The Light Of His Life

By katiehelmsway

What if Damon Salvatore was engaged when he was a human? Before he was turned into a vampire by Katherine Pie... More

Author's Note
ACT I
CAST
HISTORY REPEATING
THE TURNING POINT
BLOODLINES
UNPLEASANTVILLE
CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED
FLASHBACK: SIF COMES TO MYSTIC FALLS
A FEW GOOD MEN
THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD
LET THE RIGHT ONE IN
UNDER CONTROL
MISS MYSTIC FALLS
BLOODLINES
ISOBEL
THE FOUNDER'S DAY
SEASON 2 CAST
THE RETURN
BRAND NEW WORLD

FOOL ME ONCE

2.4K 60 28
By katiehelmsway

[A/N: FIRST OF ALL, EVERYONE SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASSHAT! It my AMAZING friend, @okaybyepls birthday today and this chapter is a gift to her! I love you asshat and you're awesome and I hope you like this! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!]

[Also the song is supposed to be played while you read his chapter cause I was listening to this song while I wrote this and I think this really shows Damon's feeling towards Sif. And Sharma, this song is also dedicated to you, cause I would give up forever (if ever offered) to have a friend like u. Love you.]

Damon hadn't slept at all. He spent the entire night trying to find the spell in the book and calling people for help. Unfortunately the one person who could actually do some help had changed his number. So he was trying to figure everything out himself.

That was not working well for him cause clearly he had no idea what Emily had written in her book. So he had a Latin-English dictionary next to him and that slowed things down immensely. Stefan's annoying calls didn't help with the time management either.

And speaking of Stefan, he came barging into the room with an anxious look on his face and announced, "Anna took Elena." Not looking up, Damon responded, "Yeah, I got that from your 600 voicemails." Stefan moved across the room towards his brother, "Damon, all night long, every single street in town, I've been searching. What if your blood hasn't passed out of her system?"

Damon retorted, "Well, then at least you know you'll see her again." "Please," Stefan said, sitting down on the sofa, next to Damon, "What do you know? You were with Anna, you must know where she's living. Just tell me where I can find her." Damon looked up from the book and bitterly refused Stefan asking him to leave.

Stefan looked down at his hands and began, "You know, all I can remember is hating you. There might have been a time when that was different, but your choices have erased anything good about you, "Damon laid the grimoire down and gave his attention to Stefan, not sure how Stefan thought insulting him would get him to help, "But see, I also know you have just as much reason to hate me. This all began with me. Sif got taken away from you because of me. And I'm sorry."

Not wanting a whole discussion about it, Damon accepted his apology. Apparently, Stefan thought it meant that he would help considering his next words were, " So please, just tell me what you know." Damon ignored him and opened the grimoire again, reading.

Stefan pleaded, "It's Elena, Damon. If you know something, tell me." Damon closed the grimoire and stood up. He looked his brother in the eye as Stefan mimicked his movement, "I mean this sincerely," Stefan nodded, anticipating his answer, "I hope Elena dies." He walked past his brother out of the room, leaving his brother dejected.

Damon studied the book some more before he caved in the idea that he had to go see the only witch he knew was available right now. Bonnie. He didn't want to ask her for help since she didn't exactly like him, but there was no other way.

So he went to her house. Damon knocked on the front door. An older woman opened it, "Yes?" Damon politely responded, "Hi there. I'm, uh, looking for Bonnie." The woman sternly said, "She's not here." Damon asked, "Oh, well do you know when she-" She didn't let him finish as she said, "Never."

Damon chuckled, "You have quite an opinion for someone who doesn't know me." She retorted, "You got some nerve knocking on a Bennett witch's door and asking her for anything." Damon asked what he did. From what he could remember he had only ever annoyed two bennet witches. Bonnie and this other witch in the 40s. He actually helped them survive in 1864. Shouldn't they be grateful?

She smiled coldly and said, "Spirits talk, Mr. Salvatore, and so does my granddaughter. You are no friend to us. Now get off my porch." Damon took a step closer to Bonnie's grandmother and threatened, "Step outside and say that."

She stared at Damon. Suddenly, Damon groaned and held his head which felt like it was exploding. Damon started to back away and the witch stepped out onto the porch. She threatened, "I am not Bonnie. You don't wanna mess with me." She went back into her house and slammed the door shut. Damon got up breathing heavily and sped away.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Elena was in her motel room with Anna who was looking out the window. Elena spoke, "Bonnie's not gonna open the tomb." Anna reassured, "Oh, I think she will." Elena questioned, "Why do you want Sif out this bad. Damon, I understand. Why do you want her out of the tomb?"

Anna turned over to Elena and answered, "Trust me. No one I know wants to see that girl again. Except Damon, the lovestruck idiot." Elena pressed, "What'd she do to you?" Anna replied, "She did nothing to me personally. She's just very dangerous. And she's better off in that tomb."

Elena then asked, "Then what is it?," noticing Anna's expression she changed her question, "Or who is it?" Anna looked down and answered, "My mother's in there."

Anna walks closer towards Elena with a resentful expression, "Katherine couldn't help herself. She just had to stay in town longer to mess with Sif. And when she got caught by the townspeople, so did my mother. I watched Johnathan Gilbert take her away."

Elena sincerely apologized for the vampire's loss and Anna chuckled, " I'm sorry. You really mean that, don't you? Yeah, I think we'll skip the dead mom bonding so you can start serving a purpose." Elena asked what her purpose was and Anna answered, "Leverage."

Anna held up Elena's phone. Elena tried to grab it from her, but Anna pulled it away. She walked across the room, dialing a number on the phone. The phone rang and Stefan picked up from the other end, at the Salvatore House.

He anxiously asked, "Elena? Are you okay?" Anna's voice came through the phone, "She's fine. For now. Tell me you have the grimoire and she'll stay fine" Damon entered the room, leaning against the door frame of the study. Stefan promised her that he can get it and Anna replied, "Which means your brother has it. And I have the witch. So one of you had better meet me in the very public town square in 30 minutes so we can safely discuss how fun it's gonna be to work together."

Anna hung up. Stefan did the same and looked back at his brother. Damon mocked, "Go ahead. Grovel again. Oh, wait no! I don't care." With that Damon left the room. Damon still went to Anna for the plan because he needed the witch.

So 30 minutes later, he was at town square watching Jeremy ask Anna out. He sped over to her as she left and sat on a park bench alone. He asked, "Got a hot date or are you just planning on nabbing the entire Gilbert family?" Anna replied, "A party, right next to the old cemetery. Isn't that nice of them? Lots of warm bodies for starving vampires."

Damon reminded her that he worked alone and she said, " Yeah, so do I. But you're minus a witch and I'm minus a spell book. So what do you say?" Damon warned, "Stefan will come after you, you know that. For messing with Elena." Anna seemed unfazed, "Then he won't be too happy if I kill her when I don't get what I want."

Anna got up and started to walk away. Damon scrunched up his face and sighed, taking his only chance, "When do you want to do this?" Anna smiled and turned around, laughing at Damon, "God, You Salvatores are truly pathetic when it comes to women. Tonight. After sundown. Meet at the church." And with that she left.

He went back to his house, mentally prepared himself for being the happiest he would ever be when the sun goes down, got a blood bag for his lovely fiancée and was about to leave when Elena came in.

She entered the room and removed her scarf. Damon looks up at her, "I'm gonna have to change the locks. You staged a jailbreak?" He picked up the grimoire as Elena informed that Stefan rescued her. "Ah, brother. Ever the white knight," he commented. Elena said, "I convinced Bonnie to help you." "I doubt that."

Elena walked around the edge of the study towards the stairs, "I'm not gonna say that I'm sorry we got the grimoire without you last night, because I'm not really."

Damon smiled tightly, "Well, at least you're honest." Elena spoke, "I was protecting the people I love, Damon. But so were you, in your own, twisted way. And as hard as it is to figure, we're all on the same side, after the same thing."

She descended the stairs and Damon replied, "Not interested." He started to leave and Elena argued, "Yes you are, because you were willing to work with us yesterday." He turned around and said, "Fool me once, shame on you."

Elena said, "Okay, when we were in Atlanta, why didn't you use your compulsion on me?" Damon placed the grimoire on a table and walked towards Elena, crossing his arms, "Who's to say I didn't?"

Elena confidently spoke, "You didn't. I know you didn't. But you could have. And I know that my betrayal hurt you, different from how it is with you and Stefan, maybe it's because you weren't expecting it but I'm promising you this now, I will help you get Sif back."

Damon groaned, unconvinced, "I wish I could believe you." In an attempt to prove herself, Elena unclasped her necklace, took it off, and held it in her hand, showing it to Damon, "Ask me if I'm lying now." She placed the necklace down on a table and waited for Damon to respond.

Damon warned, "You know Anna won't stop, by the way, no matter what I do." Elena responded, "Then we'll deal with it." Damon picked up Elena's necklace and clasped it back around her neck.

He admitted, :I didn't compel you in Atlanta because we were having fun. I wanted it to be real. I'm trusting you. Don't make me regret it." And with that he walked away.

Damon and Elena arrived at the party in the woods and saw over a dozen students drinking and chatting. Elena sighed, "The Duke party. I forgot. I hope they stay clear of the church." Damon replied, "Your hope, not mine."

Matt and Caroline walked up to them. Matt greeted, "Elena, hey!" Caroline gasped, "Elena! Oh my God, where have you been?" She intertwined her fingers with Matt's. Elena acknowledged this action.

Damon spoke, "Long story, no time to tell it." Caroline looked at him distastefully, "I wasn't talking to you." Damon smirked, "Sure you were." Matt introduced himself, "We haven't met. I'm Matt." He held out his hand for Damon to shake and Damon retorted, "Matt, there's a reason we haven't met. You and I are going that way." He grabbed Elena's arms and started dragging her away. Elena looked back at Matt and Caroline and apologized as she walked with the vampire.

They reached the church just as he heard Bonnie's Grandmother ask, "Are you sure that Damon will come back with her?" Damon whistled and they turned and looked at him.

"Brother. Witches," he greeted. Damon walked past them with the grimoire, Elena trudging along behind him. He descended the stairs into the tomb and Elena walked over to Stefan. Stefan checked on his girlfriend and she nodded asking if they were ready to get this over with. Bonnie gave the affirmative and they began.

Sheila started lighting the torches at the tomb. Bonnie stood next to her and Stefan, Damon, and Elena watched from the entrance. Sheila named the elements, "Air. Earth. Fire." And Bonnie chimed in, "Water." She held up a water bottle and Sheila took it, sprinkling the water on the floor.

Elena questioned, "That's it? Just water from the tap?" Sheila asked, "As opposed to what?" Embarrassed, Elena answered, "I just figured maybe it would have to be blessed or mystical or something." Sheila smirked at Elena.

Damon pulled out a blood bag and unraveled it. Stefan questioned, "What's that?" Damon replied, "It's for Sif. Gotta have something to get her going. Unless your girl's offering a vein to tap." He looked back at Elena, who looked unamused. Stefan sighed and Damon whispered his next sentence to him, "Admit it - you can't wait to get rid of me." Stefan chuckled, "I can't wait to get rid of you." Damon looked satisfied as Bonnie looked up at them from the ground, "We're ready."

Bonnie and Sheila started reciting a spell, their eyes shut and hands interlocked. Damon wondered, "What are they saying?" Stefan guessed, "Sounds Latin." Elena denied it, "I don't think it's Latin." After a few more seconds of the witches reciting the spell, the torches flared up. Elena grabbed onto Stefan's arm, "What's happening?"

The door to the tomb creaked open. Sheila and Bonnie stopped chanting and looked up.Bonnie exclaimed, "It worked!" Her grandmother seemed proud as she said, "Of course it worked."

Damon turned to Stefan, "We have some fires to build." Stefan looked back at Elena, gently touching her shoulder, "I'm gonna go get the gasoline, I'll be right back." Elena nodded and Stefan ascended the stairs out of the tomb. Damon looked from Bonnie and Sheila to Elena.

He asked, "Are you ready?" Elena confusedly questioned, "What?" Damon turned to Sheila and Bonnie, grabbing Elena's arm, "You think I'm gonna go in there by myself so you can seal me in?"

Grams threatened, "Don't take her in. I'll bring the walls down." Damon argued, "You'll bring the walls down if I don't. You think I trust you?" Grams retorted, "As much as I trust you." Elena spoke up, "Enough. Both of you. Look, he needs leverage. He needs to know that you're not going to shut the door when he gets inside. I get it. I'll go."

Damon grabbed a torch from the circle. Elena nodded at Sheila and Bonnie, reassuringly, and followed Damon into the tomb.

Damon and Elena went down to the tomb, searching for Sif. They heard whispers throughout the tomb. Elena jumped, "What is that?!" Damon answered, "They can sense you. Now, where is she?" He walked further, searching for his girl, leaving Elena behind. Her protests died down as he went in further.

He wandered around a bit, looking at everyone's faces, trying to spot the woman he was here for, when he finally found her. She was in a blue dress which was covered in dust, but that did nothing to reduce her beauty. She still looked as beautiful as she did 145 years ago. He crouched down in front of her ignoring the three dead bodies around her, their hearts ripped out.

He ran his hands through her dust-covered chestnut brown hair, brushing off some of the dust coating her hair and face. He set the torch down and pulled out the blood bag from his jacket pocket, feeding her the blood. As a few drops of blood went in her system, her complexion seemed to brighten and she came back to life.

With her eyes still closed, she gripped the bag tightly, drinking the blood and viciously tearing it apart. A lot of blood fell on the floor but the pair ignored it as she dropped the bag, finally opening her eyes.

She still wasn't completely strengthened and Damon picked her up in his arms. She curled up in his chest and groggily muttered, "Damon?" He huffed a laugh and replied with a lump in his throat, indicating that he was near tears, "Yeah. Yeah, I'm here. Hold on. I'm gonna get you safe."

Sif seemed to have heard as she felt her nod weakly and go limp in his arms again. Completely safe. He stopped and just stared at her for a second, savoring this precious moment.

He was so lost in drinking this moment in, that he didn't notice Stefan come in, not until a hand was on his shoulder. He looked up at his brother with teary eyes and a huge smile and Stefan smiled gently, whispering, "Come on. We need to leave."

Damon felt himself nod and move forward but his attention was just on the beautiful angel in his arms. They exited the tomb and Damon ignored all the looks thrown his way as he put Sif in his car and drove away to their house.

He went up to his room laying her on his bed and just taking it all in. He finally had her back after a long 145 years wait. And he was never letting her go. He felt her hand stir in his own and he moved forward in his seat. He took some of the blood bags from his bedside table and sat her up, feeding her some of the blood.

As she drank, her health started getting better and better till she looked normal. She sighed and opened her eyes, looking straight into Damon's, "Damon! You came!" She jumped forwards from the bed and hugged him tight. Damon reciprocated her actions and they just held each other.

Slowly she let go and looked down at herself, "Oh I look absolutely filthy. Can you ask someone to run a bath? I need to get cleaned up." Damon laughed and when she just seemed confused, he elaborated, "Welcome to the 21st century! Here we run our own baths and we don't have servants."

She seemed horrified at the idea of doing that herself and he grabbed her hand and tugged her out of the bed and towards the bathroom. He turned the tap and water started filling. Damon helped Sif out of her clothes and helped her in the bathtub when the water filled.

She seemed content in the warm water and looked up at him with a dreamy look. He apologized, "Sorry I don't have clothes for you. I tried shopping for something but it was so awkward and horrifying. This generation apparently has no fashion sense." She laughed out loud at that, shook her head and said, "It's alright. I'll wear some of your clothes till we buy something for me. Right now I just wanna enjoy this bath and kiss you."

He smiled as he bent down and kissed her. All of his negative thoughts melted with the kiss. It was as if her kisses were a remedy for happiness and Damon couldn't get enough of it.

They got her cleaned up and she changed into some of Damon's clothes. The rest of the night was spent with them talking and catching up. None of them could ask for anything else. For the first time in a long time, they were both content.

[A/N: SIF IS HERE!!!!! And I love it! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and Sharma I love you, this was your present, don't expect anything else!]

Words: 3117

COMMENT!

VOTE!

SHARE!

-Katie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 86.4K 84
◌¨̮͚ *. stefan salvatore comes to mystic falls with one thing in mind; elena gilbert. instead, he finds himself enamored with athena hunt, and realiz...
222K 6.7K 24
"She's the embodiment of chaos itself-a combination of all her siblings, the worst parts of them. She's more vengeful than Klaus, more conniving than...
518K 5.5K 42
A Vampire Diaries Fan Fiction Series. Elena Gilbert dated Damon Salvatore, a centuries old vampire for a year until he broke her heart. But now he's...
121K 4.1K 53
*Sequel to The Salvatore Sister* Evangeline Salvatore has been living a good life since her departure from Mystic Falls, filled with blood and night...