A Mob Boss's Honour

Por royal888

This is the story of many mob families. It is set in the 1950s. There are many families involved in the crim... Mais

Author's Note
Family Tree
1. Family Life
2. The Party
3. Social Time
4. Date Night
5. Challenge
6. True Danger
8. Changes
9. School
10. Understanding
11. Encounter
12. Allies
13. Surprises
14. School & Home Life
15. Literature
16. Phoenix
17. Relationship Drama
18. Sounds & Cars
19. Lost Love
20. The New Joiners
21. Girl Talk
22. Rose's Secrets
23. Affairs
24. Bianchi Mansion
25. Vigilante
26. Young Minds
27. Teenage Plans
28. Sports Time
29. Responsibility
30. Being Closer
31. More Time Together
32. Business Calls
33. Honesty
34. Talking at the Diner
35. A Mansion in Boston
36. An Eventful Evening
37. Connections
38. Ladies' Choices
39. Collaborations
40. Hidden Feelings
41. Spaces Apart
42. Family Ties
43. Friendships
44. Reliance
45. Shocking Turn
46. Sword
47. New Days
48. Choices
49. Closer Than Brothers
50. Leaders
51. Portrait
52. Mercenary
53. Waiting
54. Star Crossed
55. Night Time Talk
56. Waves of Change
57. Dawn of New Dangers
58. Control
59. A Feud
60. Persistence
61. Fighters
62. Love is Forever

7. Outrage

938 56 98
Por royal888

Lena was sitting in a hotel room where the men from earlier who were ready to kill her were watching her. The room was on the very top floor of the hotel and the entire floor belonged to the Kavannaghs and reserved for them all year round for dealing with clients. Lena was waiting for George to come back. On the way to this room, George had stopped at a door and had asked to see the boss. The guards had refused saying boss did not want to be disturbed in the middle of the meeting but when George had said it was about Lena Alessandrini both guards had allowed him to go straight in. She did not know what happened next. That was when she had been shown to this room and told to wait.

She could not believe what was going on now. The men who were so rough and mean with her were suddenly so respectful and apologetic towards her. They kept offering her room service, food and drink but she did not feel like eating or drinking anything. She just wanted to go home. She just wanted to go home and get over Nick's betrayal. She felt so numb. How could Nick just dismiss her life like it was nothing. His words played in his mind over and over again. He did not care if she was dead or alive. He had not even bothered to plea for her life. There was no way Gianluca would have let her die. He would have fought with these guys with all he had. It was in his nature to fight to the death to defend himself. But nick had just flashed his cash and was hoping his troubles were going to disappear. Nick had told her he could protect her. She had trusted him. He had warned her off Gianluca. But here she was breathing all because of Gianluca and not because of Nick.

It was ironic. She had been afraid of Gianluca. She was terrified of him and that was why she did not want to give him a chance to date her. She wanted to hang out with normal boys like Nick who were not destined criminals like Gianluca. Nick had disposed of her the minute his life was danger. His presence had not protected her. But Gianluca had saved her without even being with her. His name was enough to save her and that baffled her. Gianluca had obviously done something to make sure even some enemies of her family knew who she was and who she belonged to and by the looks of it they even knew exactly what would happen to them if she was harmed.

The door burst open and George announced to the men "We have to go back to the mansion. Those kids who came with ... this lady will be riding in the the trunks of our cars and this lady rides in one of boss's Cadilacs."

Lena was taken back. "Why do they need to come to and ... in the trunks."

George walked to her and spoke politely "Boss's orders. We have to take them all... including that guy, Nick."

Lena asked "Why?"

George said "It is the boss's wishes. He said he has to finish his business meeting but his grandson, can deal with this matter. He is at the mansion tonight. He is not here. So we have to take everyone involved to the mansion and he will be deciding what to do with those friends of yours and make arrangements for your return."

Lena followed the men to the car park and sat down in a car. She had asked George if her friends could ride in cars rather than trunks and he had repeated the same phrase "Boss's orders". She was only worried about Mary. Bobby and Bella were Nick's friends. She had less sympathy for them. But Mary was her friend.

When the car ride ended she became anxious as she took in her surroundings when she got off. As they were allowed in through the gate with heavily armed men guarding it, there was a huge mansion with lots of men in suits around busy with work. There were some trucks and some men were unloading them to take inside. Some men were just smoking cigars with their guns out.

George opened her door and said "Welcome to the Kavannagh mansion. Please follow me."

Lena followed George through the mansion. It was huge. They ended up walking up the stairs to the second floor.

There were some men in the corridor seemingly guarding the place. One of them said "You can go now George. He is expecting her. What took you so long to get here?"

George said "Well. Sorry. There was some traffic."

Another man said "Say sorry to the boss later."

George nodded and walked off.

One of the men said "Maa'm. This way." They then lead her to another corridor and one of them knocked on the door "Sir. She is here."

A voice from inside said "Come in."

The man opened the door and gestured for her to go in. Lena walked in. It was an office. There was a boy who was standing at the far end of the room looking outside the window. As the door closed, the blonde haired boy turned. Lena took his appearance. He was tall elegant and quite handsome. He was around Gianluca's age. He had icy blue eyes. He may have been good looking but his silence was unnerving her. He was just staring at her wordlessly with his penetrating eyes. He put his hands behind his back and started walking towards her.

The boy stopped walking as he stood in front of her. The boy stated "You are Lena. The Lena... I have heard so much about you from Gianluca."

Lena gulped. His voice was quite intimidating too. She said nervously "Yes. I am Lena."

The boy nodded. He then offered his hand to her "I am Christian. Nice to meet you."

Lena's fate and the fate of Mary and those kids were in his hands. She did not want to shake this boy's hand. What if he crushed her hand? His athletic build matched Gianluca's and Luigi's. She did not want to make him mad either.... She shakily lifted her hand up and shook his hand quickly and let go.

Christian said "Your hands are so cold and you are shaking. Why?"

Lena swallowed hard "I ... dont know..."

Christian raised an eyebrow "You don't know... I see. Why don't you take a seat." He pointed to a sofa.

Lena sat down gratefully and quickly. She felt more at ease seated down. Standing in front of this boy felt like being interrogated.

Chsristian walked to his desk and poured a glass of water "Gianluca is on his way here and he is not happy."

That got Lena's attention "He is coming... He is not happy."

Christian walked to her with the glass of water. He handed it to her "Well. Yes. He is coming. He will take you home and will deal with those kids who were with you."

She choked on her water.

Christian said "Are you okay?" He sat down opposite her.

Lena said "He will... deal with the kids... I thought you get to decide what to do with them."

Christian said "I called him and told him what happened. He said he wants to deal with them personally. I accepted his request. He is rational. He doesn't want the blood of our men. He knows there was no way our men could know who you were. Our men knew of everyone's identity who stepped foot at that hotel. But... that kid. Nick he came in using his father's card. He wrote the full name of all the kids who came with him but instead of writing your name in the register book he wrote "some random girl I picked up for tonight". So our men had no idea who you were. I am very sorry about what happened."

Lena was taking in the information "Nick... He wrote that about me?"

Christian said "Yes.

Lena felt so disturbed by that. How could Nick do that. He did not even had the courtesy to use her name.

Christian said "I think maybe he is abit crazy upstairs. He must be insane. Who does that? Messing with Gianluca's girl... Gianluca has honour."

Lena started crying.

Christian said "Don't cry. Why are you crying?"

A knock came on the door "Sir. His car has arrived."

Christian said "Great. Just great. He is here and you are crying. Thanks alot Lena." He gave out a frustrated sigh and stood up.

Suddenly shouting was heard through the corridors "Where is she?" Then the doors burst open. The guards outside closed it quickly.

Christian said "Hello Gianluca. You could knock you know..."

Gianluca walked to the seated form of Lena who was covering her face and sobbing "Lena...Are you okay?" He then turned to look at Christian. "Why is she crying?"

Christian shrugged "I have no idea."

Gianluca walked slowly towards him and stood in front of him "I am going to ask you one more time. Why is she crying?"

Christian said "Ask her. I do not have a clue."

Gianluca said "I am asking you Christian. My girl is found by your people. She is almost killed and now I find her on your property in tears. What have you done to her?"

Christian asked "You think I made her cry."

Gianluca said "I know you. What have you done to her? You would not pass up the chance to torture any trespassers and uninvited guests in your territory..."

Christian said "I did nothing. She is your girl. I would never hurt her."

Gianluca said "I swear if you have touched her...."

Lena found her voice "Gianluca... He did nothing." She started wiping her eyes with a handkerchief. "I am so sorry for causing so much trouble..."

Gianluca turned to walk to her and sat down next to her. He spoke softly "It is okay. Do not cry. I will take you home. You are not in any trouble. I was with Luigi when they called me. Luigi told me you have been feeling lonely at home and wanted to go out more with friends but your family did not let you. I am sorry Lena. Luigi will not tell your parents about this. He is disappointed you did not tell him you were going to sneak out. He will pick you up when we leave this territory. But Lena you should always tell Luigi when you want to sneak out. I totally understand how you feel...It is not safe to leave with no protection..."

Christian leaned to his desk and crossed his arms over his chest "Yes Lena. Listen to him. He totally understands. Actually why not tell Gianluca when you want to sneak out? He knows all about sneaking out. That is how him and I met actually... Can I give you some tips? Carry a gun and knife at least and be ready to use it... "

Gianluca turned to him. "Those days are behind me. I don't sneak out any more. I do not need to. I am allowed to go where I want now. And she does not need to carry any weapons if her brother arranges her security..."

Lena said while her tears were still flowing "I will never sneak out again. Ever. I know how dangerous it is... I learnt my actions have consequences."

Gianluca stood up and said "Don't worry. Let's go. I will take you to the border between this territory and the Bellagio territory. That is where Luigi is waiting... at the border. He will pick you up and take you home. I will have to return to deal with those kids who put you in danger..."

Lena could not stop crying. She still felt overwhelmed. She still felt hurt by how Nick had called her "some girl he picked up for the night." She felt insulted and felt upset with herself for trusting Nick. She could not even look into Gianluca's eyes. He was so gentle with her. Even then he was speaking harshly with Christian but softly with her. Care and love in his sincere words really touched her heart.

Gianluca picked up a glass of water that was half filled and handed it to Lena "Please drink some water. Calm down Lena."

Lena took the glass of water and started drinking slowly taking deep breaths to calm herself. She had to pull herself together.

Christian said "Gianluca... You said Luigi is waiting at the border. Is he inside our territory or inside yours?"

Gianluca shook his head and whispered "Now is not the time Christian."

Christian said "I need to know if he is trespassing. Where is he exactly?"

Lena put the empty glass down and was listening to Christian now. She had a bad feeling about his question.

Gianluca turned sharply to him "He is in our territory and not even within the shooting range of your people even if your people shoot from your side of the border. You will not get the chance to order your people to shoot him. He is no where near your side of town. Believe me. I made sure of it."

Christian said while picking up an apple from his desk "I will not order the men to shoot him. I would want him alive actually. So would my grandpa. You should know that. We do not give painless deaths to Italian Americans on our hit list. He is from a crime family and he is on it. He will be begging for death if I get my hands on him."

Lena shook visibly and looked at Christian in horror "No... Please. No..." Dread filled her heart.

Gianluca sighed and turned to look at Christian "Do you have to be so descriptive? It's her brother you are talking about."

Christian said "Fine. I will speed up his death a little bit. Happy now?" He turned to look at Lena "Lena do not worry. Your brother won't have to beg for very long before I kill him. We normally don't show mercy to our enemies but I will give your brother special treatment." He laughed. He then took a bite from his apple.

Gianluca turned to Lena "Lena, we need to get out of here. Luigi is going to get restless at the border and he may come and get you. You heard him. He will be at Christian's mercy if he comes here. Christian is my age but he has alot more authority here than you can imagine. He can convince his grandfather to do anything he wants with Luigi."

Lena could see the change in the atmosphere. It was alot to take in. This situation was so complicated. Christian was so kind and respectful to her. She was immune and so was Gianluca. But Luigi was not immune. She did not know what to say. Christian was her family's enemy. She stood up.

Gianluca walked towards Christian "Come on. You will not actually let your people kill Luigi if he comes here. Right?."

Christian said "Take her to the border to her brother. Come back here. Take those kids who messed with your girl and deal with them... But make it quick. You never know ... If you do not come back in time, I might get tempted to deal with those kids myself... I do not like what they did to your girl."

Gianluca said "I asked you about Luigi... Will you really harm him? He is Lena's brother."

Christian said "Lena is your girl. I have given you my word she will always be treated like any other member of your family if she crosses paths with us. But when it comes to her brother... Uh, Ah."

Gianluca said "Answer the question."

Gianluca said "I guess there is only one way to find out." He gave Gianluca a dark smile and took a bite from his apple.

Gianluca said "I am serious."

Christian said "Well. All right. I will answer you... It all depends. If you want me to convince my grandpa to spare his life it is going to cost you. I like doing trades with you... So, I will personally choose to deal with Luigi if he trespasses. That I can promise... And I will call you before I decide to pull the trigger to end his life. Is that enough assurance?"

Gianluca took a deep breath of relief "Close enough." He then walked to Lena "Let's go."

Lena was taking in everything she had heard. "Gianluca... When you take those kids back... Will you let them go to their homes?"

Christian laughed and said "Lena. You actually think Gianluca will let those kids get away with what they did? That Nick kid for sure is going to pay for what he did the most. The rest of them will also pay. They were ready to drive off after you and Nick did not show up. They were going to leave you behind and did not care what happened to you. All of them deserve some kind of punishment. You want to know what he is going to do? Gianluca will firstly ..."

Gianluca's expression hardened as he turned to Christian "Enough. I told you over the phone not to talk about what I am going to do to those low lives..." He turned to Lena and his expression turned softer "Lena. We have to go. Luigi is worried about you."

Lena was taking in the information from Christian. She said "Gianluca... Are you going to kill them?"

Gianluca did not respond. He just whispered "Let's go."

Christian sighed "Lena. Do you think killing someone is the worst thing that can happen to them? Well. When anyone messes with Gianluca's girl, trust me, death is their best option. But Gianluca will not allow them the luxury of that generous option so easily." He then took one last bite from his apple and put it in the bin.

Gianluca turned to Christian and said roughly "Christian. I told you not to say anything about this matter to Lena. What is wrong with you?..."

Lena was shaking her head and was looking at Gianluca. "Please do not hurt them... I do not want anyone to suffer because of me..."

Christian said "Actually they will not suffer because of you. They will suffer for messing with you... You are Gianluca's girl. You can't expect Gianluca to just let them get away with it. If anyone messes with Gianluca's girl they pay..."

Gianluca was cursing Christian in his head. He did not want Lena to know anything about how angry he was at Nick and his buddies. He was going to unleash hell on them. But Lena did not need to know that. He was trying so hard to hide his outrage at what they had done to Lena. They had placed her in danger and were going t just abandon her at some hotel in unknown territory to her. Lena was just too kind hearted and forgiving. Lena was just so innocent and he loved her innocence. He was in love with her kindness and love towards the world. But he did not have that kind of forgiveness and kindheartedness. He turned to Lena "Come with me now Lena unless you want your brother to be at Christian's mercy. Luigi said that he will come down here to get you if I am not back on time. We can talk about this in the car on our way to your brother. Lena we need to leave. Now."

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

253K 15.2K 23
▪︎It doesn't matter if we fight or not, you are still my wife, and I will never let you go▪︎ The thing about Mafia is that no one is safe, and nothin...
3.3M 85.2K 44
Jessica. An 18 year old girl living at home in order to take care of her little sister. In the day and age that jessica lives in, America is run by t...
9.5K 411 32
Gabriella Conti's family always seemed normal - boring even. A mother working two jobs, an annoying teenage brother, and an Alzheimer-inflicted grand...
214K 6K 53
-MATURE CONTENT- After problems go down in her hometown of Brooklyn, she is sent to Italy by her mobster don father. Unknown to her, she wasn't simpl...