Heart of The Death Bringers

By UnknownRoyalFreak

This is the journey of many creatures and people. There is not one single religion, for these creatures come... More

Note
Beginning and Word of Caution
The Prologue
Chapter 1: The Memory Dream
Chapter 2: Puppies and The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 4: Strange Introductions and Terrible First Impressions Part 2

Chapter 3: Strange Introductions and Terrible First Impressions Part 1

30 2 8
By UnknownRoyalFreak

Screams and thunderous growls filled the classroom.

Then silence.

Everyone looked with fear-filled eyes as shadows flowed over the broken windows. Then the shadows solidified becoming large black hounds that seemed vaguely familiar. I saw Tonya drop the bell and back away. I bent down and grabbed the chain. I saw that it just opened instead of breaking like I had originally thought.

Then something strange happens.

I freeze as all the hounds cocked their heads to the sides with ears perked up like they were listening for something.

I slowly lifted the necklace off the floor but freeze again, this time not out of fear but out of pure shock.

CHIME, Ring.

The bell made a sound.

A beautiful yet haunting sound.

It has never, in all the seven years I've had it, has it made a single sound.

I stood absolutely still as the two biggest hounds snapped their heads to me.

Custos and Exsequor walked in front of me. Their body language screamed stay away. Their thunderous growls seemed impossibly loud in the silent room. I felt my eyes grow impossibly wide when the two hounds looking at me, began to change and transform right in front of me.

We were all left utterly speechless as the hounds turned into boys. No, into Men.

They looked similar enough that you knew they were somehow related. Sun-kissed golden skin, ear-length bronze and gold curls, and perfect white teeth that made toothpaste commercials fail miserably in comparison.

But that is where most of the similarities end.

The younger one, who was a little bit shorter, held this confident, cocky, bad boy attitude and held himself in a way that screamed cocky bad boy. And he had a devious smirk that said he knew he was attractive.

The older man had a more self-assured, confident attitude. But his smirk matched the younger one, but had a more dangerous edge to it.

They both stared at me, before starting towards me but stopped when Custos and his brother growled, waking me up from whatever trance I had been in. They both grinned before the taller, older one called out to me,

"Call of the guard dogs, we just want to talk to you."

oh my. His voice was sinful dark chocolate that melted on your tongue and left you wanting more.

As it were, I had to bite back a breathy sigh that the rest of the girls in the room released.

I hesitated at calling them off before giving them the command "Deorsum" and when they hesitated I gave the whistle that meant it's okay or I am alright.

They stood at my sides as I stood.

The strangers were sending impressed looks at me as if what I had done was some type of miracle.

The same man spoke again, "We're impressed that you tamed as well as gained the love, respect and trust of not one, but two wolf hybrids."

I shook my head.

"They're not tamed. We just understand each other. It helps we have been around each other for so long."

I shrugged trying hard not to show how uneasy they made me. I smiled down at Custos and Exsequor when they leaned against my sides, whining at my uneasiness. I reached down and ran my hand down their silky furs before letting out a low yip, to reassure them that I was fine. After they seemed to be reassured, I looked back at the two strangers.

"What is your names?"

They both looked almost ashamed. "I apologize. I've forgotten my manners. Our mother would be furious with us for not doing so before." The older one who had the sinful voice said before pointing to himself.

"I am Raphael and that is my younger brother Gabriel."

I nodded my head while thinking that though they had the names of angels, they had voices like the devil.

The younger brother who I now know is named Gabriel spoke.

"And what is your name cutie?" Giving me a little smirk while taking in my appearance.

Just like I thought, he's a player.

I gave him a tight lipped smile before replying "Tamara. My name is Tamara not cutie or any other ridiculous pet name."

Raphael smiled at me "Tamara. I like it. It suits you quite beautifully."

I gave Raphael a genuine smile "Thank you."

I heard Gabriel hum and looked over to him.

"I would have thought it was Angel."

I looked at him, while thinking that he was going to turn this into a really bad pick up line. And he certainly didn't disappoint.

"Because your as beautiful as one." He replied smirking.

I scoffed at him "Nice one Casanova. How many times has that one worked for you?"

He grinned "You would be surprised."

I jolted a tiny bit when I felt a warm hand touch my shoulder. I turned my head to see that Raphael has walked over to me.

After internally shaking myself I cocked my head to the side. "You said you wanted to talk?"

He nodded.

"I want you to come with us to our world, Timaeious."

"Why" I responded like any rational human being would do when asked to come to a foreign place much less world.

He smiled before replying " Because we were told to retrieve who ever had the bell in their possession."

"Oh." Well that was anticlimactic.

"So will you come with us?" He said.

I shrugged my shoulders "Okay, but you have to ask my mother for permission." I inwardly gave a victorious smile, thinking 'good luck with that'

He nodded. "Okay. Will you show us the way?" I nodded. I'm glad I don't live far away.

I walked out of the classroom, before thinking that I don't remember seeing Jessica and Penny anywhere. I shook that thought off as I walked out of the front of the school with Custos and Exsequor at my side and Raphael and his group behind him.

I stopped a couple meters away from the school and turned to face Raphael and his group.

"Do you want to ride or run?" Raphael asked

"Ride?" I asked confused as I heard Gabriel snicker.

"You can ride me anytime." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at me.

"Not likely. Sorry but I don't find children attractive." I replied to his childish comment.

The oh's and burns rang threw the group.

Raphael smacked his brother hard in the back of the head before turning back towards me. "I meant do you want to ride on my back or run beside the group?" he explained.

"I'd rather run, no offense." I heard snickers again.

Raphael cocked a eyebrow at me "You think you can run and keep up with the Hounds and I?" I gave a rather taunting smile as I stepped close to him.

"The better question is 'Do you think you and the Hounds could keep up with my group?'" I teased.

He gave a tempting and taunting smirk in reply.

"Oh I think we can keep up with you. We'll have to remember not to go to fast for you so we don't lose you."

I smiled before letting out happy yips and a howl. It was our way of saying time to play and run. I took off running with Custos and Exsequor right beside me.

I heard cursing and the sounds of many paws running through the grass behind us. I gave a tiny smile.

Ten minutes later we arrived to my house.

Custos, his brother and I sat down on the front porch steps, waiting patiently for Raphael, Gabriel and their group to catch up.

When they did Raphael was the first to change back replying in a slightly breathless voice, "You are very fast." he said with a smile as he caught his breath.

I stood up and patted his cheek mockingly before replying in a sugary, syrupy voice, "Of course I'm fast sweetie. I run with wolves." I turned around and walked up my porch steps with everyone following right behind me. I unlocked the door and walked inside calling out as I heard the door shut,

"Maman!" I waited a few seconds and got no reply.

"MAMAN!" I yelled out.

"WHAT CHILD!? AND WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT YELLING IN THE HOUSE?!" She yelled back.

I laughed at Raphael and his groups surprised faces.

"We have company!" I told her. I heard her walking around somewhere in the house.

"I'll be there in a minute. Take them into the living room!" She told me.

"Okay maman!" I turned to Raphael and everyone else.

I raised an eyebrow "Well you heard the woman, we are going to the living room." I walked through the house and into the living room. Everyone sat down and got comfortable while we waited. Only five minutes pasted before my mom walked in, wiping her hands on her apron I made her.

"Honey who is the com-" She stopped in the middle of her sentence staring at everyone else in surprise.

"Raphael? Gabriel?" She said with a beautiful smile blooming on her face.

"Linda?" said boys replied looking at my mom in a mixture of shock, surprise, and happiness.

I felt my jaw drop possibly through the floor.

MY MOTHER, RAPHAEL AND GABRIEL KNOW EACH OTHER?!

I stared when she walked over and hugged them both.

"WHAT THE MOOSE IS GOING ON!?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 1.2K 3
This book has been removed from Wattpad.