Ghost Of Me - Anakin Skywalke...

By anakin-stop-panakin

The sequel to 'Ghost Of You' - Anakin Skywalker x Reader "If you ever miss me, look at the Sun. Focus on its... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 15

6.2K 220 423
By anakin-stop-panakin

An entire year has passed since Han Solo transported (Y/N) Skywalker to Tatooine. In that time, she has not achieved anything that she had planned.

Her initial idea was to find her son, Luke, and train him into a Jedi capable of destroying Darth Sidious and everything he stands for. After all these years, she was finally going to be the mother he deserved; the mother she has always dreamt of being.

Sadly, fear prevented her from achieving this goal.

The desert of Tatooine is barren in all locations, even those small, dusty areas the civilians claim as towns feel empty. In most places, it simply feels as though all life has been drained from the planet.

Despite the beaming rays of the twin suns, (Y/N) feels cold. She is no stranger to the suffocating feeling of dread combined with incomparable guilt, yet the burning gaze of the suns seems to remind her of the loss this has led to.

For a year, she has focused on one thing; avoiding her past. She has held onto the credits she acquired whilst acting as a bounty hunter, instead of surviving off trades made as a scrapper. She has pulled apart old ships and occasionally stolen goods off obnoxious creeps in the cantina of Mos Eisley.

Her life has been calm for a while, well, calm for someone who lives in secret.

Since giving her ship, the Millennium Falcon, to Han Solo, (Y/N) has found herself feeling more lost than usual. While in possession of the ship, she would simply fly around the silent vacuum of space to clear her mind. If that didn't work, she would explore a completely new planet.

Now that she does not have the same luxuries, (Y/N) had to resort to a slightly different method of escape. She used some of the Imperial credits she gained through her time as a bounty hunter to provide her with the necessities; food, water, shelter, and transport.

The shelter (Y/N) acquired is a small hut located in the desert; away from the cities and far from the nearest home. She never gets visitors, apart from the occasional Jawa looking to make a trade.

Beneath the blazing twin suns of Tatooine, (Y/N) and Arthree trail the dunes of the surface world with their land speeder.

They have spent their day within the city of Mos Espa gathering supplies. They don't need many things, only the essential items needed for them to survive. Luckily, they still have plenty of credits from their bounty hunting days to aid them with these purchases.

As they trail beneath the glare of the twin suns, the speeder dips harshly to one side. The dip is accompanied by a clunking sound and an unmissable cloud of smoke. The engine is experiencing its latest problem; the second one of the week. Unfortunately, this one already seems worse than some of its previous faults.

(Y/N) steadily gains control over the wheel and holds it tightly. If she relinquishes control now, the speeder has a high chance of losing its ability to hover, which will result in a horrific crash.

She gets the controls into a solid lock, resulting in the speeder coming to a complete stop.

"Alright, Arthree, it's your turn to fix it," She states.

Arthree argues, firmly believing she should not be the one to fix the speeder.

"No?" (Y/N) repeats. "What do you mean "no"? I fixed it last time."

Arthree beeps sassily in response. If there is someone out there who hates sand more than Anakin Skywalker, it's Arthree.

(Y/N) sighs. "Fine, but you owe me one."

Arthree rocks from side to side, happy to have won this battle. (Y/N) reaches into the back of her speeder and grabs a small box of tools.

She jumps out of the speeder to assess the damage at the rear. She trudges through the hot sand until she reaches the location of the speeder's issues. (Y/N) kneels on the ground and begins to survey the damage lying before her.

Before meeting Anakin Skywalker, she only knew the basics about engines. She knew how to repair minor faults and run maintenance routines, but that was the extent of her knowledge. Anakin, however, taught her everything she would ever need to know about vehicles, speeders included. If she needed to, she could put an entire ship together using spare parts.

"The turbine is corroded and the right-hand thrusters are damaged," (Y/N) announces. "We have no chance of getting it restarted without some new parts."

Arthree beeps, reminding her they are far away from any nearby cities. If they wait here for Jawas, they run the risk of being attacked by Sandpeople.

They need to find parts nearby, and they need to do it now.

(Y/N) turns around, allowing herself to scan the area. There must be someplace nearby where they can acquire the parts they seek.

At the top of the largest surrounding dune, (Y/N) notices what appears to be a hut. It is on its own, completely isolated from others on Tatooine. If she is going to find parts nearby, this will be the only place.

"I'm going to see the owner of that hut," (Y/N) says to Arthree, pointing to the top of the sand dune. "You can come with me if you like, or you can wait to be captured by Jawas."

Arthree ignites her thrusters and lifts herself off the ground before heading directly toward the hut. (Y/N) knows she would have followed her up the sand dune regardless of the situation, but watching her reaction to the mention of Jawas is always a funny sight.

(Y/N) walks up the dune toward the small hut. Its dull exterior makes it appear abandoned; as though no one has been around for a long time. Given how far it is from any sign of life, she would not be surprised if that were the case.

As she approaches the door, (Y/N) lifts the hood of her robe over her head; essentially securing her identity. The very concept of trust is foreign to her now, and the thought of anyone recognizing her is comparable to a nightmare.

With an inexplicable feeling of dread in her chest, and a rapid beat of her heart, (Y/N) reaches the front of the small homestead. She slowly, carefully, reaches her hand upward.

Her trembling hand knocks softly against the door; making a sound too weak for the regular human ear to recognize.

An older man with a slightly rugged appearance opens the door. (Y/N) tilts her head toward the ground, hiding beneath the shadow of her hood, while still managing to look at his face.

"I'm sorry to bother you," (Y/N) mumbles, creating a deeper tone of voice than what she is used to. "My speeder broke down not too far from here, and I was hoping to borrow spare parts to repair it."

Though standing before a stranger, (Y/N) feels... at ease. She does not feel a sense of danger in the air around her, nor does she notice any signs of hostility in this man.

The man standing in the doorway finds her soft, innocent voice all too familiar. No amount of time or distance could make him forget her.

"(Y/N)?" He asks.

She stumbles back a little, initially frightened of what this may mean. Someone knows who she is and whether that will work for or against remains to be seen.

As her mind becomes crippled by anxiety, and her soul shadowed with doubt, (Y/N) remembers something. She remembers a conversation she had long ago. When she was forced to leave her son on Tatooine, a friend chose to stay behind to guide and protect him. A friend that she will always trust.

Without even the slightest hesitation, she lifts the hood off her head; removing the one form of protection her identity currently has. She looks at the man before her; properly looks. Despite his aged appearance, she knows who he is.

"You're," he stutters, "you're alive."

(Y/N) freezes in her place, as though she will never be able to move again.

She never sought out Obi-Wan Kenobi for one simple reason; she suspected he was dead. In the time of The Empire, almost all Jedi have fallen by the hands of Vader's Inquisitors. She would never allow herself to search for him in any way, out of fear of what she believed to be the truth.

Part of her longs to hug her former mentor and never let go. As she internally debates whether to show emotion toward Obi-Wan, the moment passes her by. He crouches on the ground to be level with Arthree, allowing himself a small moment to reunite with a droid he only knew for a short time.

"It's good to see you too, Arthree," he says kindly. "I trust you have been taking care of our (Y/N)."

Arthree replies with a proud beep, firmly believing she has accomplished her mission of looking after her Master. After all, she has remained by her side longer than most others.

"Please," Obi-Wan stands and gestures to the door, "come in."

He leads (Y/N) through his small, humble residence. She takes a seat on a crate in what appears to be the main living area.

Obi-Wan stands across from her, still feeling unsure of how he should act around her. After so many years apart, and an extensive period of unbearable stress and guilt, it is difficult for him to determine how to make her feel more comfortable in his space.

"How have you been?" He asks, hoping to ease into a conversation.

A question so simple in meaning should not be difficult to answer. For (Y/N), however, it is a struggle to find the correct words.

For the first years, she coped. She managed to hide her pain, as she had her brother, Fives, by her side. After he left, she accepted Hondo Ohnaka's employment offer and became his bounty hunter. 

For a short period of time, she convinced herself she was alright.

She allowed her bounty hunter persona to take over, and the noble Jedi Knight to fade into nothing. (Y/N) forgot what it meant to be good. If she had not reunited with Ahsoka on Malachor, Force knows how much further she would have gone down her dark path.

Only after she had left bounty hunting behind did she realize how wrong her choices had been.

"I'm trying to do better," she admits.

Obi Wan's mind races with a thousand questions. He wants to ask where she has been all these years, how she has remained hidden, and if she has seen any of their former friends, mentors, or apprentices. Deep down, he knows a part of her would want to ask him the same.

He takes a seat on the chair opposite (Y/N), hoping to launch into conversation. He knows it is likely far too soon for him to even mention their past, but there is something he must know.

"This may be a sensitive subject, but I feel I must bring it up with you," He pauses. "A few years ago, I could have sworn I felt Anakin's presence. It was not the dark mass that he has become, but rather the light of the boy I trained. I suppose after all this time, my hope for him has not ceased,"

(Y/N) focuses her gaze on her feet, nodding slowly in response to Obi Wan's words.

Anakin's presence did return for a short while, and she knows it. She felt it from across the galaxy, momentarily reigniting the power she thought to be lost.

Up until now, she thought she and Ahsoka were the only ones who felt his re-emergence.

"You didn't imagine it," (Y/N) mutters her focused gaze facing the wall before her.

"I beg your pardon?"

"You didn't imagine it, Obi-Wan," (Y/N) turns to him, a glimmer of hope reflecting in her eyes. "Five years ago, Anakin... Vader... went to Malachor to stop a group of Rebels from stealing a Sith Holocron. Among the group was Ahsoka. She stood in Vader's way, and while they were fighting, she managed to get through to him. I don't fully understand it."

Arthree begins to bounce a little, feeling excited by the very mention of Ahsoka Tano. Unfortunately, the little astromech was never gifted much time with Ahsoka or Cal; both of whom are family to (Y/N).

Even so, the droid is intelligent enough to notice a change in her Master's demeanor at the mere mention of either of their names. As such, speaking about them makes her more optimistic.

"You were there?" He asks. "Did you see him?"

When she felt Anakin's presence after almost two decades of looming darkness, hope appeared in her soul like a ray of sunshine after a thunderstorm. As far as she was concerned, nothing was going to stop her from finding him. 

She still feels an insurmountable level of disappointment whenever it crosses her mind.

"No," she smiles weakly, attempting to hide her pain, "by the time I arrived, the damage had already been done. Ahsoka was lucky to have survived the fight."

On Malachor, Ahsoka mentioned she almost died at the corrupted hands of her former Master. She never explained how she managed to escape or the circumstances of her survival. (Y/N) wanted to ask, but at the same time, believed she was better off not knowing.

Obi-Wan slumps back into his chair, "he didn't see you."

There is one crucial detail people often forget when discussing Anakin's shift to the dark side. Anakin was not just a regular Jedi; he was a Jedi who was always destined to embody the dark side of the force.

If not for one key detail in his life, Anakin would've been lost to the dark side long before The Republic's fall. Anakin had someone by his side during some of his darkest moments; any of which could have ended much, much differently. (Y/N) was his light, but Anakin very easily could have become her darkness.

(Y/N) needs to be the hero of their story, otherwise, she would be unstoppable as the villain.

"I've been on Tatooine for a year," She states, trying to change the subject a little. "I came here with a goal, though I'm no closer to achieving it now than I was before I got here."

Obi-Wan sits forward in his seat, bringing his hand up to stroke his beard.

"A goal, you say?" He asks.

(Y/N) nods, not yet having the courage to elaborate on what she is alluding to.

"I understand why you would feel reluctant to share anything with me after all these years, (Y/N)," Obi-Wan sighs. "But perhaps we can work this out together."

After Palpatine's betrayal and Anakin's fall to the dark side, (Y/N) has found it easier to deal with life's obstacles on her own. For a while, she had Fives by her side through every misstep. Since he left, however, she has learned to get by on her own. She doesn't need people, not when she knows that everyone around her gets hurt eventually.

With Obi-Wan, however, her mindset is different. She does not need to conceal information from him, especially not when it comes to Anakin. 

"I had a vision; the first one I've had since all this started," She says.

"You decided to open yourself back up to the Force?" He asks, feeling slightly confused by her revelation.

"No," she admits, "it wasn't voluntary,

Since escaping to Tatooine, Obi-Wan has focused heavily on strengthening his knowledge of the Force. He had a plan; once Luke was old enough, he would train him in the ways of the force. His greatest hope is that one day, the product of the bond between the light side and dark side would be able to finally ring the balance.

Knowledge of this degree is not something he could learn on his own. He needed help, and he received that from Qui-Gon Jinn in Master Yoda. His former master had found a way to connect to the living, and his guidance has aided Obi-Wan greatly.

In this time, Obi-Wan learned much more about the bond Anakin and (Y/N) share; information that needed to remain a secret.

Obi-Wan can feel his heart beating rapidly as small, unnoticeable, beads of sweat drip down the side of his face. If (Y/N) were still properly attuned to the force, she would sense his unease in an instant.

Luckily for him, a distraction occurs just in time. A faint, distinct screech echoes through the dense walls of Obi-Wan's hut. The sound doesn't hold much meaning to those who reside on Tatooine. For a visitor, however, it is deemed to be unsettling.

In the 12 months since she landed, (Y/N) has managed to avoid any contact with the origin of the screech. That is, until now.

The chilling whispers of the past crawl into the center of (Y/N)'s fragile mind. She is transported to the moment when she was first exposed to the dark side of Anakin Skywalker. She managed to save him that time, but her power over him soon faded.

"Sand people," (Y/N) mutters aloud.

As she says the words, her mind goes blank. The anxiety created by the past and her fear of the present fade into silence.

She turns to look at Obi-Wan, whose lips are moving. From what she can interpret, he is attempting to speak to her.

Her mind begs her to focus on Obi-Wan, but her heart urges her to listen closely to the silence. Logic has ruled her judgment for years, for she has witnessed how emotions lure even the purest of hearts to the darkest of places. For once, despite her better judgment, she ignores the voice of reason in her mind.

She stands and approaches the small window facing the horizon. Whatever disturbance she can feel is lying somewhere beyond that point. Now, it is up to her to do what is right.

"Someone's in trouble," she senses.

Obi-Wan strokes his beard, keeping his focus on the horizon resting beyond his window. "Indeed they are. Something tells me they are not far from here."

Despite appearing as a fragile old man, Obi Wan's mind is still very much alive. He did not add this detail without a reason. Let's just say it is a test to measure the current strength of the light side.

"Then we must help them," (Y/N) says.

She stands from her seat, refusing to give it a second thought. For a year, she has tried her absolute hardest to become the person she used to be; a Jedi. Someone who would always put their own life on the line for another person; no matter the cost.

Obi-Wan always struggled to read (Y/N)'s emotions during the age of the Republic. Her sheer strength in the Force gave her gifts. Unlike Anakin, she once possessed an untold ability to hide her emotions from nearby Force-users.

Obi-Wan struggled to teach Anakin how to keep his feelings hidden. He excelled in concealing his fear; he never let an enemy see they were getting to his head. The emotion he struggled with most was love. His love for Ahsoka, Cal, Padme, and even Artoo was always incredibly apparent. The love he possessed for (Y/N), however, was more obvious than anything else he had seen from his apprentice.

(Y/N), however, was not one to openly express her emotions; not during the Clone Wars anyway. When she reunited with Anakin in Padme's apartment before the battle of Geonosis, it was undeniable that she was smitten by his apprentice. 

Other than that, there have been few occasions where Obi-Wan has witnessed her losing control.

Right now, it is impossible to deny the hint of fear playing with her heart. She wants to help the person in need, however, she knows as well as Obi-Wan that she may be met with more than she bargained for.

"That is the Jedi way," Obi-Wan agrees.

She gives him a soft, pained smile. Hearing these words from Obi-Wan gives her a sense of hope that had long ago vanished. He still considers her a Jedi, even after all the disastrous events she unwillingly contributed to through her love for Anakin.

"By the sound of it, they are just beyond the next dune," Obi-Wan says.

(Y/N) nods, "Then let's go."

Obi-Wan and (Y/N) leave the hut without another word, and Arthree trails willingly beside them. A journey through sand is far from desirable for a droid, but she would do anything to stay loyal to her Master.

The short journey over the dunes is a treacherous task. The burning gaze of the twin suns combined with the endless sea of sand creates an atmosphere that is far from pleasing. In their state of focus, however, (Y/N) and Obi-Wan barely notice it.

They continue onward, refusing to stop for even a second. There is something about this situation that makes it impossible for them to quit.

As soon as they reach the peak of the dune, the scene they were searching for presents itself. A group of sand people has gathered around a land speeder; ransacking it. They throw parts in all directions, only keeping a few things for themselves.

(Y/N) instinctively reaches for the lightsaber hilt clipped to her belt. She doesn't know much about sand people, but she does know they are savages. If it comes to it, she will need to fight them.

Obi-Wan puts his hand over hers, stopping her from unclipping her lightsaber.

"That won't be necessary," he urges.

"What do you suggest we do?" She asks.

A youthful grin forms on Obi Wan's aged face. He cups his hands around his mouth and produces a sound that could only be described as a great, howling screech. The sound echoes through the desert, and the Sandpeople certainly hear it.

They leave their findings in the landspeeder and flee in terror. Obi-Wan managed to scare them away without any violence; something (Y/N) never thought possible.

As soon as the Sandpeople vacate the area, (Y/N) begins her descent down the dune.

"(Y/N), perhaps you should wait-," Obi-Wan attempts to warn her.

If the past has taught her anything, it's that Obi Wan's warnings should always be listened to. He is wise beyond belief and is capable of concocting a strategic plan that considers every factor. If she were smart, she would heed his warning.

Despite her best judgment, she chooses to go against his wishes. There is a voice in the back of her mind urging her to go forward, as though nothing could be more important.

She sets her feet at an angle, allowing herself to slide down the dune. The balance and coordination she developed during the Clone Wars have stuck with her all these years, even without a lasting connection to the Force.

Slowly and carefully, (Y/N) makes her way around the land speeder. When she reaches the opposite side of the vehicle, she notices a person laying face first in the sand. From their position alone, she can tell they are unconscious.

Their light-colored clothes appear relatively clean, indicating they should not have any major flesh wounds. She takes this as a welcome sign to come to their aid.

She drops to her knees beside the stranger and reaches her hands out to touch their arm. The moment her hand makes contact, their body jolts. She knows it would be impossible, but it felt as though her life force connected with the victim.

He lifts his face up from the sand and turns his body around, allowing himself to look into the eyes of one of his rescuers. It isn't until he does this that (Y/N) makes a startling discovery.

The moment she sees the boy's face, (Y/N) feels the galaxy freeze in its place. The environment around her fades, sending her back to the point in time when she lost everything. 

The past twenty years replay in her mind; from the moment the Republic fell, to when she had to leave her son on Tatooine. A thousand moments flash before her eyes as the past and present merge into a singular point.

Her heart beats faster than it has in decades. She is completely silent, to the point where she feels invisible to the galaxy. Even so, her heart has never been more full of love and hope.

His eyes are so familiar; containing the same, innocent lust for adventure hidden beneath those of Anakin Skywalker. There is no denying who he is.

"Luke?" She murmurs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 7K 51
❝ TO LOVE AND TO BE LOVED IS TO FEEL THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES. ❞ in which a toughened rebel commander finds hope in an annoyingly charming farm boy. ...
155 14 7
*REUPLOADED AND COMPLETED* This is basically just an excerpt from the Revenge of the Sith around the time when Order 66 was just executed...which fea...
181K 2.4K 15
A Jedi shall not know love. It was the code taught to you. But what happens when Anakin Skywalker comes back into your life and you are put under his...
422K 8.1K 111
You are Obi-Wan Kenobi's padawan during the middle of the clone wars. After a battle that almost costs you your life, everything changes. Gender neut...