King's Pack (Taekook & Warewo...

By BlairWitch91

Prince Hoseok is the perfect person to become a Human King in the world full of magical creatures. But he nee... More

Author's Note
Introduction: A Piece of History
Chapter 1: The Incomplete Tattoo
Chapter 2: The Drop of Destiny
Chapter 3: The Air Controller
Chapter 4: The Welcoming
Chapter 5: The Residents of the Royal Palace
Chapter 6: The Ceremony
Chapter 7: The Ranks
Chapter 8: The Night Talks
Chapter 9: The Training
Chapter 10: The Prince Birthday
Chapter 11: The Pride and Prejudice - part 1
Chapter 12: The Pride and Prejudice - part 2
Chapter 13: The Pride and Prejudice - part 3
Chapter 14: The fight of Soulmates
Chapter 15: The Campfire Drama
Chapter 16: The Ride
Chapter 17: The Blessing in Disguise
Chapter 18: The Objects Controller and the Healer
Chapter 19: The Heart to Heart Talk
Chapter 20: The Coronation
Chapter 21: The King of Hope
Chapter 22: The Deal
Chapter 23: The Jump
Chapter 24: The Bonds Between Them
Chapter 25: The Problematic Older Brothers
Chapter 26: The Safe Place
Chapter 27: The Scream at Night
Chapter 28: The One with no control - part 1
Chapter 29: The One with no control - part 2
Chapter 30: The one with 'No Control' - part 3
Chapter 31: The Storm
Chapter 32: The Rollercoaster of Aftermaths
Chapter 33: The Elders
Chapter 34: The Secrets and Promises
Chapter 35: The Phonecalls, Mysteries and Lies
Chapter 36: The Perfectly Wrong One
Chapter 37: The Hyungs' Favourite Ship
Chapter 38: The Love Shot
Chapter 39: The Face in the Crowd
Chapter 40: The Trust
Chapter 41: The Heavy Hearts
Chapter 42: The Attack on Bangtan
Chapter 43: The Attack on Bangtan pt.2
Chapter 44: The Purple Eyes
Chapter 45: The Seesaw
Chapter 47: The Scent
Chapter 48: The Sacred Vow
Epilog: The Festival of Love
Spin off: The Prince and His Friend
Spin off 2: Kim Mirae - part 1
Spin off 2: Kim Mirae - part 2
Spin off 3: The Call of the Witch -part 1
Spin off 3: The Call of the Witch - part 2
Spin off 3: The Call of the Witch - part 3
Spin off 3: The Call of the Witch - part 4
Spin off 3: The Call of the Witch - final
King's Pack Background Music with Playlist

Chapter 46: The Time of the Dark King

9.1K 475 727
By BlairWitch91

Taehyung woke up feeling a gentle, slow touch on his forehead. Then between his eyes. On his nose. And finally a sweet kiss fell on his lips.

He opened his eyes to see Jungkook cupping his cheek with his hand and hovering above him.

'I could watch the moment you are opening your eyes each day till the end of my life...' Jungkook whispered.

Taehyung smiled sweetly at him and Jungkook shuffled and lay his head on Taehyung's naked tummy. Taehyung instantly moved his hand to his hair and closed his eyes dozing off.

'I'm sorry...' Jungkook said. 'No matter how sad and angry I was, it wasn't a reason to hurt you with words...'

Taehyung lifted his other hand with spread fingers, without a word and Jungkook intertwined his own with him, wondering how it was possible they fit so perfectly together.

'Pay me back in nature...' Taehyung said lightly with his sleepy, deep voice.

'Haven't I already?' Jungkook giggled, biting the soft skin on Taehyung's belly.

Taehyung chuckled.

'Never be enough...'

'Greedy.'

'Blame your sweet voice, perfect ass and tongue piercing...'

'I'm blaming your insatiable dick...'

Taehyung laughed.

'Don't flirt with me first thing in the morning or you will see how insatiable it can be...'

Jungkook pouted.

'As if I could resist you...'

Taehyung whined.

'Why are you so perfect? Come here this instant!'

Jungkook laughing, lifted himself up and let Taehyung kiss the hell out of him. They were smiling into the kisses, whispering stupid nothings, flirting and teasing each other until Jungkook checked the time and sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed.

'It's time for work...'

Taehyung glanced at him worried and caressed Jungkook's naked back. Jungkook was fine when they were safely hidden in each other's arms. But he knew that yesterday's events left their marks on him.

'Will you be ok?' he asked silently.

'Yeah... It will just take some time. But I won't throw it at you again.' he took Taehyung's hand and kissed his knuckles. 'We are dealing with this the way we best can. Together. It's okay when I am with you.'

'Haven't I told you already? It was a few months ago...' Taehyung smiled cheekily. '...I will stick annoyingly close to you...'

Jungkook frowned.

'You really did say that... It's funny it was a day after you punched me...'

'KOO! Don't remind me!' Taehyung whined, covering his face with a pillow in shame.

'It hurt you know! I'm glad you didn't aim at my nose! I would bleed till this day!'

'Stop it!'

Jungkook grabbed his pillow and threw it away. He pecked Taehyung's lips.

'I'm glad you did that...'

'What?' Taehyung blinked.

'If you wouldn't Jimin wouldn't yell at you and you would still be a judgmental bitch.'

'He slapped me then...'

'He did? Wow!' Jungkook smirked. 'I need to thank him...'

Taehyung looked at him indignantly.

'Get out! Shoo, shoo!'

Jungkook stood up.

'I will... And after I will, I will turn on my stopwatch to see how many seconds it takes you to glue yourself to me again...' he said sassily, walking to the bathroom totally naked.

Taehyung raised his eyebrow, observing his moving hips. He bit his lips hesitantly.

Then he jumped out of the bed.

When the bathroom doors closed after him, in the room, Jungkook's muffled, amused voice was heard, saying:

'Exactly 20.'

Hoseok was working for the whole night. He sent Rose away to rest and made Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie her guardians. They promised him she won't left the bed till tomorrow.

He really wanted to be with her but to let himself be allowed to feel happiness. He wanted to deal with the sadness first. He didn't want to bring the darkness inside their bedroom.

'We are ready... The King senior and Queen Mother are here... The Royal Council is here too...' Namjoon informed him. 'Jungkook, Taehyung, me and Yoongi will be there. Jimin and Jin are going to the hospital. Jimin said he will check all the Secret Service agents. He promised Yoongi he won't perform any healing tho... so Jin is going with him to control him. You know Jimin... the main reason he wants to go is to check on Xiumin...'

'I know. I asked him to do it. If he is in a good condition, I want him to be transported here...'

'You know he will be paralyzed, and we will do everything to help him recover. It's not your fault, Hobi...'

'He is working for me...' Hoseok said. 'And Allana...' he said and looked at his hands.

Namjoon lowered his head. He knew this part would be the hardest for his King. Even harder than dealing with his own brother... He walked to him and put his hand on Hobi's shoulder.

'I'm not even ready to see her... I saw the pictures the agents sent... So much blood was in her office and yet she was looking as if she was asleep...'

Namjoon didn't know how to comfort his friend. There wasn't words he could say to soothe his soul.

'We will be with you, Hobi. Every minute. Everyday... The peaceful days will come back. And we will always cherish the memory of her.'

'Maybe I will see it like that one day. But there is so much anger in me right now...' Hoseok said and took a deep breath.

Suddenly Yoongi burst into Hoseok's office.

'We have a problem! Elders are here... They want Yerim...'

Hoseok's eyes instantly darkened and a dangerous smile appeared on his face.

'Oh, really?' He stood up.

Yoongi shivered. He knew this tone. Jung Hoseok - the King of Sung-i had reached the limit of his patience. The little stability Rose managed to give him fade away because of the stupidity he had to face.

'That's not all...' Yoongi said, gulping. 'They stormed the Palace... IU, Sehun and Mark couldn't stop them... because you know... they are the Elders... And after they entered they saw Taehyung and Jungkook on the stairs - kissing.'

'So what?' asked Hoseok darkly.

Namjoon looked at Yoongi.

'We knew that if their relationship got out of the Palace they would be in trouble...' Namjoon said hesitantly, not wanting to trigger Hoseok more.

'We will see who is in trouble here...' Hoseok chuckled. 'Stop Jin and Jimin. They will go tomorrow...' he ordered. 'Take our unexpected guest to the courtroom.'

Yoongi and Namjoon nodded and walked away.

Jin and Jimin brought outfit for Hoseok to change into. And his crown.

He was sitting in the courtroom on the throne. Namjoon and Jin was standing next to his chair. The other of his wolves was placed between the other judges' chairs.

The Royal Council was present here. Well... what's left from it. The seats on his left and on his right were empty. He couldn't care less about the right seat that usually was taken by the Head of the Wolves Council. But the empty spot on his left that belonged to the High Witch or Wizard, the seat that was usually taken by Allana since he was a Prince was paining him. Felix's spot was empty as well. All fairies, Lin Mei, Selene, Akito, Chen, Michael, Javier and Daehyun were facing the doors that were opened.

Dawon walked fastly in, with Hakyeon, Gurem and Minchan trailing behind her.

She stopped in the middle of the courtroom seeing the Council present. She blinked looking at Hoseok and raised her chin.

'Your Majesty... where is Nam Yerim?'

Hoseok slowly raised his eyes at her. Cold, dark eyes. He never glared at her like that.

'Why do you think I know that?' he asked slowly.

'The rumours are spreading that she was here during the attack of Sung-jae's allies!'

'She indeed was here...' The King confirmed, clenching his teeth.

'So where is she now!?'

'Stop raising your voice at me, Madame Dawon...' he warned her.

'She is one of the Elders! We are the one responsible for her!'

'Oh? That's interesting...' Hoseok caressed his lips with his finger. 'You are saying you were responsible for her. So tell me, how long did you know she is mentally unstable?'

Dawon turned pale, she gulped.

'I did know that for some years... But it doesn't change the fact that she is a genius! She is doing her work. She is under control...'

'Under control...' Hoseok chuckled. His quiet giggles changed into cold, unhappy laughter. 'Under control... Did you hear that?' he looked at Chen, Akito and then at Yoongi, almost tearing up. 'UNDER CONTROL?!'

'Your Majesty...' Hakyeon walked to the front, trying to protect Dawon, shocked by the King's behaviour. 'We don't have enough information. Why was she here yesterday? What had she done?'

'I'm sure she hadn't done anything wrong...' Minchan said, looking at the Council with disgust. 'They are trying to slander her to get rid of her...'

Chen wanted to sprang from his chair, but Yoongi's hand, placed on his shoulder, stopped him.

'Minchan...' Hoseok whispered. 'One more word... and I will kill you myself...'

Minchan gritted his teeth.

'You want to know what Yerim did?' Namjoon looked at Hakyeon, sensing he is the only reasonable person here right now. 'She killed Lady Allana. She was impersonating her. She threatened the Queen and her sister. Sedated Lisa and Jennie and took Prince Soobin, Prince Jungwon and Yeonjung-shi as hostages...'

Dawon faltered, taking a few steps back. Hakyeon catched her before she could pass out.

'No... no... Why would she do that...' she was whispering to herself, shaking her head.

'You don't know what Sung-jae and Vernon promised her? I'm shocked you were so blind Madame...' Hoseok said mercilessly.

'Your Majesty...' Hakyeon said pleadingly. 'Let us take her... She will be judged and taken care of by us... I promise you that.'

'I don't believe your promises anymore master Hayeon...' Hoseok replied coldly. 'And Nam Yerim was already executed for treason.'

'WHO DARED TO KILL THE ELDER!!' Minchan screamed, walking to the King. The Royal Pack growled at him and he stopped.

'I did.' Hoseok answered calmly.

'WITHOUT A PROCESS?! YOU DIDN'T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO...!'

'She threatened my wife! HER QUEEN!! She harmed her! She almost harmed my brothers!! She killed a Council Member!'

'Yerim is an ELDER! And it was just a witch!!' Minchan hissed.

'IT WAS MY WITCH!!' Hoseok jumped from his seat, just like Chen, who this time wasn't stopped by Yoongi.

'The wolves are who started this Kingdom! Not witches! Not some fairies or vampires! WOLVES! You should be loyal to them just as wolves are to you!'

'All magical creatures are even!' Chen exclaimed. 'And Yerim was a perfect example of how loyal you are...' he added with disgust.

Hakyeon grabbed Minchan's shoulder and forced him to step back. He bowed to the King.

'Your Majesty... we failed you... We didn't see that coming. No amount of apologising will help...'

'Show us mercy... Give us Yerim's body back...' Dawon whispered, bowing next to Hakyeon.

Gurem was silent. He looked like a walking corpse. Indifferent to everything. Minchan was standing looking at Hoseok challengingly.

'You can take her... but I have conditions... She will be marked in history as a traitor and killer. She will be removed from the Elders title post death. And you will change the rules of choosing the Elders... One wolf from the Royal Council, one wolf from the Royal Pack and the King will have the votes...'

'B-but my lord... the new Elders were chosen by the Elders for centuries...' Hakyeon stammered.

'Look around you Hakyeon... and see what it has led to...' Hoseok said tiredly, sitting on the chair thoughtfully. 'These are my conditions. You will change the rules...'

Dawon raised her head and looked at the King. She opened her mouth to speak but Minchan screamed:

'You change a lot of rules for your convenience my king!!' He pointed at Jungkook and Taehyung. 'WE SAW THEM!! Two alphas can't be together!'

Jungkook froze. He felt the cold shiver run down his spine.

Taehyung froze too, but his eyes flashed golden instantly. He growled low and warningly. 

Jungkook looked at him and, not minding his own fears, stood next to him, trying to calm him down.

'Sorry to disappoint you...' Namjoon said calmly. '...but there is no law like that...'

'THEY ARE NOT MATES!'

'It's their choice... so you can kindly fuck off' Namjoon voice was calm and quiet. Calm as the ocean. Deep, dark ocean that can drown You in no time.

'You all should think about the consequences! Two these powerful Alphas are thread two all of us! And if they will be together their power can't be succeeded! Imagine how powerful the Kingdom would get if they would breed some strong omegas! Their children would be unstoppable! This is why they shouldn't be together! Think about the Kingdom, Your Majesty!'

'Oooh... so that's how Yerim got this idea...' Hoseok whispered.

'We need to separate them as fast as we can!'

'They are not some breeding stallions you can use as You please!' Jimin snapped.

Taehyung secured Jungkook's waist with his arm. Jungkook was too shocked to even move. The only thing he knew right now was that he needed to calm Taehyung.

'Try to touch one of them and we will make sure, you won't live to see tomorrow.' Yoongi's eyes were red as blood.

Lee Minchan desperately looked to Hoseok, who was sitting on the throne without a single move.

'Your Majesty! I am the ELDER! They're threatening me! Say something, Your Majesty!'

The whole pack growled at such disrespect towards their King.

Hoseok pouted a little, and put his cheek on his hand.

'Why should I? They haven't said anything I wouldn't agree with. They are just expressing my thoughts...'

'Y-your Majesty...!' Minchan stuttered.

Hoseok sighed heavily.

'But if You need to hear it directly from my lips then listen carefully...' He rose from the throne and looked at Minchan with dark, enraged eyes. 'Try to put a single finger... or even a single harmful thought on our maknaes, you motherfucker, and I will let the whole pack chase Your pitiful ass to hell and back. You saw what they can do... Imagine what they WILL do with a weakling that threatened them...'

'Your Majesty! You will regret this!'

Hoseok's eyebrow went up.

'Oh... will I?' he chuckled and turned his head to the right. 'Jimin... I don't think he understood what I just said... Please be that kind and make him understand...'

Jimin smirked and gladly jumped to Minchan. In no time he kicked the back of his knees and spinned his arm, making him kneel with painful whimpers.

Dawon and Hakyeon gasped, and made a step back when Jin shot a bullet right in front of their feet.

'I don't advise...' he threatened quietly so they stopped.

'Don't touch me, bitch!' Minchan screamed in pain. 'You are just low OMEGA! You are just a breeding whore!'

The silence that followed his words heralded the arrival of bloodshed.

Hoseok wasn't a wolf... but right now he looked like one. His eyes were almost red. He was looking down at Lee with disgust and hatred. But his voice... was still ice-calm.

'Yoongi...', he said with deadly happiness. '...I think he just... insulted your mate...'

'He did...' Yoongi confirmed. His eyes glow crystal red.

'Well, please, be that nice and teach him why he shouldn't have done that...'

'With pleasure Your Majesty... right after my badass mate sweetheart will kick his ass to oblivion...' Yoongi locked his eyes with Jimin and they smirked at each other.

Jimin pressed Minchan's body to the floor and pressed his knee to his back.

'Your Majesty... please... listen to me...!'

Hoseok had a smile on his face. But not his usual bright, cheerful smile. This one was sadistic as if he was really enjoying the spectacle that took place before him.

'Oh? You are still talking? Jin... he still doesn't understand.... and it makes me sad... ' Hoseok looked at Jin with pout on his lips. His furious eyes was making it looked creepy as fuck.

'I don't think this parasite is capable of understanding simple sentence My Lord... Maybe we should be more specific?' Jin snapped his fingers, and a metal rattle was heard. Chains slowly started to crawl on the floor to Lee's direction.

'Your Majesty! You can't... I am one of the Elders!'

'It's funny... It was Yerim's last words... But you know what? I AM THE KING! And they are MY wolves! What makes us different is that You can be easily replaced!' Hoseok snapped.

He walked to the place where Jimin held Minchan on the floor and crunched down. The chains started to tangle Lee's body tightly.

'If You didn't get it till now, I gave Jimin, Yoongi and Jin a permission to break your bones, spill your blood and bite Your head off, and every time you will AGAIN try to threaten me, talk back, disobey, disagree or disrespect me the rest of my wolves will get this permission as well...'

Hoseok grabbed Minchan's hair forcefully, making him groan and forced him to look to his left.

'And now look carefully... because I honestly don't think you have enough braincells in Your small brain... Look at Taehyung... and think really, really hard... if You want him to get permission from me... Because You just tried to separate him from his alphababy and I don't think he will give a fuck that you are an Elder!'

Minchan looked at Taehyung who was surrounded by a dark, red aura. Eyes sparking with intense golden color. And if not for Jungkook who was constantly calming him down, squeezing the hand that was placed on his waist, the blood would be already all over the place.

Lee Minchan's eyes suddenly became glassy.

'Yes... Your Majesty...'

Jimin and Yoongi looked at each other confused.

Dawon slowly walked to the front.

'We should end this madness... My King... I'm terribly sorry for all that happened.' she said weakly. 'I accept all of your conditions...'

Hakyeon stood next to her.

'We both are...'

'Lee Minchan will be disowned from the Elders title as well.' Dawon said silently. 'As the minor apology I can make...'

Hoseok was looking at her for a while, before nodding finally slightly. He sat on the throne again, shivering from anger. He gulped and looked at Park Gurem.

'Do you want to see your son?' he asked.

For the first time Gurem blinked and showed interest in what was going around.

'Will he be... d-death sentenced?' Gurem asked.

Hoseok didn't answer.

'Park Bogum's fate will be decided by the court.' Akito said finally.

'C-can my wife... see him with me?' Gurem looked at the floor.

Hoseok nodded.

'You can stay for the trial...' Namjoon said. 'And call your wife.'

'Thank you, Your Majesty...' he said and walked away.

Dawon controlling Minchan with her power, made him bow and the last three Elders turned to the exit. She stopped before walking away.

'Hoseok... She was like a daughter to me. She wasn't perfect. She was a pain in the ass... But we love our children despite their flaws... I'm sorry.'

'You can take her body...'

She nodded and looked at Jungkook and Taehyung.

'The Sacred Mate Law... It's not a human law. It can't be broken or changed... Even if the King will say that... You choose a hard path. Full of thorns...'

Jungkook looked at her and smiled sadly, while Taehyung looked at his profile.

'It is full of thorns... But it's also full of roses.'

Nothing could calm Hoseok down after the Elders visit. Not his mother, father or even Yoongi.

He was merciless to all the surviving wolves that were collaborating with Sung-jae. The Council's votes were the only thing that was stopping the death sentences.

Most of the wolves have been condemned to life imprisonment and to wear collars that nullify their powers.

Bogum escaped death too. Just because his mother and father were there. Crying. Not beginning. But waiting for the worst. The Council took pity on them. However, his imprisonment wasn't like the other wolves in normal Korean magic jail. No. He was sentenced to imprisonment in an ice fortress at the South Pole, where the guards were the only creatures capable of surviving there - ice golems.

Adrien shared his fate.

The processes took all day. The last one... was Sung-jae. Here nobody wanted to show mercy for any reason. Especially Hoseok.

The verdict was unequivocal: death.

Sung-jae was just standing in front of Hoseok as if he wouldn't believe somebody would dare to kill him. When the verdict was announced and Queen Mother walked to him to kiss his forehead without a word before turning back, his lips started to shiver.

'Thank you...' Hoseok said to the council. 'You all are dismissed...'

Finally the only people left in the room were Hoseok, his older brother and his six wolves.

Hoseok rose from his throne and stretched his hand to Yoongi, who hesitantly placed the gun on it. 

Six wolves looked at each other when their King walked slowly to Sung-jae who was kneeling in the middle of the room.

He lifted the gun, pointing at Sung-jae's heart.

'You are not gonna say any speech why are you doing it...?' Sung-jae said mockingly.

Hoseok was numb.

So much pain. So much death his brother's madness caused. So why suddenly he could recall the time when they were little kids and the world was simple?

'You are just not worth it...' he said tiredly, unlocking the gun.

'You don't have enough balls to do this...' Sung-jae smirked.

Hoseok blinked once. Twice.

'You have never known me.'

He pulled the trigger. The gunshot sound echoed in the courtroom.

Sung-jae's body fell to the side.

The tear escaped Hoseok's eye and ran down his cheek.

But then he frowned. There was no blood... He weakly stepped back, and Yoongi caught him before he could fall.

'W-why?' he asked with a trembling voice.

'You are not a killer Hobi...' Yoongi whispered, pressing his forehead to his King's shoulder. They fell on the ground together.

Namjoon crouched down and took the gun with paralysing shots from Hoseok's hand and threw it on the ground.

'You are our King...'

'You are our Hope...' Jimin said with tears in his eyes, walking to them.

'Our hero...' Jin said, sitting next to them.

'Our friend...' Taehyung added, joining them.

'Our brother...' Jungkook kneeled with them.

Hoseok let out a scream. Full of pain. Full of regret. He was hurt. He was tired.

When the scream changed into sobs he was glad, the six wolves that were holding him in their embrace, were his destiny.

When Hoseok calmed down he looked at Sung-jae's body.

'What will we do with him?' he asked quietly.

'He will suffer till the rest of his life...' Namjoon promised.

'I will take care of it.' Taehyung said. 'His mind will change into the movie constantly making him feel all the bad things he caused... His failures. His worst fears and nightmares...'

'We will imprison him in Marian Ditch prison... The tritons will guard him... and if he will be able to escape... well I wish him luck trying to swim from the bottom of the ocean...' Yoongi said.

'You already thought about everything...'

'The death would be a blessing for him.' Jin shook his head. 'He doesn't deserve it.'

'And we know... you would never forgive yourself for killing your brother...' Jungkook placed his hands on Hoseok's palms. 'No matter how shitty brother he was...'

'But he knows you would be able to do it... And I will make sure he will see this moment constantly...' Taehyung said.

Hoseok nodded.

'Thank you... I don't know what to do next...'

'Well, good you have me here then...' Jimin smiled. 'We will wash you up... and send you to bed so you can cuddle with this pretty wife of yours and the little bean inside her belly...'

'WHAT?!' Jungkook and Taehyung looked at Hoseok shocked.

'Oh, we forgot to tell you yesterday...' Jin smiled and apologised.

'We will have a little prince or princess soon?!' Taehyung asked excitedly.

'Oh, God! Hyung!! That's wonderful!'

Hoseok laughed when Taehyung and Jungkook jumped on him happily. He embraced them feeling his heart started to heal.

The miracle of a new life was truly a magical thing. In one moment it change the misery and darkness into joy and light.

'I vote for Yoonji for a princess name...' Yoongi said.

'In your dreams!' Jin said.

'Oh yeah?! What is your idea then?'

'Well Namjin for a boy of course...'

'Lame, you old hug. Come with something better!'

'Call me an old hug one more time and Yoonji will never know his uncle, because I will kill him...'

The sounds of bickering and sudden laughs in the courtroom were heard for long hours.

When the King of Sung-i, after it, slid inside his bedroom and saw his Queen sound asleep, he laid down next to her. Slowly to not wake her up, he lifted her shirt and placed a kiss on her tummy. He pressed his cheek there whispering:

'Welcome to the world little one...'

Telling Jungwon about Allana's death was hard. Yugyeom's power made him feel like everything that happened was a nightmare, but they had to explain to him why his favourite witch won't be coming around anymore.

Lady Allana's funeral was organised a week later at the meadow in the forest. At midnight.

The torches, little flames and fairy lights were sparkling and blinking between trees.

The witches and wizards. Fairies and wolves surrounded the pyre on which the witch's body lay.

Hoseok looked at the pale sleeping face and turned around to face the crowd.

'I am not here as a King tonight... but as a friend.' He looked at Chen. 'Most of the people... knew Allana as a crazy powerful witch. And honestly she was... I wouldn't know what to do if she wasn't supporting me from the first day... But mainly she was just a wonderful woman. A caring friend, who could smack your head when you were speaking bullshit she didn't want to hear. When she was visiting her home country in Scotland, she was still calling... asking about what she should bring for my brothers... What would Jungwon like... Should she bring Soobin a magical necklace... She loved my wife like a sister. If she could, she would exchange her for me as the CEO of the company for real...'

He shook his head, trying to hide his smile. 

'She was taming my protective instincts saying "Don't underestimate women... We can be scary...". I've always thought that... even if the Kingdom will fall and I won't be a King anymore but probably a farmer scared of his own horses... Allana will be still there...' Hoseok took a deep breath. 'She should be there...' He closed his eyes, gulping his tears.

He turned to the pyre and Chen handed him the torch. He stood on the opposite side of the pyre.

'See you in the next life my dear friend...' Hoseok whispered and Chen nodded to him. They both set the pyre on fire making sparks float to heaven, letting the warmth of the fire dry their tears.

Situation was slowly calming down. The new council was formed. Chen was appointed as the High Wizard of the Magic Council. And Michael became the new Head of the Wolves Council.

Dawon kept her promise. Minchan wasn't an Elder anymore. And to Archive Yerim's real history was added.

The Dreamcatcher was called to the Palace to get the appreciation from the King directly.

Xiumin was recovering slowly. Jimin knew he wouldn't walk for a while. Maybe never... But he was glad when he was conscious for more than an hour daily.

Taehyung insisted that Mr and Mrs Choi will visit the Palace for Jungkook's approaching birthday.

Everything seems to slowly fall in place.

But all of them knew, no matter what Jungkook did to hide it, that he wasn't ok. He was fine when he was surrounded by them. They knew from Taehyung he was fine with him too. But all of them could catch a glimpse of his sadness when he was deep in thoughts.

Not just the protection mode, but also Dawon's words made it hard for both - him and Taehyung.

Three days before Jungkook's birthday Namjoon and Jin unexpectedly took him to the car.

'What the fuck is with this kidnapping?' he asked, frowning.

'Shut up and enjoy the ride... We know it is hard for you. You won't lie to us...'Jin said.

'Is it time for dads-son talk?' Jungkook frowned. 'Hyungs... I'm fine.'

'Like hell you are.' Namjoon shook his head.

Jungkook pouted. He took out his phone and texted Taehyung that he was kidnapped by Namjin so his boyfriend won't worry.

'Of course I am not ok...' Jungkook sighed finally. 'But it's getting better... We don't need to constantly watch out and the days are calmer now... And Taehyung is there... He is always there when I need him. It's... helping a lot...'

'We know what you need to stop sulking...' Jin said, parking the car next to the house by the lake.

'Hyungs... I'm warning you... A lake is still a big "no" when Taehyung isn't around...'
'Jesus Christ! JK... You really don't know the conception of space...' Namjoon giggled.

'Well, I ship it!' Jin shrug. 'We stan love drunk puppies...'

'Jin Hyung!' Jungkook exclaimed, hiding his blushing face.

'Oh, give me a break, You two are so fucking obvious...' Jin rolled his eyes.

'You all love to tease us, right?' Jungkook sighed. 'Good that we love You... Don't forget that we actually could beat You all to the ground with our sore presence...'

'Yeah, I know I know... You are big bad wolves...

'It's really amusing that both of You are the softest people I've met...' Namjoon snorted.

Jungkook squinted his eyes at them.

'So what's the plan?'

Namjoon put his hand on his shoulder. The mood changed to a serious one.

'We know you are hurt. And we know you are trying to tame these feelings... But you had to let go sometimes, Kook... Otherways it will choke you...'

'We know you are restraining yourself constantly, so we brought you where you can free your wolf for some time. You know it will help, Kookie...' Jin said gently.

Jungkook looked at the lake.

He wasn't in his wolf form for months. He didn't let his wolf surface for months... Not just the human side was hurt but the wolf inside him who was constantly muzzled by Jungkook, was too.

Jin and Namjoon were right. He needed to bring balance to his confused wolf again.

He sighed and nodded.

'Okay...'

'We will come back in some time, bunny...' Jin kissed Jungkook's forehead.

Jungkook got out of the car and observed them driving back.

He looked around. He walked to the shore and looked at the ground meeting with water.

The evening lake surface was so calming. Jungkook could almost hear his and Taehyung's laughter echoing above the water.

There was nobody here except him. No worried hyungs. No Taehyung who he was deadly afraid to hurt with words or actions...

He could admit it...

Yeah.

He was scared. He was hurt.

The wolf inside him howled. And Jungkook didn't think more...

He changed into a wolf and started to run to the forest. He was getting the speed. The nature surrounding him got blurred. His wolf was howling, scaring the birds on the trees.

He had no thoughts, just instincts. He could feel and see nature on another level. He could almost see the air with wolves eyes. He could hear the seeds breaking under the ground to bloom over it one day.

He ran for an hour. He met normal wolves that ran with him for some time until they left him to be alone again. He couldn't see the lake house or lake itself anymore. He was high in the mountains.

And then he felt it...

He felt it getting closer...

The scent he never felt before.

Could it be...?

NO!

He was in love with Kim fucking Taehyung!

He didn't want a mate!

Jungkook turned around to ranaway, but the wolf's body opposed his command. The temptation in the scent was too strong for his wolf.

No...

NO!!! Please... God... Please... no... let me go...

He stood in place. His paws were getting deeper into the ground when he was trying to force his wolf to move forward and his wolf wanted to turn and ran back.

And the scent was getting closer and closer.

Jungkook felt like he was diving into a river of flowers. He tried to catch his breath with open mouth. He gulped hard. He could feel his mouth watering. What the fuck was this feeling? He couldn't resist it...

He couldn't move. He laid on the ground.

Then the other enormous, silver wolf jumped on him, growling angrily.

Jungkook's alpha instinct kicked in. He bared his teeth and rolled to the side. He spread his dominative scent and the other wolf backed hesitantly. Jungkook growled again and the wolf took another step back.

Jungkook wanted to take a step back too... turn around and run away as fast as he could...

But the intoxicating scent was making his wolf dizzy. The conflict inside of him started again.

His human heart was fighting with his wolf's soul.

Breaking him into half.

He didn't want to be hurt anymore.

He didn't want to suffer anymore.

He didn't want to be afraid anymore.

He wanted Taehyung...

He wanted Taehyung to take him out of here.

With the last shreds of his willpower he tamed his wolf and changed into the human form again.

The scent wasn't as hard now, but it was still there. So beautiful and tempting, that it was almost painful. 

He could still feel it. He could still feel the need. The longing.

The connection...

He was afraid that Taehyung would find his mate and abandon him...

He never thought that he would be the one forced to leave him.

He couldn't do it... He couldn't hurt Taehyung...

He would rather die... 

He fell to his knees, and the tears rolled down his cheeks. He started to scratch his inner forearms, hurting himself to the blood - to feel the pain.

To divert the attention from this smell that was suddenly... 

...so precious to him. 

He was looking at the blood trickle down his skin, mixing with his tears...

Then the scent eased a bit more...

He heard the slow step.

'Koo?'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys... but I'm smirking so hard right now... 🙂😏

--->(Here is the safe space for you to threw all the angry comments at me)<------

Love you <333

BlairWitch

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

396K 20.4K 57
Started: 23. Apr. 18 Completed: 27. Jan. 19 Taehyung is asked to help his best friend (and secret crush) Jimin to move in together with his...
107K 3.4K 21
[TAEKOOK SWITCH] ---Completed--- Taehyung and Jungkook belongs to different packs, run in different territories. Tae turned 18 half an year ago...
28.6K 915 33
A story about two innocent poor brothers marriage with the most heartless mafia and his kind brother how the two boys goona survive mostly the one w...
187K 13.2K 46
Story by cutegir2002 A story full of adventures. Containing four love stories and lots of action. Strangers meeting in the same path, with the same m...