stood out or looked like he made an attempt to care about doctrine in classes given by how he'd often sleep in theoretical ones, yet you'd also see him putting his heart out for the world to see every time we had practical lessons with unwavering courage. Like me, he also nailed every single test on his way, but he made it look like it wasn't worth his time. I think the majority of the troops in the Military Training Camp even disliked him for that. He feels somewhat like a child clinging to whatever fun he can get, but he also brings forth an aura of despair once he gets serious, one which even I have a hard time handling.

Another thing I noticed is how he wields weapons. I remember one time when we had training with several other weapons, even if we would only use our submachine guns nowadays. He seemed like a true genius at handling medieval-style weapons. I could see he took a liking to the old school way of war, even though he uses modern gear pretty well too. He is also exceptional in hand-to-hand combat. Add that with a great natural affinity for magic and you have a Jack of all trades in your hands. Though he can best be described as an Master of all trades. The year we spent together taught me that much.

All of these factors combined tell me he's not one to be meddled with. I say I'm using him, but he's likely just letting himself be used. Maybe I've been used all along by him. Not that I'd ask him that anyway. On the very tiny chance that he's unaware, he'd get all like "You only see me as a weapon?!" and that is a problem I have no intentions of dealing with.

"Fairy 08, Fairy 09, this is Goliath 07. Requesting firing results."

"Goliath 07, this is Fairy 08. Good effect on target. I repeat, good effect."

One thing he seems to somehow enjoy is the battlefield. I say enjoy, but it's more like "feel at ease". The way he lies around in these war zones makes me feel like he enjoys military conflicts. He doesn't strike me as a battle maniac though.

"Fairy 08 to Norden Control. Please respond."

"This is Norden Control. Loud and clear."

One of the character traits I need to analyze in further detail.

"Fairy 08, roger. Enemy currently under suppressive fire. I believe we've neutralized them. Enemy infantry is breaking ranks."

Anyway, the Entente Alliance army is in chaos after our little assault. Using any more shells would be a waste of ammo.

"Norden Control, roger. Advance to patrol line two and guide suppressive fire against the enemy's primary infantry."

"Fairy 08, roger. Will advance and continue observation mission."

As we advance to get sight on the remains of the Entente Alliance, I hear Dave ask me.

"Seriously, what are the Ententes doing? They could've just said they wanted to be target dummies for live ammunition exercises. If I knew this was going to happen, I'd have volunteered to go around killing everyone instead of being an observer."

I could agree to that much. The artillery was getting all the juiciest targets with escorts and air support. Even I'm jealous.

"Fairy 08 to Norden Control. We've advanced to the designated positions."

"Norden Control, roger. We see that. Relaying the situation to the artillery now. Continue to observe points of impact."

You'd almost expect a secret weapon, but they haven't revealed it yet despite suffering great losses against the Empire. The way things are going, we might just end up ignoring orders and going on a killing spree.

"Fairy 08, Fairy 09, roger. Remaining on artillery observation until ordered otherwise. Over."

Eh, who am I kidding. Both of us have way more self-control than that. Still, unless they send a bunch of mages after all the observers around the area, the battle is pretty much decided.

"Norden Control, roger."

1786 Words

A/N

I decided to read the LN for motivation to write this. I'm currently reading the LN as I write the fanfiction so I can stick to lore. If I do something that will largely change the canon, well shit. Hope you're enjoying it so far.

If you have more ideas for fanfictions, dump them in. I've been thinking of doing a work inspired by a Rimuru in MHA fanfic over on fanfiction.net which I really liked. If you know you know.

That's about it. See ya.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
146K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
564K 34.5K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
226K 9.2K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...