paper bag // little nightmares

By vestiree

(name) found themselves in a strange forest, alone, at the beginning of it all. with no memories to recollect... More

- a/n
- lost and found
- the boy
- chase
- pale city's school
- together again
- the doctor
- the thin man
- we'll meet again
small ch. 13 !?

- adventures alone

270 7 5
By vestiree

mono's pov.

i banged on the locker, hearing someone struggling.

they might have gotten (name).

slightly panicking, i tried lifting the locker up.

i successfully lifted the locker that had fallen on me.

the locker was heavy, but i managed to roll outside.

i quickly looked around, to see if (name) was still here.

oh no.

they're gone.

"hey!" i called. 

but no one came.

then i knew that i need to find them.

i followed the path where i heard the children take (name).

they couldn't have possibly killed them.

peeking around the corner, i saw a child climbing a ladder to the floor upstairs.

the ladder was pulled up, and they were gone.

i need to find (name).

i went to the other side of the locker blocking the path.

there was a child peeking on the door.

i picked up the hammer, getting closer to the child.

he had made this noise, but i smashed his head.

it wasn't a real human.

there were shards that went off when i had hit him with the hammer.

all that remained were his lower jaw and an immobile body.

i moved on to the next room.

it was full of stacked chairs and tables you'd see in a normal school.

spotting another child, i dragged the hammer and went off to smash his head.

i almost got crushed by another trap, but it looked like it was crooked and wasn't aimed properly.

speaking of almost getting crushed, the bucket that was supposedly a trap absolutely bodied the child.

i jumped back, the shards of the child's body flew all over the place.

i had accidentally dropped my hammer, so i picked it up.

although it didn't look necessary, since i can't carry a hammer while climbing.

i went through the hole through the door and i started hearing chalk hitting the board.

this place wasn't abandoned, but we- i learned that when (name) had been abducted by those children.

i leaned over the corner to take a peek, and there were children on their chairs.

and a teacher.

i crawled and started sneaking behind the children.

whenever the chalk would stop hitting the board, i assume that's when she turns around, and i can't go past the child i'm behind when that happens.

the teacher would usually end the pattern by a loud hit on the board.

eventually, i was at the last chair i could hide behind.

there was a door, slightly open just enough for me to enter without any noise.

THUD

1.

2..

3...

4....

5.

i started moving towards the door.

i went inside without hesitation.

once inside, i could finally stand.

i looked around, and there were some unorganized books and files that i assume are from the teacher.

on top of the books, there was a key.

i grabbed the ledge and stepped foot on the one below my feet.

creak...

THUD

damn it. it couldn't hold me.

but i got the key now, so..

i grabbed the key and put it inside my pocket.

i was about to advance to the new part of the school, but i heard shoes pounding against the floor loudly.

i quickly dashed and hid inside one of the boxes as the teacher entered the room.

it seemed that a semi-abandoned school wasn't enough, that they had to include a teacher who has a long ass neck.

the teacher had looked around. i assume she had left her body in front of the door.

i couldn't do anything, other than wait for her to complete her search.

and so i waited.

the teacher had almost discovered me, but luckily she went back and closed the door.

unfortunately she had trapped me inside with no exit.

there was a small vent in the wall, so I used it.

lucky me. it leads right back to the classroom.

right as i poked my head out of the cabinet, the teacher had slammed her ruler on a desk.

i gulped, going behind the student's chair once again.

the teacher was roaming around the class, like most supervisors do when you have a quiz.

i've had to wait for her to pass, but she had went to where i was at.

i swiftly hid where the teacher wouldn't see me.

the teacher had slammed her ruler on yet another desk of a child.

as she moved away, i ran away from the class.

the teacher seemed to have noticed this, seeing how she turned around and attempted to bite me.

i had reached a padlock, and assuming that this is the right key, i inserted it inside the lock.

click!

it fit right in.

i ran inside the elevator, fearing of what would catch me if i had taken a few seconds off.

ding!

the elevator stopped. that was a quick ride.

i couldn't stop for a moment, hoping that my friend would be alive somewhere with those children.

the next room i had to go in contained a child. the child had a leash, restricted from going too far away from where he was now.

there were drawings made by the child. they were on the ground, the board.

the one that caught my eye the most was the signal tower. there was a wave emitting from the tower, and i couldn't help but wonder about it.

suddenly, i heard a shriek.

i shielded my head in case the child would attack me.

there was a cry, and a sound of a rope restricting the one that had emitted that cry.

it was my chance.

the child had been knocked to the ground, and so did their hat.

i saw a crowbar at the edge of the board.

i made a run for it.

the child cried out once again.

SMASH

the seemingly fragile porcelain body dropped to the ground, immobile.

the door allowing me to go to the next room was closed.

gripping the crowbar in my hands, i started breaking down the door.

BANG

-

"hey. i promise i won't hurt you."

-

BANG

-

"okay."

-

BANG

-

"friend."

-

CRASH

the room had another vent. this room was small; it had a mop and a bucket in it.

i suppose this is the janitor's closet.

climbing the cabinet, i went inside the vent.

it was a long one.

eventually i did make it to the other side, but i knocked down a few bottles.

SMASH

eh, who cares about bottles? i thought to myself. they don't care about these things anymore. i thought.

well look where we are now! a teacher with an elongated neck trying to find and catch me!

i hid inside another box, watching the head of the teacher look around, attempting to spot the one that had knocked down the bottles.

eventually, the head did recede and made this.. disgusting noise, honestly.

it was.. fleshy.

i shuddered, wasting no time and getting out of hiding.

i found planks to walk on while there was a bottle in the way.

come on, it had to be another bottle..

i grabbed the bottle, careful not to make a noise.

i placed it down carefully at a good spot. i jumped and started climbing the makeshift rope.

pulling myself up, i looked around the new floor.

there were broken floorboards, but there was a plank that could help me with that.

i could hear the teacher continuously slamming her ruler on the tables as i pushed the plank.

it made a noticeable thud, so i hurried and went inside the vent.

there was an unexpected fall, and i almost had hit my head.

i lifted myself up, crawled and climbed up the vent.

i popped out of the vent, and there was a library.

i heard the door creak open, and loud footsteps entered the same room i'm in.

dropping onto the floor, i made sure that i was making minimal noise to not draw the teacher's attention.

i moved the ladder to the other side, climbing it.

two books close to the edge dropped onto the floor.

who even places books like that? i asked myself.

i jumped over the gap between the shelves [ I FINALLY REMEMBERED WHAT IT WAS CALLED HELP,... ].

THUD

the books fell onto the floor. i looked behind me, and there was the disgusting neck about to catch me.

i sprinted onto more shelves, with the teacher missing a bite.

there were barely any books inside one of the shelves, so i slid in there.

the teacher screeched, unable to catch me inside.

after getting out of the shelf, there were books.

several books stacked and tied upon each other.

almost like a book tower.

i jumped onto the books, holding onto their covers.

i had to go around it since, well, it wasn't exactly a flat surface.

jumping over to the next tower of books, i might've caused some books to fall.

which led to the teacher poking her head and nearly caught me.

i went to the other side of the tower to avoid being seen and jumped on the railing.

the teacher didn't notice me, seeing how her neck retreated back to her body.

hearing footsteps, i hid behind another stack of books.

the woman, again, was here.

she had opened the door, but it closed behind her, leaving me to open it myself.

i tried jumping to the doorknob, but as always, i wasn't tall enough.

are kids normally this small?

i grunted, pulling a box full of books.

you could hear the scratching under it as it moved.

i had moved it to the door, close enough to jump to the doorknob.

well, you could guess that i climbed on the box and jumped to the doorknob, pulling it.

it made a loud creak, but there wasn't anyone else in here to notice it.

i strode away from the library, the door closing behind me. the place didn't seem very.. school-ish, anymore.

it looked more like a, uh, [ hey. u guys know thst one large staircase in rh? roblox? yeah. like thst. i actually don't know how to describe it but uh. yeah. like that wide ass staircase in rh. plus the dark atmosphere and silence ].

there were books scattered amongst the floor, and the railings were pretty much destroyed.

walking up to the second floor, i found another soul.

it was sitting at the edge of the floor, their legs dangling in the air.

i reached out, only to feel the cold breeze on my fingers and a pain coming from my stomach.

moving on, i found a chess piece.

it had its head on the floor, so i put it back together again, placing its head on j its body.

at first, i thought it would do something.

without hearing some sort of noise - presumably a large creaking kind of noise - i looked at the door in front of me.

well, now i know what the chess piece was useful for.

climbing onto the top of the piece, i carefully stood up as to not separate its head again and fall.

i jumped and held the doorknob, wishing to open it with the help of my weight.

click!

there we go.

the door opened slowly, creaking as i just hanged on it as if my life depended on it.

after it had completely opened, i jumped off. the room was messy and it looks like someone was playing chess on the floor.

the chess piece in the middle had a.. corpse of a child on it. their head had a crown sitting on top.

looking at it, most of the pieces were broken. 

i went to the other side of the room, and there was a painting. i could pull on it, so i did.

after the painting had gone up, there was a drawn chess board with a bishop, a rook, a knight and another bishop in the middle.

i looked back at the board laying on the floor. 

only the white ones were broken, excluding the black piece in the middle.

so i decided to recreate the drawing.

i mean, it has to mean something, right?

so i used the piece in front of the door for the bishop. there was a rook's head on top of the table, but i couldn't reach it.

i used the bishop's head, jumped on the table and placed where the rook was positioned in the drawing.

i looked around. nothing happened. 

but that was when i hadn't spotted the lamp. 

for some reason, it had looked odd to me. was the lamp just like that for design? 

then it came to me. 

the lamp was some sort of lever. 

i jumped and pulled on it.

creak

the shelves had separated. there was a chair with a key on top, so i stuffed it in my pocket.. 

looking around, the room had nothing else to offer.

i went out of the room, wondering what the key was for.

then i remembered the door with a lock on it.

i ran downstairs, pulled the key out of my pocket and unlocked the door.

the padlock dropped to the ground.

i pushed the door open.

oh.

another kitchen. this is fine.

the kitchen was, well, the opposite of neat.

plates were dangerously close to dropping, pans were stacked and it smelled disgusting. 

i decided to waste no time and just advance to the next part of the building. 

spotting a vent up on the wall, i pushed the trays to the wall.

i'll be able to reach there. 

thud

i got past that place.

although it hadn't ended.

i had landed in, you wouldn't believe it.

another kitchen! 

i dropped off the shelf. i crawled under the tray stack, but i had to stop when i saw another child, alone, with a plate.

i grabbed the ladle behind him, and..

CRACK

surprise.

i didn't notice it, but there were three more children hiding in the shadows. 

one of them screeched, sprinting to me. i gripped the ladle and crushed his head.

another came at me, preparing to jump on me.

CRACK

dead.

CRACK

CRACK

THUD

the child's head flew off, but it wasn't destroyed.

the body was. 

the corpses of the children lay in the middle of the room while i grabbed the head. 

there was an obvious hole under it, so i tucked away the paper bag and placed the head over mine.

i crawled under the table, and i found myself walking through children making a mess of the cafeteria. 

least i could say that they were really messing things up in the place. one of them even looked at me with a weird smile.

i crawled through another table.

THUD

wow. a pot almost dropped on me. this is fine.

i kept going my way without hesitation. the kids were all over the place, and yet i still couldn't find (name).

there was a child dangling onto the light above. he'll get himself killed.

i went through the broken door, but my head cosplay had to go.

it crashed right the moment i went past the door.

i lifted myself up and immediately put my paper bag over my head once again.

i climbed up the shelves, since there was nothing else to do.

i balanced myself on the plank on the light. climbing the drawers, i grabbed the rope dangling from the roof.

i did the same thing as before, right before the tv event.

i made a jump for it, and i landed successfully.

and, well, apparently, i had nothing to do here.

i had just wasted my time coming up here.

going to the other end, i threw a jar containing a brain and water inside. there were a few papers under it, but i couldn't read it.

i grabbed onto the hook and it lowered me safely back down.

there must be something to do with this brain, right? 

i thought to myself, grabbing the wet object on the ground. looking at the door, there was a button.

apparently i hadn't looked around my surroundings very well for this part.

i gripped the brain, cringing at the touch of its wet surface.

i threw it at the button.

click!

the door went up, and i was able to move forward to the next part of this building. 

i'm starting to wonder if this place is actually a school, or just a place to gather children and abuse them.

the door closed once again, and i peeked over to the next room. i swear i heard someone tampering with something as i entered the room.

i heard some.. familiar footsteps.

it was the teacher again.

i warily watched her move towards the other end of a room after she had finished with whatever she was doing here.

cautiously, i crawled over to the middle space under the drawers.

i watched the teacher move on to the next room after she had collected what she had needed. unfortunately, i had to follow her.

why do the monstrosities i encounter have to include me following them and possibly endangering my life just to escape?

i brushed that question away and moved over to where the teacher was. i could hear her footsteps moving over the room.

opening the door, i considered myself lucky that it didn't creak nor make a loud noise.

i continued crawling under the tables, wondering how the woman with an elongated neck hadn't noticed the door left open.

i stopped crawling when i found another hole above me.

i figured that i had to jump through the tables to do that, but i had been noticed by the teacher.

her neck started to grow and follow me under the tables as i could hear her screech.

i ran out the door as fast as i could, hoping she wouldn't follow me.

i hid myself in the shadows once again, hearing the footsteps recede.

damn it. she'd be pretty aware of me now.

i cursed under my breath, going back inside the room with that woman.

i climbed up the drawer, watching her hands tamper with organs on a cutting board on the table.

as she turned around, i made my move and quickly crawled over to the opposite side.

i could hear her moving away.

i peeked around the jar, making ever so slightly a noise.

the woman had her back turned on me, so i made my move once again. i couldher her writing on the board as i jumped over.

i crawled behind the books and jars filled with water and organs.

i could hear her pouring something, but that wasn't my business here.

i went into the hole and fell on the ground, grunting softly.

i swear, this place has something for vents and holes in the walls.

i climbed the shelf full of books up to the vent on the wall.

and once again, i found myself crawling in a metal surface.

i might've dropped down, but i still got out.

standing up, i looked at my new surroundings. carefully, this time. 

...

well, at least i'm in a familiar hallway now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 193 35
(this is a au where Balloon get amnesia) Balloon was just walking in the forest a normal place for him to be in when a heavy object hits him on the h...
98.2K 2.1K 31
This world is scary, but with friends things are easier to do. Maybe even having fun! Who knows what will happen? Maybe even having someone who is mo...
796 35 12
Based off Hotel Transylvania. Short story. Romance. Book 1 - Zinged Fate. Could be read independently if you truly wanted to, but I'd recommend readi...
13.6K 285 200
Book no.8 of my Incorrect Quote book series I do not own any characters in this book All characters belong to Rainimator Except for Default or charac...