Here We Go Again...

By CreativeGirl006

"Dad, there are a few things that a teenage girl is supposed to hide from her parents. It's a rule. Read the... More

Coming Soon...
Cast
Sneak-Peek
Chapter 1: Nothing French or Fried
Chapter 2: School's 'Bad Boy'
Chapter 3: My Boyfriend
Chapter 4: Just A Spy
Chapter 5: Greasy, Unhealthy Goodness
Chapter 6: As Cool As The Sun
Chapter 7: Liv's Magic
Chapter 8: If She Called Me a Chipmunk
Chapter 9: Officially Cray-Cray
Chapter 10: Read The Rule Book
Chapter 12: Candy Shopping
Chapter 13: So Original
Chapter 14: Test Subject 1709
Chapter 15: That's The Name

Chapter 11: Uncrackable Walnuts

0 1 0
By CreativeGirl006

"Hey, Liv!" I heard Ryan's voice from behind me. I looked around before looking at him.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked.

"You're Liv, aren't you?" He replied.

Oh... Yeah...

Why am I so stupid?!

"Well, I am not talking to you." I smiled at him before slamming my locker closed with a loud bang.

I started walking away without a second glance at him but he caught me by my wrist making me want to strangle him.

Now, you might be wondering, what's wrong with this super sweet girl?

Well, this girl has been trying to talk to one of her old friends for the past two days while he ignores her like she doesn't even exist!

This was like freshman year all over!

The only difference was that Ryan was just as desperate to talk to me as I was to talk to Hunter.

Who would have thought...

"I just wanted to ask you if you want to come to the party at Kaylee's house this Friday." Ryan followed after me.

Yeah! Like the first high school party I ever attended wasn't bad enough...

"I think I'll pass." I grunted. "Hard pass." I grumbled under my breath.

I just need to focus on trying to get Hunter to stop ignoring me...

"It might be fun, you know. We can hang out... You, me and Kaylee... Just like old times." Ryan remarked.

I immediately stopped walking before turning to face him with a blank expression.

"The old times included Hunter too." I reminded him. "Are you inviting him too?" I questioned.

I crossed my arms as I waited for him to reply. He sighed loudly before smiling at me. He placed a hand on my shoulder and leaned a little closer.

Okay... This is awkward...

"Liv, you really should stay away from him. He's not a good person." Ryan told me.

Oh my goodness!

That's really rich coming from the guy who asked my best friend to spy on me!

Stupid idiot!

He really should know that he's in no place to talk...

I can't believe that I was going to ask this dumb head out just a few days ago!

Silly me!

"Ryan, you should really stay away from me. You're not a good person." I replied in the same tone with a fake-smile on my face.

I shrugged his hand off, turning around. But before I could walk away, I saw Hunter standing nearby and made eye-contact with him.

Should I go and try to talk to him again?

I am really tired of getting ignored by him. I mean, I thought that annoying him would get him to talk but let me tell you, he's a hard nut to crack...

Even harder than those uncrackable walnuts...

And besides, I don't like walnuts...

Liv, you're going off topic now...

Oh yeah!

I have been running after him for two days. I tried to approach him during the lunch break but he started hiding from me. I tried approaching him between classes, but he just pretended that I wasn't there.

And I don't know what else I can do now.

I just wanted to help him...

And maybe get my old friend back in the process...

But it hurts...

It hurts when he ignores me. And I thought that it wouldn't hurt as bad since I have gone through this kind of thing before but it still hurts the same.

Maybe I should just stop bothering him...

It looks like he's happy being alone...

What are you thinking about, stupid girl?! No one is happy when they're alone!

But he is happy being away from me...

I thought you were a weird tough cookie... You're just as soft and mushy as any other cookie...

I am no cookie! I am a freaking gummy bear!

And gummy bears don't give up!

"Liv, can we just talk? You haven't really talked to me since that incident in the parking lot." Ryan's voice brought me back to reality.

I ignored Ryan as I walked up to Hunter.

I can't give up so easily...

"Do you want to hang out this Friday? We could go for late night burgers at Papa Joe's." I smiled at Hunter.

Gosh! It feels like I am asking him out on a date!

Gross!

I need to get that thought out of my mind!

"Liv!" Ryan exclaimed behind me.

Why is he still here?!

Hunter's eyes flickered back to Ryan before he smirked and looked back at me.

"What do you say?" I asked when he just kept looking at me. His eyes flickered back to Ryan before the smirk vanished from his face.

I turned around to see that Ryan was kissing Kaylee a few feet away from us.

When did she get here?

Teenagers are so disrespectful! Don't they realise that their PDA might make others feel uncomfortable?

But why is Hunter affected by this?

I turned back to see that Hunter was back to his emotionless self.

"Do you like Kaylee?" I whispered out the question.

He doesn't, right?

Hunter walked past me, his shoulder brushing past mine with a force that almost sent me tumbling down on the floor on my behind but I managed to balance myself.

Oh god!

If Hunter likes Kaylee, it would explain why he and Ryan are at odds right now. It explains everything perfectly.

I looked back to Kaylee and Ryan to find them smiling at each other.

But Kaylee likes Ryan...

What should I do now?

I think about what I could do to help Hunter as I walk to my locker in a daze.

What was there to even do?

Kaylee and Ryan looked really happy with each other. Hunter had to get over his feelings for her.

But why do I have the feeling that I am missing something here?

Something felt fishy...

Whatever feud Ryan and Hunter had was something older than just a few days. And Ryan and Kaylee have only been together for a few days at most...

Besides, I was the one who told Hunter about Ryan and Kaylee...

And he reacted just like that when I told him! He ran away!

So he does like her...

But what am I missing here...

Should I ask Kaylee about it?

Would she even want to help me sort it all out between the two boys?

This is all so stressful!

And awkward!

"Whatcha thinking?" Paige asked, making me look up to see her smiling at me.

And this wasn't a normal smile.

This was a Cheshire cat smile

"Why are you smiling like that?" I frowned at her.

"No reason..." Paige said, looking away.

"Okay, something's up." I said, folding my arms. "Spill the jelly beans, missy." I ordered.

I want some jelly beans right now if I'm going to get through this day...

"Okay! Fine! I'll tell you if you want to know about it so badly!" She huffed.

"Umm... I didn't-" I started speaking with a frown but she cut me off.

"Dan asked me out!" Paige exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

WHAT?!

"Oh my gosh! He finally grew a backbone!" I exclaimed as I hugged Paige. "I'm so happy!" I giggled.

"Wait..." Paige frowned as she pulled away. "You knew?" She asked.

"Duh! That guy was so into you that he was always blushing when you were around!" I snickered. "I saw this coming from a mile away." I added smugly.

"Says the girl who doesn't take a hint even when a guy pretends that she doesn't exist." Paige pointed out.

"Hey! Let's not talk about that girl right now! This is my bestie's moment!" I scolded her. "Wait... Talking about that girl again, weren't you angry with Dan because of her?" I questioned.

"I was. I punched him in the face when he came over to me." Paige nodded nonchalantly.

This is what I love about her. She can beat up anyone and yet she'd be normal...

Kinda like me. I act the same even when I am on a sugar high.

Who the hell am I kidding?! I bounce around the room like I'm in a bouncy house till I crash!

But it's fun!

"So, when are you guys going on your first date?" I asked Paige.

"He didn't tell me anything about that." Paige frowned as she looked down.

"Umm... Paige, when he asked you out, did you give him an answer?" I asked.

Paige's eyes grew wide as she looked at me.

"Shoot! I forgot to answer!" She said before she rushed away, shouting at people to make way.

"She's my bestie alright." I sighed as I looked at her running away.

💕❣️💕❣️💕❣️💕

Me: This update is dedicated to someone I've known for over ten years but only really gotten to know during the lockdown...

Olivia: That explains how you made me... Only a person as weird as you can make someone as weird as me.

Hunter: True.

Me and Olivia: Hey!

Hunter: I am just stating facts!

Me and Olivia: True...

Me: Anyways, this girl was someone I honestly didn't know much about and I had to work with her on something for an online thing and she turned out to be a really sweet person. Like those people you won't believe are actually human. Like too kind to be real.

Olivia: And it's her birthday today.

Me: So, I dedicate this chapter to that friend of mine. Even though she doesn't read my stories... She's a different type of person...

Olivia: But she's super kind. Spread kindness and you'll get it back tenfold!

Hunter: True... Well, the next update will be up on 23rd October 2021.

Dan: Which is Saturday.

Kaylee: Don't forget to COMMENT, LIKE and SHARE!

Hunter: Until next time, stay safe!

Me and Olivia: And eat gummy bears!

Curtains close as the author and the characters turn into rabbits and hop off the stage...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4K 35
"So here I am, bawling my eyes out on my bed. I've got mascara streaming down my face, my eyes are red and puffy, I can't breathe, and it feels like...
30.5K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
2.7K 227 56
(So there are some cringe moments in this book when I look back at it so if you go ahead and read this please ignore themπŸ˜ƒ) "So, what are the other...
307K 4.1K 35
I pressed my chest onto her now exposed skin. She moaned from both the feeling of my boner digging into her lower region and from the feeling of her...