Demon Slayer || Ghost of Tsus...

By GoodHadock

In Jin's world, he is a force to be reckoned with, taking on Mongols, bandits, and anyone who deserves punish... More

Ghosts and Demons
Ghost Hunting
A Ghost's Embrace
A Forgotten Legend
Legends of Tsushima
~ For Your Information ~
The Way of The Breathing Style
Ghost Breathing Style I
Ghost Breathing Style II
Ghost Breathing Style || Overview
The Hidden Demons
The Hidden Demons II
The Duel of Blades
The Demons of Tsushima
A Demon's Ghost
The Quiet and Distraught
Ghost Breathing Style || Update
Season I: Confrontation
Tanjiro and Nezuko
Ghost Training
Updated Cover

Samurai to Hashira

5.3K 114 128
By GoodHadock

.

.

.

.

Jin's POV

I did not think this day could get stranger. Not only was I years ahead but I would be fighting true demons. My skills and abilities were mostly to fight Mongols. Now it's being upgraded with breathing techniques which have made my moves even more powerful.

The master has revealed a legend that he believed to be true. I know it is because the legendary samurai he is talking about is me. To think my story would be reduced to one scroll. I guess that the shogun was dead sent on wiping my name from the record. To preserve that the way of the samurai is what secured their victory.

This exposure has put me in the spotlight. Each demon slayer is looking at me in astonishment and awe. But it seems one of them would not believe it.

"Master, excuse me for my rudeness. But how is this man who you claim is this 'Ghost' of the past? He could be some type of imposter." The scarred man disputed.

"Because of this symbol." The master then let the girl holding the scroll show them. Inside was the symbol of clan Sakai. A circle with two triangles represents the twin mountains of Tsushima.

"Our friend here is the last of his clan. Only he carries what is left of his family." He said.

He could only be surprised that he was able to figure out who I was with the little information he had.

"Sir could you please show them that you mean well." He called to me.

"I'm sorry but my hands are tied," I retorted.

"Forgive me. My children only did it as a precaution for your safety." The master remarks. "Untie him."

The scarred man scoffed but was about to do as asked.

"No need. I already figured it out," I confessed. The binds fell from my arms as I rubbed my arms from the stress.

I saw how stunned the demon slayers were. Even the blue-haired one had his eyes widened for a moment.

"That's the second time that I was tied up. I told myself that would be the last time it happened." I glared but it did not affect them.

"What happened last time?" The pinked hair girl mumbled.

"I watched my friend get killed right in front of me," I said.

It plays in my mind but I wish not to remember it. Even now it still hurts to see Taka killed. I never should have let him come.

"I'm sorry it's just that I've lost so many during those days. I do my best to carry on and remember for who they were." I commended.

They had somber expressions as they looked down. I knew that look the look of someone they lost. These demon slayers appear more than they seem. I pulled out my katana and held it in front of me.

"This is the Sakai blade. Passed down from my father." I told as I showed him the blade.

Despite his blindness, one of the girls told him that it was indeed matched with the symbol.

"Then you are truly what the legend says. The 'Ghost' unless you prefer... Jin Sakai." The master said.

"Yes. That would be preferable. And may ask yours?" I asked.

"My name is Kagaya Ubuyashika I am the leader of the demon slayer corps. The ones beside me are my daughters. The 9 men and women standing next to you are the Hashira. The most powerful of the demon slayers."

"Sanemi Shinazugawa - Wind Pillar"

"Gyomei Himejima - Stone Pillar"

"Obanai Iguro - Serpent Pillar"

"Kyojuro Rengoku - Flame Pillar"

"Muchiro Tokito - Mist Pillar"

"Mitsuri Konroji - Love Pillar"

"Tengen Uzui - Sound Pillar"

"Shinobu Kocho - Insect Pillar"

"Giyu Tomioka - Water Pillar"

Each of them was different especially in the way they presented themselves. These are the warriors of the future the ones who protect demons from the innocent. I got up to my feet and gave them a slight bow out of respect.

"I see that you are incredibly powerful warriors. I am humbled to be in your presence." I commended.

When I heard of this demon slayer corps, I was interested in their fight against demons. To reckon that a supernatural creature can be fought against even a well-trained swordsman. I was fearful when I first encountered a demon. But I realized that there was just another enemy. They only kill because they have to and will take great pleasure in their attempts.

My duty as a Samurai was to protect the people of Japan from these creatures. Yet, I had to do it in the shadows as the Ghost. At the time I did not know if it was safe to do things out in the open. Best to be safe than end up in the worst situation. So when I learn of the group, I was a bit relieved that I was not the only one fighting. I have concluded or have some idea of why I was here.

"I don't suppose I was brought because of a friendly chat." I alluded.

"No, I assumed you had some type of idea. As head of the demon slayer corps, I want you to become a Hashira." Kagaya announced.

There were a few moments of silence before the other Hashiras burst into disbelief. I smirked knowing my theory that he would offer me to become one.

"Master you can't be serious!"

"We barely know the guy. How can you safely assume he would be trustworthy?"

"An interesting decision but it would need some convincing."

Each of them expressed their disagreement with Kagaya's decision. I knew such an action would stir some debate. They continued for a short while until he snapped his fingers. They all fell back into silence. I must respect him for commanding them in such a calm and thorough manner. The opposite of how I was raised yet it was effective.

"I understand your concerns and I know how you feel about this. But this is an opportunity. Jin Sakai is no ordinary man as he has proved that he can take care of a few demons. How else do you explain areas of demon infestations? He alone eradicated them." Kagaya elucidated.

It was true, my first attempt was to follow the rumors of demons and see where it led. Ever since then I gradually learned about demons and the people who fight them.

"Although I simply asked if he would join us. It would be his decision if that is what he wants."

"My duty hasn't changed. As Samurai I will protect the innocent whether it be from Mongols or demons. I will do what is necessary. I may not be from here but I won't waste this opportunity." I declared.

"Kagaya Ubuyashika, I wish to join the demon slayer corps."

I got down on my knees and lowered my head to show that I was serious.

"Jin Sakai, raise your head," Kagaya said.

I did as he asked and saw he moved closer to the edge of the floor.

"I put a lot of faith in my children in hopes that one day all demons will be gone. So that no more lives will be taken and that we may live on in peace. I hope that you, a samurai of the past, would join our fight."

"I will." I agreed.

I would be forever grateful and in debt to Kagaya. I felt a sense of a newfound purpose like when I officially had fulfilled the promise of becoming a samurai. The way the others detest the decision made me think that being a Hashira was meaningful. I may have gotten this chance but I would have to prove my worth.

"Master if you truly believe he is worthy to be one of us. I request he demonstrate his strength and skill." Rengoku suggested.

"Sakai. You should know that there are rules to joining us. Since you have proved yourself during your exploits before. This would a good chance to show your skill. This is why I believe my children wish to fight you." Kagaya interrupted

"If I must. I'll show you what I can do." I accepted.

It would appear I needed to be tested. It's one thing to fight demons but a Hashira. I have yet to see them in action.  It would also benefit me to have them know that I am capable of fitting into their ranks. The question is who will fight me.

"Master, allow me to be the first to duel him," Sanemi volunteered.

Kagaya agree which meant I had to be ready. They said that we would be fighting where they stood while the others watched. Sanemi walked past as he smirked at me in confidence. I must tread carefully if I were to survive or at least win.

3rd POV

The two men stood at opposite ends of each other. The clear sky made everything favorable with a slight breeze. Jin on one side to Kagaya's left and Sanemi on his right. Both of them were skilled in their craft but one would be better than the other.

Sanemi unsheathed his katana then pointed at Jin. He held a grin as he was confident that his superior skills would best Sakai.

"The 'Ghost'. Is that some sort of boogeyman to be afraid of? You may defeat demons on your own. But wait till you see a true demon slayer." Sanemi opposed.

Jin pulled out the blade and promptly stood in his stone stance.

"Then show me," Jin said.

The duel was about to begin. The anticipation was hanging in the air. They have yet to see what Jin Sakai could do. Safe to say Shinobu and Giyu caught a glimpse of his abilities when they caught him. They had their theories mostly leading some to think that Sanemi would win.

"Who do you think is going to win? Tomioka-san what do you think." Shinobu asked.

She was only meant with silence while he was focused on what was going to happen.

"If Sanemi had volunteered there that means it would be no easy fight. He would be relentless with his attacks." Gyomei addressed.

"Are you sure? I have hope that our new friend here can at least hold his own." Mitsuri cheered.

It was not certain who would strike first but that would be determined instantly. The first to charge was Sanemi he rushed in like a bull while Jin stood his ground. Once he was close enough, he darted to the side before vanishing into thin air. He reappeared in the air in front of Sakai. Jin surprised for a moment raised his blade to block the attack.

Both blades clashed together into a small shockwave of air which everyone felt as it rippled their clothes. Jin immediately felt the power behind Sanemi's strike. Their blades jittered metal against metal as Jin gritted his teeth.

They pushed away from each other. Sanemi did not let up and continued an onslaught of sword strikes. The attacks struck so fast and powerful that Jin had no choice but hold defense. This was different than fighting any Mongol or Samurai on the island. Sanemi gradually increased his breathing to strengthen his attacks. He wanted to break through Jin Sakai out of pride and arrogance.

Sanemi wanted to prove his dominance especially with being adept in his breathing style. With the fight going for a few minutes it would seem that Jin has yet to do any real damage.

The Hashira watched how well their fellow demon slayer was doing but still doubted Jin's performance. Sparks emitted from their clashes and light blasts of wind as Jin defended against Sanemi.

"If Jin were to win he had to do something special or succumb to a devastating defeat." Obanai evaluated. To him, it was a one-sided fight.

"I knew he wouldn't be able to keep up with Sanemi. The fight would gave been over if he fought me." Tengen asserted. It's true, Jin would have been in danger against the sound pillar.

"Even still he's doing well to able to hold his own against Sanemi. It's only a matter of time before he is defeated." Shinobu assessed. She did not whether who would win but now the fight is expected.

Giyu had a strange feeling went he first met Jin. The first interaction was with him bumping into Jin on accident. When their eyes met, a flash of instinct told him to fear this man. It went away as Jin disappeared into the crowd. After they found him, he watched as Jin cut down multiply demons at once. He saw how he wore some type of armor and the mask that cover half his mouth.

For the first time, he saw a future lower rank demon in fear. The demon fell on his butt and backed away while eyeing Jin like he was a demon himself. Even Giyu could feel the bloodlust that radiated from him.

So he was surprised to see how Jin fought against a demon slayer. Sanemi blurred around Jin while the samurai maintained a steady defense. He stared at Jin in suspicion as to why he had yet to do any attack.

Sanemi thought regular strikes would reach yet he could not break Jin's defense. So he decided to unleash a series of sword strikes. Sanemi stopped his assault and backed away from Jin.

"I overestimated that you could somehow have any chance in defeating me." Sanemi compelled as he grinned.

"Then why am I still standing? You have yet to show me a true demon slayer." Jin provoked.

*Laughs* "I'm just getting started!" Sanemi enthusiastically let out.

He stood in a particular stance in which all the Hashiras knew what was about to happen. Jin could feel in his body to be ready as the wind pillar took an enormous breath.

'Wind Breathing First Form...' Sanemi thought. He sprinted towards Jin with an intense expression.

'Dust Whirlwind Cutter.' Sanemi's blade moved in a way that created a horizontal cyclone of slashes. Like a sideways tornado, Jin was shocked and awestruck to see such a move. He could not block extraordinarily powerful attacks so he dodged to the side. Jin manage to escape the incoming cyclone but the upward motion of the blade managed to cut him. It slashed through his armor leaving a minor cut on his body. Jin was not ready when another attack fell on him.

'Second Form - Claws, Purifying Winds.' Sanemi was not going to let Jin rest for a second. Four vertical slashes that resembled claws came crashing down on Jin.

He could only block one of them but felt three go through him. One slice across his chest and two on his back as blood poured out from the wounds. Jin stumbled back so he could readjust. Sanemi smiled excitedly he finally harmed him. Jin looked up to see that he was going for another strike.

'Wind Breathing Sixth Form...' Sanemi spun around while moving his blade upwardly creating a small tornado. Jin got to his feet and position himself so his blade was held horizontally.

'Black Wind Mountain Mist.'

Sanemi came forward with the heavy tornado of slashes.

'Heavenly Strike.' Jin finally launched an attack of his own.

As he came forward, Jin darted towards Sanemi. Which disrupted his attack and stopped both men in their tracks. Sanemi stood there a moment before looking at his shoulder to find a deep cut. While Jin took a couple more cuts of his own.

"Ha! Is this all you got? A simple cut that barely hurt. To think you could even come close to us. Master are you sure now he is worthy to become a Hashira?" Sanemi berated.

Kagaya stood quietly but nodded his head. He stilled hoped for the legend to have a trick up his sleeve. Sanemi scoffed while Jin took out his ghost mask. He pondered if he should use it yet what would that accomplish. Instead, he put it away and hit his chest to fight through the pain.

"Not yet!" Jin shouted.

He thought back to how to use the breathing techniques. He took a quick, deep breath to strengthen.

'Heavenly Strike.' Jin followed through with him being the first to attack. He zoomed past Sanemi as the demon slayer was quick to block the simple attack.

Jin was now on the offense. He sent a barrage of sword strikes with Sanemi sending a few of his own. Both were now in a clash of swords. Despite his injuries, Jin powered through and continued his assault.

"So Jin has now taken the initiative, this might get interesting," Gyomei stated.

The Hashiras were stunned to see that Jin was attacking Sanemi. They observed how fluid Jin's movement was. He clenched the grip with both hands to intensify his flawless motion. Jin was now fighting with vigor in his heart. Out of all the duels, he had battled in. None were as fierce as this one.

'Dance of Wrath.' Jin sheathed his katana before sending three instant slices. It happened so fast that he seemed like he teleported. Each strike managed to injure Sanemi as he now has visible cuts.

Jin quickly switched to a wind stance then proceeded to kick upwards towards Sanemi's chin. The blow caught the Hashira off guard. His eyes burned a deep annoyance so he launched another wind attack. Sanemi used the momentum to backflip in the air then swung his sword at Jin.

'Wind Breathing Ninth Form - Idaten Typhoon.' A powerful gust of circular wind plunged over Jin. Each of the Hashiras was stunned now that Jin was struck with such attacks.

After the dust settled, Jin was kneeling on one knee while using his blade to hold himself up. Blood was noticeable which darken his already black armor. Jin was heavily breathing when he looked up at Sanemi, who appeared hurt but was still standing.

"It's about time we end this little game. There are demons out there that need to be killed. Nothing but a waste of time." Sanemi said.

"If that's what you think. I wouldn't mind if I did too." Jin confidently told as he got up to his feet.

*Gritts his Teeth* "Stop acting like you have the upper hand! That's what I hate about you. You continue to fight when your defeat is inevitable." Sanemi berated.

"I know what it's like to lose. It times you felt the same way." Jin taunted.

Sanemi's anger was rising to a boiling point. Jin saw that look in his eyes of someone that what's to kill him. Sanemi clenched his blade before sprinting after Jin. The Hashiras were ready to step in since they saw that their friend was in a rage state.

In slow motion, Jin threw a smoke bomb right in front of Sanemi. An unexpected blast of smoke covers the area. Sanemi coughed at the dense cloud but still kept his eyes on Jin.

The wind blew away a portion of the smoke. Jin took one deep and massive breath before vanishing from thin air. All eyes were on Jin when he did something surprising. In one moment he was in one spot and the next he was gone.

Sanemi barely noticed when his blade was cut into two pieces. He stood there motionless when he felt something pressed against his neck and back.  The smoke cleared before all stared at Jin who had Sanemi in a situation where he could not move.

"Stand down," Jin whispered behind Sanemi.

The Wind pillar slowly recognized what had happened. It was so fast, Jin held his katana against his neck while he pointed his smaller blade towards his back.

The demon slayer was shocked as yet one has to speak. They had their assumptions but known knew what kind of special ability Jin showed off. There was silence before a slow clap was heard.

"Jin Sakai has won," Kagaya announced.

He stood up with the help of his daughters. Despite his blindness, he could feel every clash and small action from Jin and Sanemi. A duel where all were to witness is that Jin was worthy to be part of the demon slayer corps.

"Everyone can settle down. Jin, come closer." Kagaya asked calmly.

Jin did so while Sanemi took a glance at his blade and the pieces on the ground. He was confused but still had yet to digest that he lost. Eventually, he joined the others. Jin got to his knees and out his katana in front of him.

"I hereby declare Jin Sakai as a Hashira. The 10th demon slayer..." Kagaya declared graciously and appreciatively.

Jin was overcome with a sense of purpose or a reason to be here. It's was the same feeling he got when he became a samurai. If only those close to him could witness this.

"It is an honor, Kagaya Ubuyashika." Jin accepted by bowing his head.

| Jin Sakai - Ghost Pillar |

.

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 18 9
[DISCONTINUED] "Everything about her reminds you of winter." Her touch was light and gentle like falling snow with a touch of warmth that opened up h...
23.6K 259 29
What if Muzan wasn't defeated and instead pulled a trump card in order to save his own skin? A new king destined to bring terror once more. What if s...
36.6K 1.8K 68
In the taisho era, a young girl named Rimuru, encountered a powerful demon but managed to escape at the cost of the lives of those she calls family...
9.9K 428 5
Tanjirou knew something was wrong the second the smell hit him, well two smells to be exact.He'd been stopped when he'd smelt something very distress...