Fallen Moon

By KibaBlackfire

For years vampires and werewolves waged war on one another. At last the blood war is near its end. Currently... More

Prelude: Brink Of Destruction
Chapter 01: First Moon (Part I)
Chapter 01: First Moon (Part II)
Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part I)
Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part II)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part I)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part II)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part III)
Chapter 04: Lord Grimm
Chapter 05: Dreadful News
Chapter 06: Conversion
Chapter 07: Entrapment (Part 01)
Chapter 07: Entrapment (Part 02)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 01)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 02)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 03)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 01)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 02)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 03)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 04)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 01)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 02)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 03)
Chapter 11: Unmerciful Punishment (Part 01)
Chapter 11: Unmerciful Punishment (Part 02)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A New Heir (Part 01)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A New Heir (Part 02)
Chapter 12: Rise of A New Heir (Part 03)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A Heir (Part 04)
Chapter 13: Bound (Part 02)
Chapter 14: Hell
Chapter 15: Understanding
Chapter 16: More Than A Prince
Chapter 17: Premonition
Chapter 18: Ziek's Tale
Chapter 19: Fate's Tale
Chapter 20: Selene's Tale
Chapter 21: Raine's Tale
Chapter 22: Jay's Tale
Chapter 23: Answers
Chapter 24: Temptation (Part 01)
Chapter 24: Temptation (Part 02)
Chapter 25: Know Thy Enemy
Chapter 26: Shields
Chapter 27: NightShade
Chapter 28: Alexis' Tale
Chapter 29: Claire's Tale
Chapter 30: Matching Scars
Chapter 31: A Wolf's Tears
Chapter 32: Sacrifice
Chapter 33: Fate's Tale (Part 02)
Chapter 34: Jayden's Tale
Chapter 35: Blaire's Tale
Chapter 36: Scythe's Tale
Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 01)
Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 02)
Chapter 37: Worlds Collide(Part 03)
Chapter 38: Forsaken
Chapter 39: Rescue Mission
Chapter 40: Loyalty
Chapter 41: Newfound Freedom
Chapter 42: Change Of Plans
Chapter 43: Darkside

Chapter 13: Bound (Part 01)

10 0 0
By KibaBlackfire

The sun began to rise over the Nightshade Campsite. In the end, Raven decided to trust Jay's advice. Last night when she returned to Lycan's cabin. She agreed to marry him. At first he must have thought it was another one of her schemes to kill him. However, after her last attempt failed. She assured him. This wasn't another one of her schemes. She was merely admitting defeat and accepting his hand in marriage. Soon after, Lycan left to make the arrangements and while he was gone. Raven took out her werewolf handbook and began reading through it.

Curiosity had set in, she wanted to know Jay's reason for advising her to marry Lycan. There had to be more to it. Otherwise, Jay wouldn't have had to tell her while Alejandro wasn't around. He risked getting in trouble to give her this advice. His reason had to lie somewhere in the pages of the Werewolf Handbook. She was sure of it. Raven spent all night reading through the handbook. This time she took in all the information. She got about halfway and it was right then Jay's reason became known to her.

In the werewolf handbook, it states that in the event a werewolf should decide to marry another. The way the higher ranked individual treats his or her spouse serves as a representation of themselves.

Lycan is the Prince of all werewolves. He's their future King. As such, it falls on him to set the example for not one but all Werewolves. This is the role entrusted to him by his father Lord Grimm. As his wife, every act he does whether it be to hurt, harm, or disrespect her. Now falls back on him and tarnishes his role as the noble Prince.

Raven knew Lycan well enough to know. He cares more about his role as Prince than anything. He wants to impress his father. He'd give up anything to make his father proud. He would even go as far as to marry a woman he doesn't even love. It was all for the sake of pleasing his father. That's all this marriage ever was. That's why Raven hated the idea so much. She was just his trophy and by marrying him. She knew that's all she'd ever be.

Even this rule serves as proof. He can't hurt or harm her. Of course not, he wouldn't want any scratches on his trophy. He has to respect her. Of course, she's a prize that he's won. If he doesn't respect it, who will? Still, at least as his trophy she had worth.

Raven could use this position to do good and make changes. She owed Nightshade that. This pack has suffered under Lycan's care but as his wife. She can fix that, she just had to play her cards right. Luckily, she knew just the right cards to play. She could also use this newfound knowledge as an opportunity to turn the tides on Lycan. Now, It's his turn to suffer.

"Jay," Raven grinned, "You really are a genius." She closed the book. The door to the Cabin opened. "Lycan, you're back." She put a bookmark in her new favorite book, the werewolf handbook. The key to Lycan's demise.

"The preparations for our wedding are complete." Lycan let out a loud yawn. "I was up all night preparing them. This time, you better show up." He shut the door behind him and walked over to the bed.

"Oh, trust me, I'll be there," Raven set the book down. His eyes were quick to read the cover. Once he did, she could tell he knew what she was planning. The best part about him knowing is that there was nothing he could do to stop her.

"You read it," Lycan's canine teased his lip. "Keep in mind dearest, we aren't married yet so those rules don't apply." He let out a yawn. "Also keep in mind, those rules work both ways. So, you can't disrespect me either."

"I'm aware but see," Raven's eyes lingered on her engagement ring. Her silver halo of protection. "I don't need to, I just need to make sure that you're kept in check," She grinned. "So dearest, I was thinking, I should move in with you."

"That's to be expected," Lycan rubbed his eyes. "I can't have my wife sleeping in a tent away from me. She's much too good for a tent and it would only reflect poorly on me. We can't have that. We must appear as what humans would like to call "The happy couple." That means the same bed and same dwelling." He sat on the bed. "Now move over, like I said before, I was up all night making preparations. I need to get some sleep."

"Same bed, huh," Raven hitched a light chuckle. "See, that's not going to work for me. A woman like me needs her space. So I was thinking, two separate beds spaced far away from each other. Like one on one side of the room, probably like a Queen size for me. Then we'll have one way outside the cabin in the middle of the forest. A twin size for you." Lycan laughed. "So, does that work for you? I know," She spoke with her voice filled with excitement. "We'll call it the dog house."

"Cute," Lycan smirked. "She has a sense of humor. If anyone is sleeping outside it's you. This is my cabin." He pointed out. "Though," He laid back on the bed. "I'm not exactly accustomed to sharing a bed with anyone. Not unless I have to. Besides," He laid his head on his pillow. "I wouldn't want to be bothered by a raven and her feathers." He turned his back to her. "That is unless," He quickly turned over. "She gives me a good reason." His lips formed a lustful smirk.

"How can I put this nicely?" Raven's canine teased her lip. "Let's see," She crossed her arms. "Got it," She smirked. "If you so much as try to have sex with me. I assure you," She grinned. "I'll give you a blowjob, you'll never forget." She bared her sharp canines at him. Lycan turned over his back facing her. "That's what I thought." She got out of bed.

"I'll start moving you in after the wedding." Lycan wrapped up in the blankets. "For now, I'm getting some rest." Raven flashed a wicked smirk. He thinks she's just going to let him sleep peacefully. After what he's done to her and all the hell he put her through. No, it's time to get even. Raven wasn't about to give him any slack.

"Actually," Raven started stretching her arms. "I was thinking I should move in now." He yawned. "Yeah, I think I should," She nodded to herself. "I'm wide awake." She did a couple of push ups to get her blood flowing. "Come on," She jumped to her feet. "I could use your help." She smacked his shoulder. "I need your muscles." He groaned, reaching for a pillow to cover his head. "No," She grabbed the pillow from him. "This is not the time for sleeping, I'm going to be your wife. That means if I need you to help me. You've got to take care of it."

"Like I said, you're not my wife yet." Lycan stole the pillow from her and rested his head on it. "Now, be a good girl and leave me be. I need to get some sleep. We're getting married this afternoon. I don't want to be cranky at our wedding." He covered his head with a pillow to block out sunlight. "Do me a favor, shut the curtains."

"See I would but," Raven let out a sigh. "I just don't feel like helping you. I mean, you're not helping me." She put her hands on her hips. "You know what, it's okay, you can just lay there and get some rest. By all means, let me do all the heavy lifting." She started to leave but stopped leaving the door wide open. The bright light of the sun shone on Lycan's bed. He groaned trying to block it out by covering his face with the blankets.

"I'll just let the pack know," Raven glanced over at him. "My future husband was just too lazy to help me move." She took a deep breath. "Here I thought, you were supposed to set an example for them. Oh well," She shrugged. "I'm going to go now and do all the heavy lifting by myself without the help of my husband. Man," She shook her head. "Just wait till I tell everyone at the wedding about this. I'm sure this is going to reflect poorly on you but oh well, not my problem." She went to step outside.

"Fine," Lycan yelled. "I'll help you evil little-," He got out of bed. "Fifteen minutes, you can't even spare me fifteen minutes of sleep. Most people require six to eight hours of sleep. I'm lucky if I get half that. It's not like I have a pack to run, orders to fulfill, preparations to make, but fine, you want me to help you move." He snarled. "You got it, dearest." He stormed out slamming the door behind him.

"Oh yes, this is going to be fun." Raven flashed a wicked grin. She opened the window. "Oh and sweetie," She called out. "I was thinking about going shopping later. I figure since we're about to wed. You wouldn't mind buying me some new clothes."

"What's wrong with the clothes you have?" Lycan turned to face her. Raven was quick to shut the window and come outside to handle Lycan. He thought the conversation was over. It was far from over. She was going to make his life a living hell. Courtesy of the werewolf handbook. A book that was once used against her had now become her secret weapon.

"Here we go," Jay sat in a blue bean bag eating out of a big bag of potato chips. "This is going to be good." He reached into the bag, tossing a chip into his mouth. Lycan snarled at him. "What?" He shrugged.

"You're right," Raven agreed. "There's nothing wrong with the clothes I have," Lycan nodded and walked away. "However," She placed her hand on his shoulder in order to stop him. "If we're going to marry then that would make me a princess, correct? Your father is the king which makes you a prince. Which makes me your wife, a-,"

"Princess, correct." Lycan finished. "Though right now, the word bitch comes to mind." He retorted. "I'm in the middle of moving your stuff. Can you please just shut up and let me do what I need to do?" He started to go into her tent, Raven blocked his path.

"Well see if I'm going to be a Princess." Raven put her hands on her hips. "Don't you think I should look the part?" She asked. "The clothes I have don't exactly read as Princess. So I need new clothes." She pointed out.

"I'm done with this conversation." Lycan tried to walk past her.

"Yeah but see," Raven grabbed his arm, stopping him. "I'm nowhere near done with this conversation." Lycan let out a deep sigh. "I would think that my husband would want me to look nice and play the part." Lycan bit his lip in frustration. "Well, that's what you want right?" She could feel his frustration building. She was enjoying every minute of it too. "It'll make me happy, don't you want that?"

"Raven," Lycan snarled. "Enough, you're starting to piss me off." He tightened his hand into a fist. "I already told you the rules aren't in effect yet. There's nothing stopping me from-," Raven laughed.

"Actually," Raven smiled. "There is, There's me," She pointed at herself. "I wonder what everyone will think when I tell them that my so-called husband hits me. Even better, I'll have the bruises to prove it. For argument sake," She walked up to him. "Let's say you were to decide to kill me." She brought her lips to his ear. "You were foolish enough to plant your seed inside me. If you kill me,''she whispered. "It could affect any chances of me bearing your child. You wanted that from the very beginning, correct? So tell me," She paused. "Is it everything you ever dreamed of?" Lycan growled. "Oh, I bet it is," She slowly moved her lips away from his ear.

"You bit-," Lycan's nose started to crinkle. "I'll-, I'll-," He let out a loud scream. He slashed a tree with his claws leaving a huge gash.

"What's going on?" Jayson rubbed his eyes. "Why is Lycan screaming?" He let out a loud yawn. "Is something wrong?" He stumbled out of his tent hopping into his pants. "Oh," He shrugged. "Leader Lycan and Raven are fighting again."

"Yeah and this time," Jay chuckled. "Raven's got him by the balls." He tossed another potato chip into his mouth. "She found the loophole and it's killing him." He laughed harder. "This is great, so great, I'm so glad, I set my alarm for this."

"This is going to be good." Jayson sat next to him. "Give me some of those chips." He reached into the bag taking a handful of chips. "Aw man," He groaned. "Looks like the fun is over," Alejandro came out of his tent letting out a yawn. "Guess, we'd better go." He started to get up but Jay stopped him.

"Chill bro, I got this," Jay walked up to Alejandro. "Before you get upset. Raven figured out the loop hole for herself. I had nothing to do with it." He held up his hands in surrender. "I might have given her a hint but it was her choice to follow it. Dad," He frowned. "Please don't kill me, I was only trying to help." Alejandro grinned and patted Jay on the head. He went back into his tent going back to bed. "That went well," He returned to his bean bag chair. "Now we just sit back and relax."

"So, I'll say it again." Raven fixed her hair. "I want new clothes." She crossed her arms. "You could either buy them for me or we'll just keep having this discussion until you do it. The choice is yours." She shrugged. "We both know I'm pretty stubborn and I could argue with you all night. It doesn't bother me. We might even miss the wedding."

"Alright fine," Lycan replied in a defeated tone. "New clothes it is," He reached into his back pocket taking out his leather wallet. He took out a debit card and held it out to her. "If I do this," He moved the debit card before she grabbed it. "You have to agree to stay off my back and let me get my rest."

"Fine," Raven agreed. She reached for the card. He moved it away again. "Lycan, I agreed to your terms." She glared into his eyes. "Give me the damn card." She held out her hand. He was starting to get on her nerves.

"Be sure to," Lycan grinned. "Buy a wedding dress while you're out." He handed her the card. "Now if you don't mind, I have to move all of your things into my cabin. Then, I have to make closet space for all your clothes. That should be fun." He spoke, his voice was filled with sarcasm. "I may not have a closet anymore by the time you get done shopping."

"You know me so well," Raven kissed his cheek. "Oh and," She paused. "I figured while I was out. I could buy the rest of the pack some stuff. You know, as a reward for all their hard work." She waved at Jay and Jayson. They exchanged glances at each other, the two of them were in complete shock. It was like they knew this request was going to piss Lycan off to no end. "You don't mind right?"

"Raven, my funds aren't for them to spend." Lycan argued. "If they want to be rewarded for their hard work then a simple good job will suffice." He crossed his arms. He glared at the twins. "Right?"

"Yeah, Raven," Jay stood up. "You don't have to buy us anything."

"Though ugh," Jayson rubbed the back of his neck. "I could always use more pants. See being a werewolf. We tend to-," Jay nudged him hard in the stomach. "Ou, Come on, she was offering and I do need more jeans."

"Yeah me too but you don't see me asking for it." Jay replied in an annoyed tone. "Seriously Raven," He forced a smile. "You don't need to buy us anything. We're good, we do what we do because we, well," He rubbed the back of his neck. "We have personal reasons and besides if we need anything. Al, will take care of us. That's what dads are for."

"Jeans got it," Raven nodded. "What size and fit?" They didn't answer. "Guys, I'm buying you clothes. So either you can tell me the information I need or I can just guess. Either way, it's happening." Jayson ran to his tent. He came back with a piece of paper and a pen. He wrote down his pants size and his brothers.

"There, that should do it." Jayson handed her the paper. "I don't care if Leader Lycan beats us up over this. Free pants are free pants. I'm not turning that down. Oh and," He took the paper from her and wrote down their underwear size. "If you feel generous, we run out of underwear a lot. Sometimes they get lost in the woods. You know we go wolf and we've got to take them off or sometimes they just tear cause we don't have time to take them off. Same deal with the pants, so, if you feel like it. " He handed her back the paper. "You have the information, thanks Raven." He hugged her.

"No problem so pants and underwear got it." Raven glanced over at Alejandro's tent. "Know what, go ahead and write Alejandro's info down. I bet he could use some more pants and underwear too." She handed them the paper. They glanced over at each other, it was clear neither of them knew that information. "Well, he is your dad, so I guess it'd be weird if you knew his underwear size." She walked over to Alejandro's tent. It was strange to her that her footsteps were enough to wake him and bring him to the entrance.

Alejandro let out a loud yawn and rubbed his eyes. He stood there staring at her. He crossed his arms as if he was waiting for her to talk. Raven took out the paper and handed it to him. "I need your underwear and pants size," He raised his brow. "I'm going shopping. Do you want clothes or not?" He glanced over at Lycan like he was confused. "Look, don't worry about Lycan, do you want me to buy you clothes? I'm offering."

"Brother," Lycan scolded. "Don't you dare write on that paper. You know she's doing this out of spite." He shrugged and wrote down his sizes. Raven was surprised he did. She really thought Lycan's remark was going to stop him. "I hate all of you." He stormed off going to his cabin.

"Well," Raven stuffed the paper in her pocket. "I'm off to do some shopping." She left the Nightshade Campsite. She headed toward town with Lycan's debit card in hand. She was going to go on one hell of a shopping trip. The best part is there was nothing Lycan could do to stop her either. Payback's a bitch.

The town in itself was quite a sight to behold. Especially during the day, it was one of the things Raven enjoyed most about being Omega. She was the only member of Nightshade that was allowed to see the town during the day.

The cobblestone stone streets were always filled with people. Each of them so full of life, living oblivious to the war going on around them. Not knowing about the existence of Vampires or Werewolves. They were just living their lives, walking the streets, window shopping, she always found sights like this refreshing to see. Her life had changed drastically over the war. Sometimes, it was hard for her to believe that once upon a time. She too, lived oblivious. One of the things she admired most about the town was the peaceful aura that surrounded it. Just knowing, while she was here. She was safe.

The town center had a directory sign and underneath it was a small bed of flowers. Each one was of a different color. They complemented each other nicely. Raven stood there taking in the relaxing scent. She looked up at the sign as it pointed out the direction of the many different districts in town.

Shopping District was written on an arrow pointing to the West. Residential area was written on an arrow pointing to the East. The Mayor's Residence was written on the arrow pointing to the North. She grabbed one of the many pamphlets that were stocked in a pocket connected to the directory sign. The pamphlet displayed a detailed map of the entire town. She skimmed through it while heading to the shopping district. The map layout was quite easy to read, the town had schools, hospitals, and it even had a library.

"This town," Raven eyes kept reading over the pamphlet. "It would be ideal for Angel and I to start a family here. We'd be free of war, we could put everything behind us and just live here. If only it were that simple," She tossed the pamphlet in the trash. This town was designed as a way to protect humans. Vampires and Werewolves had no place here. They were just visitors coming to get supplies and going. Nothing more.

While Raven was window shopping. She took notice of a store that sold all sorts of gothic clothing. They had dresses, jewelry, anything her black heart needed to stay sane. She went in and started buying dresses. She didn't even bother to look at the price tags. By the time she got to the sales clerk. Everyone was staring at her like she was insane. "I want all these on this," She placed Lycan's credit card down. "Wait, do you guys sell men's clothes too?"

"Yeah it's just right over-," Before the cashier could finish. Raven went over and grabbed eight pairs of jeans for Alejandro, Jay, and Jayson. She grabbed as many boxers as she could carry and added them to her pile of dresses. "Mam, is this all?"

"No wait," Raven grabbed a spiked bracelet and added it to her pile. "For my sister, I'm going to slowly but surely turn her over to the dark side." She slid Lycan's credit card over to him. "Don't worry it's all there and yes, I'd like a receipt." She smiled as the cashier scanned her items.

Once he was finished, Raven had three huge shopping bags filled with clothes. She stuffed the receipt in one of the bags and went to another clothing store to buy Claire some stuff. She got her three new outfits and a dress. "Okay clothes are bought, let's see," Raven's eyes wandered the shopping district. What else could she spend Lycan's money on? -Got it!- Raven snapped her fingers.

"Gifts," Raven walked into a bookstore. She bought Jay a couple of educational books to help hone his strategies. Not like he needed it but still. Just in case, she spotted the movie section surprised they even had one. She bought him a couple of movies from there. She bought Jayson a book on romance as a way to educate him on the minds of women. He desperately needed that. She bought Claire some books as well. "Last but not least, Alejandro."

The second Raven spoke his name. It was as if her mind went blank. She had no idea what to buy him. The guy doesn't talk or show emotion. Alejandro was one of those guys she just couldn't read. He's most likely a maybe guy, where the response to anything is maybe. Maybe, he likes books, maybe, he likes movies. Maybe he likes food. If so, what type of food, books, movies, hell, she didn't know.

"If I could just get one sentence from him." Raven groaned. "Just one, maybe, I could buy him something." She figured the last place she'd find his gift is at a bookstore. This was going to require some thinking. She bought the gifts and started looking around for Alejandro's gift. "There's got to be something. Something, damn it, something." She took notice of a pet store that resided in the corner. "Hell, I'm just going to wing it." She walked into the pet store and bought him three dog bones. "Now for the wedding dress,"

The moment Raven turned the corner to the bridal shop. Her navy blue eyes got a glimpse of a woman with long stylish red hair that reached her mid back. She had pale brown eyes, she wore a red long sleeve shirt and distressed jeans with heeled boots. The woman was quite pretty, she had a rather nice physique. Though, judging by her pale skin she wasn't of the human kind. Obviously, a vampire. There was another woman walking beside her carrying shopping bags. This one, Raven recognized. She was the one her brother warned her about. What was her name again?

"Selene," The woman with red hair spoke. Raven stayed behind the corner using her keen sense of hearing to listen in on their conversation. "Before we go and get this dress, I need to talk to you." She stood outside the bridal shop.

"Is this about Angel?" Selene ran her fingers through her sunflower blonde hair. "What's he done this time?" She crossed her arms. "He seems to be doing a good job. Your father has taken quite a liking to him which is a first considering your other suitors."

"Yeah, well, I don't like it." The woman glared at Selene. "I can't believe he let Angel sit next to him. He made me sit elsewhere. I'm his daughter, the future queen to this throne if anybody should be sitting next to him, it's me." She pointed at herself. "You should have seen the way my father looked at him. He's giving Angel the throne."

"What," Raven couldn't believe it. Angel, Her Angel, Lord Alexander is considering giving him the throne. If he becomes King of the Vampires. Then, what does that mean for their relationship? He couldn't be with her and be King. The Vampire's would never accept a union between one of their kind and a werewolf. Still, Angel, a king, that's huge. He'd be foolish not to take it. It's the answer to all his problems.

"Blaire,"

"Wait, that woman is-," Raven's eyes burned with rage. She could feel her claws emerging, her canines growing. To think she was standing so close to the woman who. The woman who forced Angel to kill his own family. The woman who dared to sexually assault him and torture him. She had no right to be with Angel. Let alone live after everything she's put her beloved Angel through. Every ounce of her being wanted to rip Blaire to shreds for all that she's done. She could feel her wolf form emerging.

"Calm, Calm, remain Calm, don't kill her. She's not worth-," Raven began to see flashes of Angel sleeping with Blaire. He was only doing it to protect their relationship and keep their secret safe. Still, the thought of him fucking her filled her mind with so much anger. "Deep breaths, can't kill her, can't kill her, if I do she'll know about our secret. I have to remain calm." She took a huge deep breath and the wolf form settled. She continued to listen in on Blaire and Selene's conversation.

"I'm telling you Blaire," Selene crossed her arms. "This is all in your head. Your father promised you the throne. He's not going to take it away from you. It's your birthright." She pointed out. "I'm sure he's just trying to bond with your future husband. That doesn't mean he's giving him the throne, besides. What would Angel do with an entire kingdom?" She laughed. "He may be able to pull off commanding a team of elites but an entire castle. He's good but he's not that good." She added. "Only you know how to do that, now." She opened the door to the bridal shop. "Can we go inside and get this dress?"

"Fine," Blaire walked into the store. Raven carefully walked inside keeping a safe distance away from them. "I'm telling you Selene, right before the Lunar Ball. My father and Scythe were in the throne room talking. I wasn't allowed inside. So, something is going on." She grabbed a dress off the rack. "They had to be discussing the throne, he's giving it to Angel. I just know it,''she added. "My father values Scythe's opinion. If he so much as mentions Angel's name and the throne in the same sentence. He'll consider it long before he considers me, his own daughter. This is an outrage." She yelled. "I will not lose my throne to Angel."

"Let's say for argument's sake," Selene began browsing through the dresses. "Your father is giving Angel the throne. How exactly do you intend to stop him? He has your father's support so he's not going to just kill him. He'll need a good reason for off-ing our future king."

"Well then," Blaire's lips formed a slight smirk. "I'll just have to give him one won't I?" She took a dress off the rack holding it to her chest. "As flawless as Angel might seem. He's not perfect. He's screwed up somewhere." She added. "I just have to find the flaw and tell my father about it. Then, stretch the truth a little and-," She ran her finger across her neck. "Angel's dead and the throne is mine."

"Let's say he hasn't," Selene asked. "Would you go as far as to kill him yourself?" Blaire flashed her a wicked smile. "I don't even know why I asked that." She laughed. "Of course you would. You'd probably enjoy it too."

"What can I say," Blaire threw her hands up. "His pain is my pleasure." She walked over to the counter. "I'm here to pick up my dress." The clerk nodded and went to the back. He came back with an elegant wedding dress. The dress appeared as if it were covered by red rose petals. As much as Raven hated Blaire. She had to admire her taste. "Let's go, I don't want to be late for my own wedding."

"If only," Selene rolled her eyes. "Do we really have to share your wedding with the likes of them?" She complained. "It's bad enough, we have to tolerate them for that stupid ball thing. Who cares if Lycan is your cousin. He's still one of them." Selene and Blaire walked out of the bridal shop.

"Wait, Lycan is sharing our wedding day with Blaire." It wasn't that Raven was against the idea. She could understand why Lord Grimm and Lord Alexander would agree to share. It allows them to both be present for the wedding. It also negates the need for separate dates and with the weddings out of the way. The momentary pause in the war would finally be put to an end. Something Lord Grimm and Lycan were both looking forward to.

Once the war started up again. This time, Raven was sure. A winner would be decided. Neither side had a lot of pieces left. This was it, the end of the war. Still, it hurt to know the last time she'd see Angel's face. He would be standing there at the altar marrying another woman. Just the thought was enough to break her heart into tiny little pieces. Pieces so small, she'd never be able to pick them up. To see Angel kiss another woman in front of her, binding his life with hers bearing witness to it. She wasn't sure, she was strong enough to handle that.

"This isn't a wedding," Raven took a deep breath. "It's a funeral," She grabbed a black wedding dress off the rack and left.

"I'm back," Raven returned to the Nightshade Campsite. The moment she arrived. She caught a glimpse of a new werewolf. She had red hair that reminded her of flames. She was dressed in a black tank top, distressed blue jeans and wore red converse shoes. The new wolf was glaring deep into Claire's eyes. She was half expecting a fight to break out.

"This can't be happening," Claire walked up to her sister. "We have a new Omega." She glanced over at the new wolf. "I can't believe this. They expect me," She pointed at herself. "to work with that," She pointed over to the new wolf. "She is so annoying. I can't stand her." She took a deep breath. "It's okay, I'll get over it. I just need time."

"Okay, so," Raven set her shopping bags down. "I take it you two have met already." She joked. "But um," Her navy blue eyes wandered the campsite. Her tent. It was nowhere to be found. It was replaced by a red orange one. "Where's my tent? I need to sleep somewhere." She pointed out. "Let me guess,"

"Lycan got rid of it," Claire finished. "He told Alejandro to remove it from the Campsite. You guys will be sharing the Cabin." Raven forgot she made Lycan move her in. Though, she thought she'd still have her tent. It presented a nice place to get away from him. Now, she's stuck with the royal pain in the ass.

"That's great," Raven replied, her voice filled with sarcasm. "I just hope he buys me my own bed. On a brighter note," She smiled. "I brought gifts," She handed Claire the shopping bag of clothes. Claire opened the bag.

"I'm impressed," Claire chuckled. "You bought me clothes that I would actually wear." She continued going through the clothes. Raven reached into her book store bag and handed Claire her present. "No way, you got me some more books." She set the bag aside and took the books from her. "I've read the ones I have over a dozen times. It's time for a switch." She began reading through the back of them.

"Well, I'm not much of a reader, so," Raven shrugged. "I just kinda skimmed through the books I thought were interesting. " Claire put her books in the bag with her clothes. "I hope you like them."

"Are you kidding?" Claire laughed. "I'll love them." She hugged her. "I'm usually really picky on the books I read, So, the fact that somebody else picked them. Helps," She shrugged. "I'm going to put my new things away and after," She smiled. "I'm going to help you get into your wedding dress and we're going to discuss the Lycan situation."

"It's not really a situation anymore." Raven replied. "Still, there are things we need to discuss in private regarding a different situation." Claire raised her brow. "The situation that involves a certain someone that can not be named."

"Wait, you aren't talking about," Claire put her hand up to shield her lips. Her lips moved to mime Angel's name. Raven quickly nodded. "Really, well in that case," She crossed her arms. " I'm all ears, I'm going to put my things away and we are going to talk all about it."

"Raven's back," The twins ran up to her. Raven handed Jayson and Jay their bag of clothes. Both of them started going through the clothes. Their cheeks reddened a bit. They must have noticed how expensive the jeans were.

"This is," Jayson forced a swallow. "Probably the nicest gift anyone has ever given me." He hugged her. "We've never had nice clothes before, I don't even know if I'm allowed to wear them." He gasped as took out a piece of underwear. "They have designs on them, they aren't plain, I didn't even know they sold underwear like this." He smiled. "On behalf of my balls, I thank you." Raven busted out laughing.

"I've never heard that before." Raven commended. "But um, definitely an interesting choice of words." She reached into her bookstore bag. "I also figured since you know nothing of women. I'd educate you a bit. So, I got you these." She handed him a couple of romance novels. "It'd be nice to see you with a girlfriend."

"Books, really," Jayson raised his brow. "You got me books." He threw the book back into his bag. "It's like you don't know me at all. And for the record," He pointed at her. "I don't want a girlfriend. I like being single. I mean," He smirked. "Why settle for one chick when you can have them all, am I right? That's what being a bad boy is all about." He walked into his tent to put his gifts away.

"He says that but I'm sure he'll end up getting married anyway." Jay joked. "He's not very smart." He added. "He's going to need a smart wife. Otherwise, he's so screwed." She couldn't help but agree there. It's not hard to outsmart Jayson. His brains go out of the window once you insult him. Raven knows this because. That's how she beat him in the sparring match they had before she became a member of Nightshade.

"Anyway," Jay hugged her. "Thank you so much for the clothes. We really needed these." His eyes shot open once he saw the price tag on one pair of jeans. "Holy-," He put the jeans away. "You didn't have to spend so much."

"I didn't buy them," Raven shrugged. "Lycan did." She reminded him. "It's just my way of saying thanks for helping me out. I read the werewolf handbook and it turns out your advice was a game changer. I can't thank you enough for that. Oh and," She reached into her bookstore bag and handed him some strategy books and some movies. "I wasn't sure about the books, so, I got you some movies to watch."

"Thanks, the books, though, ugh," Jay rubbed the back of his neck. "I've already read them." He tucked the books into the bag. "I've been forming strategies since I was four years old." He chuckled. "Come to think of it," He crossed his arms. "The strategy on how to kill the vampire who murdered my parents. It's written in crayon."

"Crayon, really?" Raven laughed. "I would ask to see it but," She let out a sigh. "I'm pretty sure it's classified information." She added. "Crayon, though, that's impressive I can't lie."

"I wrote it with a blue crayon." Jay smiled. "I was a very productive kid." He laughed. "Anyway, um, thanks for the-," Before he could finish his sentence. Their new Omega ran over to her. It was like she was throwing herself into the conversation. The moment she arrived, Jay let out an annoyed sigh.

"Hi, I'm Alexis," She grabbed Raven's hand, shaking it. "The newest addition to Nightshade. You must be Lycan's fiancee." She glanced over to Jay almost like she was trying to remind him of that. Jay threw hands up and shook his head in annoyance. "Raven, correct? I've heard so much about you."

"Really, because," Raven forced an awkward smile. "I've heard nothing about you." She faked a laugh. "Anyway ugh," She backed up. " It's nice of you to join us, though," She laughed. "My sister Claire doesn't seem too fond of you."

"The feeling is mutual," Alexis smirked. "You see, normally my ability would rank me as a Medic like her. But," She shrugged. "I had to take a demotion because somebody has to keep an eye on Jay." She walked over Jay petting him like he was some dog. "It would be irresponsible of me to leave him alone with distractions."

"Distractions," Jay removed her hand from his hair. "You mean girls." He added in an annoyed tone. "Like I said before there's nothing going on between Claire and me. She's not my girlfriend and neither are you. So," He rubbed his forehead. "Why are you-." Alexis' eyes shot him a vicious death glare. "Forget I asked, I'll just be in my tent putting up my clothes. That's if it's okay with my new babysitter."

"Boys," Alexis sighed. "They only have their mind on one thing." She put her hands on her hips. "Good thing I'm here to look after him." She waved at Jay as he went into his tent. He rolled his eyes and went inside. "He'll thank me later."

"Riiight," Raven faked a laugh. "Look not that it's any of my business but," She crossed her arms. "I wouldn't be worried about Jay. He seems more together than his brother. Now if it were Jayson, I'd worry a lot."

"Yeah, well," Alexis put her hands in her pockets. "You'd be right it is none of your business." She barked. "I'm just doing what Jay's parents wanted for him. They tried to set us up in an arranged marriage. They died before it became official. Still, they were worried Jay was going to end up alone. I'm just trying to remedy the situation." She smiled. "The way I see it, Jay is spoken for and he'll come around. He just needs time,"

"Does Jay know about any of this?" Raven questioned.

"He does, he's always known about it. It's just ever since that Claire girl came along. He's been against it." Alexis scoffed. "I don't know what he sees in her nor do I care. The point is before Claire showed up. He was willing to go through with the arranged marriage idea. Now because of her, the whole idea is ruined." She rolled her eyes. "It's stupid, he shouldn't be chasing her. He deserves better, he deserves me." She growled. "Just do me a favor, tell your sister to stay the hell away from Jay."

"Okaaay," Raven watched as Alexis went to her tent. She had no idea why she'd even ask that of her. Claire hardly listens to her. Besides, Jay has a right to choose his mate. No, arranged marriage was going to change that. "I've got Claire, Jay, Jayson, that just leaves." Curiosity began to set in or was it excitement? Raven was eager to know if she picked out the right gift for Alejandro. Wait, what if he finds her gift insulting? Well, she was going to die one day anyway. It wouldn't come as a surprise. If she was done in by the hands of their fearless Beta.

Raven approached Lycan's cabin. Alejandro was standing at the door guarding the entrance. His arms crossed with the same blank look on his face. She hoped her gift would at least put a smile on that emotionless face of his.

"I'm back," Raven smiled at him. He raised his brow at her. "I got your clothes," She pulled out the clothes. He grabbed the clothes from her and nodded. She figured that was his way of saying thank you. "I also got you a gift." He tilted his head. "Yeah, you heard right, I bought you a gift." She cleared her throat. "Now, I wasn't sure what to get you cause well," He bared his venomous canines at her. In seconds, her hands started to shake. Fear set in, she was immediately reminded of the reason why they were told to stay away from him. All it took was one bite from his razor sharp canines and she'd die slowly. "Know what," She backed up. "I'm just going to set these down and let you look at it." She set the shopping bags down and backed up further.

Alejandro took each step toward the bag slowly. The patio shook with each step, Raven gulped as he got closer. He slowly bent down and grabbed the bag. He opened the bag. Once he saw what was inside, he raised his brow. He took a second look then looked at her again. He checked a third time just to be sure. Raven's immediate thought, I'm going to die, he's going to kill me. This is it, this is how she's going to die.

"I know it's offensive, I'm sorry, I just thought." Raven backed up further. "I don't know. I just thought maybe you'd like it. Come on, don't kill me, I'm just trying to be nice. I didn't know what else to get you." Alejandro took out the three dog bones that she bought for him. His lips formed a huge grin. "Oh no, I'm going to Di-," He disappeared into the forest within a matter of seconds. "I get to live," She took a deep breath. "I didn't die, I did good, oh thank god." She took another deep breath. "Crisis averted."

"What did you do?" Jay ran over to her. "What was in that bag?" He pointed at the shopping bag. "Raven, what did you buy him?" He stared deep into her eyes. She raised her brow. Why was he so worried about this? It was just three dog bones. "Tell me, you didn't do what I think you just did."

"Oh shit, no," Jayson ran over to them. "Tell me, she didn't." He glanced over at Jay. "Tell me, that I did not smell what I thought I smelt here at this campsite." He gestured. "Because, I thought I smelled meat on a bone, like a dog bone. Which would be bad. Very bad." He stressed. "I mean surely, Raven isn't that stupid."

"Well ugh," Jay blushed, "I kinda smelled it too. So," He shrugged. "Either she brought dog bones here or my sense of smell is off. Which we both know, that can't be true. So, Raven," He turned to face her. "Did you give, Alejandro, a dog bone?

"Well, I didn't give him one bone, I gave him three," Raven answered. The two werewolf twins gasped and looked over at each other. Jay immediately began pacing back and forth stressing out over the dog bones. "Is something wrong?" Jayson held up three fingers at her like this somehow confused him. "Yes, I gave him three."

"I need to sit down," Jayson walked over to the grass. "Three, she gave him three. Not one, not two, but three." He sat down. "Three, she gave him three," He repeated. "She's trying to kill us." He took deep breaths. "What are we going to do about this?"

"Like I know, one is hard enough." Jay argued. "We're so screwed. We're never going to get those dog bones out of our forest." He kept pacing back and forth. "I give up, I say we just leave 'em, let him have them because I don't have a strategy for this." He rested his back against a tree. "I got nothing, like nothing. There's nothing we can do to fix this."

"What are you guys talking about?" Claire walked up to the twins. "Jay, what's going on?" She glanced over at him. "Maybe I can help." She offered.

"Well, your sister," Jay motioned toward her. Claire shifted her gaze to Raven. She shrugged in response. "Decided it'd be okay to plant three very dangerous and highly explosive mines in our forest." He crossed his arms. "Way to go Raven," He added his voice filled with sarcasm. "You single handedly killed us all."

"Mines," Claire raised her brow. "Okay first off, I'm pretty sure those aren't sold in stores. Second, my sister wouldn't be dumb enough to bring them here. She may not be as smart as me but we got to give her some credit."

"Yes thank you," Raven pointed at her sister. "Also, I didn't buy any mines." She argued. "I just bought three harmless dog bones like you'd give a pet."

"Harmless, she says," Jayson laughed. "It's like you don't know Alejandro at all."

"Then explain," Raven crossed her arms. Her navy blue eyes turned their attention to Jay. "Tell me exactly where I went wrong?"

"Okay well, for starters," Jay began. "Alejandro isn't like the rest of us. He's more in touch with his wolf side than we are. It's almost like he's a wolf trapped in a person's body. Wolves are often compared to dogs. So, if you give a dog a bone what do they do with it?"

"Chew on it," Claire guessed.

"Bury it," Raven added.

"Right, well, that's exactly what Alejandro is doing. Except," Jay rubbed the back of his neck. "He's not going to chew on it. He's just going to bury it. If he chews on it, his venomous fangs will dissolve the bone and he won't actually enjoy it. Otherwise," He put his hands in his pockets. "I'm sure he would do that as well."

"Okay so he buries it, big deal." Raven shrugged. "I fail to see how that makes it a land mine."

"Of course you don't," Jayson let out a deep sigh. "Why do you think dogs hide their dog bones?" He asked. "So other dogs won't get it in this case," He paused. "We're the other dogs." He yelled, motioning to himself. "This also includes anyone else that sets foot near that bone or bones." He smiled. "Since you were nice enough to give him three of them."

"If anyone tries to dig up those bones." Jay added. "Alejandro won't care if it's a friend or a foe. He'll defend them with his life. Rest assured, He will show us no mercy." He rubbed his forehead. "So yes, Raven, you just planted landmines in our forest. Three of them, it's going to be hell trying to get them out."

"I don't buy any of this," Claire chuckled. "You expect me to believe that Alejandro will attack us over a dog bone." She crossed her arms. "That's stupid, he wouldn't do that and I'll prove it."

"Claire, no, please, don't." Jay grabbed her arm. "If you try to dig up those bones, he'll kill you."

"I doubt it," Claire jerked her arm free. "Raven, I'll be right back." She started walking toward the forest.

"Claire, I'm begging you not to do this." Jay walked beside her. "This isn't a joke. Alejandro isn't like us." He got in her way. "Don't do it, just take my word for it please. I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I won't get hurt." Claire walked past him. Raven couldn't help it. She too was starting to become curious. She had to know. Would Alejandro actually attack them over a dog bone? She walked into the forest with her sister.

"I'm in, I want to see this shit." Raven kept walking beside her sister. "Alejandro is not going to beat us up over a dog bone. I call bullshit."

"Fine," Jay let out a deep sigh. "You want to piss him off, go for it." He moved aside. "Good news is he might not kill you since it would upset Lycan. But still," He shrugged. "It'll prove my point. Have fun getting your asses kicked."

"Um," Jayson touched Jay's shoulder. "We should help them," He offered and Jay turned to face him. "I know what you're thinking." He reasoned. "This is a bad idea and chances of us getting our ass kicked is high but still," He let out a sigh. "We can't pass up this opportunity, it's four on one. Surely we can at least get one dog bone removed from our forest. Maybe more, if we play it smart."

"Okay fine, besides, I can't let Alejandro hurt Claire." Jay agreed. "I'll go with Claire and Raven. The three of us will go tackle one dog bone. You go in and try to sneak another. He can't stop all of us. Hopefully," He let out a deep sigh. "Claire, Raven, wait for me. You'll need my help." They stopped and he caught up to them.

"I thought you wanted no part in this," Claire glanced over at Jay. "What changed your mind?" She asked. "Are you going to admit that you lied and Alejandro isn't going to beat us up over a dog bone?"

"No, I wasn't lying." Jay replied. "Just remember you two," He pointed at both of them. "asked for this." He added. "Now let's try not to get killed. Stay close to me." Claire and Raven nodded. He walked ahead using his keen senses to track his father. It bugged Raven that he was taking something like retrieving a dog bone from the forest so seriously. What if he's not wrong? No, he has to be.

"There's no way, I mean, it's a dog bone, it's not like-," Raven felt the ground underneath her break. She fell into a deep hole filled with mud. "He set traps," She kept trying to get the mud out of her claws. Her clothes were ruined by his trap. "Are you serious?" She kept trying to get the mud out of her long hair. This is cruel, she was supposed to be getting ready for her wedding in a couple of hours. "Alejandro, you sneaky bastard." She tried to climb out of the mud pit but it was so slippery she kept falling in. "Oh, I'm going to kill him for this. He messed up my clothes, my hair, this is going to take forever to clean. Somebody get me out of this pit."

"I've got you." Claire reached her hand out for Raven to grab. She grabbed it and Claire pulled her out the huge mud pit. "Look on the bright side," Raven glared at her. "At least it's mud and not spikes, he could have killed you."

"Yeah, because I like being covered in mud." Raven yelled. "There is no bright side to this. Look at me," She gestured. "I'm getting married soon, and I'm covered in mud. This is not how a bride should look right before the wedding even if Lycan is the groom. This is unacceptable. He's getting it. I'm going to whoop his ass for this." She stormed off. "Setting traps in the forest over a damn bone, what the-,"

"Wait," Jay placed his arm in front of her. He lightly placed his right foot on the ground in front of her.. The ground collapsed revealing a second mud pit. "See you almost triggered a second trap. So maybe, you know, since I'm the tracker." He pointed at himself. "This is sort of my expertise. It might be a good idea to let me lead the way. You know, so you don't trigger any more traps."

"Yeah, let's listen to Jay." Raven got behind him. "I don't want to fall into any more mud pits. I think one is enough." Claire nodded and got behind Jay. She was grabbing onto Jay's arm using him as some kind of human shield for the traps. "Great idea, Claire," She took a hold of Jay's other arm. "Jay can be our human shield," She smirked. "That's how we survive this."

"Gee, thanks," Jay rolled his eyes. "Never saw myself as a human shield till now." They pushed him in front of them. The two of them stayed behind Jay as he led them through the forest of traps. "Look when Al shows up, I'm running. I'm not going to be your human shield."

"Quiet, shield." Raven yelled. "You will protect us." She picked up a stick. It was the perfect stick for giving Jay an ass whooping. "Or there will be friendly fire, I'll spank you with a stick. Do you hear me, I'll whip your ass Jay with a stick."

"Yeah, what she said." Claire agreed. They heard a loud scream coming from the far ends of the forest. The screaming was getting closer by the second. "Guys, do you hear that?" Jay gulped and took a few steps back. "Oh no you don't," She grabbed Jay and held him in place. "You're the shield, remember?"

"I'm not the shield," Jay yelled.

"Yes you are," Raven held up the stick. He took the stick from her and broke it in half. "You dare break the stick of your princess." She pointed a sharp finger at him. "That was my ass whooping stick." Jayson burst out of the trees in between them. She jumped back, being startled by his sudden appearance. "Jayson, what the fuck?" She placed her hand on her chest.

"He saw through the plan," Jayson took off running. He was running so fast. Raven lost sight of him. It was there up in the trees, a large shadow was chasing after Jayson. In seconds, she heard a loud scream from Jayson. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." She rushed over to check. Alejandro had pounced on top of Jayson like a mountain lion. He tackled Jayson into the mud pit and was beating him up. "No, No, stop, okay, ou, ou, ou, I'm sorry I tried to dig up your dog bone." He climbed up trying to escape. Before he could, Alejandro grabbed his foot and pulled him back in. "It was an accident." She watched as Jayson's claws scraped the edge of the mud pit. "Get him off me," He screamed. "He's going to kill me."

"What have I done?" Raven backed up. She jumped as Alejandro climbed out of the mud pit. He had Jayson draped on his shoulder carrying him like he was nothing but a light feather. He sniffed the air and threw Jayson back in the mud pit. "Alejandro, where are you-," She chased after him. "Oh my-," She covered her mouth.

Claire was just about to dig up one of Alejandro's bones. Before she could. Alejandro landed on all fours right in front of her. He bared his venomous canines and rose to his feet. He now towered over Claire. He took one step forward and Claire backed up slowly. He let out a loud howl that scared off all the birds. Claire started to run from him but. He grabbed her by her jacket before she could even get a decent head start.

"Oh, hell no," Claire took off her jacket and took off running from him. He held up her jacket as it remained in his hand. He let it go and turned around. Raven's hand was touching his dog bone. She thought Claire would be a good distraction. Turns out, she was wrong. He walked toward her as she held his dog bone in her hand.

"Now, Al, I'm just going to take this back now." Raven started to slowly walk circles around him. "No need to-," He growled and bared his venomous canines at her. She screamed and took off running with his dog bone. "Shield, Shield, Shield." She repeated over and over again searching for Jay. Alejandro was right behind her and gaining.

"I got ya," Jayson broke into a sprint. He was covered in bruises from getting beat up but he was back in the fight. He jumped and tackled Alejandro, forcing him back slightly. "Raven, keep running and get rid of that dog bone." She took off running, she stopped when she saw Jayson flying through the air. He hit the ground in front of her. "Ou, he threw me." He kept trying to get up. "Just keep running Raven." He rose to his feet limping over to Alejandro. "Let's go, dad, you want some of this. Come and get it."

"I don't think you should provoke him." Raven advised.

"Just go," Jayson yelled. She nodded and took off running. Before she could, Alejandro jumped off a huge tree and landed in between them. The weight of his body crashed to the ground making a huge crater. The force alone was enough to send her tumbling across the ground. It was also enough to make her drop the dog bone. It now rested right next to Alejandro's feet. He picked it up and smirked at Jayson.

"Damn it," Jayson bit his lip. "We were so close, I'm getting that bone. Jay, where are you at?" He asked. "I'm going to need you for this." He called out. A loud whistle was heard coming from the trees above. "There you are," He smirked.

Raven watched as Jay jumped down from a tree. In his hand he was holding a second dog bone. That bastard, he ditched them and went to retrieve a dog bone by himself. "Hey, you were supposed to be my shield." She scolded.

"Yeah and," Jay tossed the dog bone in the air. "You and Jayson were my distraction." He caught the dog bone in mid air. "Looking for this," He waved the dog bone at Alejandro. His eyes followed it. "I know you want it back, so if you want it. You're going to have to catch me first. Jayson now," He called out as he ran.

Alejandro went to chase Jay. Jayson grabbed Alejandro's pants and pulled them down as he was running causing him to fall down. He grabbed the bone from him while Alejandro was trying to pull his pants up.

"Raven, catch," Jayson threw the dog bone to her. She caught the dog bone and took off running. While she was running she noticed a second dog bone in the air. She bolted and used a baseball slide to catch the second dog bone while it was still in the air.

"Take care of that for me," Jay saluted her and took off in fast spring. He was heading directly for Alejandro. She nodded and headed back to camp. She'd leave the Twins to deal with their father. Surely, the two of them could take him.

"Look out, bro, comin' in hot," Jay jumped into the air. He did a front flip and landed on Alejandro's shoulder. He wrapped his legs around the Beta's neck and bent his body back using his legs to throw him. Alejandro grabbed Jay and lifted him up in the air. "No, this is not what was supposed to happen." He threw Jay onto the ground back first. He grabbed his lower back, crawling away. "That hurt, that one, hurt. Jayson, a little help."

"You got it," Jayson kept trying to punch Alejandro. He dodged every punch and caught his arm. He flung him into a tree, he tried to charge at him. Alejandro kicked him in the face knocking him off his feet. Jay climbed up and Alejandro's back and trapped him in a tight headlock. "That's right, hold him just like that." Jayson got on his feet and held up his fists. "Let's do this," He kept punching the Beta while he was trying to get Jay off him. "We're going to beat you today, old man."

"Yeah, you're going to lose," Jay squeezed tighter on Alejandro's neck. He let out a loud scream as Alejandro forced his back to collide into a tree. He unhooked Jay's hands and grabbed a handful of his hair. "Bro, he's got me," He flipped Jay off him and which caused Jay to do a front flip and land back first on the ground. "Ou," He rolled over and tried to get back on his feet. "I can still fight."

Jayson tried to punch Alejandro once more. Before he could, he was struck with a powerful right hook that made his head spin. He fell to the floor landing right on top of his brother. The weight of his body crushed Jay, preventing him from getting back on his feet.

"Hey, guys, I dealt with the-," Raven stopped mid sentence. She couldn't believe it, Alejandro took down both of the twins. The fearless Beta was now sitting on Jayson's lower back in order to keep both of his boys pinned down. This way, they wouldn't try for a rematch. "Looks like I found your weakness." She motioned to the twins. "They were the perfect distraction," She crossed her arms. He shrugged in response.

"Get your fat ass off me," Jayson yelled.

"Yeah well," Jay's head popped out underneath his brother's stomach. "Why don't you try being on the bottom of this dog pile? It's wonderful." He rolled his eyes. "Seriously, Al, get up, I'm being crushed." Alejandro held his hand out to her. He wanted his dog bones back, she already got rid of them. He growled at her.

"Damn, you're good." Raven walked off to retrieve the dog bones from Claire's tent. She hid them there as a way to get back at her sister for ditching everyone. She was hoping Alejandro would end up finding them and scare Claire again. Unfortunately, she had to give them back. She walked up to Alejandro. "There," She handed him back the dog bones. "Now don't beat me up." He got off the twins and left to hide his dog bones. Once he got off them, both of the twins glared at her.

"What?" Raven shrugged. "He held you guys hostage with his butt. Besides, he beat both of you. What am I supposed to do? I'm one werewolf, I can't beat an "Alejandro" So I gave him land mines."

"Yeah, you did." Jay crossed his arms. "Now our hard work is wasted." He let out a deep sigh and sat in the grass. "Oh well," He shrugged, "We tried, that's all that matters."

"The good news is," Jayson dusted himself off. "We got a trap in the forest we all know works. I mean," He shrugged. " We might as well face it. We're never getting those bones out of this forest. But at least, we can smell them." He pointed out. "So we know where they're at. Vampires, don't. This might work in our favor."

"This is true," Jay rubbed his chin. "I do like this idea." He rose to his feet. "Screw it, let's leave em, Alejandro won't attack us if we avoid them." He dusted himself off. "Besides, I'm in no mood to fight him over it."

"So," Raven half smiled. "I didn't fuck up."

"No, you fucked up but in a good way." Jayson added.

"What is going on here?" Lycan walked out from behind the trees. He was dressed in a black suit jacket with a grey undershirt. He had on black dress pants and dress shoes. His hands were adjusting his solid black tie. Alejandro came back after hiding his dog bones once more. The twins gathered standing front and center. "That's better," He smiled. "Now, go get ready for the wedding. Before I get upset."

"Right, sorry," Jay forced a laugh. "I'll just ugh-," He walked away. Jayson shrugged and followed behind him. Alejandro followed the twins in order to help them to get ready for the wedding.

"Now, Raven," Lycan turned to face her. "Why are you covered in mud? We wed in less than an hour."

"I ugh," Raven rubbed the back of her neck. "Fell in a mud pit." He rolled his eyes. "I'm not an expert but isn't it bad luck to see the bride before the wedding." She crossed her arms. "Let me guess, you don't believe in that sort of thing."

"Well I did, but then," Lycan shrugged. "The last time I tried to marry you. You left me standing there at the altar." He walked up to her. "So now." He ran his finger through her hair. "I'm going to make sure that you're going to be there. Even if," He brought his lips to her ear. "I have to drag you there myself. I will not be made a fool of again." He smirked. "Now go get cleaned up, Claire's at the cabin waiting to help you get ready for our wedding."

"Right, I best not keep her waiting then." Raven went to the stream to clean the mud off her skin and to get it out of her hair. Once she was finished, she returned to the Nightshade campsite so Claire could help her get ready. When she got there, Claire was wearing the blue and black dress she bought her. "Sorry I'm late and you ditched us." She scolded. "You took off and left me to deal with Alejandro by myself."

"I got scared and decided to run," Claire admitted. "Anyway, we don't have a lot of time before the wedding starts so," She took out the black wedding dress that Raven bought for herself. The dress was made of fine black silk, the back had a black silk bow tied from around the waist. Just above the bust area was a lace outline of ravens that covered her arms stopping just before reaching her knuckles. "Wow, it's amazing," Claire ran her fingers along fine silk. "It's just I remember you telling me. Back when we were younger and fantasizing about weddings. You told me, you would never wear a black wedding dress."

"Well, since I became a werewolf," Raven explained. "I've been doing a lot of things I said I would never do." She promised herself she'd be loyal to her husband. Yet, she's marrying Lycan even though she's in love with Angel. She promised herself, she'd only marry for love yet here she is marrying Lycan just to be protected. She'd said she'd never be anyone's trophy but she's Lycan's trophy. She hardly felt like herself anymore. "It's a nice dress though, right?" She added if only to change the subject.

"Of course," Claire agreed. "It's perfect but isn't black more for funerals?" Claire's navy blue eyes shifted over to her sister. She remembers, Raven told her sister that's why she wouldn't wear a black wedding dress. Her reason, it reminded her of funerals. "I'm not stupid," Claire walked over to her. "I know you don't want to marry him. I may not know what Jay told you or what advice he gave you. Either way," She let out a deep sigh. "I'm sure, if there was a way out of this. He would have thought of it. I just-," She shrugged. "Wish there was another way."

"I tried everything and we saw where that got me." Raven took off her shirt. "I'm out of options," She removed her jeans. "I just have to accept that there's no escaping it and make the most of it." She took the dress off the hanger and handed it to her sister. "For Angel's sake," She forced a smile.

"Okay," Claire began helping Raven get into her wedding dress. "I fail to see how any of this is for Angel's sake," She pointed out. "He's watching the woman he-, I shouldn't even be saying it. You know how he feels." That's true, deep down, Raven has always known how Angel feels about her. He never needed to say it, she just knew. "I just couldn't imagine standing there watching the person I love marry someone else." She began straightening out the dress. "That sounds like torture. Especially when that person you're marrying is someone like Lycan. It would kill me to go through something like that."

"It won't be easy but I'll manage." Raven half smiled. "I have to, I'm going to be married to Lycan forever. So, I might as well accept it." Claire took a step back, her eyes widened as she stood there in disbelief.

"Hold on," Claire held her hand out to stop her. "This is temporary," She stressed. "You're only married to him until we figure something out with Angel." She added. "I thought that was the plan or did that change?" She asked. "Don't you dare tell me, you're giving up." Claire glared into her eyes. "I thought you wanted to be with Angel. I thought you loved him. You can't just throw him aside after we agreed to-," She took a deep breath. "What's going on? Why'd the plan change?" She put her hands on her hips. "You owe me an explanation."

"Well," Raven turned to face her. "While I was in town, I overheard Blaire talking to another vampire. She thinks Lord Alexander, her father, is going to give the throne to Angel. If that's true then," She let out a deep sigh. "He should take it. I thought a lot about this and I've decided. If me marrying Lycan means Angel becoming King. Then, I'd be more than happy to make that sacrifice for him."

"So, that's it," Claire shook her head. "You're not even going to discuss it with him?" Raven has already decided this is what is best for Angel. If he took the throne, he would be a great king admired by all. Blaire would no longer be able to hurt him. All he had to do was let her go, she couldn't compare to a throne anyway. It's everything he could ever dream of, he'd be a fool to turn it down.

"I don't need to, this is what's best." Raven answered. "The sad part is, I know Angel is a fool and he won't see it that way. So, I'm going to have to talk him into it. Either way he needs to take his place on the throne as King."

"Don't you think he needs to weigh in on this?" Claire argued. "You're talking about throwing your relationship with him away just so he can be King. I think he should be allowed to say something about this."

"What's there to say?" Raven laughed. "He'll be King, he'll have power, he'll have respect, he'll have Lord Alexander's support. He'll be set. All he has to do is let me go, it's that simple. It's an obvious choice, I can't give him that and Blaire can. So, he needs to take the throne."

"All of that stuff sounds great," Claire admitted. "Yeah, power is good, respect is good, admiration that's good. But," She let out a deep sigh. "You're leaving out the part where he has to lead a war that's driven to kill all werewolves including you. That won't go away just because he's king. The vampires won't allow it, Lord Grimm won't allow it, Lycan won't allow it and neither will Blaire. Both sides have lost too much to throw the war away now."

"I'm aware," Raven fixed her hair. "I'll be happy to die if it means he'll get everything he's ever wanted. He let me go so I could have a chance to follow my dream. Now it's my turn to do the same for him." She adjusted her dress. "I have no problem pretending to be the happy wife Lycan wants me to be. If it means, Angel will get everything he's ever dreamed of and more. I can do that for him and I will do that for him." She pulled out her make-up kit. "My mind is made up, I'm marrying Lycan so Angel can be King."

"Right well," Claire chuckled. "I missed the part where Angel had a say in any of this." She clenched her hand into a fist. "I can't believe you're doing this." She let out a defeated sigh. "I mean, this guy, even though I hate vampires. I've got to admit, he cares a lot about you. He's willing to throw his life away for you. He will even give up the throne for you if you let him. He cares for you that much and you're just going to let him go like he's nothing. For what," She threw hands up in the air. "So he can be King. Something, you're not even sure he wants." She shook her head. "I don't understand why would you throw someone who cares for you that much away?"

"Because," Raven argued. "For once in my life," She took out her mascara. "It's not about what's best for me. This is my chance to do what's best for him." She explained. "Even if it's not what he wants, it's what he needs to do." She outlined her eyes and put the mascara away. "He'll be a great King, I'm sure of it. I just-," Claire grabbed black nail polish and started painting Raven's nails. "I just need to convince him. I'm the only person that can."

"Alright, fine," Claire continued painting her nails. "You want to convince him that's fine. I'll figure something out. I'll create a distraction or something so you can talk to him." She let out a deep sigh. "I'm your sister, first and foremost, so whatever decision you make." She closed the cap on the nail polish, setting it aside. "I'll support it," She opened Raven's drawer taking out her hair brush. "Even the ones," She began brushing her sister's hair. "You're making for him."

"Thank you," Raven forced a smile. Claire set the hair brush aside and rose to her feet.

"Well, you look pretty," Claire half smiled. "Anyway, I'd better go, Alejandro should be escorting you to the wedding. He is Lycan's best man after all." She walked to the door and started to leave but stopped herself.

"I can't do this," Claire pressed her forehead against the door. "I'm trying to be supportive and pretend I'm okay with this but I'm not." She turned to face Raven. "You may hate me for saying this, but," She walked over to her sister. "I'm to the point now where I don't really care anymore. I'm so tired of sitting here and just pretending to be okay with all of this." She raised her voice. "Lycan doesn't deserve you. The man doesn't even love you. Not to mention you're compromising who you are just to be with him. And," She shook her head. "You just expect me to be okay with it,"

"It's not your decision," Raven argued.

"Well guess what, it's not Angel's either," Claire countered. "No, he didn't choose anything. How could he? Before he even has a say, you've made that choice for him. He has to be okay with losing you. He has to be okay with leading the army that's intentions are to kill you. Just like, I have to be okay with you marrying the man that raped you." She opened the door. "Well, I'm not, and I'm pretty damn sure, he isn't either. But, what does it matter," She shrugged. "You've already made that decision for us." She slammed the door behind her.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345 98 56
They say all is fair in love and war. I've seen both and have yet to see anything fair. Join Wren as she battles for acceptance and her place in the...
113K 1K 24
Formally: I'm a Vampire he's a Werewolf and yes were twins. Years ago there was a mysterious murder. A young girl surrounded by animals all drained o...
5.6K 92 17
Raven was the Beta of her cousin's pack. Best friend to the Luna. That was until she found out who her mate was. In their world werewolves don't age...