Can't Trust Summer

Door pezzbosch

Being a teenager is tough. Life for Anna Pierce is hectic, especially someone like her who borderlines the sp... Meer

Playlist
(1) Chilling Commotion
(2) Aquiring Aquaintances
(3) Never Noticed
(4) Treehouse Talks
(5) Trouble Time
(6) Ridiculous Responses
(7) Unique Understanding
(8) School Season
(9) Tremendous Tension
(10) Stubborn Scowl
(11) Unbearable Unhappiness
(12) Miserable Moments
(13) Mother's Memory
(15) Recognizing Rangers
(16) Command Center
(17) Hosting Hostages
(18) Adoring Anna
(19) New Nightfall
(20) Chasing Chapters
Epilogue
New Story... Again :)

(14) Engaging Excitement

978 33 15
Door pezzbosch

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

Anna didn't know that Javi's birthday was coming up until Izzy had told her. They had run into each other at the library, and Anna wanted nothing more than to let Izzy know about what she knew - but keeping it a secret right now was the most important thing. She knew their identities must remain hidden, and it was only by chance that she had figured out the faces behind some masks.

"Do you want to go to the mall with me? I need to get Javi a birthday present." Izzy whispered as they both sat at the same table with books open in front of them.

"When's his birthday?" Anna wondered.

"Next Wednesday." she answered.

"We should throw him a surprise birthday party." Anna thought that maybe throwing a party would show that she was interested in him. She remembered Linda telling her it was okay for the girls to start things sometimes.

"I think he would like that," Izzy nodded, "We can get the others to help too."

"Perfect," Anna closed her book, "Let's get a game plan going then. Can you ask them to meet up with us somewhere? The park - or anywhere Javi might not show up?"

"Don't worry, I've got that pat covered. I'll text everyone and tell them to meet us here. Javi would never come here." Izzy told her.

She watched the girl pull her phone out and type something in the matter of seconds.

"Speaking of Javi..." Izzy trailed off.

"What about him?" Anna rested her chin on her hands, trying to ignore the urge to tap her fingers on the table. It was hard to fight against it, but she didn't want to disturb anyone else in the library.

Instead, she started running her hands through her hair that was resting at her shoulders. She twisted strands, twirled them on her fingers, and even slightly tugged at the end of them just to try and distract herself from wanting to tap.

"I may have given him your phone number," Izzy smiled, "He wouldn't stop asking me for it."

"Why didn't he just ask me for it? I would have given it to him." Anna tilted her head slightly.

"Cuz he's a stupid boy, duh." Izzy rolled her eyes.

"Heard from anyone yet?" Anna wondered.

"Amelia and Ollie. They'll be here soon. I'd imagine they will bring Zayto along." Izzy checked her phone.

Anna eyed the girl, wondering if Ollie and Zayto were the faces behind the other two masks. There was no way she could ask Izzy just yet, but the curiosity was very present and Anna wondered if she could get the girl to admit anything to her.

"Pine Ridge has been very quiet," Anna cleared her throat, "Haven't heard much about any Sporix beasts lately."

"Yeah," Izzy shifted in her seat and rested her hands on the table, "The Power Rangers must be doing a good job."

"Do you ever wonder who they are?" Anna asked, "I've had a few encounters with them and I'd like to thank them for protecting the city."

"I wonder who they are all the time. They are really brave people." Izzy nodded.

"They really are," Anna agreed, "I don't think I could ever be that brave."

"I'm sure you could," Izzy smiled, "We're all brave in our own ways."

Anna looked over Izzy's shoulder to see Ollie, Amelia, and Zayto coming towards their table. The two girls scooted over to make room for the others as they pulled chairs away from the others table to sit with them.

"Anna had a really good idea about throwing Javi a surprise party for his birthday." Izzy informed the others.

"Of course she would be the one to come up with that." Ollie snickered.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Anna glared at him.

"We all know that you two like each other," Ollie rolled his eyes, "So what exactly were we thinking?"

"Well we could have it at my house," Anna though about it, "We've got a big backyard and it will be easier to get everything set up and decorated. I'm sure my dad and Linda won't mind."

"We could all pitch in for pizza and a cake." Amelia added.

"I can help get decorations," Zayto said, "Maybe we should so a music theme? Since Javi likes music so much."

"Perfect," Izzy smiled, "And I think I know the perfect gift to get him too. Remember that keytar he had? His dad made him return it and I know he was really bummed about it. We could all pitch it and make it a group gift."

"I think that all sounds perfect." Anna smiled.

"We just all have to make sure that Javi does not find out. Remember, it's a surprise party." Izzy added.

"The only person we have to worry about spilling the beans would be Ollie here." Amelia nudged the boy and playfully smiled at him.

"My lips are sealed." he rolled his eyes.

"What day should we have it?" Zayto asked.

"Sunday?" Anna suggested.

"Sunday sounds good." Everyone agreed.

The group had a solid plan of exactly what they wanted to do for Javi's birthday. Anna had never had a surprise birthday party herself, which she always secretly wanted, but she thought it would be a nice gesture for her friend and she was excited to have everyone involved in it all. She never really had friends, so growing close to this group was important to her. If they all got along - which they seemingly did.

Anna's phone started to vibrate in her pocket and she pulled it out to see a new number had texted her. She opened it while listening to the others conversate only to see that it was Javi. She looked up at the group who didn't seem to notice and then read his message. He had asked her to meet him at the treehouse if he could.

"So," Anna cleared her throat nervously, "Javi just asked me to meet him. I'm going to sneak off if that's okay?"

The group all looked at her, some with knowing smirks and others with wide smiles. She hid her own smirk as she waited for their answers.

"Go!" they all collectively shouted, earning a quiet warning from Mrs. Park the librarian.

Anna smiled as she stood up and pushed her chair in. The library was just near the treehouse spot so it took her no time to get there at all. The entire walk, she wondered what Javi had up his sleeve. Why did he want her to meet him at the treehouse? She wouldn't know until she had gotten there, but many scenarios were running through her head.

Her feet shuffled through the grass as she walked through the woods, following the familiar path she had taken several times to get to this spot. It had already become memory to her of where to go without even thinking about it. Just like the trail her and her mother had always walked on.

When Anna entered the little opening that led to the trail, she stopped to look at everything that was laid out on the grass. A blanket was spread out with a basket sitting on top of it and a few flowers laid out. Anna crossed her arms and looked around, not seeing Javi anywhere in sight. She tilted her head slightly, wondering what was going on.

"Javi?" Anna called out, walking closer to the blanket and looking around for him still.

His voice caught her attention and she snapped her head up towards the treehouse. He was standing on the platform with a guitar in his hands and when he looked down at her, he started strumming the strings and smiled down at her.

She instantly felt the heat rise in her cheeks as she watched him continue to strum the strings and start singing. Anna folded her hands in front of her and smiled up at him as she listened to his voice. She had only ever heard him play that morning in the park, but listening to him now - he sounded incredible. His voice was very sweet and his musical skills seemed profound from years of practice.

He sang two different songs before climbing down the ladder and greeting Anna. He walked over to her with a huge grin on his face and his guitar rested behind his back. She stared up at him with an equally enthusiastic smile, waiting for him to say something.

"What is this?" Anna asked.

"This," Javi pulled something out of his back pocket and held it between them, "Is a sunflower. It reminded me of you."

Anna smiled and took the flower from his hand.

"Really, what is this?" she asked again.

"I told you when my sister tried to set us up on a date, that our first date would be on my terms... not hers. Well," he paused, "Here we are."

Anna started giggling as she pointed to the guitar slung behind his back, "Play me another song."

He smiled as the two sat down. She rested the flower next to her and watched as Javi adjusted his position and stared into her eyes as she waited to hear his sweet voice. The whole time Anna had been planning a surprise party for him, he had been planning a surprise date for her - and she found the gesture incredibly kind.

She could have sat there all night listening to him play the music. She thought that he had genuine talent and his love for music really showed through his playing. When he took a break, Javi pulled out all the snacks and the two of them sat there talking for hours.

"This was really sweet," Anna smiled, "Took me by surprise."

"Good," he smiled back, "Then I hit the target center."

"I think it's safe to declare the treehouse as our spot, officially..." she watched for his reaction.

"I think I like the idea of that." he agreed.

"Thank you for tonight," she told him, "It was much needed after everything that was going on."

"Are things okay with you and your family now?" he wondered.

"Yeah. We had some long talks, but things are going really well with me and Linda now. We both were in the wrong, and we understand that." she said.

"Good. I'm glad things are getting better for you all." he nodded, "Family is the most important thing in anyone's lives."

"Thanks for checking in on me and helping me through it. I know I was difficult during that time and I'm sorry." she sighed. 

"No need for an apology. How about another song?" he suggested.

Anna nodded and waited for him to stay playing again. She crossed her legs in front of her and enjoyed every second of the music flowing through the air. It filled the silence around them and made the moment seem like it lasted for hours. Her first date with Javi was incredibly kind and well thought out. Now she knew she had to make his birthday just as special since he made their first date such a memorable and secluded one.

They stayed at the treehouse up until the sun started going on and that's when Anna decided to be slightly bold. She grabbed Javi's hand as he helped her stand and then reached up on her tip-toes to gently press her lips to his cheek. There was some slight stubble growing on his cheeks but she didn't entirely mind it when she pulled away.

The two packed everything up and then Javi insisted on walking her home just like every other time before. She honestly started to look forward to walking with him - she always loved walking. The sun was illuminating the sky in vivid colors that made the night even ore perfect. She couldn't wait to tell Linda about the night because she knew someone would ask about the stupid cheeky grin that never left her face.

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

4K 157 32
They thought it was over. But now, thanks to some glowing Gems, a new enemy has risen, ready to turn the Earth back to the days of the dinosaurs. It'...
3K 101 5
Flowers (Ongoing)⏳ --- In the not-so-distant future, the mysterious and sinister Venjix Computer Network is attempting to conquer and lay ruin to the...
66.9K 1.6K 57
Seventeen-year-old Danielle had her world flipped upside down after a sudden tragedy in her family. Being forced to move in with her estranged grandm...
107K 2K 68
"In you, I've Found the Love of my Life" Amelia is an eighteen year old dancer from New Zealand, raised by her adoptive parents and loves to sing. Fr...